Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nora’s Mix Vol. 1 Ending Soon + What’s Next!

[DE]Zach

It seems to be a typical DE thing.

They can't even post Nightwave's ending in-game and somehow expect people to follow social media, the website, forums, twitch or whatever.

For a company or game that is so old you'd think they'd have learnt by now that people just want to relax by playing the game and not have to get important info through other means.

People have enough stuff to do in work or everyday life but it's somehow too difficult for them to understand.

22 hours ago, (PSN)Oudyne said:

I look on the orbiter news feed (thinking that’s what it is for). Something like “Nightwave Ending in x days or on such and such date.” would have been nice.

It was there from June 16th until it went poof on July 10th. IIRC it was on the community tab. When it went away, the entry was removed, so that's why you don't see it there anymore. But it was there for weeks.

22 hours ago, (PSN)Oudyne said:

so maybe try to make sure information is more readily available then just mentioned on a stream or posted somewhere assuming everyone goes there regularly,

Aside from a few times on streams, it was also posted here on the forums in the Developer Workshop & Update Notes section on June 16th.

I got screwed out of the last few levels of nora mix 1 because someone on the dev team messed up the countdown notification.

Had no idea about it ending until after it was over...

Seems quite a few players lost out, so here's hoping devs get enough complaints that they address it.

I want a second chance or compensation if possible.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Marius Elazrial said:

Nora mix 2 has started and i can confirm, i'm stuck at nora mix 1 lvl 21 thanks to that comms snafu...

It's still a bitter pill to swallow, looks like DE is just going to ignore it and hope it goes away.

40 minutes ago, danitot said:

July 20, still no response for any of the devs about the lack of notification on NW ending.
Currently 1245 creds from mix1 is waiting in my inventory to spend it.

And there wont be any response

Totally agree.

They never gave any ingame warning about NW ending.

I lost 440 nora credits because of it.

That's a lot of playtime.

And support just says: too bad but a least you can find the NW credits in your inventory as a memory to the NW.

Last year DE did give a warning in the newsfeed about NW ending.

So why not this time?

Still no response, and I'm not expecting one either. For me, this is my excuse to finally quit Warframe. Been playing for almost a decade and mostly only kept up because of the investment and my collection; and occasional bursts of interest in the game. For quite a while now, I've only kept up with the game by doing limited events along with easy daily steel path missions and easy Nightwave missions.

I was at 28/30 for the last Nightwave with all my creds unspent. I logged in each day, checked the missions each week looking for easy missions to do. And I looked at the news feed every day to see when the ending notification was coming. It was not there. I missed out on the umbra forma and the limited cosmetic - the only things on the list that were worth getting. Along with all the Nitain I could have gotten with the creds.

Looking at this thread for the last week, hoping for some kind of response from them, and just more nothing. I'm just done with Warframe, and this was my last straw.

11 hours ago, Grimmjow00636 said:

Still no response, and I'm not expecting one either. For me, this is my excuse to finally quit Warframe. Been playing for almost a decade and mostly only kept up because of the investment and my collection; and occasional bursts of interest in the game. For quite a while now, I've only kept up with the game by doing limited events along with easy daily steel path missions and easy Nightwave missions.

I was at 28/30 for the last Nightwave with all my creds unspent. I logged in each day, checked the missions each week looking for easy missions to do. And I looked at the news feed every day to see when the ending notification was coming. It was not there. I missed out on the umbra forma and the limited cosmetic - the only things on the list that were worth getting. Along with all the Nitain I could have gotten with the creds.

Looking at this thread for the last week, hoping for some kind of response from them, and just more nothing. I'm just done with Warframe, and this was my last straw.

I am basically in the same spot. Rivens maxed out, so riven/sortie-locked for over a year (and no, I will not destroy my forma'ed weapon builds due to a ridiculous arbitrary limit), immense amounts of unusable resources, lost half my friends due to Scarlet Spear and the other half has trickled away since. The New War got a few back, but Narmer farm drove them away. So as dumb as it is, the "daily game "consisted of cracking some radiant relics and doing select Nightwave missions, occasionally some event or Lotus mission. Ending the Nightwave without any real information and not owning that decision (or that f*ckup, if that is what it was) is pretty low. Very low, looking at it from how DE generally has handled things.

So I'm still salty. But if I'm leaving it is because of the riven content-lock which leaves me with nothing meaningful to do. Or if the new DE way is "hype" rather than "honour", then poof, I'm gone. The one thing that kept me in the game for so long is actually DE, one of a few trustworthy dev. studios still in existence. As to "immersion gaming" Immortal Empires is slated for online (beta) release late August/early September, and in there is about a year's worth of gaming content. Speaking of Warhammer, co-op focused 40K Darktide is due in september and is generating the right kind of (co-op) buzz. And my defunct Warframe-buddies are planning to go all-in into Baldur's Gate III after the next big update (they are currently co-opping through all the other Forgotten Realms games for the n:th time, due to Stranger Things 😁), gnomes and bards just got added and BG3 will just grow and grow and grow.

On 2022-07-14 at 6:26 PM, Lance_Lionroar said:

DE, can someone care to explain why this Nightwave expired with zero in-game warning, unlike the previous acts? I stopped frequenting the forums a long time ago, and only play the game for a few minutes a day most of the time. The fact you announced this here in a workshop and called it a day is quite inadequate. As you can see, many people have been caught off guard by this and it could've been easily avoided. You should know better than this.

There has never been an in-game warning. This forum has complained at the end of every single Nightwave since the first release... and for the same reason.

No, being on the news feed in the Orbiter is not really an "in-game warning." A lot of players don't pay attention to that! An example of a real in-game warning would be getting in-game mail from Nora reminding you about the end.

DE has always communicated the end of Nightwave in the forums (which pops up in Orbiter's news feed). It has always been this way and players will continue to complain about being caught by surprise.

Now I would go further and claim that DE posts this news in an obscure part of the forum. I personally think most players who use the forum only visit at most 2 sections of this forum: General Discussion and PC Updates. And the rest of the Warframe players probably don't even know what an Internet forum is. Sounds silly right? Internet forums are a technology from early Internet days. A lot of the younger generation use more "modern" social media. Yes, we're very old fashion here.

15 hours ago, nslay said:

There has never been an in-game warning. This forum has complained at the end of every single Nightwave since the first release... and for the same reason.

No, being on the news feed in the Orbiter is not really an "in-game warning." A lot of players don't pay attention to that! An example of a real in-game warning would be getting in-game mail from Nora reminding you about the end.

DE has always communicated the end of Nightwave in the forums (which pops up in Orbiter's news feed). It has always been this way and players will continue to complain about being caught by surprise.

Now I would go further and claim that DE posts this news in an obscure part of the forum. I personally think most players who use the forum only visit at most 2 sections of this forum: General Discussion and PC Updates. And the rest of the Warframe players probably don't even know what an Internet forum is. Sounds silly right? Internet forums are a technology from early Internet days. A lot of the younger generation use more "modern" social media. Yes, we're very old fashion here.

What story you wanna spin and confuse people now ?

There is a in-game news tab and tell us when it ends!

Previous nightwave does have it

They may have posted something, HOWEVER... The issue is that the timer was misplaced or not properly implemented, resulting in players like myself who never saw or knew the countdown existed.

It sadly seems like a 50/50 or so split of who could or could not see the timer on the feed. For every one person that got it in the feed, one person says they didn't anything.

This was one of the worst screwups by the devs i've experienced. If i can, i'm going try and keep on this subject as long as i can.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Marius Elazrial said:

They may have posted something, HOWEVER... The issue is that the timer was misplaced or not properly implemented, resulting in players like myself who never saw or knew the countdown existed.

It sadly seems like a 50/50 or so split of who could or could not see the timer on the feed. For every one person that got it in the feed, one person says they didn't anything.

This was one of the worst screwups by the devs i've experienced. If i can, i'm going try and keep on this subject as long as i can.

Again, 3 weeks it was available, in multiple places.

Also 50/50 is disingenuous. The people that post on the forums is very different than the overall player base. Most people probably don't even use the forums at all. A large portion of people on the forums are people with a problem or those wanting to be helpful. Not that chat is completely representative of all players either, but at least on PC there were a number of people asking in chat about it for the first week, but that was a tiny number compared to the amount of people in the NA PC region during the same period.

Multiple places of news doesn't matter unless you follow each one constantly, which i do not. Please don't try to down play how bad this was, nor white knight that the devs fudged comms for more than a few players.

A 50/50 split seems reasonable based on what i have seen. Even in game chat some knew and some didn't.

Unless a key piece of info is revealed, i'm blaming the devs.

I won't argue any further, i'll leave it at my opinion from my experience thus far.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, danitot said:

12 Aug, still no response from any of the devs about the lack of notification on NW ending.
Such a great character moment from DE.

... DE did notify though.

Would a mod, or a dev, please lock this thread already? "Nora's Mix Vol.2" has already started. This thread has no relevance any longer.

10 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... DE did notify though.

Would a mod, or a dev, please lock this thread already? "Nora's Mix Vol.2" has already started. This thread has no relevance any longer.

If you read the thread Yes and No to the Notify, not in the NEWS section like every other time but hidden away in the Community tab, which by the way does not stay active as the default NEWS tab does.

All I'm saying, I've stated my thoughts way back in this thread when it was active.

Archived