Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ugh. noticed they snuck Spy missions into Archon Hunts :(

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

How do you guys feel about Spy anywhere in the game??  What about in places we visit often like Sorties and Archon Hunts??   

Spy missions on their own can be pretty fun.  Great way to earn Cephalon Symaris Standing or Focus,  or even just to play differently.

But when they make Spy a part of other missios I really hate it.   Theres many options for spy... but its just annoying to have to switch my frame while trying to do Sorties or Archon Hunts.  People dont even want to wait for you to load out of a mission before starting the next one little lone for someone to change frames or weapons.

Its just funny we had those 3-5 weeks of archon hunts with no spy missions ever while they knocked out bugs and then as soon as they were happy with it they tossed spy missions into the mix.   I hear complaints about the 2 rounds of defense/intercept/etc we have to do

------------

Whats DE's reasoning here??   To dissuade people from running content sometimes??  To make people get better at content everyone avoids to begin with (Like if everyone CAN do spy missions then everyone WILL do spy missions??)  Both of those reasons are crap and flawed...

I don't mind spy missions, actually. I prefer to do Spy missions solo, cos I will usually take my Rest & Rage Loki to go proper-stealth through everything alongside my Daikyu. Don't gotta worry about enemies spotting you between Invisibility casts if they're asleep!

Personally, I'm glad spy is an option.  

16 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Whats DE's reasoning here??   To dissuade people from running content sometimes??  To make people get better at content everyone avoids to begin with (Like if everyone CAN do spy missions then everyone WILL do spy missions??)  Both of those reasons are crap and flawed...

To mix things up?  To allow the possibility for people who enjoy Spy?

23 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

How do you guys feel about Spy anywhere in the game??

Too fast, too easy.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

What about in places we visit often like Sorties and Archon Hunts?? 

Still too fast and too easy. Whenever i see them in Sorties i feel like its a "Skip mission".

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Spy missions on their own can be pretty fun.  Great way to earn Cephalon Symaris Standing or Focus,  or even just to play differently.

This.

So this is why I actually like high level spy missions. I don't have to bring my "kill" frames/weapons, and can instead bring some random rubbish to earn som easy affinity.

Admittedly, I do use the helminth ability to hack the consoles (my brain hurts immensely with the narmer hacks, I use inverse controls by default and these hacks just annoy me to no end).

Edit: (for PC players benefit) the Change loadout button on the navigation screen is also the same button as the accept/start timer button, which desperately needs to be changed. Smh, DE.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

How do you guys feel about Spy anywhere in the game??  What about in places we visit often like Sorties and Archon Hunts??   

But when they make Spy a part of other missios I really hate it.   Theres many options for spy... but its just annoying to have to switch my frame while trying to do Sorties or Archon Hunts.  People dont even want to wait for you to load out of a mission before starting the next one little lone for someone to change frames or weapons.

Its just funny we had those 3-5 weeks of archon hunts with no spy missions ever while they knocked out bugs and then as soon as they were happy with it they tossed spy missions into the mix.   I hear complaints about the 2 rounds of defense/intercept/etc we have to do

------------

How are you complaining this week when the spy was last week?

31 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I don't mind spy missions, actually. I prefer to do Spy missions solo, cos I will usually take my Rest & Rage Loki to go proper-stealth through everything alongside my Daikyu. Don't gotta worry about enemies spotting you between Invisibility casts if they're asleep!

But how do you feel about spy in Sorties/Archon Hunts?

If you're at the point you can be doing them in Archon Hunts, then you should already be able to do them in your sleep. I'm a little more forgiving to Sorties since that's the first difficulty/challenge spike people face

I'll gladly take an easy-going Spy mission over something awful like Archon Defense or Interception. They're not impossible, but the constant barrage gives me whiplash

I dont mind it too terribly, as long as they're closer to standard spy missions, which they have been as far as I can tell. They're higher level which is a bit of a pain, but if killing is optional then I can just sleep 'em and run away.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

To mix things up?  To allow the possibility for people who enjoy Spy?

Indeed. If anyone's keeping count for the past 13 Hunts, Mobile Defense (Stage 1) and Defense (Stage 2) are the most frequent gamemodes seen in Archon Hunts. For Stage 2's random endless gamemode:

• Defense: 7
  • Interception: 4
  • Disruption: 1
  • Survival: 1

As for the first non-endless gamemodes, so far Exterminate and Spy were featured only once compared to Rescue and especially Mobile Defense.

I personally like it over others like the god awful mobile defense. 

Any frame is able to complete a spy mission and it is a challenge without it being such a major hinderance to the overall efficiency of the gamemode. So I think it is one of the more underrated gamemodes out there. I can easily take my Titania into it, Nyx if doing Sisters, or Wukong if I feelin' up it. Rarely would I take an invis frame into it. 

Still able to be failed and able to have such failures be mitigated rather than having it be fail city or an easy cakewalk. 

I don't if others switch frames to deal with it, I switch all the time as well.

I can see why people dislike it over others given the lower enemy density, pathing issues or others failing it for you.  I also don't mind if people drop out and go solo or not do it for certain types of missions like fissures/sorties for example, perfectly fine by me. Spy doesn't have to be everyone's cup of tea. 

3 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Admittedly, I do use the helminth ability to hack the consoles (my brain hurts immensely with the narmer hacks, I use inverse controls by default and these hacks just annoy me to no end).

Haha, same.  I feel cognitively impaired doing those hacks.  Like I know the concept is simple, and I eventually got them down when doing New War, but my neurons just start wildly misfiring when I encounter them after not seeing them for a while.    The last spy I held Perspicacity in reserve, and failed all but two of the manual hacks.

14 hours ago, Duality52 said:

For Stage 2's random endless gamemode:

• Defense: 7
  • Interception: 4
  • Disruption: 1
  • Survival: 1

Currently, the missions appear to be drawn from the pool of missions available on that planet - if that holds true, Defense and Interception are going to be over-represented because they're the only endless types available on all 3 planets, and so are always in the pool to be chosen.

I love spy missions! I have always done things solo and never change my Warframe, so I have every spy challenge memorized to the point of almost guaranteed success. (Except Uranus, or when I just have an "I'm awful at everything" day) I like going into a mission feeling like it's an open world. I can explore, loot, battle, and leave whenever I want.

The kind of missions I do not like are things like Defense. Investing all that time into the mission, unable to move around and explore the map, minimal loot to gather, and one mistake or bug can fail the entire mission. It's a lot of time imprisoned in one tile, little payout, and constant stress.

For Sorties/Hunts especially, I love them even more. For instance, an Eximus Stronghold in a Sortie is a great focus/affinity/riven farm (spy missions have less alerted enemies, so you can REALLY bank some focus if you're sly enough); I can spend the first 7 or so minutes getting the data, and then farm as much as I want before leaving. Archon hunts are great too because I just want to get to stage 3 as soon as possible.

On 2022-11-29 at 9:42 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

but its just annoying to have to switch my frame while trying to do Sorties or Archon Hunts.

it literally takes me less than 5 seconds to click change loadout and  double click my "spy" loadout. this should never take you any longer than that unless in the very rare case of spy being bundled with a rimary weapon restriction that isnt the weapon you're already using.

i switch loadouts like that before pretty much every single mission.

On 2022-11-29 at 4:23 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Any mission is better than a defense in sorties/hunts.  Defenses are just too long - they should be 5 waves and start at current wave 6 difficulty.  And not have a braindead AI.

Spies give me a reason to use my Persipacity (spelling?) + augmented Ivara.  That makes them cake in sorties/hunts.

I never switch my Warframe to do Spy missions... I know the layout of most Spy tilesets to run in for the console and if not that, I have my Operator to get past cameras. I don't mind Archon Spy. Was nice to have an Archon mission that didn't last 10 plus minutes for once. More short Archon Missions is very much appreciated. 

Archived