Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The impact AoE nerf could have

George_PPS

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

this thread is kind of a S#&$hole lol. There's a lot of stuff that's just been blanket merged in.

That tells me they aren't listening to us, and think all complaints about the game can be categorized as 'AoE bad'

There's a lot outside this that they need to address, but they keep suppressing discussion of it.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb mycroft_:

That tells me they aren't listening to us, and think all complaints about the game can be categorized as 'AoE bad'

There's a lot outside this that they need to address, but they keep suppressing discussion of it.

They never have and I've been playing since 2013.
only if some blogger or youtuber cries, then maybe something will be done. most of the time an item gets ruined because it's supposed to be "OP". but that is mostly not true. because acrid used to be playable and how does it look now? you can only laugh about it.

1 hour ago, Venus-Venera said:

They never have and I've been playing since 2013.
only if some blogger or youtuber cries, then maybe something will be done. most of the time an item gets ruined because it's supposed to be "OP". but that is mostly not true. because acrid used to be playable and how does it look now? you can only laugh about it.

It's really sad.

I think they used to listen a little more back in 2013, and have been gradually cutting back on support and increasing 'bad decisions' in the name of profit.

Corpus are a metaphor for DE now :(

17 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

so you want to make gameplay even more difficult?

I usually advocate for the game to be easier. Or at the very least not harder. I absolutely despise overguard for instance. But not with this. AoE weapons are broken. They're disruptive to other players and a handful of them way too powerful. Self damage never should've been removed, just fixed. Removing it was probably one of DE's worst decisions. They need a downside. And as I stated, having the ability to damage yourself has advantages. As long as you have a method of healing (which you REALLY should regardless) it's not even a big deal as long as aoe weapons don't insta kill the user like they did before. Just forces players to use them more mindfully, and encourages them to potentially look at other weapons.

I would like to add lingering effects like napalm shouldn't deal self damage like they use to. That's just unreasonable when you can potentially block your path with it. And damage falloff should also apply so if it has a falloff of 50% and a self damage of 50% you're only losing 25% health if you're caught on the edge of the explosion.

Also this was kindof implied but I didn't really say it. If they bring self damage back, self knockback should be removed. Because the reason it exists was to replace self damage. Also a benefit cus that gives you an extra mod slot to work with. If you can stand to play the game with enemies able to knock you down again. I'd probably still keep sure footed anyways cus enemy knockdowns are infuriating.

It's really an incredibly minor difficulty increase. Just requires people to use their brains a little bit more. Brainless gameplay is something even a lot of players that like the game to be easy complain about.

In a game where hardly anything works without boosters? and people farm for something like normal khora 3+ months?
how serious is that?

You really farming khora with aoe weapons instead of abilities? Is that even possible? How much do they really help grinds? They make the game easier sure but not really faster for anything other than exterminate. The grind is a separate issue.

and you probably haven't heard anything from other players who block your view.

or weird mobs running towards players like formula 1.

The devs had started to implement a contingency for this in weapons before self damage was removed, Arming distance. The projectile wouldn't explode until it had traveled far enough for you to be outside of the explosive radius It was a bit jank cus you could hit yourself if you had enough forward momentum but it was a nice step forward at the time before they just gave up and threw self damage into a shredder. Tho It does pose an issue if you want to hit yourself deliberately. Maybe make it a toggle. I hesitate to say exilus mod cus I hate that being the solution people jump to for suggestions like this. But that would be the easiest way to implement it as an optional feature on every weapon.
Also I covered the players running in front of you thing. Players count as friendly entities. Projectiles shouldn't collide with friendly entities period. This is a serious issue all it's own that needs to be dealt with.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb KiteForest_2035:

DE has gone mad? - This nerf for AOE will be more nerf if it does not increase the usage of normal weapons? Who is the oppressor!Forcing the player to use equipment that doesn't fit the game environment and threatening the player?We simply don't have the option to fight efficiently

here it was suggested too often that single target should be buffed. because almost all warframes cannot survive against ranged with low damage.
what what done? of course nothing.

p.s.: take maxed kuva zarr and play with gyre on sp against ranged. after 5 seconds you are instant on the floor.

5 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

here it was suggested too often that single target should be buffed. because almost all warframes cannot survive against ranged with low damage.
what what done? of course nothing.

p.s.: take maxed kuva zarr and play with gyre on sp against ranged. after 5 seconds you are instant on the floor.

What are you talking about ? Single target weapons are also getting a buff, they are getting a better headshot multiplier.

Please stop spouting nonsense if you have no idea what you are talking about.

And what rubbish are you talking about with regards to gyre ? Sounds more like you have no idea how to play.

On 2022-01-02 at 3:46 AM, JackHargreav said:

Yes. And we also hear the opposite a lot. So I guess it would be fair to make a post on that too. No offense just pointing it out.

Anyways these ppl who want a more difficult game are just a loud minority. I wouldn't pay much attention to them honestly. 

Good, because it always seems like if we aren't always in bleedout mode and wasting time with excessive monotony and grind, nothing is "challenging" to these people. I wouldn't trust their word on actually creating a true challenge.

And how about the rest of the game?

I don't need more unnecessary buggy "garbage" with new content... because I don't know what to do with the old "garbage"! 
Take care already of balancing in the game everything that is in it at this moment. The game has become too simple, there is no challenge in it, "one-button gameplay", and therefore interest fades away very quickly, including everything new from new content. A cooperative game does not make sense anymore, because if you go alone to complete the task, it turns out to pass it easier. A cooperative team game in which the cooperative is dying out. I want to seriously ask you... Is Warframe really a multiplayer game or it for a single player?
Where is the challenge in game? Where is the AI in enemy mobs? Where is multiplayer in this "multiplayer" game? (look at L4D to understand how a true cooperative should work!) There is no need to hone your skills in this game at the moment - just take a Bramma and Wukong. This game plays itself into itself... live players are not needed, so they leave.
Think about what you've done with this game. Players leave your project. This game turns into a junk yard in the literal sense!

vor 7 Stunden schrieb MekaDovah:

Good, because it always seems like if we aren't always in bleedout mode and wasting time with excessive monotony and grind, nothing is "challenging" to these people. I wouldn't trust their word on actually creating a true challenge.

there are tons of challenges in warframe. here you just have to use a little brain and open your eyes...
because I can think of many things. example would be grendel missions or certain riven challenged without youtube tips. but there is much more, which is actually very difficult...

there are more things in warframe than relics and sp alerts.

On 2022-08-09 at 10:24 PM, KitMeHarder said:

Its been know for a while that (there's a 99% chance) specter/clone uptime counts towards player usage stats.

I've actually confirmed this. I specifically saw my Excalibur usage stats go up LONG after I had fed him to Helminth and *ONLY* had Umbra in my arsenal.

I later realized I was still using Excalibur in my common specter loadout.

12 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I've actually confirmed this. I specifically saw my Excalibur usage stats go up LONG after I had fed him to Helminth and *ONLY* had Umbra in my arsenal.

I later realized I was still using Excalibur in my common specter loadout.

Just dropping by to say that no, Celestial Twin doesn't count towards Wukong's usage rate.

I made a new account and gave it Wukong and Volt. Spent half an hour in the plains with both frames, and had Celestial Twin active the entire time I used Wukong. End result was equal usage for both frames.

So Wukong really is that popular, not the result of bugged stats.

Try sp kuva survival fissure before making a judgement.

With a singletarget gun, without a melee, without a nuker (magnet of any kind) or a loot frame and decide how useful other guns are there.
Reduced life supports, you use the canister on the towers and now with nullies and ancients on top of it .

"They don't balance around the SP argument" died with galv mods and gun arcanes, umbra forma bp and now fissures, unified armor strip.

LR2 nuking level 40 fissures is an issue of matchmaking primarly and they will do it with so many ways that it will take years to nerf them all.

Let's not go overboard and rabbit hole again into the same nuke frames and melee ,
keep some variety- nerf the outliers if needed, don't kill the archetype in a whole.

On 2022-01-02 at 5:11 AM, George_PPS said:

We always hear about mostly spoiled veteran level players wanting the game to be harder and there is too much powercreep, here are some solid and real solutions that work instantly and every time:

1. Play Solo
2. Equip just 5, 4 or even just 3 Mods for every item in your loadouts.
3. Use the weakest elemental damage types against each faction. 
  For example, equip full magnetic damage types in all weapons in Grineer missions.
4. Rank essential Mods to just 60% or **** just 20%.
5. Use ONLY the most obscure abilities of every warframe in all missions. 
6. Equip a Dragon Key

7. No Arcanes 

Please feel free to add more advice and recommendations to help these players. 

You're right.

Warframe is now mass massacre TPS time-attack Hack & Slash. DE has made this game missions in this way.

But suddenly DE nerfed melee mods before, and nerfed ability attack by Overguard and will nerf AOE mods, instead, give us headshot buff while  making headshot impossible. lol

DE devs must play this game with non-AOE rifles & shotguns & pistols and figure out why many people don't use them.

On 2022-08-26 at 11:28 PM, mycroft_ said:

They probably are, but what do you expect them to do?

See, if they create an "iron path" mode, that is so hard that most weapons are worthless in it, you'll get players with arc plasmors going through it at the difficulty they expect. Only someone with a kuva zarr and a god tier riven and all the meta build will still complain its too easy. So you make it hard enough for the zarr player and now nothing else is capable in it. This is why they focus on the AoE meta, because its all they can do for the end-game builds. Nerf for things they should never have introduced in the first place, but of course they had to make those OP weapons (every update brings new, buffed stuff) because that's the things the end-game meta players want. You can read the wails of "trash" if something isn't better than the best stuff already present.

so DE cannot fix this problem, once you get to end-game, that's it. You are OP and everything is easy. Your best hope is to start again and have fun progressing through. Or, focus on fashion or more "social" aspects like clans.

The other issue is that DE has to keep on adding every more hard content, that excludes most of the player base. Zariman is really cool, but its really designed to be content for the MR25+ guys, not anyone else. All new stuff will be like this, not adding to the experience of "normal" players, but entirely focussed on the end game guys who have everything already and can blast through steel path with ease.

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I've actually confirmed this.

That's hilarious. And sad. It's the little things like this that show where DE's priorities lie. This would be such a simple bug to fix but they don't care.

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Just dropping by to say that no, Celestial Twin doesn't count towards Wukong's usage rate.

Celestial Twin isn't a specter - specters are items you put in your loadout and can use with any frame.

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)Eye0fTyphoon said:

DE devs must play this game with non-AOE rifles & shotguns & pistols and figure out why many people don't use them.

I think that would help a lot.

9 minutes ago, mycroft_ said:

Celestial Twin isn't a specter - specters are items you put in your loadout and can use with any frame.

Specter is used to broadly refer to any player spawned ally. On-Call crew is a specter, Clem is a specter, Duality is a specter, etc. Any kills they do using a particular weapon (say Veldt) contribute to that weapon's kill stat. The same applies to usage stat. Using a Wisp specter will contribute to your usage rate on Wisp.

What I'm saying is that the Celestial Twin is a specter, but not a specter of Wukong, and as such doesn't contribute to Wukong's usage rate.

21 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

What are you talking about ? Single target weapons are also getting a buff, they are getting a better headshot multiplier.

Please stop spouting nonsense if you have no idea what you are talking about.

And what rubbish are you talking about with regards to gyre ? Sounds more like you have no idea how to play.

You have superb marksmanship, in the face of the enemy using a seconds three consecutive hit the enemy's head and kill them, then you was broken by a fourth enemy shields, at this point you to react instantly and getting accurate head shot, then you are fifth enemy fire damage burned - if no AOE weapons

5 minutes ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

You have superb marksmanship, in the face of the enemy using a seconds three consecutive hit the enemy's head and kill them, then you was broken by a fourth enemy shields, at this point you to react instantly and getting accurate head shot, then you are fifth enemy fire damage burned - if no AOE weapons

Was i responding to you or your lack of ability to aim?

Please note the context of the reply,

Person i quoted originally: You should buff single target weapons instead,

Me: They actually are going to do that.

You: But that needs skill,

Yes genius , it needs skill , you should not expect to face roll through everything.

57 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Was i responding to you or your lack of ability to aim?

Please note the context of the reply,

Person i quoted originally: You should buff single target weapons instead,

Me: They actually are going to do that.

You: But that needs skill,

Yes genius , it needs skill , you should not expect to face roll through everything.

No, you don't understand what I mean, there are too many enemies at present, using single target weapons cannot guarantee survival, even if using skills to ensure survival is still a rather inefficient way, so it is meaningless to simply use nerf AOE, create more single targets weapons model of value also has fewer enemies to kill in order to truly satisfy everyone

47 minutes ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

No, you don't understand what I mean, there are too many enemies at present, using single target weapons cannot guarantee survival, even if using skills to ensure survival is still a rather inefficient way, so it is meaningless to simply use nerf AOE, create more single targets weapons model of value also has fewer enemies to kill in order to truly satisfy everyone

rubbish , you can still finish steel path suvival with single target weapons ,

if you want to just sit in a corner then it is unlikely to happen.

Archived