Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe speculation: Joe mad's werewolf

(XBOX)Nightseid

tried my hand at a live rendering,  used the og tennocon and the recent coloring versions for references while I drew it , to try and get as accurate as i could :thinking:, sorry its a bit late 

Spoiler

bit of a problem working on this midway , as my own wolf dog had some cancer issues pop up , and as he was having issues and going through surgery , i had to take a break from this due to that, he pulled through so far and is doing great

-twitter-

58 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

tried my hand at a live rendering,  used the og tennocon and the recent coloring versions for references while I drew it , to try and get as accurate as i could :thinking:, sorry its a bit late 

Reveal hidden contents

bit of a problem working on this midway , as my own wolf dog had some cancer issues pop up , and as he was having issues and going through surgery , i had to take a break from this due to that, he pulled through so far and is doing great

-twitter-

Fashionably late, good job. 👍

12 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Reveal hidden contents

-twitter-

Spiky wolf queen! Great art as always 👌

17 hours ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

Reveal hidden contents

-twitter-

booba-cropped.gif

Werewolf Warframe Ability Concept Ideas 

This is just my idea of how her toolkit would look, poste below how you would make the abilities.

Passive: Survival Instinct 
Immune to any cc effect but lose a flat 60 HP every time. 

//Wolf's are known for biting off their own leg if it's stuck in a trap//

Ability 1: Wolf Pack
After killing an enemy, summon two shadow wolves that damage and stagger enemies.

15 sec duration

Ability 2: Empowered Pack 
Empower your pack of spirit wolves with the ability to deal elemental damage that the enemies are weak to.

12 sec duration

Ability 3: Lone Wolf
Consume all your summoned spirit wolf's gaining health and melee damage buff per wolf consumed 

+100 max HP 
+5% Damage
20 sec buff duration 

Ability 4: Legends
Summon two spirit wolf's called Geri and Freki. Every time you attack Geri will do a aoe follow-up around you and Freki will do a follow up on the enemy you attacked.

12 sec duration

//Geri and Freki are Odin's wolf's from north mythology//

Keep in mind that the numbers are just to get an idea of how the ability works and are not fully fleshed out.

3 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

but we have way too much summoner in wf

Really? Nekros? Meh. Khora? So so. Atlas? Meh. Wukong? Nerfed, not great.

There are some summoners (or at least partially) but they are not good. When I play them summoner just feels like additional damage or other buff. I wish to player something more 'summoner like'.

Right click to necromance:

feels more like "summoner".

ps. it's free (but not finished) small game

I'm sorry but really all of her powers are just nothing but just "Summon Pet go burr?" I admire trying to have her  wolf heads do something, but they seem more visual then powers.

Wukong: Can wield any weapon and use his own powers at will. Even with the "Nerf" his Spector is still strong.

Nekros: His Shadows can use "Shield of Shadows" that makes him almost unkillable and can dish out some decent damage (if not just shows a good distraction) 

Khora: Has her own Kavat, that can be modded to be very high DPS, Decent CC and makes Khora unkillable with her Augment.

Atlas: We Don't talk about Atlas

Caliban: Has his own Sentients that Grants overshields when casted, sticks close and deals decent damage, can live quite a bit if done correctly and serves as good  distraction, keeping fire from him. They can be better for sure, but they are not terrible. 

I'd rather not have Werewolf Frame be nothing but 2 named Dogs like a Genshin Impact character and just attack and do nothing, there is no synergy with her kit, nothing that keeps her alive besides "Spam 1 & 3 to live". No CC, No DPS to speak of.

On 2022-10-14 at 10:56 PM, FightLikeAKrogan said:

I'm kind of surprised they're doing mouths, since I remember they've rejected some skins on the basis of having a mouth. Granted... these ones are on everywhere BUT the head.

Grendel exists, literally has a mouth for a belly and he has a Deluxe skin so already we have something in-game counter to that statement unless they made it after Grendel joined us?

On 2022-10-14 at 10:32 PM, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

But they said their literally not doing "claws" and trying to not make her a Valkyr clone? Soooo, yea this is it, this is the Lycanthrope wolf Warframe. 

Also, this is the colored in, redraw of her standing which means it's most likely the final interpretation of the character, proportions and all.

6HlOI3SHvqQYb5VKkczcd1fELDP3ZySFBmwkj_ZhWDFLVtQy4mlaos7K-YVPMUWE6TaJ0CvX-CmU6MHOck6RdvqiQGJa4tCMP9A3AOxOz3aDuP-0YwrI6NqJYb_DWN-Sf9DYh3ZyN69D3XK67nLPPGgjEjOkqrXUYUzl9l3ZfRKgJw-8w2u9mPUgIg

I know it may not be what some of y'all wanted, but when I look at her, I see the Wolf, the Warframe and Joe Mad. So, if that's what [DE] was going for visually then I'd say they nailed it. 👍

I'm rather fond of her myself :p

18 hours ago, -Faithless- said:

I would call her Gevaudana, after the unidentified creature named the Beast of Gévaudan who terrorized the country-side of france in the mid 1760s.

Plus the prime name is catchy Gevadauna Prime

Gevaudana

That's sounds pretty, beautiful, and strong at the same time I like it. 👍

Also, I read the wiki for the Beast of Gévaudan and yea, sounds like it could fit her to me wolfy stuff n, all

Funniest thing I found there was, My Hero Academia (Anime) referencing the Beast of Gévaudan for one of their characters did not see that coming. 😂   

I voted for the new frame name a few days ago and something struck me. Give a large group of people a task to choose one from a list of ten and mark one of the options in some way, and you greatly increase the chance that the marked one will be chosen. Our brains are designed to notice novelty, so there would be an immediate focus on the one that is different. In this case, of course, it was Voruna, which had an alternate spelling in parentheses.

My sense is that this made it almost sure from the beginning that it would be chosen. What do you think? And do you think it was intentional, a way to get their preferred name while making it seem like the community chose it?

Archived