Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Next Update: Lua's Prey

[DE]Danielle

On 2022-11-12 at 5:27 AM, PrimalordialBob said:

Because, in some people's opinion, AOE has not been nerfed enough. They won't be satisfied until AOE is relegated into a corner, unused because the consequences just suck (more than they do now).

That just sounds like torturing yourself. I mean I guess it would be kinda neat to get effected by doing danger close type gameplay where you are using explosives in close proximity to you or your teammates, at least from a realism standpoint. Otherwise self damage would  be nightmarish. 

30 minutes ago, OneofTwo7734 said:

That just sounds like torturing yourself. I mean I guess it would be kinda neat to get effected by doing danger close type gameplay where you are using explosives in close proximity to you or your teammates, at least from a realism standpoint. Otherwise self damage would  be nightmarish. 

Self damage is one of those things that you love if it doesn't affect you but hate if it does affect you. Are there exceptions to this rule? Sure, but there are exceptions to every rule. This is just a general trend.

On 2022-11-10 at 10:17 PM, Crossfire78 said:

is DE playing WF-verse -esque Zariman time / void effery with us?

Luas prey will be released winter 2022 and comes with Nora Mix Vol3...

Noras Mix Vol3 is planned to release on 30th of November.

But Winter starts 21st of December?

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Calendar seasons are often out of synch with meteorological seasons, and really need to be updated to properly reflect how the world works. Late November is often the real start of winter in the US and other places. Similarly, summer gets to my region around the first of June, but not officially till later. Trust the weather folks, not the calendar.

On 2022-11-11 at 5:49 PM, .LeiA._ said:

Please, please, please don't put Credits, Bronze/Silver Mods or Endo on the Conjunction Survival rewards. Make the rewards worth our time.

Psst... Credits and Endo are worth my time. Not all of us are swimming in those.

On 2022-11-12 at 10:27 AM, PrimalordialBob said:

Because, in some people's opinion, AOE has not been nerfed enough. They won't be satisfied until AOE is relegated into a corner, unused because the consequences just suck (more than they do now).

Actually, it's because the previously intended nerf to self stagger got so much hate thrown at it that DE said "well, fine, but now you're going ot set yourself up for getting one-shotted.

On 2022-11-11 at 4:59 PM, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

thats probably due to the many alterations de has prior shown from dev 165. From 2d concept changes of the wolf heads. to the 3d id assume

main gripe is the reduced her bust, but also the body form, head/helm, wolf heads, arms, legs, torso, have minor to major alterations in topology and form not matchings to the concept art which is upsetting people (me included) 

there is also a vocal minority that dosnt want the frame at all, and hates the design with a passion , so no matter whats done they wont be happy, but ruin it for the rest of the player base 

every frame has a mixed amount of reception

Some people forget that sometimes things that work fine in 2d, fail to be doable in 3d. While transition from concept art to 3d game engine isn't quite the same as things like cartoon-to-live-action level of problems, it's not that many steps away from it. This sort of issue goes back further than computers, and really, as far back as human crafting and artwork. As such, sometimes designs need to be re-proportioned or otherwise altered to first make them creatable as a 3D object, and then further altered to make them not appear wonky. I know this just from working with clay in highschool classes back in 1996-1999, and having seen how awful live action adaptations of things that should be left as animated movies are (way to ruin childhoods, hollywood...).

As for things like bust size... Maybe people need to be taking a long, hard look at their life if they feel a need to gripe that any fictional character's bust isn't big enough...

And those who don't want the frame: Kick those trolls out.

1 hour ago, VladYvhv said:

Some people forget that sometimes things that work fine in 2d, fail to be doable in 3d. While transition from concept art to 3d game engine isn't quite the same as things like cartoon-to-live-action level of problems, it's not that many steps away from it. This sort of issue goes back further than computers, and really, as far back as human crafting and artwork. As such, sometimes designs need to be re-proportioned or otherwise altered to first make them creatable as a 3D object, and then further altered to make them not appear wonky. I know this just from working with clay in highschool classes back in 1996-1999, and having seen how awful live action adaptations of things that should be left as animated movies are (way to ruin childhoods, hollywood...).

As for things like bust size... Maybe people need to be taking a long, hard look at their life if they feel a need to gripe that any fictional character's bust isn't big enough...

And those who don't want the frame: Kick those trolls out.

from my experience learning   2d & 3d   ,  there are plenty of ways to match nearly 100% a design to a 3d mesh.

the issues are time and rigging constraints , as in this game excalibur is the rig point base once a model is done, bodies have to be able to rig to a scaled version of its setup , which isnt hard you can see examples of this in tennogen or ingame animations 

now, not every artist is a master sculptor or capable of getting that good  sculpt , professionals and styles vary I know that. but its not hard, especially with good references and i know de ahs some great 3d artists (praise kaz) 

normally , you pull a reference into the sculpt work area to build a model reference, and then you can draft 3d scaling and shaping from it to be very precise , shapes and styles do change a bit and thats dependent on how topology is done or angle of view 

(examples)

Spoiler

See the source imageSee the source image2d-3d simple , adding 3d , rendering lights/shadows adds more depth, detail

on the bust for me isnt the most import thing, plenty of other details are off and bugged my OCD..

but then again some play for other aesthetics, i wont judge/ nor care . i just like seeing designs keep to what was shown as accepted or true to part without shortcutting for time or laziness

personally did a graybox test example and it would take like 3-5 min in zbrush using inflate and move /smooth tools to fix most of the topology issues 

yea, im with ya on that, dont feed the trolls tenno xD 

On 2022-11-16 at 12:39 AM, Destroyer5005 said:

Grendel voidshell skin is coming on the next update... wtf... why didn't DE made the skins for the most used frames first??? WHY grendel ?!?!?

Generally speaking it can be a good approach to try and cater towards all the different fans you will have. Like release skins for popular Warframe, is obviously good, as you have the largest possible market, but also skins for the oldest, long standing Warframes as well, because of sentimental type reasons, people who have played Warframe for almost a decade, seeing the old guard are still remembered etc, but then also skins for the less popular Warframes, is also good too. Shows fans of all the less popular characters, that DE won't forget you, just because your favourite Warframes are less popular than others. Means, next time, your fav underrated Warframe, might be next, instead of years away. 

Also... its not a coincidence that Grendel is getting a minor rework soon too. So two pronged effect. 

1 hour ago, Djpokemon1001 said:

I am excited about this, and I don't care what the frames look like, they are all amazing :)

Right on. If they all worked like they currently do, I'd be playing Warframe, even with the frames being rough collections of polygons more akin to something from the SNES era. As long as Voruna proves fun to use, she'll be a welcome addition to my arsenal.

On 2022-11-15 at 5:39 AM, Destroyer5005 said:

Grendel voidshell skin is coming on the next update... wtf... why didn't DE made the skins for the most used frames first??? WHY grendel ?!?!?

Precisely because he isn't used much most likely. Release a rework and a voidshell in the hopes people will roll with him more. 

On 2022-11-16 at 3:53 PM, VladYvhv said:

Psst... Credits and Endo are worth my time. Not all of us are swimming in those.

RJ, and PT are better sources for credits then the entirety of the game, along with Index. Endo is better gotten through arbitrations, and believe it or not, the harder arena missions on Sedna with a mod drop chance booster, and farming frames like Korha and Nekros. Credits and Endo drops outside of these are trash, and most drops on drop tables are filled with garbage purposely, and the amount of credits and endo doesn't scale with enemy levels like it would literally in any other game. The amounts they drop are literally a drop in the bucket compared to the amount needed to make things, let alone use them to upgrade mods. A prime mod alone will take 1.5-2 million credits, and 30k-40k Endo to max.

17 hours ago, (NSW)Master2873 said:

RJ, and PT are better sources for credits then the entirety of the game, along with Index. Endo is better gotten through arbitrations, and believe it or not, the harder arena missions on Sedna with a mod drop chance booster, and farming frames like Korha and Nekros. Credits and Endo drops outside of these are trash, and most drops on drop tables are filled with garbage purposely, and the amount of credits and endo doesn't scale with enemy levels like it would literally in any other game. The amounts they drop are literally a drop in the bucket compared to the amount needed to make things, let alone use them to upgrade mods. A prime mod alone will take 1.5-2 million credits, and 30k-40k Endo to max.

Not all people likes to do those stuffs. I liked when Eximus gave me like 30k-50k credits for simple mission. Now Eximus give me NOTHING.

I agree that stuffs like Endo/Credits or forma on uncommon relic slot is way to make us grind more. It's bad.

On 2022-11-16 at 4:43 PM, VladYvhv said:

Calendar seasons are often out of synch with meteorological seasons, and really need to be updated to properly reflect how the world works. Late November is often the real start of winter in the US and other places. Similarly, summer gets to my region around the first of June, but not officially till later. Trust the weather folks, not the calendar.

I think most people don't realize how the calendar works (so the official dates for the seasons) with the starts being the equinoxes and solstices.

I always thought a  more reasonable adjustment for the "official" seasons should place the equinoxes and solstices in the middle of the season.  So Dec 21 this year would be the middle of winter, instead of the start.  That would put winter 45ish days on either side, so starting around Nov 6 and ending around Feb 5 or so.  Where I live that may not quite be right with actual weather, but closer than the official (US midwest, so more likely around Nov 15 - 20 and ending Feb 15 - 20 is "weather appropriate" seasons).  We've already had a 1 inch snow here, so it's "winter".  And we very rarely get snow here from after mid Feb.

20 hours ago, quxier said:

Not all people likes to do those stuffs. I liked when Eximus gave me like 30k-50k credits for simple mission. Now Eximus give me NOTHING.

I agree that stuffs like Endo/Credits or forma on uncommon relic slot is way to make us grind more. It's bad.

A majority of these modes were designed to farm credits and such in mind. Only ones not so much I listed are, Rail Jack for credits, and the Sedna Arena missions for Endo.

With the right set up for Profit Taker, (Which is also a great source for higher tier debt bonds and toroids you'll need to level Little Duck) you can finish the mission with Chroma, and using his 4 when it's dying for a 60% to double the credit drops, and get 250k credits in mere minutes. Veil Proxima/T5 lands you about 100k+ creds per run in Rail Jack which is something I would recommend for making your RJ better with part/weapon drops, and leveling your intrinsics. Having and needing a RJ is also required for the story.

In short: I would recommend playing these for not just credits too personally.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Master2873 said:
On 2022-11-20 at 2:28 PM, quxier said:

A majority of these modes were designed to farm credits and such in mind. Only ones not so much I listed are, Rail Jack for credits, and the Sedna Arena missions for Endo.

With the right set up for Profit Taker, (Which is also a great source for higher tier debt bonds and toroids you'll need to level Little Duck) you can finish the mission with Chroma, and using his 4 when it's dying for a 60% to double the credit drops, and get 250k credits in mere minutes. Veil Proxima/T5 lands you about 100k+ creds per run in Rail Jack which is something I would recommend for making your RJ better with part/weapon drops, and leveling your intrinsics. Having and needing a RJ is also required for the story.

In short: I would recommend playing these for not just credits too personally.

That's great if you enjoy those nodes. I don't enjoy them.

I was agreeing with you that Endo, Credits and uncommon forma as only (more or less) reward is way to grind more. Like you get some endo but want Gyre blueprints. Or you want rare part but you get uncommon forma. I don't mean that things like PT are bad. They give you few different stuffs.

Archived