The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Lato Vandal

With Duviri, we'll be getting new Incarnon forms for weapons already in the game. One of them being the Lato. And I thought, that would make for a good incentive to get myself Lato Vandal from ESO. But since I mostly play with randoms - when I'm not running solo - getting the parts proves to be a bit difficult with people dropping out of the activity after Zone 4.

Which is why I've been thinking about what I could do to get to Zone 8 solo.

ANd since I'm not smart enough to make my own builds, at least not builds good enough for anything but casual content, I want to ask for ideas from others (even if I'm ashamed to do so)

Try making a Khora for solo 8 rounds of ESO. Lots and lots of fun! This is how I grinded ESO for those Vandal parts.

Saryn is another popular option! But I suspect Khora is a lot more fun for this.

EDIT: Let me know if you want my Khora build... but keep in mind, I tend to do my own thing. So my Khora builds are very different than what you probably find as "meta". Mine was specifically designed for 8 rounds of solo ESO.

Gerade eben schrieb nslay:

Try making a Khora for solo 8 rounds of ESO. Lots and lots of fun! This is how I grinded ESO for those Vandal parts.

Saryn is another popular option! But I suspect Khora is a lot more fun for this.

You have any builds/loadouts for them?

I'm bad at coming up with suitable builds on my owm.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

You have any builds/loadouts for them?

I'm bad at coming up with suitable builds on my owm.

Below is what I used to use. This is a Naramon Khora with Power Spike maxed. I also have Protea's Dispensary infused over Venari for this purpose.

Big theme here is energy redundancy. We have Equilibrium/Synth mods, Energy Generator, Arcane Energize, Rakta Dark Dagger syndicate effect, Though since Eximus drop health orbs and energy orbs, you don't need as much redundancy now.

Spoiler

SBqnexp.jpg

Now instead of Rakta Dark Dagger, I now use a Slam build of Praedos to build Combo significantly faster.

Anyway, what I do when I enter a new zone, I Ensnare an enemy and then build combo up to at least 6x by manually meleeing the ball of enemies (or Ground Slamming with Praedos). Then, being careful with my energy economy, I place Strangledomes up in specific places with lots of spawns and then I wait for enemies spawn and get trapped by moving across the map between the two Strangledomes. When a Strangledome gets filled up, I use Whipclaw to kill all the trapped enemies, relying mostly on Slash procs and Accumulating Whipclaw.

EDIT: If you don't have Adaptation, you can instead use Health Conversion from Simaris (this build already leverages health orbs a lot). And if you don't have Verglas, you can use Helstrum or Cryotra with a similar mod setup (100% Gas status). The sentinel spreads the synth effects better than Venari... which generates lots of health orbs.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

Any suggestions for a build?

I focus on range, some efficency, some power if possible (perosnally I also use duration but apparently it's not adviced). I also use survability with mods and other tools (mainly a Furis with Winds of Purity for heals, but you can use whatever you have at hand for it like sentinels, vulpahylas, etc).

Can't recommend you specific mods, but try to get Adaptation if possible.

30 минут назад, (PSN)KyomaSatomi сказал:

Any suggestions for a build?

Max range and some strength (for her 4). You don't need high duration, since you'll be using mostly her 1 and 4. I don't think you'll need a lot of survivability mods (vitality is enough), if you'll be going for wave 8 - the enemies aren't dangerous enough at this point yet. Use Arcane energize for energy restore.

As for focus schools: I'd use either Madurai or Zenurik. Madurai's sling strength giver free 40% ability strength, and Zenurik's Hardened Wellspring gives 20% free ability strength and restores 5 energy/s.

Saryn has Regenerative Molt, if you want an augment for healing. Plus Molt will naturally draw aggro away from you.

Sadly the Lato Vandal is nothing special. Maybe the incarnon thing will change that, but I'm cautious about hyping it up for myself.

4 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I want to ask for ideas from others (even if I'm ashamed to do so)

don't be ashamed! everyone needs help sometimes.. most people in the community will gladly help you, and we've all had to ask these questions ourselves at some point.

personally I like my maim equinox build, mainly modded for strength and range: pop maim at the start of the round, let the damage rack up, then at about 5 seconds to go, press again to dish out the accumulated damage across the room. it's pretty fun and you can get a few % back each time sd you move into the next area. Saryn is also a popular choice, you just need to keep Spores spread across the room: there's an art to doing it right, but when you do, it's totally busted.

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Sadly the Lato Vandal is nothing special.

say what chris rock GIF

not sure what you did to yours, but my Lato Vandal is a very strong crit handgun: for those with the patience to aim it's amazing, and it also has high riven disposition: Lato Rivens are not that expensive from what I've seen and I have one with over 300% raw damage on it, makes me feel like John Wick, even on Steel Path. compared to the regular Lato it's in another class entirely. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Pakaku:

Sadly the Lato Vandal is nothing special. Maybe the incarnon thing will change that, but I'm cautious about hyping it up for myself

At least, I can put another entry into my collections, no matter if the gun is good for combat or not.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb (PSN)robotwars7:

don't be ashamed! everyone needs help sometimes.. most people in the community will gladly help you, and we've all had to ask these questions ourselves at some point.

I just have this attitude that I feel I have failed at a task when I can't get it done on my own.

1 hour ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

Looks like I need more galvanized mods.

And you could pull it off with 2 less Forma even with all max mods. No need to Forma the exilus slot (pay the penalty for mismatched polarity) nor the Scorch slot.

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

not sure what you did to yours, but my Lato Vandal is a very strong crit handgun: for those with the patience to aim it's amazing, and it also has high riven disposition: Lato Rivens are not that expensive from what I've seen and I have one with over 300% raw damage on it, makes me feel like John Wick, even on Steel Path. compared to the regular Lato it's in another class entirely. 

It's a decent pistol with a great disposition, and I like my semi-auto single target guns, but I'd consider it only B+ at most. It's not incredibly amazing for the amount of work and time it takes to earn one, and there are easier pistols to get with better stats. It also has my least favourite gun mechanic in the game: a high-fire rate semi-auto trigger that requires spamming the fire button to get good DPS.

10 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Best way to get lato vandal is to farm plat and buy it off players, it's 10x faster, the abysmal drop rate will drive you insane.

This is the way. You can try to farm some of the part (only receiver after multiple 8 wave/c rotation ESO for me) and buy the rest. Unless you want to farm focus too, then there's no efficient method.

Like others have mentioned, Saryn with a good melee works wonders (building for as much range, then a lil strength and a lil duration), main strategy is to just let your spores do the work. A weapon thats good at popping spores helps too, Nukopr is decent, I like Lesion melee. Having a good high damage weapon for enemies you want to die faster (Eximus to get energy or health). I really like Regenerative Molt. For survival, gives a decent speed boost, which helps on larger tile sets/maps, etc. 

Zephyr, Mag, Protea, Xaku I also find great. Can depend a little on the map though. Like larger maps, some of them might struggle. 

RNG can be tough, so its good to remember to level up Focus too if you haven't maxed out your schools. ESO is also a decent source of Radiant Relics too. 

Good luck! 

Use a Saryn with max range, very high strength, whatever duration you can scrap together and no efficiency, Helminth Roar over Molt and use Zenurik, Kuva Ogris and a Furax for the amalgam mod with whatever secondary.

Killing is your only survivability but this is about the best set up for solo focus farming as you wait for that 2% drop chance.

On 4/9/2023 at 1:57 PM, vanaukas said:

Saryn trivializes ESO so much that it's harder not falling asleep IRL than reaching zone 8

I was going to say this. I've literally fallen asleep running ESO as Saryn once. Just build range and avoid going too negative on strength and she's god tier.

Volt is also a good choice, I dislike him myself so you'd have to find a build elsewhere.

Archived