The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angels of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.5.5

[DE]Megan

Please add an option to hire a female Red Veil Crew Member via Ticker/Fortuna. In all these years I've never seen one out there, but you can see them during the syndicate missions.

12 minutes ago, Trvldl said:

Void sling is slower than unmodded parkour and ruins warframe to operator flow, transference back feels like old one at high latency and ruins operator to warframe flow, magus cloud is broken, client abilities break constantly like in good old times, zariman extraction breaks in 2 different ways, bounties don't give rotation rewards despite showing them in mission.

Loot frames doing their job? Fixed.

Don't forget missing rotation rewards for multiple days now. They definitely don't want this content to dry out so they are fixing less player painful issues and just doing more stuff to prolong this damn patch. I am really getting irritated and I've been playing this game since 2014. My buttons have not been pushed like this in warframe. 

il y a 10 minutes, Bad_Head a dit :

Because that wording seems a bit too Karen-y for me.

I’d be glad if they just added another texture to the big pack that was able to become vantablack, and just gave it to everyone that already bought the pack, that would be great.

I get that. Just that implementing a bug as a feature you should pay for seems a bit too much for me on the other side. If they did it without the bug prior to it, I would never asked it for free.

Still, I guess that this solution would be ok too, and better than nothing.

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Angels of the Zariman: Hotfix 31.5.5

We’re back with our second Hotfix of the week as the team progresses through reports. Additionally, we’re working towards addressing some bigger feedback areas with our week's worth of findings - more info to share soon.

Angels of the Zariman Quest Changes & Fixes: 

• Adjusted the Void Cascade mission objectives to start when players kill the first Thrax occupying an Exolizer. 

• Added objective kill marker, tutorial text popup, and transmissions to better explain mission objectives in Void Cascade.  

• Specifically “Kill the Thrax”. 

• The tutorial message about depositing Vitoplast will now appear much sooner after the first Void Rupture becomes active in the Void Flood mission.  

• The following Void Cascade conditions are now the only ones that will occur in the quest mission:

• Shield Drain 

• Enemies have added Heat damage

• Boarding squad

• Improved mission flow in the Void Cascade mission. 

• Reduced enemy counts for the first two Void Ruptures in the Void Flood mission. It will now ramp up slowly over time and Eximus units will only spawn after the first Void Rupture has been closed. 

• Fixed missing transmissions for when an Exolizer spawns in Void Cascade mission. 

• Fixed the objective marker in the Void Flood mission appearing during intro transmission. 

• It will now appear after this key transmission has finished playing.

• Fixed being able to bypass pop-up messages introduced in Hotfix 31.5.5 by starting the Angels of the Zariman quest from Navigation. 

Zariman Mission Changes & Fixes: 

• Void Flood Fixes: 

• The optional Extraction marker now displays for less time at each rotation. 

• Fixed “Return to the Chrysalith” message lingering on screen indefinitely after the mission ends. 

• Fixed objective A not appearing until the intro transmissions have finished.

• This also fixes the objective popping in at an empty location with a marker and causing an awkward pause in gameplay. 

• Fixed extraction transmission playing after the next Round’s A marker appears in Void Flood missions.

• This should help some confusion on extraction availability before the next Round begins on longer endless runs. 

• Void Cascade Fixes:

• Fixed Exolizer progression marker lingering with full bar after it disappears in Void Cascade missions. 

• Fixes towards enemies not spawning properly if you Host migrate before fully connecting/loading into Zariman missions from the Chrysalith (and all other open landscapes). 

• Fixed Zariman missions (including Bounties) at times auto-completing and on consecutive runs. 

• Fixed Thrax enemies being able to activate any interactables in Zariman missions, which would disable them for players. 

• Fixed crash related to Thrax Centurions. 

• Fixed script error with Void Manifestation ground spike ability. 

• More fixes towards script errors related to Thrax enemy spawns. 

• Fixed a script error with the inactive Void Manifestations spawns.

• Fixed a script error in Void Armageddon missions. 

Changes: 

• Added a daily refresh indicator to Syndicate screens (anywhere where there is an ‘X remaining’ indicator).
    https://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/uploads/63367535bd161aaffe892294ecb987ea.jpg

• Added ‘None’ icon to all of the None options in the Operator UI lists in the Orbiter. 

• Entrati Syndicate rank up dialogue has been reassigned to the ‘Speech Volume’ slider in the Audio options. 

• This also fixes their dialogue being muted if players had the ‘Transmission Slider’ turned down. 

Fixes: 

• Fixes towards being unable to matchmake with other players in any open landscape mission (Bounties included). 

• Fixed being unable to individually extract from endless missions (excluding the new Zariman mission types, stay tuned for possible add!). 

• Fixed case where Focus points were being consumed to purchase Teshin’s 10,000 x Kuva Steel Path Honors. 

• This also prevented you from making the purchase if you didn’t have the right kind of Focus points. A script will be run to refund Focus points for anyone who purchased Kuva from Teshin between the launch of the Angels of the Zariman update and this hotfix. 

• Fixed the Plexus opened from the Orbiter not maintaining the mod equipped in the 8th slot after closing and re-opening screen. 

• Fixed players being unable to change their highlighted ability while sprinting as Operator while using controller. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1306330-can%E2%80%99t-highlight-back-fourth-abilites-while-running-n-operator-form/

• Fixed Synth Charge’s effects applying to the Laetum’s Incarnon Transmutation by 200% for the full duration if you transmute it with only one bullet left in the magazine. 

• Fixed Energy Leech Eximus hazard FX and sound not working properly for Clients. 

• Fixed being unable to trigger Transmutation on Incarnon weapons with alt-fire/heavy attack after Host migration. 

• Fixed dying before cinematic in final stages of The New War quest causing you to be unable to proceed. 

• This also fixes being able to receive damage if you happen to be playing as Operator when that cinematic starts, which would ultimately break the cinematic.

• Fixed holding Garuda’s Dread Mirror to charge the damage of her blood ball consuming Energy, but not increasing damage.

• Fixed Gyre Rotorswell lightning strike cooldown being permanently decreased in certain cases when the electric arcs chain to other enemies.

• This potentially also fixes Cathode Grace randomly disabling itself - please let us know if this issue continues post-Hotfix. 

• Fixed Range Advantage’s buff only applying when enemies are within 15 meters instead of 10 meters and only increases damage by 250% instead of 300% (at max Rank) as intended. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1305004-range-advantage-mod-requires-higher-enemy-distance-than-listed/?ct=1651152297

• Fixed the Sevagoth’s Shadow Skin and Helmet stating in its description that it “is a cosmetic for an item which you do not own” when you do in-fact own it.

• Fixed the Credits looted HUD tracker not updating while playing as Operator in Orb Vallis Assassinate Bounties. 

• It used to only add the Credits collected once you transferred back to your Warframe, but it will now take into account the Credits picked up as Operator. 

• Fixed the Derivator Crewman’s backpack not vanishing on death. 

• Fixed Atlas’ Path of Statues Augment trail FX not being visible.

• Fixed lingering mentions of ‘Void Dash’ to the new ‘Void Sling’. 

• Fixed crash related to Thrall spawning into a mission. 

• Fixing audio ducking while aiming with a Fishing Spear if you melee in between aiming. 

• Fixed script error with Assassinate Bounties in the Orb Vallis. 

• Fixed script error related to the Gas City tileset lab puzzles.

• Fixed script error related to the Kavat Tek Mod set bonus effects.

Please for the love of all that you guys consider sacred... Bring back void dash and blast... Literally nobody asked for the changes made... It was good the way it was... Wanna change focus and operator skills? ok cools... Don't need to changed the whole move system... That delay between transfer is also so freaking annoying. 

2 minutes ago, CephQuerneu said:

Please for the love of all that you guys consider sacred... Bring back void dash and blast... Literally nobody asked for the changes made... It was good the way it was... Wanna change focus and operator skills? ok cools... Don't need to changed the whole move system... That delay between transfer is also so freaking annoying. 

They'd probably have to get the old focus and stats back. Which imo is not worth the revert. Besides, sling's not that bad at all, and the transferrance cooldown is most likely due to the old "moonwalk" bug.

3 minutes ago, TheRoyalBrook said:

They'd probably have to get the old focus and stats back. Which imo is not worth the revert. Besides, sling's not that bad at all, and the transferrance cooldown is most likely due to the old "moonwalk" bug.

They don't need to revert, just need both allowed at the same time on different inputs, a key combo or whatever. Sling is awful and doesn't just prevents you from traveling in short bursts but also breaks the timing on quick situational dashes for lockdown and vazarin heal as en example. These effects are already too short to spend so long on charging dash and waiting for that transference cooldown, could be shooting guns and using abilities with warframe on the move, which operator can not do.

And I do get moonwalk bug just fine anyway, usually is fixed by void mode.

Fingers crossed that y'all will able to pin down whatever is happening with the elevator extractions, but in the meantime, ty for all the great fixes!

Also, for the folks still asking for a void dash revert bc "no one asked for this", you're obviously allowed not to like void sling and to say so, but those of us who disliked void dash before have existed this whole time. XD

5 minutes ago, Trvldl said:

They don't need to revert, just need both allowed at the same time on different inputs, a key combo or whatever. Sling is awful and doesn't just prevents you from traveling in short bursts but also breaks the timing on quick situational dashes for lockdown and vazarin heal as en example. These effects are already too short to spend so long on charging dash and waiting for that transference cooldown, could be shooting guns and using abilities with warframe on the move, which operator can not do.

And I do get moonwalk bug just fine anyway, usually is fixed by void mode.

Programming work is far more complex than just "change x value and now we have void dash." in order to work it with current operator/drifter as well as focus, it'd either probably need some really heavy changes and a lot of dev time, or a full revert to pre aotz operator/drifter and then remake all the new focus stuff from scratch. Also the moonwalk bug is when you're in your warframe, keeps you from being able to use any abilities or attack or even crouch.

6 minutes ago, Deekkru said:

Fingers crossed that y'all will able to pin down whatever is happening with the elevator extractions, but in the meantime, ty for all the great fixes!

Also, for the folks still asking for a void dash revert bc "no one asked for this", you're obviously allowed not to like void sling and to say so, but those of us who disliked void dash before have existed this whole time. XD

yeah pretty much that. I used it, but only when solo, wasn't reliable enough to use in pubs, and in cramped corridors without serious practice you'd slam walls, honestly very few people used it as a frequent form of movement. For me it was usually just a lockdown proc

7 minutes ago, CephQuerneu said:

I keep seeing all these posts going "literally nobody asked for this", but a lot of people did; I've been wanting changes to operator's blast and dash for years now, because they felt so annoying to use and specific to one ability in the focus tree or meta. Operator felt like a movement and utility gimmick, with niche uses otherwise for things like kuva siphons or specific enemies or missions (most people probably used it for eidolon hunts in terms of content, especially compared to ropa fight and orphix).

While I would not call this change perfect (they could speed up the sling animations a bit or give QoL to those who want to use the full dash length immediately without waiting, as well as make void mode be a little more "floaty" IMO since you drop like a rock), it's nice to be able to have more dynamic movement options and not constantly slam into terrain on close-quarters tilesets or have jarring movement dashes not affected by momentum. I don't think they'd waste weeks of development cycles on something that "nobody asked for" unless there was a demand for it and their internal statistics showed it necessitated work as well.

I will agree the transfer delay to operator is a bit longer than I'm used to (it was likely near instant when it was host-related to account for any latency between clients and hosts) and I wouldn't mind seeing it shortened, but it's also not so crippling to affect my gameplay significantly either so I'm rather indifferent.

These changes are iterative, and feedback will affect them; however, they're not going to scrap an entire system they just worked on for weeks without good reason, especially if it improves things for a lot of players in different game aspects. I think keeping that perspective in mind is important when discussing changes that the community wants, so expectations aren't unrealistic.

Still need Mastery Rank 28 test to be looked into, with all the overpowered Eximus appearing in that test you do not have the time to kill the necessary 60 enemies with only 7 canisters at 15 second intervals.  I  have tried tanky frames which even die fast due to the overload of Eximus AoE whether its life steal, energy drain, electric toxin or what have you hitting you all at once is just plain rediculous.  CC frames are even a no-go since they are immune to ANY AND ALL CC.  I thought Eximus units were random rare type enemies that appeared like one in 20 enemies, not huge packs of them all at once even in the normal tile sets. Well at least Noras missions to kill X amount of eximus can be almost completed in one mission with the way you have this set up.  Oh and dont forget the syndicate hit squads doing the same as well by overloading you with all the elemental debuffs.  And as far as i know Ivara's or Loki's stealth SHOULD NOT be seen by any elite unit  whether its a hit squad or whatever,  i have seen this happen too many times when i am running a mission and the desired syndicate decides to kill me and when they spawn they head straight for me even stealthed and attack as if i am not even invisible. 

So, is it actually possible to play Void Floods with other people without losing rewards? 'Cause this definitely wasn't working properly when I tried it just before the hotfix. Pretty disappointing that in addition to all the terrible gameplay changes, the update is riddled with serious bugs.

2 minutes ago, TheRoyalBrook said:

Programming work is far more complex than just "change x value and now we have void dash." in order to work it with current operator/drifter as well as focus, it'd either probably need some really heavy changes and a lot of dev time, or a full revert to pre aotz operator/drifter and then remake all the new focus stuff from scratch. Also the moonwalk bug is when you're in your warframe, keeps you from being able to use any abilities or attack or even crouch.

First of all I know what moonwalk bug is, been there. I've gotten moonwalk animation with operator in this update that broke some actions, and full ability disable with both frame and operator as a separate bug. Both are related to operator to frame transition and maybe knockdowns/staggers, the added delay didn't make it go away.

As for "change x value", if they can't add an option for instant sling that just repositions your operator like dash and just doesn't work with sling specific abilities then it's not a programming issue but a them issue, be it priorities, sleek code design or Steve's vision.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Megan:
  • Fixed players being unable to change their highlighted ability while sprinting as Operator while using controller.

only real fix for operator is to set them back in usable status as they were before this ... "update"!

Archived