The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't see the hype for tatsu prime...

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool weapon, but I don't understand why there's hype about tatsu prime when there's already a way better 2 handed nikanas most people have already. 

Obviously to lower MR players the tatsu prime will be one of the best early game melee weapons as good "giant swords" are not new player friendly. 

But to more experienced players (everyone MR 14 or higher) there really doesn't seem to be much reason to want to use tatsu prime outside of having a riven. 

Tatsu prime has 22% crit, 2.4x cd, 1.17 attack speed, and 30% status, with only about 50% slash weighting in terms of physical damage (33% when including the radiation damage). 

Meanwhile the Tenet Livia has 28% cc, 2.2x cd, 1.08 attack speed, 28% status, and almost entirely made up of slash damage (90% of the physical damage is slash) and while there is an extra element, most people simply use that % as part of a viral build. It also will always be obtainable as opposed to a prime weapon that will eventually get vaulted.

I'm not saying that tatsu prime isn't good or you can't like it. It's just that there is already a mostly better weapon. 

If you would rather take the extra attack speed then use tatsu prime. 

It's obviously a personal preference situation, but if you want whatever weapon is best overall use the tenet livia. 

Oh yeah and as people below pointed out, the stance is terrible, so heavy blades are better than both of them.

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

At least for me, there's only one reason to be hyped about Tatsu prime:

Hide contents

It looks cool

Won't deny i'd be even happier if a new stance, had been -at the very least- announced to come soon after its release.

That's a good reason why, but if you don't like the lightsaber look of the livia you could use the nightwave or revenant deluxe skins for the 2h nikanas. 

Of course feel free to use whichever one you choose.

I already have a pretty strong toxin Livia with a riven plus the skin but I'm getting this thing because it looks cool in default look. Who knows it could even be on par with Livia. That being said we need a new 2h nikana stance so bad. One that focuses around basic attacks. Otherwise Tatsu P. would probably just be a weapon to decorate my arsenal with. 

I think primes are cool when they're the first of their kind, like how Corvas Prime was the first prime arch-gun

Unfortunately Tatsu is still just another bland short-ranged stick (as far as we know), even with its "ghost skull" gimmick and general stat improvements, so I'm in no rush to get mine

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Obviously to lower MR players the tatsu prime will be one of the best early game melee weapons as good "giant swords" are not new player friendly. 

Not disagreeing or agreeing with you but some thoughts about this. This is obviously good for lower MR players because not all players are veterans. I wish this can be applied to general game balance as well, allowing varieties and not constantly killing metas if they are good and enjoyable. I guess this will put Tatsu Prime as a safe but boring weapon. 

Archived