Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 31.5: Angels of the Zariman

[DE]Megan

Longtime eidolon hunter, recently did duo 6x3 post-update. Meta shift is certain and most people have already voiced their concerns regarding the update, so I will reiterate some that deserve added emphasis, as well as point out certain aspects of hunting/open world content specifically impacted by this update:

1. Void sling feels awful to use. I've found it to offer more control in short bursts in midair for small tilesets, but in open world it is a very harsh downgrade and is to be avoided whenever possible, when the point of the update was to integrate operators into regular gameplay. Mostly a failure on that front.
  2. Unairu wisp does not spawn at all from eidolons. In the devstream, it was stated that eidolon hunting squads would have trouble finding where the wisps were spawning, but now they simply do not spawn off their primary source: eidolons. Likely unintended due to the ability also stripping armor fully, which historically (Unairu's Sundering Dash) has never worked on eidolons.
  3. Madurai tree's amp critical damage bonus buff does not refresh on further transference, rather retaining its original duration and expiring without matching the UI's buff duration. The buff will expire when the UI still says it is active, and the damage loss is immediately noticeable. This has since been fixed!
  4. Transference delay is awful. Clientside transference was supposed to make operator-frame gameplay more fluid, yet the hard cooldown has accomplished the exact opposite, just one of many contradictions regarding this update and the intended game direction stated.
  5. Going into archwing in the Plains will sometimes result in the animation playing, but the player being stuck in the warframe and unable to activate the archwing for approximately 4 seconds. In the pace of a fast eidolon hunt where you only have 17 seconds to get things done between limbs, this is a crippling bug on top of all the other nerfs to hunting speed.
  6. Propa scaffold used to have an (unintended?) interaction with Basilisk Gaze that increased its falloff range. Now that Basilisk Gaze is removed, the falloff is significantly harsher and it is nigh impossible to get the full damage when hitting eidolons. Figured it was worth mentioning as it was, intended or not, yet another nerf to eidolon hunting.
  7. Madurai's passive casting speed for frames is nice, give it to the operator as well. Not a single player enjoys being animation locked by the new operator skills, and operator survivability was already nerfed by the removal of unairu waybound's armor. You can cast the skills safely while in void mode, but the animation is still slow.

God knows I don't expect DE to read or reply to any of the comments in this thread, but I hope someone will at least consider the bugs I've listed to be worth fixing. Pushing out a large update like this with so many obvious bugs just feels like a slap in the face on top of the nerfs.

Void Sling is garbage. Turned out to be even worse than expected. Initially I thought (since DE claimed they are changing dash to sling 'for better handling') that you'll get a small frame - 3 seconds sound good enough - where the gravity doesn't work after using sling if you are still holding down CTRL, so that you can easily aim another sling mid-air. But no, instead you have very weak reduction in gravity and only when you aim another sling. Instead of being slightly worse than dash it became way, way worse.

Focus trees rework should get a proper closer inspection, but from the glimpse of it, Zenurik's passive is a complete crap now, while Unairu seems to be the new BiS. 

New materials look cool... they would've should they not be tied to new skins. I'm not even mentioning the possibility of using them on other skins (which would've been logical), what am I supposed to do with attachments and syandanas paired with a fancy new void-plated skin? 

New Eximus units (at least Grineer ones) are now immune to Rest & Rage, Lull and Quiver. Thanks for yet another Stealth Exp farm nerf. How thoughtful of you.

#thanksDE

I would suggest to call 'void sling' henceforth 'void slug' as a fellow tenno suggested earlier in this thread :-)

It really feels like the trainee was without supervision for some time and had some wonderfull new animations he wanted to place somewhere in the game.

Honestly: Everything is said by others allready about voild slug, the slow transferance animation or cooldown, the removal of the operators armor (I wonder how Eidolon hunts are now) and the replacement of energizing dash. I only post this here to show DE how another tenno feels about those changes (if anyone at all reads this).

After some fist tests yesterday, I re-read/viewed the descriptions and videos (to clarify if i understood correctly), then retried again those things in some runs and ended my game somehow frustrated. And today when I saw an update I honestly only hoped for the removal of those changes.

Operator/Focus rework is terrible, you literally did the opposite of your stated goals. The Operator is slower, clunkier, less useful, less fluid, dies easier.

Eximus rework is terrible, you literally did the opposite of your stated goals. AoE room-deletion is still king, the strongest frames that don't rely on CC to survive got even stronger, while squishy frames that needed to use CC to live have essentially been removed from the game. Also they're hellish for new players to deal with from what I've heard.

On a final note, Dormizone is dead on arrival: a player "housing" that you can't spawn into, has no workstations, or any other functionality beyond another place to put decorations.

Genuinely, what IS this update? What were you thinking?

Void Sling is extremely slow and clunky.  Please, let us switch between Void Dash and Void Sling, or at least make it so that Void Sling is activated when you charge the ability and leave Void Dash as the default.  I thought this update was supposed to integrate the Operator more but all it's done is make me want to use it less.  

I had fully maxed out Vazarin and Zenurik focus schools before the update, and I couldn't max them out again with this new update.  Now my operator is suffering from the missing waybounds.  Weren't we supposed to get all our focus points back?  Or is everything more expensive now, forcing us to refarm focus anyway just to unlock everything again?  To make matters worse, I'd assumed that I'd be able to max out those two schools again, so I used the Eidolon shards we got on the other schools.  

Mirage's Explosive Legerdemain seems to have been nerfed with this update.  I was struggling to keep up my kill count in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught when it used to be so much easier.  RIP affinity farm, I guess.  I'm dreading finding out how my main, Frost, has been nerfed, too.  

I'm not sure what the point of the Dormizone is.  I thought it'd be a new hub like Cetus, Deimos and Fortuna, but it's just for a squad?  And you can't spawn into it?  AND you have to re-buy all your decorations?  

I've been playing since 2017 and this is the first time I find myself asking: what IS this update?  

On 2022-04-27 at 8:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Transference Static (dying while the Operator) has been reworked as well. The Transference Static when dying as the Operator now has increasing consequences. A majority of the Focus Rework is to bring synergy between Operator and Warframe that ideally allows for less Transference Static overall. The consequences are as follows:

• First Operator death - 20% Warframe Health reduction
  • Second Operator death - 50% Warframe Health reduction
  • Third Operator death - 80% Warframe Health reduction
  • Fourth Operator death - straight into Warframe pre-death state

On 2022-04-27 at 8:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Tweaked Mending Soul:

• The first 4 Revives are instantaneous. Additional Revives are 100% faster.
    • Why: Players would often remark that the ability eventually became useless in longer missions. Mending Soul retains its immediate strengths, but once used up, now offers a more permanent benefit! 

While these two things are not directly related to the same thing I still think they are similar enough to say this:

I think they contradict each other, the first says that you are only allowed four tries that's it and the second one says that you are allowed four tries with some functionally afterwards which got changed from to only allowing four tries.

11 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

While these two things are not directly related to the same thing I still think they are similar enough to say this:

I think they contradict each other, the first says that you are only allowed four tries that's it and the second one says that you are allowed four tries with some functionally afterwards which got changed from to only allowing four tries.

Transference Static was always applied upon operator death, adding a stack to the debuff on your Warframe and lowering your maximum health for a time - it was always independent of focus school choice. Now, it only stacks 3x and the fourth operator death places your warframe immediately into whatever state they would be on losing all their health (normally bleedout, into revival passive if the Warframe has one).

Mending Soul is specifically a node on the Vazarin tree that makes reviving anything in a bleedout state either instantaneous or faster (referring to the new function after the first four revives are used up).

I don't see how they contradict at all, as they refer to different states. Neither of them change how many base revives you get for your frame (which is 4, up to 6 with maxed arcanes equipped) and only Mending Soul is even related to that number because those charges can also be consumed if you have 1-4 of them, are in bleedout and someone else revives you. Transference Static just makes going from alive to dead as the Warframe faster.

12 hours ago, ngrazer said:

Void Sling is garbage. Turned out to be even worse than expected. Initially I thought (since DE claimed they are changing dash to sling 'for better handling') that you'll get a small frame - 3 seconds sound good enough - where the gravity doesn't work after using sling if you are still holding down CTRL, so that you can easily aim another sling mid-air. But no, instead you have very weak reduction in gravity and only when you aim another sling. Instead of being slightly worse than dash it became way, way worse.

I haven't played around with it too much but generally I agree with what you're saying here.

I feel like Void Sling was over hyped and under delivered. It really does feel like a step down compared to void dash mostly because Warframe is a fast game. I'm not sure DE remember what Warframe is, anymore... Eximus changes and void sling both seem designed to slow gameplay down rather than increase difficulty.

I'm not sure how many times the fanbase needs to mention the broken AF AOE meta...

Really like the eximus changes minus the Overguard. Bullet sponge and CC immunity just feels lazy in comparison to all of the well thought-out updates to the eximus abilities/auras.

Maybe trade the CC immunity for CC diminishing returns? I'd be OK with my Nyx only being able to apply Chaos to an Eximus for 20% of the normal duration and create a sense of urgency to kill them before they wake up.

I'd really love to see the new operator abilities have a stronger impact on Overguard. Stripping the Overguard entirely with a Void Sling or 2nd ability would be a huge improvement over the current "do lots of damage" solution to Overguard. Maybe applying a debuff to the Overguard with amps that increases all damage taken by a significant amount? The current void damage vulnerability is not enough to make amps matter, and not relevant to the majority of weapons and frames in the game.

Is there any benefit to Void Sling over Void Dash beyond aesthetics? I'm genuinely having a hard time finding one. Why would anyone want a charge up timer and reduced speed on a movement skill? Don't get me wrong, I love the look of it, but aesthetics don't make the game feel better to play.

Overall, it seems to have good intentions, which is a always nice to see. Just rework the CC immunity and make Overguard an intelligent mechanic instead of Rhino armor, and I'll be thrilled.

To be honest i absolutely HATE void sling and operator abilities which are now activated by casting it. Casting these abilities takes ages and dashing also takes ages. It is PAIN. I want back energizing dash which was activated by dashing with void dash it was easy and fast to activate.

TLDR:
DE please for the love of god bring back void dash and abilities being cast with dashing or make it customisable. Sling and abilities now are PAIN. Slow and unresponsive. Yeah and i also can't dash back with void sling. If it would be customisable then everybody could choose way THEY want to play.

On 2022-04-28 at 1:20 AM, Destoro said:

"These Voidshell Material Structures can only be used on the specialized Voidshell cosmetics. Tenno will not be able to use these materials on other Skins they own. "

I really hope this gets expanded on in the future and isnt just locked to these skins, because currently it actually does suck

100% this.

We were under the impression that we would be able to manipulate the materials on ALL skins, base, prime or deluxe alike. That they're currently limited to the voidshell skins is really frustrating, all the more because the voidshell skins are, frankly, a waste of platinum. This particular aspect of the update absolutely sucks - the materials should be universal and that's that.

As for the focus rework... Void-sling is a straight downgrade from the void-dash, and frankly I want it back. It's clunky, irritating to use and all-around mediocre. So far from what I can see the previous focus generation was far superior in just about every way possible.

Wasted opportunity you released amazing quest and now you introduced new game modes weapons and factions ,but you failed to fix the problems that you guys have created in the last 3 years and without addressing this issues every one will be gone within a week or two.

Immortality needs to be removed shield gate + rolling guard now renamed protective sling and new arcane that prevents you from dying on top of frames that are already permanently immune to damage, I would love to know who in their right mind thinks that god mode is ok in games.

Restore Self damage this will instantly end AOE meta because most players right now just shoot at their feet and that's how the game is played. But you will need to reduce kills required to sustain life support in steel path survivals from ridiculous 6300 per hour in the void because other types of weapons will never be able to keep up.

Corrosive needs to be fixed or restored for some reason you guys at DE will not allow for corrosive to remove 100% of armour with dozens or hundreds of hits in high levels but you allow for instantaneous armour removal in large AOE with abilities it's like no one at DE realize what this does to the difficulty it turns all enemies in to paper regardless of the level.

This will enable allot more weapons to be viable without feeling cheap and allot more weapons will be usable for armour stripping and if status nerfs to shotguns are reversed we are talking about allot more weapons.

This post would be several pages long if I wanted to list everything that got broken in the last 3 years so let's cut it short.

Until you fix this problems players will blaze through every thing you add in too the game in no time, and old players will be too bored to stick for longer once they finish any story quest you add because game play is too boring and too easy.

I fail to understand the logic behind the way you implemented voidshell :

-Why would I buy textures I can only use on 3 measly frames (and only on a lazy retexturing of their base skin at that)?

-Why should I buy said lazy retexturing of base skins just to access the new system?

The new system should have been accessible to every single modifiable piece of gear in the game, and no amount of technical BS you'll spout will hide the greediness and laziness of the process. You're just trying to have it both ways. I'll pass.

Archived