Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 31.5: Angels of the Zariman

[DE]Megan

So... you guys wanted people to use operators more, so you made them slower, added a bunch of invisible cooldowns so they feel clunky as hell to use, made them less survivable by removing baselisk scales, and made transference static worse???

The change to transference static alone is enough to make me want to avoid using them all together. It's way too much.

Also despite the weakness to void damage the BS overguard supposedly has, normal weapons are far better at getting through it than amps are. If you want that to be a system where using your operator makes them easier to deal with by removing that layer of game ruining defense, at least make void damage insta-clear it instead of feeling like I'm trying to remove dry paint with a garden hose.

First, thank you for the update. I've never maxed and never fully enabled focus schools because of that passive drain. Now I finally can max out all schools and use all their abilities. And Madurai change from Void-idling to "press the button and dominate Hydrolist" also is great.

Second, other operator changes are a huge disappointment.

You write:
"Void Sling is the intended replacement of Void Dashes as a more fun and controllable system. ... Current Void Dash does not provide easily controlled movement in the typical gameplay spaces."

You wanted to add control, but did the opposite: now it feels like a clunky Void Dash with unpredictable direction and unpredictable 0.2-1-second ping delay.
Previously: you choose direction, press the button and BAM! You're where you wanted. Great control and very fun on that Kuva Fortress evacuation tile.
Now: you choose direction, press the button (usually forgetting that you should hold it), waaaait, waaaait, and travel somewhere, where you don't want to be anymore. No control of direction (when you're moving during that delay second), no control of travel start moment and no fun at all.

That void angel orbs, that seems existing solely for introducing Void Sling, perfectly show the clunkiness and stupidity of that delay between the button press and actual travel. Orbs travel a fair distance between the time when you chose direction and pressed Sling button and when you actually start travelling.
Moreover, you can't control when the actual travel starts. It's always a random moment for you. Previously we had similar issues with some charged-fire weapons. You changed same behavior from "shoot at random time" to "shoot on button up"

Third:
"Additionally, Operator Transference has been re-engineered to be Client-authoritative to alleviate the common scenario of latency. Previously, Transference was Host-authoritative, meaning when Clients used Transference the responsiveness was determined by the round trip network latency. In order for the new Void Sling functionality to be more responsive, the switch was made to be Client-authoritative."

And now I see green doors which I can't pass through every second mission as a client.
Previously, when Operator Transference was Host-authoritative and you bump in closed green door, you could switch to operator and were placed where the host thinks you are. Then go to that green door again and pass through normally.
Now you're out of options. You just stuck in the tile with all doors unpassable and can't progress mission further. The only option is abandoning mission.

To summarize the change: previously you had issues with the operator switch and ping delay. Now you can't finish every second mission as a client. I think it became worse.

Fourth:
"The Operator Gameplay and Focus School reworks aim ... the goal of encouraging players to swap more frequently between their Operator and Warframe"

And that's why you nerfed Void Dash, nerfed Operator survivability and added greater punishment for operator death? Good job, these changes will definitely encourage people to use Operator more.

Hi. DE. 

I'm one of those nerds who has been playing your game since Update 10. When you introduced Survival Missions as a concept. I'm not a founder or everything. But Warframe has been my most played game for 9 years now. I don't want to joke around or anything. I don't want to tell you how to do your jobs. I want to let you know how disappointed I am. 

I can understand Quality of Life updates, I remember seeing lots of those. I can understand a massive amount of things you have to do as a company, and I get that you put a lot into The New War update. I respect all of that, and I understand. It's ok. 

But this "Update"? Is not an update. This is a glorified tenno reinforcements package that came with a new tileset. Yes. One new tileset. 

When you made the syndicate system I thought "this is cool as long as an update isn't time gated by this!" 

And then you made Cetus... Cetus has lots of things to do in it. But the syndicate rep grind system was the worst factor of it. A "You aren't allowed to progress any more" system is frankly just terrible game design. But I forgave it and said little. I've never liked operators. But I could always ignore them, and I have. Easily. There is no need for the operators in your game, I refer to mine as "the little mechanic that is a void battery for my warframes" because the concept of what appears to be an 11 year old child pilotting weapons of mass destruction is vile to me. It's gross. I have blotted it from my mind as much as I possibly could. 

Then you made the Vallis. More Syndicate Gating. Deimos. More Syndicate Gating. Time and time again, you have forced into implementation one of the worst systems I've ever seen for a video game, and I can find no conceivable reason why. I have enough voidplumes to rank all the way through the entirety of the faction write now. But I log in, cash in some voidplumes, look around for anything else to do. And log out. There's no point in me playing your game further because you. won't. let. me. 

I'm very tired. DE. I am. I'm tired of liking your game. Because every time I get in the swing of things and start exploring some of the concepts I've blotted out, I've even started using the operator sometimes thanks to being able to use the drifter. You do something like this. Not only did you mess up the netcode and matchmaking. But random things like changing my arsenal or updating my glyph will just disconnect me from your server now. Every warframe I like is powerless against these new CC Immune enemies. My poor frost, my dear frost, has endured a Decade of nerf after nerf, invalidation after invalidation, nullifiers popping bubbles on touch, freezing update that makes my guns do less damage against enemies I use my abilities on, and now this. I can't even slow my enemies down as the rush to obliterate my frankly middling survivability. 

Do you think this is good challenge? Is it good that I stop playing my favorite warframe, a warframe I have used the most since I possibly could, I'm THE frost guy among my friends. I play frost because my aim sucks and I like protecting others. I now switch to Inaros. I am utterly immortal. It is nearly entirely infeasible that any enemy can put a scratch on me as I wade through them with a sword that does a million damage with every swing. 

You did not ADD challenge. DE. You removed creativity. When I see an Eximus, I don't rethink my tactics or search for an enemy affecting me in a way I don't like. I look in their general direction and press E. Either swinging a sword that could cleave the moon in two, or fire off a blast from my Redeemer Prime that could breach the hull of the zariman. 

These are not competent and effective enemies. They are a SPEED BUMP. A dps check that I can readily and easily pass by playing in the most boring way possible. 

I log on every day to fill up my standing in the now dozens of syndicates that exist in your game. I've already maxed almost all of them and don't really want anything else they're selling. But after I fix up this last syndicate, I don't see much reason to keep playing. 

For the first time in a decade, yes, I've never not played warframe between updates. I will probably just uninstall your game. 

It is hard for me to explain the despair this fills me with. I grew up with your game. I was 13 when I first saw mention of it. I love your game. I love it. More than I've loved almost anything else in my life. But now I'm being forced to see it. 

Warframe is a product. One that you no longer seem to care about innovating. 

The New War is something a lot of people like. I'm sorry, but I think its ok. I get that it took a lot of effort and stuff, but I'm just glad this saga of "THE LOTUS IS SUPER IMPORTAAAAANT" is over. I don't care any more. If I'd had the option, I would've executed her. She caused such damage to the system, the operator is so stupid for sacrificing everything for a "mother" that deceived them, tried to "protect" them from everything that made them who they were. It's honestly disgusting, and I ignored it for the most part because I hated the operators anyway. That was abuse, and the stupid child clinging to their old matronly symbol couldn't see it, and I never felt more alienated from a game, from a character, but I. Kept. Playing. Because I loved your game. 

And you all have done nothing but make it less fun. I had a friend who quit when you removed coptering, you remember? Jump across a map by manipulating how slide attacks function? I thought he was silly because it was just an exploit and I thought bullet jumping was ok. 

But I get it now, I was too young, but he saw it. You started removing features, dumbing things down, relying on gimmicks like void dashes, jetpacks, a giant robot, a hover board, a giant ship that I NEVER use because it is 1/100th the importance it could've been. 

I thought "its ok, they're just moving the game in different ways" but I really see it now. You have killed my sympathy from me. I no longer love your game. I barely like it. 

I'm alone because every person I cared to play with realized this game is a waste and moved on to different things, to better things. They have children now, they have families and happiness and careers. And I feel like a fool, because I got too attached to the game I played the most. Spent way too much money on it (Not a lot, mind you, but too much.) And what do I have to show for it? 

A degrading system that functions worse every time you change something.

Warframe after warframe with less innovative and functional abilities, (Caliban is garbage. Gyre is just fine at best.)

A dev team that thinks nerfing every warframe that doesn't rely on massive dps and damage reduction/survivability is a good idea. 

And operators, the least interesting part of the warframe universe, are more and more important. I knew this story 6 years ago. A colony ship lost in the void. Reappeared. Only children remained on it. The children were changed by the void, the warframes were built for them to empower. And here its reiterated with missing pieces. Where are the lower decks that were set ablaze? That'd break up the monotony. Why can't we investigate how the life support systems were sabotaged? Nope, have someone say they thought they were doing a good thing! Why. Why. Why?

Honestly. I don't know why I'm telling all this stuff. you won't read it. and other people here on the forums will pick on me for it. I guess it just felt wrong for me to cut this part of my life off of me without saying anything. Just disappearing in the night, leaving behind a companion that stuck with me through thick and thin. A universe I always felt in control of, where I could reach incredible heights, go fishing without all the baggage, chat with friends while doing an endless mission. They're all gone now. And I think the part I'm most terrified to admit, is that I'm not the one going. I'm mostly the same. You, DE, are going places where I do not wish to follow. I held on as long as I could, but its going to pull me apart, and I can't afford to choose you.

I don't see any mention of reworking the Transference Static mechanic. Currently, it feels like you use Operator to tank damage for your frame, when it should be the other way round. If anything, the Operator should be the main focus instead of the frame, if your frame gets killed you should get punted out of it as operator, and in quests the operator is able to deploy without a frame, but not in regular play? In addition, the removal of Blast and Dash kinda feels crappy, the abilities are nice but operator's base kit feels too weak now. Another thing, the ultimate/transcendence mechanic in between Second Dream and War Within felt like a perfect "oh crap" panic button, as well as the ultimate ability being a nice capstone to the frame's base kit and it seems like a whole lot of work went into those.

On 2022-04-27 at 10:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

FOCUS SCHOOL SYSTEM REWORK

if there is one thing that i like so far...its that i get focus when defeating the void creatures IN THE SCHOOL I HAVE ACTIVE. no need for lenses...just guaranteed focus on defeat of the enemy/objective. Lenses are such an annoying thing...especialyl to maximize focus gains you need to be running one on a frame and 1 on each weapon if in a group...if solo just one weapon and frame. then hope and prey you get a focus booster (somethign that SHOULD NOT even need to exist anyways...or just give a flat amount of focus on pickup...like 10k-20k.

Probably not even worth me saying anything, because they've made it clear time and time again that feedback goes totally unheard, unless there's a widespread community uproar. But I'll give some quick comments anyway just to add to the noise. Not worth going into detail about...

• Void Sling is bad. Void Dash was objectively superior in every way, and felt better to use. Evidently some people do prefer the new Void Sling. Make it a toggle option in the game control settings, like with the archwing control option.
  • With how vastly neutered Void Sling is, if you aren't going to revert it, then it should cost no energy to use. Bullet jumping doesn't cost any energy...
  • The Focus rework is largely positive for me, but has some negatives. It definitely feels like there are more viable Focus schools now for regular gameplay. The entire Madurai and Unairu trees are worth using. Zenurik has some very worthwhile things as well, but also some unimpressive nodes. Vazarin and Naramon both have a small number of good skills, and a lot of pointless skills. Please improve/rework the bad ones.
  • Improve the animations and effects for the new operator powers. They aren't very visually impactful. The operator just waves their hand and that's it. Guardian Shell is almost invisible. None of them feel particularly impressive.
  • I would like to see 3 and 4 abilities for operators. I would especially like to see the old powers (i.e. chest beam) from after The Second Dream. Those abilities truly felt like ultimates, like a "moment of power", where we were unleashing the full force of our Void Demons. Everything after The War Within, when you took these abilities away, has felt inferior and like the operators are just weak little ghost kiddies instead of powerhouse Void Demons.
  • Remove the Transference cooldown.
  • Fix or improve Transference Static.
  • Add some kind of transition effect when switching from operator to warframe via a melee attack. It feels weird just instantly turning into the warframe with no effect or animation whatsoever.

Some other things:

• Rework the Eximus rework. CC frames should be lifted up and made better in this game, not nerfed even more. You should be doing the opposite of what you're doing. These enemies should not be immune to CC, but rather they should be dangerous threats that make CC worth using. Just make them tanky and strong, that's all they need to be. If you really hate CC, then give them a resistance like Sentients have, and not a total immunity. Make CC effects deal damage to the Overguard bar.
  • You claimed in the OP that Cascadia Overcharge would be a warframe arcane, but after release it turns out to be a secondary arcane. What gives?

DE took away Void Blast. So how do we disarm Kuva Guardians? They seem to be recommending disarm via Void Sling, but the mechanics of that don't work very well when Magus Lockdown is equipped. So, is that really the best option?

On 2022-04-27 at 10:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

While only one faction will be aboard the Zariman at a time, you can expect to see even rotations of these factions every 2.5 hours as each one fights to claim their time aboard the fabled Zariman.

When are we going to see this in the Navigation UI under World cycles?  

On 2022-04-27 at 5:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Added a cap of 200 for Companion Imprints. Imprints can also be sold from Inventory for Credits. 

• The cap was added to prevent the game from crashing due to having a large amount of Imprints. If you have over 200 Imprints, you will be required to sell Imprints through your Inventory before creating new Imprints. 

I still have way over 300 imprints and browsing them daily without any crashes ever. What exactly do I have to do to crash the game with imprints, @[DE]Megan?

I haven't read 60 pages yet (It's size of short novel! Impressive) but for this:

On 2022-04-27 at 5:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed sprint (when toggle sprint is enabled) getting canceled after using the following Warframe abilities:

• Grendel’s Pulverize
  • Hildryn’s Aegis Storm
  • Hydroid’s Undertow
  • Inaros’s Sandstorm
  • Lavos’ Vial Rush
  • Ivara’s Prowl
  • Revenant’s Reave
  • Wisp’s Sol Gate
  • Yareli’s Merulina
  • Revenant’s Danse Macabre

+ Caliban's Razor Gyre & Zephyr's Hover (from https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1241822-abilities-that-toggle-off-sprint/ )I must say:

Thank you! My Vial rush Xaku, Grendel Ball mode & Zephyr can play more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived