Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should all Umbra frames wear clothes?

arch111

Hey there!

I have been thinking about new Umbra frames. If a new frame was designed do you think it should share Excaliburs features?

The signature metal attachements is a given. But what about a cloak, hood or cape? 

How close or far of would you like the Umbra-class to be?

Personally I think they should have some kind of signature clothing and gear, similar enough that we recognize it as Umbra, but not straight up duplicates.

How do you see Umbra in the future?

- arch111 -

And hide the wonderful dump-truck badonkadonks? What sacrilege! 

But yeah, fabrics like Umbra's scarf are nice additions to differentiate Umbra from regular Excalibur. And a bona-fide hood on Wisp makes sense.

That said, are we even getting more Umbra frames?

18 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

And hide the wonderful dump-truck badonkadonks? What sacrilege! 

But yeah, fabrics like Umbra's scarf are nice additions to differentiate Umbra from regular Excalibur. And a bona-fide hood on Wisp makes sense.

That said, are we even getting more Umbra frames?

Frames like wisp should maby even get a new look? If we assume Umbra is basically a different Prime design, some clues should be taken from those.

As for if we are getting them. DE once indicated that it might be in progress, but they are allways so busy and give themselves eay too many new sideprojects to do *chough*steve*cough* ,

So who knows? We have to nag them for it I think.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

scarfs, all of them

Thing is right. I want to do a fanframe of Loki Umbra. I am thinking that maby a torn hood and a open tunic could suit him, again looking at the Prime.

But yes, scarves could be their thing. Just one distinct per Umbra I think.

Considering Excal Umbra wasn't that much different from normal Excal from a mechanical point of view, i'd just like to add Umbra accessories to my other frames and that's all.

The Umbra Scarf is pretty cool.

If they would decide to add more Umbra frames, i would prefer if they were unique both in terms of abilities and looks.

I don't think we will get new Umbra frames. Excalibur Umbra exists for two reasons:

1. Letting players that couldn't purchase the founders pack to get an equivalent to Excalibur Prime
  2. Using the chinese Excalibur Prime Umbra model that they made

However, I have a rather crazy idea but that could work. How about Umbra weapons? I mean, having a Lato Umbra and Skana Umbra that would be the alternative to Lato Prime and Skana Prime for players that couldn't get the founders pack, maybe with a couple of new Umbra mods.

1 hour ago, prodi1600 said:

There wont be no new umbra frames, maybe new umbra mods, but frames doubt it from what have we been shown

Yeah, I know its been ages since they mentioned it.

I will never give up on it though.

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

This assumes we will get more Umbra frames. While they were planning on a few more some number of years back, that plan has long since been shelved, perhaps permanently

They need to be reminded. They have been on this road for so long now, there was no room for Umbra in there.

I still want them.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Considering Excal Umbra wasn't that much different from normal Excal from a mechanical point of view, i'd just like to add Umbra accessories to my other frames and that's all.

The Umbra Scarf is pretty cool.

If they would decide to add more Umbra frames, i would prefer if they were unique both in terms of abilities and looks.

Well, we are nearly there as it with fashionframe.

To me Umbra represents so much more, and I hope they will revisit it one day.

1 hour ago, ElecDeathblade said:

I don't think we will get new Umbra frames. Excalibur Umbra exists for two reasons:

1. Letting players that couldn't purchase the founders pack to get an equivalent to Excalibur Umbra
  2. Using the chinese Excalibur Prime Umbra model that they made

However, I have a rather crazy idea but that could work. How about Umbra weapons? I mean, having a Lato Umbra and Skana Umbra that would be the alternative to Lato Prime and Skana Prime for players tht couldn't get the founders pack, maybe with a couple of new Umbra mods.

Not bad ideas.

And while ofcourse the whole china prime and the rest was a part of it. But we did get a proper quest and Lore that added alot to what we knew of warframes and their crestion.

Give me moar!

fine by me, as long as they're optional: I still remember the salt-fest of not being able to remove Umbra's Scarf. 

I'm not really too fussed considering we don't even know for sure If we'll ever get another Umbra frame: my money is on Umbra Excal simply being the convenient solution to those wanting founder gear, and DE happened to have a chance to weave it into a good quest with some important lore to boot.

The aesthetic is pretty cool so I'd certainly like to see more of it. I don't think I'd like it if every Umbral frame had specifically a scarf, but the cloth element is nice so I'd hope that carries on in different forms. For simplicity they'd probably be based on the Primed body models like Umbra was based on Excal Prime's body, just with the additional ornaments, alt helmet, cloth element, and dark default color scheme. Weapons would be like Skiajati: simple and clean.

What a cool story and gameplay element for DE to have entirely abandoned for no reason. Oh well.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

No clothes, I want to see their full infested body under the "armor" 

Ah, then we go full protoframes, and I am not sure DE is ready to go there yet.

Then again, who knows what crazy things they have in store after the Zariman.

I would allso like to see that.

Only if its denim. Denim shorts, denim jeans, denim crocs, denim bras, denim short shorts, denim scarves. 

However I am willing to make an exception for the materials of the various hats. Like a denim beret would be ludicrous, a straw hat by definition can't be denim, and so on. Alignment on hats should be optional/customisable too. Like, some Warframes, would obviously wear their baseball caps front facing, whilst some would only wear backwards. Not to mentioned, certain Warframes... you know the ones, that would wear them sideways. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

fine by me, as long as they're optional: I still remember the salt-fest of not being able to remove Umbra's Scarf. 

I'm not really too fussed considering we don't even know for sure If we'll ever get another Umbra frame: my money is on Umbra Excal simply being the convenient solution to those wanting founder gear, and DE happened to have a chance to weave it into a good quest with some important lore to boot.

Removable is now not a problem, so why not. Though, is Excal Umbra really as cool without the cloth? 

As for more fames, that is just a priority-problem. I am sure many would welcome Umbra for fashion, and for diversity.

5 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Only if its denim. Denim shorts, denim jeans, denim crocs, denim bras, denim short shorts, denim scarves. 

However I am willing to make an exception for the materials of the various hats. Like a denim beret would be ludicrous, a straw hat by definition can't be denim, and so on. Alignment on hats should be optional/customisable too. Like, some Warframes, would obviously wear their baseball caps front facing, whilst some would only wear backwards. Not to mentioned, certain Warframes... you know the ones, that would wear them sideways. 

You should make denim-syandanas. Make a proper pitch for it.

8 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

The aesthetic is pretty cool so I'd certainly like to see more of it. I don't think I'd like it if every Umbral frame had specifically a scarf, but the cloth element is nice so I'd hope that carries on in different forms. For simplicity they'd probably be based on the Primed body models like Umbra was based on Excal Prime's body, just with the additional ornaments, alt helmet, cloth element, and dark default color scheme. Weapons would be like Skiajati: simple and clean.

What a cool story and gameplay element for DE to have entirely abandoned for no reason. Oh well.

Based on Prime for sure, but not limited to it. I loved the idea of fighting side by side with Umbra and the sentient nature of him.

The hype it generated was a wasted oportunity imo, and is why I will never stop saying we need more.

Archived