The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2021 Year In Review Stats

PublikDomain

37 minutes ago, nslay said:

This status aspect is really really why people use weapons like Kuva Nukor... not because they can use an Arcane slot or Harrow or use a cat to make Kuva Nukor do some damage. No, they want that Microwave, Radiation and progenitor damage status so they can stick 2-3 more damage types on the weapon (Impact progenitor gives you Slash from Hemhorrage).

Some people might use the weapon for that reason, but far from everyone. The microwave status means nothing if you're just killing stuff with its Ignis Wraith-competitive stats. Y'know, the weapon topping the Primary usage list??

28 minutes ago, nslay said:

Once again, and again and again, imagine if Tenet Cycron could prime enemies better than Kuva Nukor.

Cedo's a better primer than Ignis Wraith, yet has less than 1/3th of its usage. Gee, it's almost like CO priming isn't literally everything.

27 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

I never said it would be bad if it could? What? What's up with people on this forum having their argument defeated and insta doubling back on something else and claiming that was their point to whole time. You said that removing microwave would make the weapons even, a lot of people told you that you were wrong, and now you're saying that you actually meant for the cycron to be better at priming from the beginning instead of just owning up to the fact that we disagreed with you.

Edit: "No, it's just that it can deal 1 extra status effect (Microwave) more than every other secondary in the game. So everyone uses it for Condition Overload and Galvanized Aptitude/Savvy/Shot.

The proper "fix" is to remove Microwave or make it not count as a proper status effect. As long as players use CO and the Galvanized mods, players will always want the maximum number of status effects from weapons. And only Nukor and Kuva Nukor have access to this 1 status effect not attainable by any other weapon in the game." This is what I originally addressed, and you keep moving the damned goal posts because you're afraid of being wrong, just own up to it dude no one's going to kill you if you admit that you might have been wrong

You can make Kuva Nukor do 1 base damage and be single-target and it will still be in the top 10 because it is the best priming weapon in the game.

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

@Kontrollo worth noting is that the 2021 stats includes all Zaw parts - grips and dangles - as well as blades. So the Zaw stats are a bit weird.

Yes, there are a few weird things in there. It was not my goal to sanitise or prettify the data, though.

In fact, one problem I had to fix was that I could not take the column names for granted while keeping it general -- initially I just looked at the first thing every time, but ACRID doesn't have all the names in its data. 😐

On the plus side, the script should (hopefully) work with next year's data, too, if they keep doing it.

Not sure why the raw data is like this -- maybe DE just don't display items that have exactly 0% in their graphs.

13 minutes ago, nslay said:

You can make Kuva Nukor do 1 base damage and be single-target and it will still be in the top 10 because it is the best priming weapon in the game.

No it wouldn’t because one, most players don’t even care about priming, and two because again it’s not even the best primer anymore, the Epitaph took its throne a long time ago. 

1 minute ago, Josh486 said:

No it wouldn’t because one, most players don’t even care about priming, and two because again it’s not even the best primer anymore, the Epitaph took its throne a long time ago. 

OK, well that's where we disagree. I think most players don't care about playing with unpopular cats, frames and I think most players don't have Arcane Avenger or are not willing to sacrifice an Arcane slot for Kuva Nukor.

I think most players who play Kuva Nukor are using it for 5-6 unique damage types (one of which is exclusive to Nukor).

31 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

@Kontrollo worth noting is that the 2021 stats includes all Zaw parts - grips and dangles - as well as blades. So the Zaw stats are a bit weird.

Oh right, I guess that's inconvenient to fix manually with so many files. Not sure whether I should change that in the uploaded script, but it's easy to fix.

Add the highlighted two lines here:

Isds95V.png

if sum(item_values.values()) == 0:

continue

That skips the '.append(...)' on line 50, so they're removed.

3 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Oh right, I guess that's inconvenient to fix manually with so many files. Not sure whether I should change that in the uploaded script, but it's easy to fix.

Add the highlighted two lines here:

Isds95V.png

That skips the '.append(...)' on line 50, so they're removed.

Easy fix, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

You could remove K.Nukor's Microwave and it would still be the best AoE/semi-AoE secondary weapon in the game.

I think if you remove Microwave, it will become far less popular.

Look, you can use Harrow, or a cat or an Arcane to help Kuva Nukor. You can do that... no dispute there. But how many players want to play with Harrow? How many use Adarza? How many have Arcane Avenger or are even willing to slot it for Kuva Nukor? Do you see the conundrum there?

It isn't that you can theoretically use flat crit chances to help Kuva Nukor... it's that it procs 5-6 unique status effects (one of which is exclusive). This is very powerful with CO and Galvanized Mods.

34 minutes ago, nslay said:

I've got no way to prove it, but my strong impression is that swap priming is a fringe activity at best.   It's just not necessary in the content most people play, and very often counterproductive in that content for pure kills per second. 

And does this player base strike you as one that's inclined to make extra, unnecessary effort for fun?

I just cannot jive those usage numbers with swap priming. 

26 minutes ago, nslay said:

OK, well that's where we disagree. I think most players don't care about playing with unpopular cats, frames and I think most players don't have Arcane Avenger or are not willing to sacrifice an Arcane slot for Kuva Nukor.

I think most players who play Kuva Nukor are using it for 5-6 unique damage types (one of which is exclusive to Nukor).

No there’s no “we agree to disagree,” this is a baseless assumption, the majority of players never use primers, because most content just doesn’t need them to be used. If you care enough to use a primer, you’ll care enough to use avenger as well to make up the difference. Arcane avenger is also one of the strongest arcanes anyways so I don’t really get why “using a slot” for it is bad. 

Hell Id argue that most people don’t even know that the Nukor microwave even counts as a status effect, hell I’ve been using it for years and didn’t even know until like a month ago

12 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

I just assume it's been she can't press one button to clear a room, and requires some thought and upkeep for her kit.

I just never liked her gameplay. She’s very repetitive, even if it is with multiple buttons you’re still just, pressing 4, destroying it with your 1, repeating ad infitium. It’s boring as all hell and in my experience it’s not even worth it. 

43 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

It always blows me away how little rep Gara gets considering how incredible she is. 

As much as I love Gara, the micromanaging of her abilities--which don't always work flawlessly either--are a huge pain in the arse. She desperately needs a Xaku treatment, aka let her recast her Splinter Storm. Boom, done.

8 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

I just never liked her gameplay. She’s very repetitive, even if it is with multiple buttons you’re still just, pressing 4, destroying it with your 1, repeating ad infitium. It’s boring as all hell and in my experience it’s not even worth it. 

To be fair, that's most skill kits, but most aren't as clunky to use due to the micromanagement.

2 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

I’m amazed at how much wukong rose in the ranks after his rework. I hope they can do more of that for other frames. 

His usage is most likely due to people spam running void captures on ukko for relics lol

24 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I've got no way to prove it, but my strong impression is that swap priming is a fringe activity at best.   It's just not necessary in the content most people play, and very often counterproductive in that content for pure kills per second. 

And does this player base strike you as one that's inclined to make extra, unnecessary effort for fun?

I just cannot jive those usage numbers with swap priming. 

I think it's more popular than you remember. How much discussion have we seen in the past years here just about Condition Overload. Come on man, I'm sure you remember.

26 minutes ago, nslay said:

I think it's more popular than you remember. How much discussion have we seen in the past years here just about Condition Overload. Come on man, I'm sure you remember.

CO is great and I have no doubt it's very popular.  But I'll bet you three partially ranked Ammo Drums very little of its power is accessed for swap priming.    Same goes for the Gun CO mods, but even moreso, since primary/secondary swapping isn't instant and they have extra conditions involved. 

I'm sure you've noticed how popular AoE ranged weapons have gotten for killing things.   Since their radial components don't benefit from those CO/gunCO damage bonuses, there's hardly any  reason to swap prime at all, except to get Viral and maybe a utility proc.   There are lots of ways to do that without relying on Knukor on swap.   And a unique status proc means nothing in that context.

I'm emphasizing swap priming so much because you suggested reducing the Knukor to 1 base damage would leave it in the 10 most popular weapons.  I can't imagine that.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

I think if you remove Microwave, it will become far less popular.

Look, you can use Harrow, or a cat or an Arcane to help Kuva Nukor. You can do that... no dispute there. But how many players want to play with Harrow? How many use Adarza? How many have Arcane Avenger or are even willing to slot it for Kuva Nukor? Do you see the conundrum there?

It isn't that you can theoretically use flat crit chances to help Kuva Nukor... it's that it procs 5-6 unique status effects (one of which is exclusive). This is very powerful with CO and Galvanized Mods.

Feel free to think that. I think most people won't care. Even without Harrow, Arcane or critty cat, the K.Nukor's still a viable crit weapon as the multiplier balances out the chance (and, of course, makes it OP with a flat boost). Still, slotting in one of the best, if not the best, offensive Arcane is about as much of a sacrifice as slotting in Energize. Plus, what CO offers, even with 5-6 unique status effects, is largely balanced out by Secondary Merciless, and completely so by the sheer amount of effective AoE K.Nukor offers, coupled with the comfort and DPS saving of not having to constantly switch between prime, kill, prime, kill, prime, kill, prime, kill...

In the grand scheme of things, using the K.Nukor for priming is a niche. It's a very effective killing tool on its own for how easy it is to use, and Warframe players like doing things the easy way. I mean, Wukong's not the top frame because of some ability to hit ten million damage red crits, exactly.

Archived