Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play IS LIVE!

[DE]Dudley

14 minutes ago, mrEkli said:

How do you know what the Host is on? Did you ask each time? The :crossplay: symbol is generic. 

yes - i ask.  I'm not shy. (I don't ask when I see PC #'s of enemy spawns - easy to tell its a pc player when the enemy count is good vs the console experience)

behaves similar to bad ping/latency - I see other players in squad  'teleporting' rather than smoothly walking, ability activation delayed or doesn't happen at all, enemy hitboxes not where character model is... etc.

only thing i haven't seen yet with nintendo host is the vacuum bug (where the loot follows and just clicks but doesn't get picked up) that happens with really bad pings.

Not sure if its worse with full squad vs just two (or three) players - always have full squad on these survivals for voruna parts.

Edited by (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 1

I'm on Switch and I've been on many many cross play open squads and I've experienced no problem at all. Three times, while doing some Conjunction Survival to farm Voruna parts, I had Host migrations, but even these happenend with o problem : the mission continued as expected and I got all the loots and drops.

I've also tested some relays with many people and no problem at all (we had a warning saying that Switch players could get some problems when trying to go to some relays with a lot pf players). Everything perfect.

Thanks a lot for the cross play.

• Like 2

Hi. Trying to do crossplay with a friend on PC while I'm in ps4. It worked last night as of this post. But now it's not seeming to work.

When either of us type our names into the friend search, it tells us the player is offline, or the name does not exist. But it's weird cause we existed last night. And I can send him invites, but it tells him I'm offline.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg said:

yes - i ask.  I'm not shy. (I don't ask when I see PC #'s of enemy spawns - easy to tell its a pc player when the enemy count is good vs the console experience)

behaves similar to bad ping/latency - I see other players in squad  'teleporting' rather than smoothly walking, ability activation delayed or doesn't happen at all, enemy hitboxes not where character model is... etc.

I had some similar experiences this weekend. It was pretty terrible. Frankly I'm just going to turn off Cross play, even if that means playing solo more often than not. 

8 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I'm on Switch and I've been on many many cross play open squads and I've experienced no problem at all.

I'm only pointing out issues I have when a switch player hosts.  In all likelyhood, the switch player hosting would not have issues.  I also have had no issues with switch players being in squad when they are NOT the host.

The only saving grace is that often a host migration takes place when a switch player is hosting - and either they rejoin or disappear into the ether.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PSN)Syr_Alin_V said:

Hi. Trying to do crossplay with a friend on PC while I'm in ps4. It worked last night as of this post. But now it's not seeming to work.

When either of us type our names into the friend search, it tells us the player is offline, or the name does not exist. But it's weird cause we existed last night. And I can send him invites, but it tells him I'm offline.

same here. Im on PC and my wife is on PS4. we had a first mission which at first we were having the same issue then got connected. Then after that mission we started another and she lost connection. after that we couldn't join up, in fact when I would send invite It would be an invite from myself TO myself lol.

Il y a 4 heures, (XBOX)Tucker D Dawg a dit :

I'm only pointing out issues I have when a switch player hosts.  In all likelyhood, the switch player hosting would not have issues.  I also have had no issues with switch players being in squad when they are NOT the host.

The only saving grace is that often a host migration takes place when a switch player is hosting - and either they rejoin or disappear into the ether.

Oh ! Sorry, I hadn't seen your post before writing mine and I wasn't writing an answer about what you've said. I was giving some feedback about the way host migration is working : in the past (before cross play of course), I had some problems with host migration (like losing resources and drops or having the mission fail with no reason), that's why I was affraid about host migrations, but no problem with it till this day.

It's true that charging time is not the same between platforms and that the Switch can have problems if it is hosting the game. Perhaps the best is to not let Switch players be the host and make a host migration as soon as another player with better performances joins the squad, but I don't know if it's possible.

• Like 2

Sorry for using the translator, I can't speak English.
I'm happy with the cross platform, it's a good thing, thanks for your work.
In a tolerant world it would be nice to see the platform symbol. But people are always ready to discriminate and attack others, so better, in my opinion, to eliminate the symbols, unfortunately. Although I really like to see that I'm playing with other platforms.
Regarding the feedback:
- Slightly longer mission charge times
- 1 out of 2 mission loading fails
- In a joint survival on lua, after a failed host migration, I lost all drops
I'm sure you'll fix it.
I'll update if I have anything else to report.
- nintendo switch -
Thanks for your work

Build:[XboxSeriesX] [Nintendo Switch]

Desc: Crossplay Update for all consoles. I invite a Tenno from Switch: "WANDERINGIMAGINATION" to a Dojo on xbox: clan "5pectrum" that causes instant crash on Loading screen, the game stop working on Switch

Probably Switch cant load large Dojos that causes Crash

I also tested this on my own Switch (v2) to verify if was lag or something else but the game also stop working.

Probably Switch also crashes on large Dojos on other platforms.

My gt on xbox is: "ik Proyect"

Hour of the bug: december 2 at 1:15pm

Repro: 100% Of the time

Repro steps: Xbox player ("ik Proyect" invites a Switch player ("WANDERINGIMAGINATION") to "5pectrum" dojo on xbox

Result: crash

Expected result: load Dojo for crossplay visits

Edited by (XBOX)IK Proyect
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I can't post to the Switch area but since Crossplay went live on the Switch, my Switch account can't host or join a railjack mission.  If joining any team (or any team joins me while loading) that has a member not on the Switch.  The mission load screen is as far as I get and I will be forced back to the Orbiter and once I the game crashed totally.  The workaround was to set missions to solo but just an FYI.

Hello everyone

I use warframe on xbox one, I thought that with the new features of the cross platform it was possible to send friend requests to users on the pc. 

Unfortunately, however, it does not work, every time I look for some other player on a different platform he tells me that his nick is non-existent, the same thing for my friends who look for me from PC, for them my nickname does not exist. 

Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Rampage0014 said:

Is anyone having an issue where they cannot add friends from different platforms?? I keep getting "given username does not exist" prompt. Im on pc. One friend was on xbox and the other switch. Both could not find my name neither. PLease help!!!!!!

The "friends" option is not yet implemented for cross play. You cannot add friends from other platforms, neither trade with them. Just wait a liitle bit : the dev team is working on this.

On 2022-12-05 at 9:40 AM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

It's true that charging time is not the same between platforms and that the Switch can have problems if it is hosting the game. Perhaps the best is to not let Switch players be the host and make a host migration as soon as another player with better performances joins the squad, but I don't know if it's possible.

Just to complete some information : on Relic runs and Invasions there is now a problem for Switch players : as the charging time is not the same between platforms, it can happen (kind of often) that, after a first mission together, the other members of the squad launch the next mission while the Switch player is still on the charging screen to come back to the orbitor and this causes the Switch player to be blocked on a black or on a charging screen (that requires to reset the game).

• Like 1

My friend is playing on Xbox, and I am on PC. We are able to find each other in the relay and can invite each other to parties, however, we cannot seem to add one another as friends. We get the error, "That username does not exist.". When he tried inviting me to his clan, it said he cannot due to me playing on a different platform. Furthermore, the symbols we can see by each other's names do not match the platform that we are actually playing on respectively.

You can't add each other to your friend list because cross platform is t fully live. This is normal. A bug report or support ticket won't do anything as cross platform trading and friend adding is not active. 

As for the symbol, the swirl symbol just means the person is not on the same platform as you. Everyone sees that and it will stay that way so people do not get discriminated against for the platform they play on. 

Edited by (PSN)FunyFlyBoy
  • Like 1