Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHAL missions are total Chores

White_Matter

I'd like to start a petition to free the Archon shard locked behind the chorefest that is called Khal weekly.  Seriously, I can't bring myself to do Khal's weekly mission now. First couple of times it was ok but got boring real quick. Do you guys think is there a way to make this mini content island remotely entertaining in the future ? Or should they just let us get the shard by other means?

My only issues with them is they are too repetitive, always the same tilesets, same objectives, some like the "Get 5 kills in 3 seconds" one you shouldnt even bother doing, it either completes its self by your followers managing to do the kills for you or you just forget it because actually attempting it is annoying as F.

18 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Do you guys think is there a way to make this mini content island remotely entertaining in the future ?

Tons of ideas, but the question is will DE listen and implement anything while their next content island is on the horizon.

27 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

My only issues with them is they are too repetitive,

I think that is everyones issue. I mean, that alone is a huge issue(has been a big issue for most content islands but this one easily takes the cake). You are basically doing the exact same 3 missions the exact same way with the exact same guy. 

edit :

25 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Tons of ideas, but the question is will DE listen and implement anything while their next content island is on the horizon.

I think it is DE's job to listen to them. The community exists for that reason. I think further customizations to Khal(and/or adding new Grineer characters with different abilities) would be a good start as well as a couple of other new missions and random generated levels with more random elements so that the player doesn't feel like they are doing the exact same thing. Granted, it is once per week but still. 

Just wish they would move them to let' say a weekly run of the Murex encounter in Railjack (when you break the crystal at the end )... It would give RJ some actual traffic instead of being a dead gamemode, and would remove the chore of running Kahl missions weekly. As for Kahl mission, give Kahl his jetpack and all his weapons at the start of each mission, keep the current rewards, but replace the Archon shards with purchasable packs of 30000 Endo / 30000 Kuva, maybe a weekly riven purchase, that way the 12 people that enjoy running it weekly can keep playing it and the rest of us can move on to other content islands that involve warframes and not slowly exploring every nook and crannies of a huge map only to mess up the timed 15 minute challenge, only to have to redo it a second  time.

16 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Do you guys think is there a way to make this mini content island remotely entertaining in the future ?

No...

They need to either add a lot of missions (a pool of 3 scenarios is absolutely ridiculous for a farming game), or completely redo Khal's missions to be somewhat randomized, you know, like most warframe content.

But since DE's model is to drop & forget content islands, none of that will happen.

My major gripe is that there aren't more of them ,

I enjoyed the first three , and i was hoping there would be a bit more variety than having to play the exact same mission each time.

The reason the rest of warframe still remains relatively "non stale" is cause of the way tilesets are progressively generated.

If they generate a new tileset every week that would be an more palatable change i think. I don't have an issue with the core gameplay itself.

there is no guarantee putting more work into this will make it any less repetitive so I expect them todo nothing!

what I said a while ago there needs to be an option or something to just let the mission auto complete for a small amount of stock in the mail, enough to buy the gem that also locks you out of doing his mission for the current week.

Honestly at this point I agree, it's a pain in the ass but if I want to upgrade my most used frames with at least standard archon shards in any reasonable timeframe I have to do Kahl missions. I'd love if there was an alternative (preferably including warframes), but we could return to Kahl missions when we felt like it. 

On 2022-12-16 at 11:53 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

The schizophrenia of the player base. Some players don't even consider regular shards to be a reward, while others feel  like they are forced to play a mode to get more shards.

What's a DE to do?

Damn, millions of people might have more than one opinion, what a surprise. 

The answer to your question is actually pretty easy: Let the people who don't care about shards (group a) to get on with whatever they're doing, and do a simple change for the people who are tired of doing kahl missions (group b), i.e. letting you earn stock in normal wf missions - a change that doesn't require much manpower, and lets them get back to doing stuff for the entire playerbase, including for group a. 

Archived