Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Found some decent (I think) female drifter faces.

Mazp

I've been playing around with female drifter faces before Duviri Paradox and I think I've found some decent ones, not the best, but always something.

013 - 06 - .73 https://imgur.com/a/Xccq77c

013 - 02 - .76 https://imgur.com/a/9NTb74h

08 - 06 - from .70 to .80 https://imgur.com/a/GcWxTqo

06 - 03 - .29 https://imgur.com/a/P8Qaf5i

02 - 03 - .47 https://imgur.com/a/guENL73

06 - 02 - from .45 to .60  https://imgur.com/a/9d2lBZn

03 - 02 - .75 https://imgur.com/a/OPj4ocp

Yep, 06-02 at .45 is what I have as well. Not because I particularly like it, but because I want my Drifter to bear at least some resemblance to my Operator.

Even though for some reason the two renditions of the same face differ a lot. Why is Drifter's jaw so much larger? Were those Zariman nutrient bars so tough to chew on? We'll never know.

It's like the Drifter is more like  Operator's elder sibling than literally the same person

You know what would be nice? If there are Chinese, Japanese, Russian, North American, African or any other cultural race attributes on such faces customization. 

I think the palette of options should allow any type of race in the game. The capacity of having racial diversity should happen more often on these games. 

Either way, those are good customizations, Mazp. 

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

7BMuaFT.png

He looks great. I especially like the eyes/hair color combination. Somehow male Drifter faces also look nicer in general than female ones.

Also

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

There's only 5 male operators/drifters out there.

that would've been at least one more if DE weren't so unwilling to add multiple configuration slots for appearances. I still have my male Operator configuration saved somewhere as a bunch of screenshots waiting for its time.

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

You know what would be nice? If there are Chinese, Japanese, Russian, North American, African or any other cultural race attributes on such faces customization.

This particularly irks me, because SOME primary faces take dark skin tones very well, while others make dark skin tones look oddly pale and washed out.

1 hour ago, emmyemi said:

This particularly irks me, because SOME primary faces take dark skin tones very well, while others make dark skin tones look oddly pale and washed out.

True. 

I think this is important if we expect DE be more international. Either way face options needs a passover or review and so body types with physical attributes like we do on other game when we customize our characters. Up to now the level of customization could be way better with options for those who wants particular choices. 

I'll show my Female Drifter, but the Male Drifter will replace her once the new Update comes out, I want that sweet sweet male hair on my face (The reason why I didn't do male to start, was because of no facial hair) and I like the Male Voice from the Demo. (My male drifter is gonna be pretty much the same as the Demo One)

Shina-Oro-Templar-Tau-Zia

I don't want to sound harsh but the customization options is way too basic. At least we should have a better set of customizable characters. I know that would be too much but for many years we had almost the same thing. 

A good update on body types, face customization, clothes and pose animation would be greatly appreciated. 

20 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I don't want to sound harsh but the customization options is way too basic. At least we should have a better set of customizable characters. I know that would be too much but for many years we had almost the same thing. 

A good update on body types, face customization, clothes and pose animation would be greatly appreciated. 

Yes, it is, and I would much appreciate if they add that.

Though I think the reason for the basic face customization system we have is extensive facial animation and lip sync we have in quests. In many games where character creation is more advanced, they usually have the player character either mute, or their voice reduced to a couple grunts and exclamations.

Well, they may figure out something about it eventually, but knowing DE, I'm not so sure.

The body types and idle animations though - there I will give them no excuse. Where's my body customisation, DE?

1 hour ago, ant99999 said:

Yes, it is, and I would much appreciate if they add that.

Though I think the reason for the basic face customization system we have is extensive facial animation and lip sync we have in quests. In many games where character creation is more advanced, they usually have the player character either mute, or their voice reduced to a couple grunts and exclamations.

Well, they may figure out something about it eventually, but knowing DE, I'm not so sure.

The body types and idle animations though - there I will give them no excuse. Where's my body customisation, DE?

lmao...

True, implementing new stuff is a technical nightmare and thousands of hours tweaking the detains. Warframe IS an incredible complex subject. I can't imagine all the cascade effect that such implementations would cause for the rest of the game. It requires almost an entire infrastructure for it. Implementing more details means more information through the tube and more things that may go wrong. 

facial animation in itself is a COMPLETE discipline. So is motion capture and keyframing. ufff, that thing takes insane amount of work to pull it off. I've seen studios making animations for the characters and those actors working their butt off for realistic animations. It's not that easy as people may think. 

Every time I open my mouth asking for new things, I should think more than twice on the implications and how much work those things requires. As you said at the end of the post body types means reconstruction of all the clothes, physics of textiles, stretching of suits and parametric adjustments on the fly. It's just insane even if we think that such task looks easy

I DO want body customization and clothes. Tennos and drifters should have a strong body type. Those dudes takes a lot of damage and whooping in battle. :3. 

Anyway, the face customization got better with age but is still just not enough. I mean, come on DE, some more customization features may get people build their own characters. 

I am thinking of a fat tenno....lol, that would be meme worthy. 

Archived