Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple QoL Request... Legendary Rank

THeMooN85

Meanwhile theres a subset of tenno who pretend to be MR1. I've seen and talked to other L1 players pretending to be MR1's by using base Excalibur colored with default colors and MK1 weapons with default colors and kitted out with tons of formas and rivens. I sold a paris riven to someone who told me specifically what it was for. I also have a friend who also does this already as well.

15 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I actually like to be mistaken for an MR 1 (and seeing how players react) , and then when they realise I am not MR 1 as well.

Yep, had a friend change back to the default grey icon for this very purpose... 🙂

But for those wanting bragging rights I agree with the OP, Legendary rank should be a bit more "noticeable".

17 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

Meanwhile theres a subset of tenno who pretend to be MR1. I've seen and talked to other L1 players pretending to be MR1's by using base Excalibur colored with default colors and MK1 weapons with default colors and kitted out with tons of formas and rivens. I sold a paris riven to someone who told me specifically what it was for. I also have a friend who also does this already as well.

This reminds me of making low level duelers (lld) in Diablo 2 back in the day. Too much fun joining random pub duel games on a  lvl 30 character and killing lvl90+. 

48 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

This reminds me of making low level duelers (lld) in Diablo 2 back in the day. Too much fun joining random pub duel games on a  lvl 30 character and killing lvl90+. 

Those must have been awful level 90+s. You shouldn't be able to win.

40 minutes ago, nslay said:

Those must have been awful level 90+s. You shouldn't be able to win.

Low lvl duelers were stacked. D2jsp made it a lot easier to gear, you weren't going into games in basic gear or a random builds. You built to kill high lvl players and traded for the gear required. It actually cost more to gear a lld because very few people ran lld scripts on their bots.  You'd be surprised what you could do with the right gear.

23 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Low lvl duelers were stacked. D2jsp made it a lot easier to gear, you weren't going into games in basic gear or a random builds. You built to kill high lvl players and traded for the gear required. It actually cost more to gear a lld because very few people ran lld scripts on their bots.  You'd be surprised what you could do with the right gear.

I know. I have done lld before (but against other lld). I stand by what I said: It shouldn't be possible for a godly geared lld to beat a godly geared lvl 90+.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

I know. I have done lld before (but against other lld). I stand by what I said: It shouldn't be possible for a godly geared lld to beat a godly geared lvl 90+.

I was talking about slamin  jerks in pubs on your lld not legit gm first to 5 for fg.

A lld hdin that's good at dsynch can hold their own vs 90+ though. You can't sorb magic damage. Or a charge smite pally can stomp too, no need ar when smite 100% hits and stuns. 

A sin that's good at namelocking can stunlock with mindblast and use dragonflight like tele. Not that hard to pick them to pieces if they don't know how to escape mb stunlock or their fhr is low. 

Or make ww barbs kill themselves with a bone wall iron maiden nec, also worked against zons and melee pally.

Or you just have a random lvl character that's just high enough lvl to use lower resist charge wands on your swap and skill lifers. I guess it would be closer mld not lld but who cares when you're getting kills with less than half their lvls.

Bringing a lld to pubs was what you did when you were bored or when someone was nk town guarding so bring in lld with a loader and put people in their place. 

p.s. sorry op hijacking your thread 

12 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Do something with Legendary Rank to make it more distinctive, especially in the small icons.

YdXRFGx.png

U7lSLUg.png

This "one" is visible, but the thing next to it is not quite, and it blends with the background of the profile picture.

So... can you DE do something with it?

just look harder.

i dont see the issue.

Archived