Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

[DE]Zach

On 2022-06-16 at 11:22 AM, Tiltskillet said:

What?  By my calculations, this NW series should go on for at least another four months.  :P

Please look into sending out an in-game email reminder the week before, and changing the NW console message that says "Weekly refreshes in X days" to "Nightwave ends in X days" on the final week.   Thank you.

I'm embarrassed to say I missed the end of this one for the first time. On Saturday I saw that the daily still had 2d+ left in it and I didn't see any notice in the app so I thought I was off on when it ended.  I should have done more digging to confirm the date but that wasn't an issue in past NW endings.

I always stock up on Nitain and potatoes before these end. 3.8M credits is nice but not needed for me.

Yep, this is nonsense. I check the News console religiously and it never appeared there for me once. The end of an event like Nightwave should be plastered everywhere. Yes, it should be in the forums, but also in the Nightwave interface itself, in-game mail as well as places like the Steam News feed.

Was entirely caught out by this and I have almost 300 creds that are just unusable now. It's always seemed ridiculous every time the end of a Nightwave comes around that at least the Nightwave cred store is not left up and available to spend creds until a new Nightwave comes around.

3 hours ago, Dark_Lugia said:

It's been in the news tab, but only for the final 24hrs.
Otherwise you would have needed to switch to the community tab (and I don't think anyone is checking that tab regularly)
unknown.png

It should have been like this way earlier:
unknown.png

And maybe an inbox message as soon as they annonce it. So starting the game will automatically redirect you there.
I mean, we get so many unnecessary messages... a useful one certainly won't bother us.

I posted what I saw (no edit cut and paste). Since the lesson learned from previous Nora's Choice, I have a habit every time when I login will take a peek at the NEWS board. BTW, if I have recalled correctly during Nora's Choice time inside Norawave screen in the right corner there are words of reminder that Nora's Choice ends date. This time round no. Beside in your screen there is a reminder in NEWS ( i hope is from PC ) then it is weird how come yours and mine are different? Secondly make no sense to me why only for the final 24hrs before hurry erase off ? should have a grace period 1 or 2 days for the rookie players to know what is going on and what to do with the remain creds. Some of you may argue Dev. have posted in forum the Nora's Mix Vol.1 Ends date. Frankly speaking how many of us have visit forum announcement regularly? People like me visit forum only when game have bugs come in to check what is going on. NO COMPLAINT or any anger mood, to me is a very small matter and move on. Early on posted just for hoping game can be improve. Years of playing online games this kind of thing happened are common to me. Cheers! 😀

On 2022-07-10 at 6:49 PM, Tiltskillet said:

There was a flashing "Nightwave ending" message on that panel.  I'm not sure whether it reflected it ending at 7pm ET though.

They certainly could and should do a little more.

It most certainly did not on PSN; I play on a PS5 not that it should make a difference. I check it often for when primes are going away. So, either my game is bugged or it wasn't broadcasted on all platforms. Both equally likely possibilities.

35 minutes ago, Schwitzer said:

This is the first time, ever, that I've been caught off-guard by a Nightwave ending. It sounds like I'm far from alone on this.

Yeah... 190 nightwave credits just went POOF for me. So weird, I didn't even notice until I went to the NW console in orbiter and realize it wasn't working. I thought it was bugged at first. Haha ugh

I lost 760 credits and was very surprised NW ended.  I always read the News tab, but rarely switch to the Community tab.  I last logged in on Fri, so I didn't see the 24 hr countdown.  So disappointed.  DE should consider having a grace period to spend existing credits, after the event ends and you stop earning them.

From what I've seen in this thread, it seems like English on PC didn't have it advertised in 'News' - it was instead hidden away in 'Community' (which no-one looks at). By contrast, it sounds like console players did in fact get the message in 'News'.

This would explain how I missed it, despite regularly checking the 'News' console.

thanks for the heads up de.....i check the news screen all the time...and i never saw anything about it. almost 700 creds down the toilet cuz you cant send an in game email?

we get spam emails with useless info all the time but you cant send one out for this??? you can manage to tell us all about baro every 2 weeks in an in game email....but noras too hard to do it for? pretty poor form de...pretty poor indeed. sometimes i feel like you just hate your players.

8 hours ago, OtherSelfOW said:

7 pages of complains and still no answer from devs. Noice.

Consider 6 days of Event Affinity Booster gave to you as a compensate for your lose. This is what normally online games will do. COMPENSATE. 😀

AB.jpg

12 minutes ago, Inphyy99 said:

Consider 6 days of Event Affinity Booster gave to you as a compensate for your lose. This is what normally online games will do. COMPENSATE. 😀

AB.jpg

You'll find it's for an event the Countdown to TennoCon 2022 Alerts so it's not really compensation for lost creds because of a blunder by DE, R.I.P my 1160 creds.

p.s I saw it in the Community tab in my ship. :tongue:

38 minutes ago, Inphyy99 said:

Why would I regard an unrelated offering as compensation? Incidentally, they blundered their pre-Tennocon booster promo as well. 

I missed it to:
The news section is a wall of text with 99% of things I don't care about.
I don't look at the social media outside of dev streams.
I wasn't checking the forums at the time because I only check for new dev posts for patches.  Not the pins.

Since I just login to do sortie and NW and was distracted by RL these past weeks, I missed it.  Luckily because of that activity level, I don't care, but that's not good for DE.

There needs to be a timely notice that actually serves notice.  Anything out of game isn't sufficient.  One month is too early.  One post on what is effectively a RSS feed is too subtle. 
Needs to be an IG mail to interrupt the flow or *GASP* a TTL timer on the NW or Store interface itself that isn't normally there.
Why the store can't be open during this lull period?  Technical laziness?

With Tennocon on the doorstep, maybe DE should at least react to this NW ending f*ck-up. In order to remove it from the agenda (so to speak).

Currently there are lots of sore players that have lost out due to no fault of their own (despite the occasional troll claiming otherwise), and with no clue as to if that will be "fixed" in some way, or if it will be left as it is. A decision would put this to rest, one way or another.

I can only speak for myself, but even if I don't really need anything from the NW shop, losing all my NW creds due to Nightwave suddenly disappearing does not exactly put me in a great Tennocon-mood. It is probably more a result of all those hours spent gathering them, including daily and weekly goals for months on end, all that work just gone without warning. And there was no real warning, a Warframe player simply cannot be expected to follow Twitter or a sub-sub-forum or have to engage in "community stuff" in order to know that they will lose all their hard work.

Currently I am not feeling all that festive, so in order to engage with the yearly celebration of this fantastic game I would like to put this behind me. Be it then an "unforegiveable mistake" or another "DE to the rescue", but leaving it hanging is the worst solution.

On 2022-07-10 at 8:12 PM, Rydian said:

No, you just have to check the news every so often, they posted about it over two weeks in advance in your ship.

stuTyXz.png

(The news is gone now because it's no longer relevant because the season is over.)

That's not the NEWS, which is displayed by default. That's the COMMUNITY feed, which you have to actually click into and select to view rather than NEWS. 

NW isn't some "community" event, it's supposed to be :censored:ing NEWS. Which is exactly why so many more of us missed it this go-round. Everyone looks at NEWS when they log in, and I'd bet fewer people view COMMUNITY than interact with the dumpster fire that is Region Chat.

So I like many others got burned by this mess.  So, DE can we please fix this for the next round?

1) Nightwave should be in the NEWS section, not the community section.

2) We get e-mails every time Baro blows his nose, how about a simple e-mail?

3) Best solution: PUT A TIMER ON THE DAMN NIGHTWAVE SCREEN.

1100+ credits flushed.  

/me Rage quit.

A few things. 

1. I think there could be value in having it so that players receive an in game mail about the upcoming end of a Nightwave. Maybe a week before hand? Or perhaps additionally, implementing a countdown to the actual Nightwave as well. 

2. I feel like people can run away with assumptions based on personal experience. Discrepancies can exist. Was their a warning on the in game notification console? Or a lack of? Or maybe there was, but you didn't log in for 2 weeks and the notification was removed? Was it in the Community tab or News tab? Possibly different depending on when you logged in or version/country?!? Console or PC?!? Personally I can't account for every counties versions or systems version. I personally remember it being in the News section, but also since I pay attention to the Forums and other places of announcement, and knew in advance and spent my Creds, I wasn't as vigilant in double checking and recording such notifications. I have also seen a lot of screenshots and clips showing it in News and Community Tab, but I also acknowledge that such examples might not be universally true across all systems/accounts. I do see a lot of people using screenshots and drawing conclusions which may be inaccurate though. When there is already a lot of human error, and frustration, it doesn't help. 

Funny thing is, we also have Twitch which will have recorded evidence, we can use for reference. Again, might not be able to account for all peoples accounts/versions, but.

3. I don't really quite get the idea of hoarding NW Credits. To some extent, like if you want to get a Catalyst or Reactor, or wait for Nihil Key, sure, but thats like less than a 100. Maybe its just me, but I come aware of the earliest notification of NW ending, most times, and even then I hardly ever acquire over 300 NW credits. In my opinion if you are hoarding them, then be more willing to look for updates. If you like to take long breaks from Warframe, past 3 weeks, then don't hoard the NW credits. The system of notifying players could be improved, but some players don't help themselves. 

4. One reply was, why was this NW shorter? They use to be shorter. It actually got really annoying how long and delayed they started to become. Can we please please not encourage DE to making Nightwaves excessively long and delayed? Like damn, have we really rotated around from playerbase complaining that Nightwave is taking way too long to finish, and is drawn out and empty, to "Make Nightwave longer, because I personally didn't get stuff and procrastinated". 

5. I think the current system could be improved on. People will say "some people will miss the warnings anyway and still complain" and that is true... Can still make improvements though, and would benefit some people, even if not all. Likewise, this happens each time, if missing out affects someone that negatively, try and think of ways to avoid it happening again. I had an upset clan mate last time, so I simply offered to remind them the next time, and I sent them a message 2 weeks ago. Don't hoard credits if you know you don't like to constantly check for updates. Etc

Cry baby? as some had said. Me no finger pointing. No deny players own self have part to blame (that included myself). Post in forum is to bring awareness hope the game can be improved. I believe that only peoples love warframe will willing to spend their time post here...right? If you don't like the game bugs or no bugs, have notice or no notice you move on to other online games don't care.

Compare to the previous Nora's choice incident, although this time it is painful to lose hundreds of creds to exchange other items but managed to exchange hundred of Nitain Extracts which is rare to get it else where beside Ghoul Purge Bounties, Gift of the Lotus. Well , at least the remain creds still in inventory to convert to credits.

Lesson learn for me next time don't accumulate the creds spend on items as soon as possible. 

18 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I don't understand the mentality of stockpiling creds anyway. Unless you're waiting for a certain item in the rotation, spend them as soon as you get them. At least then you don't have to worry about them becoming worthless once the season ends. (Though it's your own fault for not paying attention).

Well why would you spend the credits if you don't need anything specific right this moment?
If You're not grinding rivens, don't need to craft something with nitain, and have a decent stock of reactors and catalysts, you have no reason to spend them the instant you get them.
And there's the possibility that you might need one of those things later. But without knowing which, buying stuff up willy nilly is potentially punishing yourself later when you need something you didn't buy enough of. Until the devs decide to punish you for not doing that without warning.

2 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Buying stuff willy nilly is still a better option than sleeping on the season end date and then realizing the thousands of creds you're sitting on are now completely worthless.

Use your brain for once.

ummm......what part of this is confusing to you? no one was "sleeping" on the end.  the end wasnt announced in a way people would actually see it. why do you think people are pissed? we all log in one day and all our credits are gone with no warning. why would we just spend credits on things we dont need instead of waiting to know what we do need and buying those things then?

obviously...had we known the event was ending we would have used our credits......kinda the point here.

maybe you might consider using your brain a bit instead of jumping down other peoples throats who got shafted by des lack of communication.

Archived