Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Next Update: Lua's Prey

[DE]Danielle

2 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

No mentioned changes at all to archon hunts or Break Narmer missions or damage attenuation or ammo changes?

Are there planned changes for those coming in Lua's Prey or was the dedicated sub-forum made specifically for providing feedback related to these areas for nothing?

Chill out, its only been a month? Overreacting, i mean let me put emphasis on a month... a month???? How in the world is a month too long for a rework? Let alone one trying to make rework with no best direction as most ideas will either heavily conflict with DE's wants or Ours??

They told us theyre thinking about re adding self damage, changing the way ammo mutation works, and are still searching for other effective compromises for limiting the power of AoE weapons to create a game they want.

Feedback isnt just about "look we all are crying so come do what i want 😭😭😭", youre supposed to be maturely providing solutions and trying to figure out multiple ways to make compromises with DE terms and what you want, like an adult, and not be upset if they say no sometimes because its their game and there could be a better compromise you arent thinking of yet.

Plus, Warframe is still a good game without spammable AoE weapons. Its not that big of deal, people are still having a good time, some are still enjoying AoE weapons and noticed that they havent even been nerfed that hard. So there isnt that much of a dire need to change it, we'll be here tomorrow, and more will be here after the update.

So chill n wait, its been a month and they have WAY BIGGER things theyre clearly working on.

Same to archon hunts 

2 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

No mentioned changes at all to archon hunts or Break Narmer missions or damage attenuation or ammo changes?

Are there planned changes for those coming in Lua's Prey or was the dedicated sub-forum made specifically for providing feedback related to these areas for nothing?

I have to agree with the following post as a response to this. Note that my comments following this quote are directed at you, not Frost_Nephilim. I'm quoting them because I think they've got a fair point.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Chill out, its only been a month? Overreacting, i mean let me put emphasis on a month???? How in the world is a month too long for a rework? Let alone one that doesnt have a best answer??

They told us theyre thinking about re adding self damage, changing the way ammo mutation works, and are still searching for other effective compromises for limiting the power of AoE weapons to create a game they want.

Feedback isnt about "look we all are crying so come do what i want 😭😭😭", supposed to be maturely providing solutions and trying to figure out multiple ways to make compromises with DE terms and what you want, like an adult and not be upset if they say no sometimes because its there game and tgere could be a better option you arent thinking of.

Plus, Warframe is still a good game without spammable AoE weapons. Its not that big of deal, people are still playing and having a good time, some are still enjoying it with AoE weapons slightly nerfed. So there isnt that much of a dire need to change it, we'll be here tomorrow, and more will be here after the update.

So chill n wait, its been a month and they have WAY BIGGER things theyre clearly working on.

Plus, DE seems to have done a fair job at trying to fix what they can in a timely manner, when given enough concise information to work with. If you read the sub-forum topics properly, you might see some info that those changes are planned to be coming in Lua's Prey because they were too big or too close to the hiatus time for hotfixes. DE is made up of humans. Humans are not perfect, and do need to balance real life and stuff like working on game development. Yes, sometimes goofs happen and need fixed. And I'm quite sure they want the game to be playable and enjoyable as much as we do. I'm going to say 2 words that a lot of gamers hate hearing, but really need to hear: Be Patient.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Chill out, its only been a month? Overreacting, i mean let me put emphasis on a month... a month???? How in the world is a month too long for a rework? Let alone one trying to make rework with no best direction as most ideas will either heavily conflict with DE's wants or Ours??

Feedback isnt just about "look we all are crying so come do what i want 😭😭😭", youre supposed to be maturely providing solutions and trying to figure out multiple ways to make compromises with DE terms and what you want, like an adult, and not be upset if they say no sometimes because its their game and there could be a better compromise you arent thinking of yet.

Plus, Warframe is still a good game without spammable AoE weapons. Its not that big of deal, people are still having a good time, some are still enjoying AoE weapons and noticed that they havent even been nerfed that hard. So there isnt that much of a dire need to change it, we'll be here tomorrow, and more will be here after the update.

Same to archon hunts 

Ummm I only asked a question? Not demanding that they look at all the changes or something.

I know about self-damage or whatnot and I am sure we will get more info about that. However, I hope that we don't just move onto looking forward into the next thing to nerf without first addressing feedback about the current systems that were recently changed. So that is why I am asking about it, better to ask about it rather than assume.

14 minutes ago, VladYvhv said:

Plus, DE seems to have done a fair job at trying to fix what they can in a timely manner, when given enough concise information to work with. If you read the sub-forum topics properly, you might see some info that those changes are planned to be coming in Lua's Prey because they were too big or too close to the hiatus time for hotfixes. DE is made up of humans. Humans are not perfect, and do need to balance real life and stuff like working on game development. Yes, sometimes goofs happen and need fixed. And I'm quite sure they want the game to be playable and enjoyable as much as we do. I'm going to say 2 words that a lot of gamers hate hearing, but really need to hear: Be Patient.

I do agree that DE has done a better job at fixing things in a timely manner and being more careful about what they have shown off compared to the past. I have chosen to ask this as a question in relation to the upcoming topic since I felt like it is relevant considering that this is the next major mainline update and think that it is fair if we were to get any changes it would most likely be then. 

2 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Isn't that basically what Duviri is gonna be? Interesting to see whether it's gonna stand on its own, or be another Failjack. But yea I'd play operators over Kahl any day. Having Void Dash Spiderman Sling goes a long way to make a bad clumsy movement system into a decent one (still not as good as Warframe obviously).

Tbh I'm not interested in the quest I'm interested what happens after that, idm if it ends up being it`s own thing but operators need to be able to use (void) melee, if the drifters are able to use melee then I don`t see why operators can`t,

While I wanted to see something like a grapple to be a thing, I wanted it for the drifter not the operator but before any of the happens, operator/drifter need better mobility, even another character's dialog mentions how capable the operators are, not as good as a warframe but better than a normal human (above average).

3 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Chill out, its only been a month? Overreacting, i mean let me put emphasis on a month... a month????

I'd like to emphasize that it's been 2 months.  Cause, you know, it has been.  Sept 7 (Hunts) and Sept 14 (Kahl).  Today is Nov 10.

Damage attenuation is terrible.  The feedback was immediate, and DE said they'd work on it almost as immediately.  I think 2 months isn't unreasonable (for other games, at least).

Kahl's missions - not a single update has had them just...work.  Bugs every time.  Initially the collections - need 5, spawn 5 - but maybe one of those spawns where you can't get to it.  Archgun doesn't work.  Boss fights don't track properly.

Ammo - I'm guessing it's here to stay as is.  I personally don't care, as I don't use ammo.  Others do.

6 hours ago, AurumApocrypha said:

Yareli is one of my favorite frames, both visually and gameplay.  It makes me sad that both the community and DE show her so little love.  I hope these changes will bring at least some renewed interest in her.

Well that’s what happens when a frame is bad.

All she has is crowd control and poorly scaling damage. Pair that with merulina being more annoying than helpful and you’ve got a frame that people have no real reason to use.

We know what the changes are, and they won’t be enough to increase interest in her. The best thing she’s getting is effectively just turning her 4 into Vortex. But more CC on a frame that already has CC isn’t really a good idea.

And honestly Yareli’s getting more attention from DE than every frame released after her. Meanwhile Caliban, Gyre and Styanax are just rotting away in mediocrity. And all 3 of them are far easier fixes than Yareli.

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

With the exception of Nintendo Switch, which has already been on a Hotfix hiatus since Tuesday.

Why? You continue to push out untested, and unpolished "content", and then you refuse to fix it in a timely manner after driving THOUSANDS of users crazy, then make YOUR job HARDER because issues go unresolved, and you create more work for yourself to not only fix the bugs, like more Kahl challenges still being broken, but now have to make a lengthy script to give everyone what they should have earned the first time running it?

Yeah. This sounds smart... Taking one step forward, while forcing yourselves to take 3 back, then more while leaving stuff unfixed... At the rate cross play comes out, there won't be a community left on some consoles due to your neglect to fix actual issues... If it EVER does come out since you can't be assed to make updates go live at the same time anymore. If you go back to the old, we'll hotfix this later and release it MONTHS later, like you did before, you'll NEVER get cross play finished, let alone compatible.

Hopefully all this bridge burning is worth it for Souls Frame, which is the only reason why we're seeing mobile versions, and cross play potentially come out...

7 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

I'd like to emphasize that it's been 2 months

He thinks its so much worse cause its been 2 months, not 1! Count them, 2

Laughing Man Lol GIF

and hunts and khal missions are still playable, theyve repayed us stock for a really broken bug, keep releasing tons of bug fixes, and dont have a good system set up yet for DA cause like i said with ammo, no effective compromises found and bigger things. They used to think like you, rush stuff out in a month, it back fired because the game isnt as simple as something like call of duty where just one gun may need balancing. 

I aint responding to anymore post cause i dont think people responding are over 18 or has any idea how complicated game design can be. Cant even know the bare minimum to be talking about 2 months for a difficult balance change. In Warframe's current state id expect 7 months to a year to come up with an effective compromisable idea thats perfect and is the best they could come up with. New ideas still rise to the surface within 2 months, and so do issues with those ideas that may prevent them from working out. Its not a simple solution to the issue they described, and ive seen NO 1 suggest a single idea that doesnt create issues too, just crying.

Anyways, im out

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV

I think DE's experienced enough to know how to handle this, they remembered past mistakes and know not to rush things out now. Same people crying to rush them will be the same people crying when the update "feels too rushed! Look at all these bugs, i dont like self damage! 😭", aint no winning in that foolishness

Adios

11 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Feedback isnt just about "look we all are crying so come do what i want 😭😭😭", youre supposed to be maturely providing solutions and trying to figure out multiple ways to make compromises with DE terms and what you want, like an adult

we-dont-do-that-here-black-panther.gif

OT: Is self-damage going to be reimplemented in this update? I'm very cautiously optimistic to see how it'll turn out!

Archived