Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Wrath synergy with Mag?

Wawus

I recently have been experimenting with Sentient Wrath, but I am still trying to grasp fully the mechanics. I want to pose a question that hopefully someone can help me with.

Mag's augmented Fracturing Crush can remove up to 80% (cap) armor for X period of time. Polarize removes Y amount of shield or armor and in case of armor, hits with true damage equal to Y. Sentient Warth targets enemies and makes them more vulnerable to incoming damage for period of time.

From what I understand, Polarize applied on Crushed enemies removes a lot more armor due to lowered armor on the enemy. Now, depending on how it is all being applied, does Sentient Wrath have any way of increasing the amount of removed armor or does it just enhance amount of true damage and crush damage? I tried to figure out from the wiki if Polarize numbers scale only with strength or if there is any synergy between these three abilities, but I cannot seem to come to 100% certain conclusion.

Sentient Wrath has nothing to do with armor/shield removal. Damage Vulnerability is simply extra damage applied to enemies afflicted with it.

Polarize deals True Damage equal to the amount of armor stripped. The amount won't be affected by Damage Vulnerability. I'm not sure if the true damage calculated after stripping armor is affected by Damage Vulnerability... I kind of doubt it. I'd guess Sentient Wrath affects Crush damage but has no effect on the true damage from Polarize. Either way, it is a really slow combo for what you're trying to achieve. I'd skip sentient wrath altogether IMO. 

The 80% armor strip of Crush is pretty bad IMO. Not worth it at all. Better to just use Fire Blast if you're looking to use a less than 100% armor strip ability. Cheaper to cast, doesn't cost a mod slot, and overall a better option than what you're looking at with Crush.

27 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The 80% armor strip of Crush is pretty bad IMO. Not worth it at all. Better to just use Fire Blast if you're looking to use a less than 100% armor strip ability. Cheaper to cast, doesn't cost a mod slot, and overall a better option than what you're looking at with Crush.

It only has one downside....

It requires Linile of Sight where Fracturing Crush does not....

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It only has one downside....

It requires Linile of Sight where Fracturing Crush does not....

Crush also generates Shield IIRC. 
So its Armor strip, Damage, CC and shield regen all in one button. Fireblast is ... A little bit of damage with armor strip. I'd take Fracturing Crush over Fireblast lol.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Sentient Wrath has nothing to do with armor/shield removal. Damage Vulnerability is simply extra damage applied to enemies afflicted with it.

Polarize deals True Damage equal to the amount of armor stripped. The amount won't be affected by Damage Vulnerability. I'm not sure if the true damage calculated after stripping armor is affected by Damage Vulnerability... I kind of doubt it. I'd guess Sentient Wrath affects Crush damage but has no effect on the true damage from Polarize. Either way, it is a really slow combo for what you're trying to achieve. I'd skip sentient wrath altogether IMO. 

If they were looking for a limited ability, I'd agree.  But Crush with the augment has Shield regen/Overshields, armor strip & stun built in, with none of that effected by line of sight restrictions. 

I haven't played with the other ability in question but when it comes to AoE's, Crush is a decent option because of the CC & support functionality, even without the augment, and it interacts with Polarize in a way that other 'frames don't have. 

4 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Crush also generates Shield IIRC. 

I mean.... That would be nice if Shields were actually useful...

4 hours ago, Reitrix said:

So its Armor strip, Damage, CC and shield regen all in one button. Fireblast is ... A little bit of damage with armor strip. I'd take Fracturing Crush over Fireblast lol.

Fire last also Knocks over any enemies hit by the AoE....

And it doesn't require a Mod Slot....

And the Armor Strip is Permanent 👀.... Atleast I'm using it is....

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

and it interacts with Polarize in a way that other 'frames don't have. 

What way is that ? 😱

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I just know I'm gonna regret this but

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

I have spare mod points, so I start out with more energy than most & I have Zenurik.  Energy isn't really an issue for me.

LoL.. I have three Umbral Polarities.... I don't know if I can pull that off 👀...

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

LoL.. I have three Umbral Polarities.... I don't know if I can pull that off 👀...

I have multiple Mag Primes to experiment with, that one is just my go-to set up.  On another note, it sure would be nice if we could polarize the different configs independently. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

I'll have to play with that, thank you. 

Bugged in Steel Path unfortunately, the added bonus armor is not being calculated into the initial strip for some reason. The ability sees it as base armor + bonus armor instead of all as base armor

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Augmented Crush x3, Polarize x1.  Her Magnetize works with projectile based Warframe abilities as well; Magnetize + Exalted Blade + Prism = Disco Blender

Do you mean all 3 hits of a single Crush cast, or 3 seperate Crush casts?

12 hours ago, Reitrix said:

Do you mean all 3 hits of a single Crush cast, or 3 seperate Crush casts?

2-3 seperate crush casts plus 1 polarize depending on your ability strength and the mob iirc. I could strip Hemocyte with 2x crush + 1x polarize, and I cant recall if that build even reaches 200% strength. Not sure if Steel Path armored mobs always require 3x crush. Havent played Mag there yet.

Yea I too am confused on why you need to cast fracturing so much. So trying to make sense of this, you cast crush, then crush again, then crush again, then polarize right? So an enemy loses 80% armor, then 80% of whats left ( 16%, leaving 4%), then another 80% (3.2%, 0.8% armor) and then polarize for the flat strip? With the build you shows polarize strips 924 armor. Unless the enemy is a level 495 corrupted heavy gunner this is already overkill. 

Edit note: So I did some maths, and apparently at level 160+ just 2 frac crush casts isnt enough to remove the armor for polarize, so the more you know. 

With that eff youre using ~60 energy per cast, so it costs 180 energy for the crushes and another ~40 for polarize. There gotta be more reliable and easier methods to 100% armor strip. Gauss has permanent armor strip, so does Caliban, Vauban, Grendel, and a few other frames, all for less hassle.

Im not saying to switch off mag, cause mag is a great frame, but it feels weird that youre so bent on this build for armor strip when a simple 10 stack corrosive proc does just as much work. why not build towards her other strengths like magnetize, and use either corrosive or a subsume like fire blast if you need armor stripping, rather then hamstringing a play style around spamming a otherwise weak armor strip? 

I think Sentient wrath vulnerability functions like Sevagoth's 1st ability (is it reap?, idk they all have edgy names), making enemies take increased damage from all sources for the duration. If they had lower armour after mag crush then they would take more damage from all sources due to lower armour, logically.

Archived