Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hespar Feedback

roors99

Heavy Scythes have a followthrough of 0.4, which is the lowest in the game shared with Hammers.

However, compared to Hammers, Heavy Scythes differ by having large cutting blades to help slice through things.

A followthrough stat this low means that the wide, sweeping attacks of the Hespar don't do greatly against multiple targets, but the Galeforce Dawn stance doesn't offer great single target damage either.

Therefore, I propose buffing the followthrough of the Hespar to be 0.6 or 0.7.

On 2022-05-14 at 7:48 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

It's alright...the cool factor outshines the weaknesses.

I agree with this.

Having said that, I feel we're at a time when some weapons should be dealing innate void damage. Hespar makes sense IMO. I mean it is literally the weapon of enemies using void energy so why can it not deal a little void damage? It would offset some of the negatives about the weapon. Hespar is currently one of those "more trouble than it is worth" considering it is literally an endgame weapon with mid-game stats.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I agree with this.

Having said that, I feel we're at a time when some weapons should be dealing innate void damage. Hespar makes sense IMO. I mean it is literally the weapon of enemies using void energy so why can it not deal a little void damage? It would offset some of the negatives about the weapon. Hespar is currently one of those "more trouble than it is worth" considering it is literally an endgame weapon with mid-game stats.

Would this work on Eidolon shields, ghosted voms, and ghosted Thraxes?  Or would it be the "Diet Void Damage" that Xata's Whisper provides?

14 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Would this work on Eidolon shields, ghosted voms, and ghosted Thraxes?  Or would it be the "Diet Void Damage" that Xata's Whisper provides?

Definitely the "diet void damage"

DE have already made it clear that "void damage" isn't really the thing that breaks eidolon shields. They should realistically just say the shields are vulnerable to amp damage.

Realistically the Hespar is worse than Reaper prime even factoring in normal scythe stances, which I dislike, a lot.

I'm not saying we need more power creep but some parity would be nice. Rather than a cool looking, low drop chance overall weakish weapon. 

On 2022-05-14 at 4:48 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

It's alright...the cool factor outshines the weaknesses.

It has some forward momentum from standing combo. At least what I can see. Cool factor cannot outshine it too much.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Having Void status could be detrimental for some people.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

Having Void status could be detrimental for some people.

Is this really an issue though?

If the status isn't wanted then the weapon wouldn't have to be used....

I don't necessarily want cold damage so I don't need to use Sibear. AOE weapons without primed sure footed can be annoying due to stagger so I might want to use something else.

Just now, Leqesai said:

Is this really an issue though?

If the status isn't wanted then the weapon wouldn't have to be used....

I don't necessarily want cold damage so I don't need to use Sibear. AOE weapons without primed sure footed can be annoying due to stagger so I might want to use something else.

Yes it's issue. Not everyone likes Void proc (Xaku's time).

Not using is not solution.

With Sibear you can combine cold into other elements. With Void you just cannot do it. It will proc, sometimes more than neccessary. Or you are using void where teammate want to headshot someone.

3 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yes it's issue. Not everyone likes Void proc (Xaku's time).

Not using is not solution.

With Sibear you can combine cold into other elements. With Void you just cannot do it. It will proc, sometimes more than neccessary. Or you are using void where teammate want to headshot someone.

I think I understand what you're saying here but I don't agree that it is an issue. There are a myriad reasons people might not want people to use X or Y but that doesn't mean X or Y shouldn't be options. I mean, Limbo exists even though a lot of people hate playing with him. He still has a place in the game.

47 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

He still has a place in the game.

Mainly Solo or pre-made group. It doesn't mean it's useful but it's created for less people.

And we have Xata's whisper for Void lovers.  I would like to see it as option in incarnon evolution (do you want void status: yes [] no []).

I love the weapon moveset, It's fantastic... but the weapon (stance) is insanely weak. Have to have an arcane strike (so I can drop attack speed mods on the Hespar for more damage) saryn buffing build with her 1 augment to keep up in steel path, which is completely unacceptable for a weapon that's only available in the latest content and requiring a (for weapons standards) extremely high Mastery Rank requirements. Two massive buffs from a frame with a minmaxed build and it falls behind HEAVILY to any other weapon.

It won't change with a new Heavy Scythe, the stance needs buffed not the Hespar.

that doesn't help at all! because anyone who can unlock something like that has a new mele weapon with passive stats and 11-12 combo points in the background.
so... it has to offer a lot more. Because what's the point of kronen prime if I always have new mele with 250-280% crit and it also does slash.

and hespar doesn't keep up here. and is supposed to be harder to get?

ah yes,
big blade? check
using two hands two swing it? check
Its the size of a warframe? check
made of solid steel (or something?) check.. maybe?

surely.. it should cut through enemies!

0.4 follow through                                                                 the two handed ghoul saw with a giant metal blade laughing in the distance with 1.0 follow through

"hmm... we need a good stance. it has low follow through.. hmmmmm. aha! a stance with sweeping attacks designed for a weapon to clear mobs!"
on the hespar with 0.4 follow through

I love the look of this scythe but now I look at it and feel a well of despair at how oddly it was designed stats/stance wise

My only gripe with this weapon is its slide melee.

You'll think it do like a spinning double slash or something buts its the heavy blade swing, and the funny thing is, the bottom of the scythe clips into the warframe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived