Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punishing Xaku for using only his skills to kill feels pretty bad to the point I want to change warframe

Gio21

I have xaku with nourish subsumed on 3rd ability and 

every time i try a wave mission type I always get half my rewards canceled because of afk

and my ulti and nourish last 30 sec
and running around to loot 
still half and maybe more 
I dont try them anymore cuz its pointless unless i change wf

On 2023-06-14 at 12:28 PM, Gio21 said:

every time i try a wave mission type I always get half my rewards canceled because of afk

So let me get this straight.

Instead of changing the way you approach the game (which appears to be standing around AFK. You don't get the AFK flag if you're moving around, regardless of what you're doing) you blame the game and the warframe?

I've used Xaku a ton and I've never, not even once, gotten an AFK flag. 

Do a little introspection and analysis of the way you're playing the game. If the game doesn't like what you're doing, then change what you're doing. AFK flags don't just magically pop up because you're actively playing the game.

-----------------------------

Edit: It looks like there is a bug floating around causing AFK related issues. I was not aware of this at the time of writing my post and re-reading the original post, knowing about this bug, what they've written makes a bit more sense. 

Thanks to the users who provided context related to the current AFK issue.

I'm not 100% convinced this IS something related to the AFK issue. There certainly is the possibility that TC is just standing pushing 3+4 during the wave and collecting resources at the end (which could very well be 2+ minutes of inactivity each wave). Though I'm not 100% convinced, there certainly is a possibility this is somehow related to the current AFK bug. 

Edited by Leqesai
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Gio21 said:

That's a you problem. Even if you can play a frame without moving much, doesn't mean you should or even that's it's the optimal way to play. If you're automating to that extent, why even play the game/frame? And don't say the grind, that's the entire game and you have one of the oldest accounts I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, Gio21 said:

The AFK timer only starts after 60 seconds of not moving at least ~5m (horizontally), so...

• Like 2

I move around (bullet jumping) to loot and still get my rewards canceled

i allmost never play alone so i have a squad that kills monsters all around so almost all the time i move around the map to loot things mobs drop
and still get canceled afk rewards.

now if thats normal ok 
guess ill just never play xaku again

Edited by Gio21
  • Like 1

On 2023-06-15 at 2:50 PM, Gio21 said:

I move around (bullet jumping) to loot and still get my rewards canceled

i allmost never play alone so i have a squad that kills monsters all around so almost all the time i move around the map to loot things mobs drop
and still get canceled afk rewards.

now if thats normal ok 

On 2023-06-15 at 3:22 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Walk around. It’s not that hard.

Doesn't game requires you to shoot or melee attack from time to time?

If all you are doing is moving then honestly that's what is (almost) afk.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Doesn't game requires you to shoot or melee attack from time to time?

If all you are doing is moving then honestly that's what is (almost) afk.

No. Game requires you to move 5 meters in 2 minutes.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

All the people dumping on OP not even realizing that DE has acknowledged this bug

but of course, OP must be wrong. Couldn’t be anything else.

"Could it be possible that this infamously buggy game has a bug in it?"

"No of course not, let's just mock the OP instead."

Great job guys, really showing how 'Good' of a community the Warframe player base is like.

On 2023-06-14 at 10:29 PM, KaijuKraid said:

There is a glitch with some of the missions right now where it shows an AFK no rewards given, but you'll see next to it you'll have your rewards. It'll look like every other time you'll be AFK when you're not.

That seems likely. I have been flagged afk while just playing like I normally do. If my normal gameplay was the "incorrect" way to play then I would always be flagged afk.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No, in defense at least, you've gotta get at least 1 kill every 5 waves to get the rotation reward.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Inactivity_Penalty

Unless the wiki is incorrect, you are mistaken. The afk penalty goes into effect if you get kills in defense. The afk penalty was created, partly, to stop players from farming defense afk. You have to move 5 meters in two minutes to bypass the afk penalty. That is, outside of bugs that cause it to occur.

Though it should also be noted that what the tc describes sounds a lot more like he is standing still pushing 3 and 4 every 30 seconds instead of the bug that has been described in this thread.

Edited by Leqesai

Il y a 6 heures, (PSN)rexis12 a dit :

Could it be possible that this infamously buggy game has a bug in it?"

It's well know , there is no vug in warframe , only features!

Le 15/06/2023 à 14:50, Gio21 a dit :

now if thats normal ok 

I'm a xaku main , and I nevers get any inactivity penality . Moreover like you I don't use my weapon that much exept for bosses, acolyte or demolyst , afterall for common foe xaku don't need weapon with his set. So if you move around enough the problem must be comming from the game.

Have you verify if you really didn't have the loot on your inventory after the mission ? I've got few time an afk penality UI bug show in the mission report but I've got all the loot and affinity .

7 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

All the people dumping on OP not even realizing that DE has acknowledged this bug

You work with what you're given.

And IMO it's very pretentious to expect every player to be aware of every bug report ever made, especially ones concerning a bug a mere 1.5 months old according to that post (and only "acknowledged" 2 weeks ago). A bug that mind you, is then shown to be very clearly a visual only one.

Edited by KitMeHarder

6 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

And IMO it's very pretentious to expect every player to be aware of every bug report ever made, especially ones concerning a bug a mere 1.5 months old according to that post (and only "acknowledged" 2 weeks ago). A bug that mind you, is then shown to be very clearly a visual only one.

The post right above your initial one describes it lmao. Also if you work with what you have, you’d realize OP was still moving around.

Also the report has a staff reply. It’s not like it’s super out of the way.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

The post right above your initial one describes it lmao. Also if you work with what you have, you’d realize OP was still moving around.

Also the report has a staff reply. It’s not like it’s super out of the way.

Again, very pretentious.

• I highly doubt you read every post on every topic before you make your own.
  • People are easily mistaken (or they lie). Just because their abilities refresh every 30 seconds, doesn't mean they moved enough to not trigger the AFK timer.
    • And you can move around a bunch during the round, but if the AFK timer is active when the round ends, you still get no reward.
  • It doesn't matter if it has a staff reply, I'd have to know the bug report existed in the first place.

1 hour ago, KitMeHarder said:

I highly doubt you read every post on every topic before you make your own

Indeed. However, I do keep up with staff replies (it has a dedicated button). Most of the people responding in the negative have all been on the forums for some time, so you'd hope they'd at least be aware of this feature. This particular staff reply is not old.

People are easily mistaken (or they lie). Just because their abilities refresh every 30 seconds, doesn't mean they moved enough to not trigger the AFK timer.

• And you can move around a bunch during the round, but if the AFK timer is active when the round ends, you still get no reward.

Jumping to "OP must be lying and AFKing" before asking any clarifying questions strikes me as pretentious.

It doesn't matter if it has a staff reply, I'd have to know the bug report existed in the first place.

Care enough to lambast OP, but not enough to actually look around to see if something is off.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Care enough to lambast OP

Both their title and post started off with absurd claims like wanting to change the game, to (seemingly at the time) circumvent the AFK timer. Mind you, they have a 10.5 year old account (since you think forum time should correlate to keeping up with staff replies).

And sorry, but I am absolutely fed up with with lazy people getting frames like Khora and Wukong nerfed and "ruined". So yeah, I'm quick to jump on people/post that come off as complaining that they can't automate/AFK the game.

Edited by KitMeHarder

2 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Both their title and post started off with absurd claims like wanting to change the game, to (seemingly at the time) circumvent the AFK timer.

Reading comprehension. They are talking about changing their warframe (the character you play with), not Warframe (the game).

6 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Mind you, they have a 10.5 year old account (since you think forum time should correlate to keeping up with staff replies).

Account age != being on the forums. I see people with 7,000+ posts immediately laying on OP.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Account age != being on the forums. I see people with 7,000+ posts immediately laying on OP.

Yeah you're right. My initial reading of the TC's post did not consider the bug described in the thread, and I also misread what I believe they were trying to say regarding changing the frame rather than DE changing the game. Thanks for providing clarification and an appropriate frame of reference regarding the actual at-issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Reading comprehension.

You're reaching real deep with this one. Even if that's their intent, they're not using proper grammar.

Which also, if it's a bug, it'd happen with any frame regardless.

Account age != being on the forums.

Just because you don't post != that you don't view/scroll

Edited by KitMeHarder

25 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

You're reaching real deep with this one.

Yea no. Their follow up indicates they're not going to play Xaku anymore, not change Warframe the game.

28 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Even if that's their intent, they're not using proper grammar.

Grammar could use work sure, they might be ESL, who knows, but by your own admission you're coming into the thread with an axe to grind against

2 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

people getting frames like Khora and Wukong nerfed and "ruined"

I'm sure that doesn't bias your interpretation at all.

33 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Just because you don't post != that you don't view/scroll

Indeed, but posting definitely does mean you are viewing and scrolling, hence my use of it.

On 2023-06-14 at 4:09 PM, Leqesai said:

I'm not 100% convinced this IS something related to the AFK issue. There certainly is the possibility that TC is just standing pushing 3+4 during the wave and collecting resources at the end (which could very well be 2+ minutes of inactivity each wave). Though I'm not 100% convinced, there certainly is a possibility this is somehow related to the current AFK bug. 

On 2023-06-14 at 6:23 PM, KitMeHarder said:

The AFK timer only starts after 60 seconds of not moving at least ~5m (horizontally), so...

16 hours ago, Leqesai said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Inactivity_Penalty

Unless the wiki is incorrect, you are mistaken. The afk penalty goes into effect if you get kills in defense. The afk penalty was created, partly, to stop players from farming defense afk. You have to move 5 meters in two minutes to bypass the afk penalty. That is, outside of bugs that cause it to occur.

Though it should also be noted that what the tc describes sounds a lot more like he is standing still pushing 3 and 4 every 30 seconds instead of the bug that has been described in this thread.

It's worth noting that Xaku's 4th ability forces him to jump forward approximately 2.5 meters every single time.

I tested this in the simulacrum by placing a waypoint at his feet and just activating the Vast Untime twice. At the end of the second animation the waypoint was 5 meters away.

Just to be thorough I did the same thing next to a wall (so the waypoint distance could start at 0m) and also ended up at 5m after two activations.

Even if he was only activating Xaku's 4 every ~30 seconds, and nothing else, that alone produces enough distance to circumvent the AFK timer. (Provided he's not againt a wall each time, of course.)

On 2023-06-14 at 12:28 PM, Gio21 said:

Wait did you make this post a second time in like the same week?
You cant get afk flagged if you're picking up loot so you're just standing still for long periods of time

Edited by Mr.Holyroller