Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Primed Shred disappear from the game?

Thanatos2709

1 hour ago, Skoomaseller said:

you can only get it from login milestones.

which is honestly problematic.

The game will not cease to function without it. You can use regular shred or other mods until the point at which you get it.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

The game will not cease to function without it. You can use regular shred or other mods until the point at which you get it.

never said that so idk why you need to be hyperbolic. 

power gated behind milestones is not really a good thing. 

11 hours ago, Thanatos2709 said:

does not appear in the game

This mod is exclusive to the Daily Tribute system. It will become available at day 200, 400, 600 and 900, until chosen as the Milestone reward, among  Primed Vigor,  Primed Fury, and (day 400+)  Primed Sure Footed.

Huh. I forgot DE used to give out Primed mods via the Login System.

They could probably add it to Simaris once you've obtained it officially like with the Login reward weapons.

If DE feel really opposed to putting Primed Mods (even though Sancrificial Mods exist there) they could make it cost ducats to be more in line with the other Primed mods.

On 2023-05-30 at 1:17 AM, Skoomaseller said:

never said that so idk why you need to be hyperbolic. 

power gated behind milestones is not really a good thing. 

I like some power being behind milestones. It would be nicer if those milestones were tied to in game progression, but it also feels good to log in and get useful mods. Primed sure footed shouldn't be gated like that though, since it's necessary for a whole class of weapons to work effectively and cautious shot is only a thing for primaries.

22 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

And arcanes, and abilities, and operators, and specters, and ally abilities, and shards, and the helmith, and they all stack with each other.....

Name one arcane/shard locked behind login milestones.

I understand you have the need to be contrarian all the time on the forums, Madurai, but at least make sure you make sense.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Unlucky1307 said:

I like some power being behind milestones. It would be nicer if those milestones were tied to in game progression, but it also feels good to log in and get useful mods. Primed sure footed shouldn't be gated like that though, since it's necessary for a whole class of weapons to work effectively and cautious shot is only a thing for primaries.

I'd agree if it was something inconsequential. #*!% it they could lock a Peculiar mod behind milestones and I wouldn't mind.

But like you said, PSF (and the others, to a lesser extent Primed Vigor) being such a game changer yet locked behind login milestones is not a good thing for the game.

27 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

Name one arcane/shard locked behind login milestones.

I understand you have the need to be contrarian all the time on the forums, Madurai, but at least make sure you make sense.

You said power shouldn't be locked behind logins. 

I was providing examples of power that anyone can acquire and trivialize the game with. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You said power shouldn't be locked behind logins. 

I was providing examples of power that anyone can acquire and trivialize the game with. 

You're talking about XYZ when I'm talking about ABC. 

Again, Madurai, I understand you like to be a contrarian, but please make sure what you say is relevant/makes sense at least.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Unlucky1307 said:

Primed sure footed shouldn't be gated like that though, since it's necessary for a whole class of weapons to work effectively

You're letting a meta mindset talk thru you with a false statement. Shouldn't let that happen.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Kinda does, you don't need PSF to actually use explosive weapons. Not sure how I and many others can quite comfortably use our explodees without needing PSF.

With PSF, you don't need to be at a distance to fire an AOE weapon.

You also don't need to use cautious shot opening up the exilus slot for ammo mutation (primaries only I believe).

You also don't need to run a frame with status immunity, so you also don't need to worry about scorpions/ancients pulling you from every direction in SP.

When you realize how big a game changer PSF is for weapons with a radial component, you'll understand my point.

5 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

With PSF, you don't need to be at a distance to fire an AOE weapon.

Gonna point out though, some explodees do actually have to be used at a distance. And better to have distance from the enemy anyway. What does everyone who does use PSF do, run right up to the enemies willingly to shoot explodees at feet?

5 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

You also don't need to use cautious shot opening up the exilus slot for ammo mutation (primaries only I believe).

Secondaries have equivalent mod, Concealed Explosives.

6 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

You also don't need to run a frame with status immunity, so you also don't need to worry about scorpions/ancients pulling you from every direction in SP.

So does everyone forget the methods made available to us to deal with Scorpions/Ancients?

7 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

When you realize how big a game changer PSF is for weapons with a radial component, you'll understand my point.

Been playing for years with weapons with radial components. Still haven't seen why players think they absolutely have to have PSF to use explodees.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Gonna point out though, some explodees do actually have to be used at a distance. And better to have distance from the enemy anyway. What does everyone who does use PSF do, run right up to the enemies willingly to shoot explodees at feet?

Literally the only ones I can think of is base Corinth altfire and I think Akarius.

If a player thinks running up to an enemy and shooting at their feet is the play, then more power to that player. There is nothing wrong with that.

43 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Secondaries have equivalent mod, Concealed Explosives.

Not an equivalent, completely different mods. An equivalent to CE would be Thunderbolt.

No one uses Concealed Explosives either, not since self-damage stopped being a thing (Chroma Eidolon hunters used it to quickly charge Vex Armor).

44 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So does everyone forget the methods made available to us to deal with Scorpions/Ancients?

PSF allows you to avoid getting caught off-guard. Which happens quite often in SP where the enemy density is quite high.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Been playing for years with weapons with radial components. Still haven't seen why players think they absolutely have to have PSF to use explodees.

My point was that PSF is a big game changer, not that it was essential. Only the other guy said that it was essential. Know the difference.

Again if you cannot see the value (the objective value, not subject to my opinion) of this mod then I'm talking to a brick wall.

Archived