The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's wrong with pineapple pizza and mayonnaise?

TheArmchairThinker

9 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

They're tasty, sweet and a bit sour and lots of other taste from the pizza so what makes them hated?

Never tried either but a lot of my friends say pineapple is good. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Just now, Berzerkules said:

idk wtf you're talking about mayo though. You put that on pizza?

Agreed, never heard anyone suggest mayo before.

I like to dip pizza in ranch dressing. Pretty sure that makes me some kind of war criminal.

5 minutes ago, QuestWasTaken said:

Never tried either but a lot of my friends say pineapple is good. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Agreed, never heard anyone suggest mayo before.

I like to dip pizza in ranch dressing. Pretty sure that makes me some kind of war criminal.

I dislike hot pineapple on pizza. Hawaiian with with just ham and pineapple is gross but cold pineapple on like an everything pizza or a veggie pizza is good. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Cold pineapple, tomato and jalapeno on top of pizza after it's cooked. You don't burn the roof of your mouth with molten cheese and you get that sweet, spicy salty thing going on. idk wtf you're talking about mayo though. You put that on pizza?

9 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Pineapple on pizza is fine.

But mayo...? Dafuq?

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You lost my support at "mayo"

Let's say it's my younger self's curiosity that results into what I am now. There's this pizza crust called cheesy bites with mayomix dip and my younger self just dip the pizza into it out of curiosity, turns out it's really tasty

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Let's say it's my younger self's curiosity that results into what I am now. There's this pizza crust called cheesy bites with mayomix dip and my younger self just dip the pizza into it out of curiosity, turns out it's really tasty

Please don't make me want to try this. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, QuestWasTaken said:

like to dip pizza in ranch dressing

FYI, ranch dressing is based on mayo

"Ranch dressing is an American salad dressing usually made from buttermilk, salt, garlic, onion, mustard, herbs (commonly chives, parsley and dill), and spices (commonly pepper, paprika and ground mustard seed) mixed into a sauce based on mayonnaise or another oil emulsion. Sour cream and yogurt are sometimes used in addition to, or as a substitute for, buttermilk and mayonnaise."

- Wikipedia

Just now, TheArmchairThinker said:

"Ranch dressing is an American salad dressing usually made from buttermilk, salt, garlic, onion, mustard, herbs (commonly chives, parsley and dill), and spices (commonly pepper, paprika and ground mustard seed) mixed into a sauce based on mayonnaise or another oil emulsion. Sour cream and yogurt are sometimes used in addition to, or as a substitute for, buttermilk and mayonnaise."

- Wikipedia

images warhammer GIF

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

- Wikipedia

Aretha Franklin No GIF by MOODMAN

4 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

I'll eat anything at least once. I just spent some years working restaurants when I was younger and the way those 4 gallon tubs of mayo juggled and they sounds they made kinda killed it for me. 

• Like 2

this, armchair. might be your best thread so far.

pizza hut in my country have been selling some pizzas with mayo for quite a while now.
of course we're not italians, but i gotta say they didn't taste wrong whatsoever. 

beef-mayo-pan-pizza--2425.jpg

that's beef mayo pizza, and the only crime it did is because it's in "personal pan" size. which means you're getting more crust and less toppings ratio.
some other types like seafood pizzas actually tastes really awesome with mayo. fried shrimp and mayo? come on.

i'm the kind of person who doesn't mind pineapple on my pizza, if somebody order it i'll eat  it. we're south east asians, we beach people even put pineapples in our fried rice.
but if i'm the one ordering, i'd prefer to have more meat in there instead of pineapples.

what i'm really concerned right now, is this:
peas pizza. ladies and gentlemen. it's so impudent i will put this abomination on spoiler 

Spoiler

a1KzrQw_700b.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

They're tasty, sweet and a bit sour and lots of other taste from the pizza so what makes them hated?

Pizza is inherently a savory food. Pineapple, like most fruit, is sweet. Some people like the contrast, but some people REALLY don't, and that's why the debates get so heated. It also helps if the pineapple is prepared correctly

5 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

idk wtf you're talking about mayo though. You put that on pizza?

Apparently it's popular in Brazil and Japan

• Like 1

I would never order a pizza with pineapple on, but I will eat it if I have to - if there's only a few pieces on I probably wouldn't pick it off, if there's too much on I would pick some off.  Onion and capsicum (bell peppers) though can sod right off.  I'll reach through burning hot cheese to pick those off.

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

what i'm really concerned right now, is this:
peas pizza. ladies and gentlemen. it's so impudent i will put this abomination on spoiler 

Hide contents

a1KzrQw_700b.jpg

:D
I can't say I've ever seen or heard of peas on a pizza, but I do commit my own form of heresy by adding corn when I make homemade pizza.   (not candycorn LOL) A throwback from my (very brief) vegetarian days...  All I'll say is don't knock it until you try it :P  It's a little bit like the idea of pineapple (a little burst of something sweet), but not quite as sweet.  Plus, hey, it's a vegetable, so you can legitimately say you've had vegetables for dinner :D

8 hours ago, QuestWasTaken said:

Twitter Freaks Out Over Candy Corn Pizza

okay that's just a joke pizza that will never took off.

if it does i will leave earth on the next spaceship elon musk launch.

7 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

I'll show you the another level : cheesy mayo pizza

Reveal hidden contents

picture-1572007732.jpg

that... looks like a normal delicious pizza.

5 hours ago, 0bsi said:

I would never order a pizza with pineapple on, but I will eat it if I have to - if there's only a few pieces on I probably wouldn't pick it off, if there's too much on I would pick some off.  Onion and capsicum (bell peppers) though can sod right off.  I'll reach through burning hot cheese to pick those off.

:D
I can't say I've ever seen or heard of peas on a pizza, but I do commit my own form of heresy by adding corn when I make homemade pizza.   (not candycorn LOL) A throwback from my (very brief) vegetarian days...  All I'll say is don't knock it until you try it :P  It's a little bit like the idea of pineapple (a little burst of something sweet), but not quite as sweet.  Plus, hey, it's a vegetable, so you can legitimately say you've had vegetables for dinner :D

again, official menu from our local pizza hut:

beef-corn-stuffed-crust-keju--266T.jpg

we're asians so it's not strange. but i believe the koreans put corns on more stuff than the rest of us.

==============

as for the peas mayo pizza, it's like a new trend that girls order "because it's healthy" and moms make for the same reason.

personally i think pizza is great because you stack great ingredients (yummy bread, yummy tomato sauce, yummy cheese, and various yummy meat toppings on top of it) and shove it into an oven. 
that's why i'm not against mayo pizza. mayo is good. i mean i haven't try a steak pizza but i'm willing to bet that it'll taste great. because steak is good.

while peas, is just something that kids around the world of various cultures universally agreed as disgusting.
don't forget that kids are honest.

you can't just put yucky ingredient on a pizza and hope the other yummy ingredients will make it good. they all have to be good.

Edited by Soy77

7 hours ago, Soy77 said:

as for the peas mayo pizza, it's like a new trend that girls order "because it's healthy" and moms make for the same reason.

personally i think pizza is great because you stack great ingredients (yummy bread, yummy tomato sauce, yummy cheese, and various yummy meat toppings on top of it) and shove it into an oven. 
that's why i'm not against mayo pizza. mayo is good. i mean i haven't try a steak pizza but i'm willing to bet that it'll taste great. because steak is good.

while peas, is just something that kids around the world of various cultures universally agreed as disgusting.
don't forget that kids are honest.

you can't just put yucky ingredient on a pizza and hope the other yummy ingredients will make it good. they all have to be good.

LOL peas on a pizza being "healthy"   :D   But I can't talk, to get my kid to eat more vegetables early on, I added pureed vegetables (like pumpkin, peas and broccoli) to the tomato sauce :D :D  I know, it's a crime, but hey it worked! .... maybe too well....  kid went on to become vegetarian :P

My first impression of mayo on a pizza is yuck.  But I guess it depends on the flavour of the mayo.....   My favourite food is Okonomiyaki, which has mayo on it (But it's a different kind of mayo) .... and if someone told me I'd voluntarily eat a cabbage pancake topped with soy sauce and mayo, I'd have asked what they were smoking :P

• Like 1