Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It takes almost half a year to collect all the incarnon adapters- Timegated FOMO is the wrong direction for WF

Kaiga

16 hours ago, Felsagger said:

No other developer forces me how I should play and consume the game they build

Try destiny and tell me if they're not dictating you how to play with champion mods, one drop a week, utterly crap drop rate and audio bug that is still not fixed until now and you have to turn off some part of the game as a "fix"

9 hours ago, CatboyPrincess said:

yeah. it's the player's decision if they wanna binge the game or not. that's the point -- moving more of the control of the pacing into the hands of the player.

With the mental condition of some Tenno, especially content creator? Not a good idea

17 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Please tell me how placing excessive timegates for the acquisition of the items in new released content doesn't make it a "second job"?

You uhm kinda answered that yourself by using the phrase timegate. It in essence limits the time you can spend on the game, leaving less room for it to be addicting and resulting in shorter bursts of gameplay over a longer period of time, with guaranteed loot to boot in this case. A "second job" game would be something with severe RNG drops, like asian MMOs, or games that promote using DKP systems in organized groups, where people effectively "work" through their dedication and attendance towards/together with their core group.

9 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:
10 hours ago, quxier said:

And why is that we beat it in 1 week? Maybe problem is not how fast we beat it but IN LACK OF CONTENT?

DE can pump out as much content as they like, but it'll never be enough, because we're broken OP and can very easily blitz through anything they give us. I don't think you understand the sheer amount of content they would actually have to make that their limited team can possibly produce to keep us occupied for any length of time.

What they need is to slow us down, and because everyone gets upset whenever they even think of the word "nerf", they're going to instead pad out game time in other ways.

1 hour ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
12 hours ago, quxier said:

And why is that we beat it in 1 week? Maybe problem is not how fast we beat it but IN LACK OF CONTENT?

You can put 2 new weapons for every single node on the star chart (roughly 400 weapons) and someone would clear it in one day or two then goes back to complaining "there's nothing to do". We have tons of content already, most games have only a fraction of what Warframe has and usually you don't stray far from that, only twisted a bit such as the amount of player in a team and such.

*Me doing 30 minutes -1hours session in Zariman when update hits my PC* :3

You are looking only at one part of equation.

First, we are broken with certain gear. Sure. What can they do? Add enemies that expect us to do something else than out damage them. What they shouldn't do is to just add some sort of damage reduction or increase enemy's damage. Archon hunts are like this. Archon & co has so many damage that you are semi forced to use immortality in some sort. To kill it you don't use certain tactics. You just pick some kind of "good weapon/buffs" (e.g. Roar, school with % damage boost, Hek etc).

Secondly, missions don't have to be "kill X enemies for short time". It could be something that you cannot just avoid with big enough "gun". Already mentioned Zariman took me 30 minutes to 1 hour. You know why? Exploration. I've been looking for sound tapes and checking all tilesets for secrets. I've once done 1 hour session to find what is that button that does "nothing". There could be even some kind of user generated content.

Thirdly, rewards should be more than reskined weapons/frames. They should have something "new". They should have synergies. They shouldn't lock you from certain usages.

You have Tenet Exec with "wave feature". Nice, you can play with it. However what you can do with that wave? Make it travel faster? Do more waves (only normal vs heavy)? Proc some kind of status? There is not many things that you can do with that feature.

You have Styanax' 4th. What you can do? Just aim. Before you could cast other abilities (even Helminths'!) that made it more interesting. Xaku used to be able to disarm enemies all the time. Now you just grab guns and cast some armor strip and let enemies melt.

You have Kahl's Machete with +6 seconds. Yes, it's just +6 seconds. No synergy with Lavos status duration. No synergy with +100ish mod duration. Just +6 seconds.

After acquiring certain gear you should use it to master it. When you have reskined things you just go "it has 25% crit? Let's add more crit" kind of things that you have done HUNDRED TIMES and that you can do it IN SECONDS.

12 hours ago, quxier said:

You can put 2 new weapons for every single node on the star chart (roughly 400 weapons) and someone would clear it in one day or two then goes back to complaining "there's nothing to do". We have tons of content already, most games have only a fraction of what Warframe has and usually you don't stray far from that, only twisted a bit such as the amount of player in a team and such.

To add some more info to just you. That's their problem if they do all 200 nodes per few days.

1 hour ago, TheMostFrench said:

Yes, exactly this. The developer is PROTECTING and OVEREXTENDING the acquisition of the new content telling me how I should play their game. 

No other developer forces me how I should play and consume the game they build. 

Yes, a lot of other developers force you to play their game in a certain way:

You are missing one point: "overextending". It means to prolong something.

- Some games force you to level up or find special keys/items before you can enter new areas, or increase specific stats before you can use stronger items and weapons. If you don't have the right stats then you can't use certain weapons. If you want particularly good items, you sometimes have to fight against stronger enemies and hope they drop what you need, but if they don't give you what you wanted you might have to start the whole game again. This even happens in single player games.

- Many games are linear or follow instructions; they force you to complete each mission or objective in a specific order before you move onto the next one. If you don't follow the instructions properly, you fail and have to start again. If they want to make it harder they add even more objectives and might even force you to complete them within a time limit.

Not many games I've played force me to play for random amount of time for a single item. I go do "this mission" I get "that item" kind of things.

Of course games with overextended content exist but I try to avoid it as they may not be good.

- Some games only give you special rewards if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty, get the high score, or finish the entire game within a certain amount of time. Sometimes these harder difficulty modes can only be unlocked by completing the game once (e.g Devil May Cry series). Getting higher scores or completing harder difficulty modes requires you to use special techniques that aren't written down anywhere or explained during the tutorials, but something that you figure out while playing. They literally force you to play the game in a certain way to beat it.

That's different kind of overextending content. It's meant for certain kind of people. I can beat Mario with few lives, powerups etc. Beating Mario with 1 live, no powerups, not getting coins is challenge that I can take. It's optional.

Feel free to find a free to play game that offers as much as Warframe while requiring as little time as Warframe to get something because it's more likely to be none

Free to play doesn't mean it can stops being a game.

21 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Please tell me how placing excessive timegates for the acquisition of the items in new released content doesn't make it a "second job"?

You uhm kinda answered that yourself by using the phrase timegate. It in essence limits the time you can spend on the game, leaving less room for it to be addicting and resulting in shorter bursts of gameplay over a longer period of time, with guaranteed loot to boot in this case. A "second job" game would be something with severe RNG drops, like asian MMOs, or games that promote using DKP systems in organized groups, where people effectively "work" through their dedication and attendance towards/together with their core group.

To be honest I'm not sure what can be more addicting. Timegates or "asian style mmo".

However timegates still can hook you into playing. Thing changes every day? I need to play it daily. With increasing number of timegates there are more hooks, increasing time of play.

3 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Try destiny and tell me if they're not dictating you how to play with champion mods, one drop a week, utterly crap drop rate and audio bug that is still not fixed until now and you have to turn off some part of the game as a "fix"

I don't play much video game lately. 

I got rid 95 percent of my hard copies, gave them for free and shared with other users who likes video games. 343i, Bungie and many other developers are not my interest anymore. I distanced myself from 343i Halo Infinite, Destiny 2, Overwatch and so on. 

I sometimes visit this game just for few hours only friday. 

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

True. 

On one thing we both agree. The individual should be responsible of his/her time. Investing time in work, education and family is way better than debating if a game could be worse or better. Anyway Ervin, have a good morning. I'll let the thread follow its own course. Carry on. 

3 hours ago, TheMostFrench said:

Yes, a lot of other developers force you to play their game in a certain way:

Well If I don't spend 70 dollars on their IP they can't do that. Or if I don't turn on the ps5, ps4 or PC developers has zero force over my decisions. :P

I choose the offering always. In Horizon Zero Dawn there was a style of gameplay that I was interested. The same with Ragnarok, Batman Arkham Knight, Spider Man Series, Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro and now in August Armored Core VI, fires of the Rubicon. But I think I'll not get that this year. I know the offering off the bat and I can see youtube videos for the whole playthrough. 

- Some games force you to level up or find special keys/items before you can enter new areas, or increase specific stats before you can use stronger items and weapons. If you don't have the right stats then you can't use certain weapons. If you want particularly good items, you sometimes have to fight against stronger enemies and hope they drop what you need, but if they don't give you what you wanted you might have to start the whole game again. This even happens in single player games.

I like Chess for one reason. The game pushes you to the max. It forces you plan ahead and rebuild possible scenarios. It tests how naive I am and I like that. Knowing that there are players smarter than me makes the game the best ever. The game teaches you to be humble and thoughtful. The game doesn't make me feel special. The game teaches me to be patient, analytic, academic, measured among many other things. 

- Many games are linear or follow instructions; they force you to complete each mission or objective in a specific order before you move onto the next one. If you don't follow the instructions properly, you fail and have to start again. If they want to make it harder they add even more objectives and might even force you to complete them within a time limit.

Horizon Burning Shores gives you many ways to approach the game. It's about the hunt and survivability. That's why I got interested in it. It poses a challenge. Games always have an objective. This is nothing new. 

- Some games only give you special rewards if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty, get the high score, or finish the entire game within a certain amount of time. Sometimes these harder difficulty modes can only be unlocked by completing the game once (e.g Devil May Cry series). Getting higher scores or completing harder difficulty modes requires you to use special techniques that aren't written down anywhere or explained during the tutorials, but something that you figure out while playing. They literally force you to play the game in a certain way to beat it.

I play for the fun of it. Some focuses on intrinsics other focuses on extrinsics. It's a matter of preferences. 

Mmmmm. Felsagger, you're just kinda coming across in this thread (as well as a couple others) like you're mad at Warframe for some reason. Your statements are not perfectly coherent, such as insisting that you play for fun not mechanical rewards...in a thread about the difficulty or time required to achieve said mechanical rewards.Similarly, you've insisted that other game developers don't force people to play their games in a certain way, which is definitively not true. At all. Every game ever made has the developers thinking about and either supporting or discouraging different modes of play with the game mechanics, and that's true whether the game is online, offline, single player, multiplayer, whatever.

People are responding to you as if you're a troll because you're basically just coming in and yelling "It sucks! Why can't you see that it sucks!" and then not engaging with some of the rather reasonable responses that have been made. I get that you feel like you're the one who's being reasonable and it's everyone else who's wrong, but, uh...man. You're not coming across in a sensible and convincing manner. That's...basically all the commentary I'm gonna offer. 

Other than to note that I was right, and it's perfectly possible to go from zero progress on the weekly Steel Path to having acquired the first of the two Incarnon adapters in one evening session, solo.

37 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Felsagger, you're just kinda coming across in this thread (as well as a couple others) like you're mad at Warframe for some reason. Your statements are not perfectly coherent, such as insisting that you play for fun not mechanical rewards...in a thread about the difficulty or time required to achieve said mechanical rewards.

Hint: No one is perfect. 

Similarly, you've insisted that other game developers don't force people to play their games in a certain way, which is definitively not true. At all. Every game ever made has the developers thinking about and either supporting or discouraging different modes of play with the game mechanics, and that's true whether the game is online, offline, single player, multiplayer, whatever.

If you don't turn on the PS5 or the PC, developers can't force you play the game in a certain way. 

People are responding to you as if you're a troll because you're basically just coming in and yelling "It sucks! Why can't you see that it sucks!" and then not engaging with some of the rather reasonable responses that have been made. I get that you feel like you're the one who's being reasonable and it's everyone else who's wrong, but, uh...man. You're not coming across in a sensible and convincing manner. That's...basically all the commentary I'm gonna offer. 

If people enjoy bread crumbs, that is their choice. I can't judge them. I have my standards. They have theirs. Sorry not everybody thinks the same way. 

That's how the world rolls. 

Other than to note that I was right, and it's perfectly possible to go from zero progress on the weekly Steel Path to having acquired the first of the two Incarnon adapters in one evening session, solo.

I'm taking a break from the forums and Warframe. Carry on with your discussions. I have my set of games to play, standards and interests. You have yours. Let us walk different roads and keep it like that. Enjoy your road and your fun. 

I am reasonable. I don't stop you from playing this game or any other. Those are your choices, however these are my words and my thoughts. Even if I don't post them and no one cares, I have them. Sorry. 

Anyway, Good morning. 

7 hours ago, quxier said:

Add enemies that expect us to do something else than out damage them

Which doesn't really make any difference when everyone is dead

Secondly, missions don't have to be "kill X enemies for short time". It could be something that you cannot just avoid with big enough "gun". Already mentioned Zariman took me 30 minutes to 1 hour. You know why? Exploration. I've been looking for sound tapes and checking all tilesets for secrets. I've once done 1 hour session to find what is that button that does "nothing". There could be even some kind of user generated content.

We have those on newer places, doesn't guarantee you will go back once you're finished with the exploration unless it's a constant gathering like plumes and duviri side objectives

To add some more info to just you. That's their problem if they do all 200 nodes per few

It goes to square one with what you said, "lack of content" that almost every game if not all put gates to prevent it

For having some daily or weekly limits? Try saying that to other online game community if you don't get laughed at, it's either layers of grinding with below 1% drop or gated, even on games requiring $40 per "DLC" to deal with "lack of content"

50 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

Add enemies that expect us to do something else than out damage them

Which doesn't really make any difference when everyone is dead

I've said that you have to do something else to kill them.

55 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
8 hours ago, quxier said:

We have those on newer places, doesn't guarantee you will go back once you're finished with the exploration unless it's a constant gathering like plumes and duviri side objectives

First, it's ok to "finish" game. In my opinion it's better to have shorter plays with where you have fun. It's worse when you play a game and you are not having fun. Such plays makes player go back to game less and less, till the quit.

Secondly, it's not enough. Like Kahl missions & Archons. What do we have? Not long mission but with some form of prolonging it (slow Kahl, bullet sponge archons/enemies). Some are better.

2 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

To add some more info to just you. That's their problem if they do all 200 nodes per few

It goes to square one with what you said, "lack of content" that almost every game if not all put gates to prevent it

Sometimes you cannot prevent it. You cannot push 24/7 content.

2 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

For having some daily or weekly limits? Try saying that to other online game community if you don't get laughed at, it's either layers of grinding with below 1% drop or gated, even on games requiring $40 per "DLC" to deal with "lack of content"

Does it mean that "other online game community" is right? Ask "offline" gamer what is game. Some part of them will laugh at low RNG, timegates and FOMO.

33 minutes ago, quxier said:

You stated truth right here. 

That's why we have other games. DE knows this. We knows this. If there is content draught, we look elsewhere. Forcing us to stay doing nothing is worse, much worse. Warframe tastes better when you take a good hiatus and return with lots of content to play when you log on. (In my opinion)

The best way of enjoying Warframe is to combine it with great games and have some hiatus with the game itself. This will help any player evade the burnout feeling and always stay positive with the product. 

5 hours ago, quxier said:

Like what? Do a puzzle before killing said enemy? That's just "padding the progress with unnecessary mechanics" and elaborate on your "do something else to kill them", not just that

5 hours ago, quxier said:

First, it's ok to "finish" game. In my opinion it's better to have shorter plays with where you have fun. It's worse when you play a game and you are not having fun. Such plays makes player go back to game less and less, till the quit.

Secondly, it's not enough. Like Kahl missions & Archons. What do we have? Not long mission but with some form of prolonging it (slow Kahl, bullet sponge archons/enemies). Some are better.

As you can see by yourself, there will be something to complain about regardless of what DE put into the game, be it slow kahl (when we have request for more kahl) or other things

6 hours ago, quxier said:

And back to the square one, the same BS you said where it's not the speed of us consuming content, it's the LACK OF CONTENT even if there's enough content to last you for a year of continuous play

6 hours ago, quxier said:

Does it mean that "other online game community" is right? Ask "offline" gamer what is game. Some part of them will laugh at low RNG, timegates and FOMO.

When these things are present on offline games way before Warframe?

I think it's fine, honestly. The idea that time-gating these things somehow makes it like work is something I'm not sure I quite understand. If anything, this time around it's less oppressive because I know I can only do so much per week, so I can do other things with my free time. A job where I'm given a clear set of goals, a clear deadline, and plenty of time to finish sounds pretty awesome -- can anyone find this job for me?

Normally, I think RNG was used as a sort of "soft" time-gating, and as a way to help curb obsessive player grinding, but that just tends to make players grind harder, and the only way to compensate with RNG is to make the RNG even worse.

Now there's pretty much zero RNG involved, which is absurdly fantastic, and about damn time -- you show up, choose what you want, and you always know exactly how much progress you need to make before the end of the week, with no luck involved. Well, I guess there is luck with what frames or weapons you get in the Circuit, but I think that's generally more manageable than just simply being at the pure mercy of an RNG computer function.

I'm guessing this system was made more in mind with long-term longevity of developed content and to prevent players from burning through it quickly, but I think there's going to be a quiet side effect of potentially improving players' health and life balance. I know some people are going to argue this as a personal freedom thing, but Warframe and other games are essentially glorified Skinner Boxes, designed to train you to keep pushing buttons so you can get your dopamine rewards. People... generally aren't good at moderating themselves, and people who think they are usually have some other outside factor influencing them that they're unaware of. I actually wonder if the people who hate this the most are probably the people who need it the most.

I'm not saying it's good to give complete control over to higher powers, but I think this strikes a good balance. There's still an absurd amount of other things to do in Warframe (and if you've already finished everything else then maybe you really do need to slow down a bit). There are an absurd number of things to do besides playing Warframe. This ensures that you'll have something to come back to. Maybe that's not such a bad thing?

5 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
11 hours ago, quxier said:

Like what? Do a puzzle before killing said enemy? That's just "padding the progress with unnecessary mechanics"

If you consider that anything that isn't strictly "big enough damage" is "padding the progress with unnecessary mechanics" then there is nothing to talk about.

And I'm something like puzzles. How to kill Nox? Shoot it into face. How to kill Guardian eximus with that flouting shields? Hit it in "free space". Change a little and you have better enemies.

7 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:
13 hours ago, quxier said:

As you can see by yourself, there will be something to complain about regardless of what DE put into the game, be it slow kahl (when we have request for more kahl) or other things

Like with all things, there will be complains. That's ok. We like specific things. However when you do very different thing (Kahl) or bullet sponges of some sort (Archons) then you have to be prepared for complains.

And back to the square one, the same BS you said where it's not the speed of us consuming content, it's the LACK OF CONTENT

Ugh... no? We are not back to "the square one". Let me explain it more clearly for you because you may not get 24/7 meaning. Let's say, hypothetically, that Devs can make 1 hour player content within 2 hours (2x times more). If players plays same amount of time as Devs make content then they will clear a content within 1/2 of time. 1/2 of player time will be with no content. Hence, whatever Devs do it's not possible to create content that player will play same amount of time as Dev. It's not worth to hear such complains where player wants new content all the time.

even if there's enough content to last you for a year of continuous play

Do you mean whole game? Maybe.

Do you mean 1 update? Then no. Even the update (2x updates, I'm counting Echo) I liked and has something new it's still not year of content. Not even close. Exploration can takes weeks. Getting gear can takes days IF THEY WERE SHARED (arcanes). Gear lacking in modability (e.g. cannot mod Tenet Exec waves) or being bugged (not sure now but one of Incarnon melee from Zariman has perk that didn't work - 100% jump height) MAKES CONTENT LAST LESS. It's maybe month of content of not hardcore player. Same for all updates.

When these things are present on offline games way before Warframe?

These things (RNG, time gates & FOMO) were present probably in time before Warframe creation (2013). I'm not hardcore player but looking in Google I can see WoW has been created in 2004, Diablo in 1996. So at least RNG (for loot) were known already before Warframe (2013). Timegates & FOMO probably too.

PEOPLE DON'T get confused with the name. The real FELSAGGER account has a greater postcount. See the number on the left. Be careful, do not get confused and quote the wrong account or doppelganger.

8 hours ago, FeIsagger said:

The hardcore playerbase want to quickly complete the content and move on to other games.

The veterans like us thinks that way. Is there something wrong with this? 

However, there are many people who complain about the life expectancy of the game but do not see that this player cohesion and everyone being able to do everything in the same sequence is essential.''

Games are meant to be a hobby not a second job. Good games like Horizon Zero Burning Shores can be finished in four hours taking a moderate pace. In few plays the player finishes the main quest but the rest of the game and the exploration takes a lot of time. 

Forced retention of players with timegates does harm to the game other than good. 

DE is not in the wrong for doing this

Yes THEY ARE. 

But again the player base has the last word. If the player base accepts this then DE will continue doing what the majority of players "PLAYS". 

, it's those who complain that they have no time for games in general but simultaneously talking about playing other games.  

The amount of time playing other games is NOT the same in comparison the amount of time that requires Warframe. It's not even close. 

This doppelganger impostor account with three posts decided to throw away common sense. Come on dude, bring your real account. 

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Ok, that is mildly funny but also pretty aggravating. Felsagger 5.3k, you want us to report Felsagger impostor?

Yes. Do the report for the account's name change or deletion. 

It's like o hey "this dude is talking to himself" parody. 

The impostor is making hard the reading of the forum boards creating unnecessary confusions.  

On 2023-04-29 at 9:57 PM, Kaiga said:

That is completely insane. This type of FOMO nonsense started with tau shards

Please don't remind me, I still have zero red tau shards... it's at 80% chance now, if I don't get it next time I'll be literally the unluckiest player ever.

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

"help! Report the imposter! They're making people think I say nice things about the game and devs!"

LoL.

I do that at my own discretion when I see the merit on what DE is doing. 

Looks like what I say concerns you a lot. 

Note: The real FELSAGGER account has a greater postcount. See the number on the left. Be careful, do not get confused and quote the wrong account or doppelganger.

17 minutes ago, FeIsagger said:

Fortunately, I actually believe what I said. Time-gating is primarily a mechanism for player retention. The hardcore players won't like it, but they're practically a vocal minority. Your typical casual playerbase will be underrepresented in just about any game forum. Knowing that, it's pretty funny and willfully biased that certain people want to convince DE otherwise by creating polls and votes exclusively on forums. 

Cut the parody. 

The bait was amusing for few posts. Now it's growing stale. 

Show your real account. 

EDIT: Nevermind....I got trolled again, lol....

22 minutes ago, FeIsagger said:

Fortunately, I actually believe what I said. Time-gating is primarily a mechanism for player retention. The hardcore players won't like it, but they're practically a vocal minority. Your typical casual playerbase will be underrepresented in just about any game forum. Knowing that, it's pretty funny and willfully biased that certain people want to convince DE otherwise by creating polls and votes exclusively on forums. 

The time gating gives players something to do months down the line. It's just powercreep, so collecting everything is really just a bonus. Half a year really isn't that bad at all. I'll probably take a year to do it. 

I think most players are enjoying the update a lot, even on YouTube. I come to the official forum out of habit, but there's far more constructive conversations about the game on Reddit from players that actually like and appreciate the game. This is probably why the Devs focus their attention there and leave this forum as a wild west of complainers and defenders (and imposters. Lol). 

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I think most players are enjoying the update a lot, even on YouTube. I come to the official forum out of habit, but there's far more constructive conversations about the game on Reddit from players that actually like and appreciate the game. This is probably why the Devs focus their attention there and leave this forum as a wild west of complainers and defenders (and imposters. Lol). 

That's a supposition. Some people don't like it, Sorry Hypernaut but you may find it interesting other finds it aggravating. DE never told us about this option imagine if DE comes and say the following.  

"In our next update you'll be playing random steel path missions with random gear using random mods, also we'll favour giving you mastery fodder."

How does that sounds to you? Tell me. Whatever we type here doesn't change DE decisions, anyway. 

Just now, Felsagger said:

That's a supposition. Some people don't like it, Sorry Hypernaut but you may find it interesting other finds it aggravating. DE never told us about this option imagine if DE comes and say the following.  

"In our next update you'll be playing random steel path missions with random gear using random mods, also we'll favour giving you mastery fodder."

How does that sounds to you? Tell me. Whatever we type here doesn't change DE decisions, anyway. 

I dunno. All I know is that I prefer responding to your doppelganger. 🤣

Archived