The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Weapons for Banshee's Sonar?

Josh486

If you actually want to aim, use a sniper (personal preference) with Harkonar Scope.

Remember that multishot/punch-through makes to combo rank up faster.

And don't forget to use Primary Deadhead/Primary Merciless for an additional damage buff.

Epitaph is good to prolong the stagger from silence (anything that can mass proc cold status effect works), beyond that take whatever you want.

There is no need to try and hit weak spots if you use resonance, everything is painted in up. She wrecks everything. 

Since she can be fragile, Big AoE works even better ( proportionately ) than normal.  But if you want to play Banshee with panache and don't mind jumping around like a maniac (or subsuming something like Gloom) precision weapons or more fringe-y AoE can be a blast.

Also gas and electric can be leveraged really well with Sonar since their procs can hit the weak spots.   Plus they make lots of weapons into pseudo-AoE.  Armor is a bit of a problem, but hey look:  Sonic Fracture.

Melee is interesting too, because I rarely feel the need to build for combo or heavy attacks. 

In general I either  approach Sonar as a way to get more out of  fun but fodder-y weapons.  Or, less often, a way to get ridiculous overkill damage numbers.    But even when I'm not doing that, it's so fun to hear squadmates amazed at their damage popups.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Also gas and electric can be leveraged really well with Sonar since their procs can hit the weak spots.   Plus they make lots of weapons into pseudo-AoE.  Armor is a bit of a problem, but hey look:  Sonic Fracture.

Maybe Viral/Electric Proboscis Cernos then? Proboscis Cernos will ball them up so that all the electric procs will chain to everything in the ball.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Maybe Viral/Electric Proboscis Cernos then? Proboscis Cernos will ball them up so that all the electric procs will chain to everything in the ball.

It wouldn't group them until they recovered from the stagger from silence. I love the proboscis cernos but it doesn't work great at grouping when paired with a lot of cc abilities. 

Just now, nslay said:

Oh absolutely.    That's a good build in general though, even without Sonar.

15 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

It wouldn't group them until they recovered from the stagger from silence. I love the proboscis cernos but it doesn't work great at grouping when paired with a lot of cc abilities. 

Don't need CC as badly when Electric procs are already CC themselves.

19 hours ago, Josh486 said:

Recently got into playing Banshee and I'm kind of at a loss for what weapons I should be using with her sonar.

Literaly Any Weapon....

Only thing you need to be aware of is that AoE Weapons will naturally be Alil bit Wonky at targeting Weak Spots...

As with everytyhing, AoE weapons.  Hitting more stuff means killing more stuff, and killing more stuff means you are in less danger of taking damage and complete the mission faster.  They might be slightly less consistent at hitting weakpoints but enemies will die regardless.  Only exception is if you're doing level cap, in which case I'd recommend using melee slash weapons paired with Epitaph as a primer.

On 2022-03-05 at 10:15 PM, Josh486 said:

Recently got into playing Banshee and I'm kind of at a loss for what weapons I should be using with her sonar.

AoE still works as normal, but the main benefit of Banshee is that she works well with precision weapons too, but I know that many players don't want to compromise too much on their damage vs groups, so I think a good compromise is something like the Kuva Chakkhuur: it has insanely good crit multipliers but also a slight AoE so you don't need perfect precision. same also applies to any hitscan shotgun. 

I also recommend her Resonance augment if you aren't already using it: if that's the case, it makes it so that when you hit a sonar spot it recasts sonar against any enemies within range of that enemy and it stacks infinitely, so if you have the energy you can paint lots of targets on each enemy and then not have to worry about where you hit them as much. Banshee is great fun to play, especially if you like big damage numbers, just make sure not to get too close to powerful enemies for too long as she's one of the squishier frames (you can also use her 3's initial cast to stun enemies).

Le 06/03/2022 à 00:30, Tiltskillet a dit :

Since she can be fragile, Big AoE works even better ( proportionately ) than normal.  But if you want to play Banshee with panache and don't mind jumping around like a maniac (or subsuming something like Gloom) precision weapons or more fringe-y AoE can be a blast.

I agree. Sonar is great, and Resonance augment Mod is even better and I almost use it with AoE weapons to trigger the additional Sonar.

There is an Helminth infusion that makes Banshee more static : Ivara's Quiver. You can stay invisible, launch sonar, blast everything around and then move forward with Silence on to stun enemies around while you're searching for a new spot and launch the invisible arrow again, Sonar, blast everything then move... and all over again till the end.

Archived