Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will the previous Content Islands be reworked now?

Dairaion

Lets see

Stealth gameplay is pretty bad considering we're supposed to be space ninjas

Dojo is basic unless you are willing to no-life it, building dojos is unintuitive and requires a month of time to reorganize at least

Archwing missions are still pretty basic and give bad rewards

Companions are mostly worthless and have only retained what little value they have by introducing overpowered weapons

Modular weapons look generic

Liches and Sisters are just prime for unprimable weapons

Railjack is like watching videos back before Vimeo and Youtube existed everything feels like a tech demo

All but one member of your Railjack Crew does nothing for 90's of your gameplay because you can only sub them for railjack positions and not general missions.

Operator/Drifter feels pointless even with duviri, because Duviri is a CONTENT ISLAND.

Khal hasn't had any new cosmetics and theres no reason to play his mission to acquire monies for the bonus shard due to the cost of moving shards around

Possible small fixes

Give Khal the ability to acquire other forms of grineer armor. Just whole models, let the player decide the models used by the troops he spawns with.

Make Operator/Drifter stealth focused like in the New War. let the Operator use Nataruk and Rumblejack, bring back the Hadoken, make them feel more like actual VOID DEMONS like when the operator used to Unibeam everything to death, horror movie monsters in space.

Let the Player Spawn in the Railjack crew, the whole group. specialize the crewmates you can hire by allowing the players influence with the different syndicates to effect what's offered.

Each positive syndicate ranking above 0 adds a single crewmate for hire every two adds a additional elite if you have them unlocked, negative syndicate ranking remove a their possible crewmate with -2 negating Elite Crewmates appearing for that syndicate. 

132,000 Standing to retrain a Crewmate's base stats or swap a Elite Crewmate's bonus.

Make Railjack missions into A New Hope or Return of the Jedi.

Let Liches and Sisters take any position in a Railjack.

Use Give Each Syndicate a modular weapon core.

There is no easy way to save companions, that car needs to be stripped to the frame, rebuilt, and then never touched again.

Archwings need to be either designed around the principle that it turns a tenno into a space fighter or it's just a jetpack because it's the first in star chart missions and the second in railjack, my hope is on the first because otherwise tenno should just use their own fighter jets. maybe allow both tenno and archwing mods apply.

make faction variants of each of the generic Dojo rooms, have a actual Dojo Editor so you can alter the base layout all at once, then let the build timers tick down all at the same time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

I'd like more stealth/parkour-related content that isn't just "nuke until win", and real consequences to not being stealthy or trying to brute-force your way through.

They don't change anything because Grineer/Corpus weapons can never be primed in the first place. Primes can only be Tenno/Orokin weapons. Kuva/Tenet variants act as their own alternative to the priming concept.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

They don't change anything because Grineer/Corpus weapons can never be primed in the first place. Primes can only be Tenno/Orokin weapons. Kuva/Tenet variants act as their own alternative to the priming concept.

What i meant when i typed that was that they act as a way for players to acquire buffed versions of weapons that couldn't logically be primed. they aren't really a alternative as none of the shared tenno/grineer weapons have been both primed and kuva'd yet.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

can you be more specific? 

37 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Dojo is basic unless you are willing to no-life it, building dojos is unintuitive and requires a month of time to reorganize at least

to be fair clans in general have lost meaning outside of mastery ever since dark sectors got removed.

38 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Archwing missions are still pretty basic and give bad rewards

to the vet yes, to the new player no. the rewards are useful for the newer player to work up to getting their railjack for their liches and the new war. without the mods, boom 1 tapped.

39 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Companions are mostly worthless and have only retained what little value they have by introducing overpowered weapon

My kubrow nukes level 190 if you want to see it. I flex it in the fan discord all the time.

40 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Modular weapons look generic

not even a criticism, fashion is subjective.

41 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Yes which is good for the people who want to use said weapons and not fall behind.

42 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

railjack is like watching videos back before Vimeo and Youtube existed everything feels like a tech demo

Railjack got one of the best reworks to date, unless you prefer getting screwed over because nobody played public and having your railjack die every 2 seconds due to the sheer amount of damage enemies dealt from poor scaling. Sorry but is there an actual criticism to be made?

44 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

All but one member of your Railjack Crew does nothing for 90's of your gameplay because you can only sub them for railjack positions and not general missions

FORTNITE

16 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

What i meant when i typed that was that they act as a way for players to acquire buffed versions of weapons that couldn't logically be primed. they aren't really a alternative as none of the shared tenno/grineer weapons have been both primed and kuva'd yet.

Logically they couldn't, which is where the new Kuva/Tenet variants come in, as a loophole of sorts. It wouldn't be the first time we've had buffed variants, either, given all of the stuff that got their own Prisma, Wraith, Vandal, and other one-offs like the Mara Detron and Ceti Lacera

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Operator/Drifter feels pointless even with duviri, because Duviri is a CONTENT ISLAND.

Khal hasn't had any new cosmetics and theres no reason to play his mission to acquire monies for the bonus shard due to the cost of moving shards around

Okay but can you elaborate on how it is a content island?

again fashion is subjective, personally could care less about cosmetics for an actual content island (where playing the mode has no replay value because of archon hunts being faster and less bugged).

46 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Possible small fixes

1. Give Khal the ability to acquire other forms of grineer armor. Just whole models, let the player decide the models used by the troops he spawns with.

2. Make Operator/Drifter stealth focused like in the New War. let the Operator use Nataruk and Rumblejack, bring back the Hadoken, make them feel more like actual VOID DEMONS like when the operator used to Unibeam everything to death, horror movie monsters in space.

3. Let the Player Spawn in the Railjack crew, the whole group. specialize the crewmates you can hire by allowing the players influence with the different syndicates to effect what's offered.

4. Each positive syndicate ranking above 0 adds a single crewmate for hire every two adds a additional elite if you have them unlocked, negative syndicate ranking remove a their possible crewmate with -2 negating Elite Crewmates appearing for that syndicate. 

5. 132,000 Standing to retrain a Crewmate's base stats or swap a Elite Crewmate's bonus.

6. Make Railjack missions into A New Hope or Return of the Jedi.

7. Let Liches and Sisters take any position in a Railjack.

8. Give Each Syndicate a modular weapon core.

9. There is no easy way to save companions, that car needs to be stripped to the frame, rebuilt, and then never touched again.

10. Archwings need to be either designed around the principle that it turns a tenno into a space fighter or it's just a jetpack because it's the first in star chart missions and the second in railjack, my hope is on the first because otherwise tenno should just use their own fighter jets. maybe allow both tenno and archwing mods apply.

11. make faction variants of each of the generic Dojo rooms, have a actual Dojo Editor so you can alter the base layout all at once, then let the build timers tick down all at the same time.

1. weird but sure just seems a bit irrelevant to recent content.

2. no. it was bad when compared to having magus lockdown and god mode by crouching. as for primary weapons, sure. limited to quest items? NO. you mean transcendance? it was also bad and why focus got reworked.

3. they literally had to disable them from archon hunts so I don't see this happening.

4. so railjack on launch. starting to see a trend here.

5. so add more grind. no.

6. specify.

7. too hard to code.

8. what?

9. so remove them and prevent people from getting mastery or something helpful early game? why?

10. archwings need to be left untouched after the blink nerf.

11. ok 

how does half of this pertain to content islands?

21 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

look at my emblem. I no life lore.

because this wouldn't make sense lore wise. tenno weapons are not of grineer design, and vice versa.

However, it does make sense for enemy factions to adapt to the tenno and for them to have become stronger during the progress towards the new war resulting in the creation of archons from the same invention.

not lore wise it's a good option for the people that wanted to use said weapons that didn't have a riven that could push them to steel path.

Of course. I would like reworks on Deimos, Fortuna and Plains of Eidolons. Those were great maps. Well they are in a way. I wish DE provide love to these because they have a lot of potential to grow. 

I deeply enjoy Deimos. I know, it's not the best one but it has an enigmatic story and hilarious creepy characters like the Entrati family. 

A rework in itself isn't going to do much.

The plains of eidolon have been reworked (twice if you count the new war). Has it changed a lot? Nope.

Stealth gameplay only ever worked in solo modes, just look at how infuriating it is when people fail your spy sortie. The other stealth gameplay is pure affinity farming (for focus/intrinsics you name it)

It was pretty obvious that most people played this for the power-fantasy frames, DE chose to prioritize on more of that. You rarely ever see loki, banshee, ivara or ash. Loki was more popular for disarming entire planets than he was for his stealth, ivara was more popular for her eidolon limb OS potential, banshee was famous when her quake augment was still good, ash was mostly popular for his 4 and a short while people loved fatal teleport with marked for death.

Same with why we won't be seeing a lot more kahl or the new war style drifter gameplay any time soon. The backlash on both was so huge that unfortunately DE decided to abandon any attempts at slower yet challenging gameplay. I loved the gameplay, don't get me wrong, but the majority of players didn't like it. Its also why it is unlikely for many cosmetics to be added to kahl.

Operators provide the cheapest get out of jail free card we have ever had. There isn't a single mission where I do not go to operator form... unless it is actually disabled.

When I do railjack I have 1 engineer, 1 defender and 1 pilot/gunner. In the veil I definitely need all 3 for me not to lose my sanity because I still need to teleport back quite a bit to help them repair and kill while I am doing the side objective.

Archwing missions are mostly unpopular to begin with and the loot they provide is not the cause. The open-space archwing missions are pretty out-dated and should be reworked/replaced since it makes no sense to be using your archwing when you could fly a railjack there. Looking at you pursuit and interception missions.

There already exist faction variants of each room. Dojo decorating is a chore, but it encourages creativity. While it can still be improved upon the question you have to ask yourself is how much effort should be put into something that is mostly non-functional. I've got plenty of rooms I decorated a lot just as a social activity among my clan. We themed rooms and everybody worked on a room that they felt most connected with. Some specialized in placing effects and hidden stuff to find. Decorating your dojo isn't a must, its something to use your combined creativity and put it on display.

Unfortunately it seems DE have abandoned the earlier ideas and concepts of railjack/squadlink. I personally liked Scarlet Spear and I do think a different less depending/mandatory variant of squadlink would be a great deal and could even be used to link various parts of the game. Perhaps our Railjacks need to defend a solar rail or attack a frigate that is launching landingcraft towards the plains.

As for duviri, its a pretty fresh piece of content and I assume it will be connected a little further in the far future. I think it is safe to say that it was pretty daring given how loud the negative feedback had been on some of the gameplay in The New War. I don't think the decree system is the very best way to go, playing it on steelpath made it pretty obvious that the power-creep from getting decrees is pretty ridiculous. From firing 40 headshots to kill some one to sending the tankiest units flying in just a few melee hits is a pretty steep hill. I do hope decrees and the stacking intrinsics get nerfed overall while they slightly up the base power/health of the drifter in duviri.

As for modular weapons, I would love modular skins but I guess that is a bit to far fetched.

• Like 1

None of these are "content Islands" nor is that something that even exists in this game.

Game is too fast for actual stealth gameplay. That ship sailed years ago.

Your unwillingness to learn the decoration system isn't a fault on the system. Look at the featured Dojos and you'll see how wrong you are.

DE planned on removing Archwing missions at one point. It's a failed system that'll likely never see an expansion. We've known this for many years now.

Try actually using some of the Companions then come back with an opinion on them.

They look "generic" and yet look unique from all other weapons we have.

Not all weapons are eligible to be Primed in the first place. Plus what does it matter if the variant is already on par/better than a Prime upgrade?

Try playing Railjack first then come back with an opinion.

Almost like the Railjack crew is made for Railjack missions. Plus they can literally automate half of the mission for you even in the Veil.

Try putting some time into developing your Focus Trees and Operator Arcanes first then come back with an opinion. Also "content islands" don't exist as anything but a buzz word.

Why does Kahl need more cosmetics? And your unwillingness to use resources that otherwise have no use is a you problem.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, trst said:

None of these are "content Islands" nor is that something that even exists in this game.

Your unwillingness to learn the decoration system isn't a fault on the system. Look at the featured Dojos and you'll see how wrong you are.

DE planned on removing Archwing missions at one point. It's a failed system that'll likely never see an expansion. We've known this for many years now.

Try actually using some of the Companions then come back with an opinion on them.

Not all weapons are eligible to be Primed in the first place. Plus what does it matter if the variant is already on par/better than a Prime upgrade?

Almost like the Railjack crew is made for Railjack missions. Plus they can literally automate half of the mission for you even in the Veil.

Try putting some time into developing your Focus Trees and Operator Arcanes first then come back with an opinion. Also "content islands" don't exist as anything but a buzz word.

Why does Kahl need more cosmetics? And your unwillingness to use resources that otherwise have no use is a you problem.

love this

it is too fast paced but also if you want to play the game as a stealth shooter then you can and nobody is stopping you from doing so. freedom of choice is what makes this game so good.

lmao yeah I decorated my entire orbiter to look like a void tower (prime stuff yknow) and it looks completely different than the normal orbiter. 10/10.

yup but again helpful for new players for railjack open world and the new war. 

true true.... kubrow casually nuking steel path enemies from a finisher

that too. and they can equip skins.

fr you're telling me

"Try playing Railjack first then come back with an opinion." lol this

yup best content rework to date imo.

maxed all the focus schools and holy cow operators are strong. there are times where I will get the operator out in steel path to safely kill a group of enemies because they can just BRRT enemies into nothing.

last sentence is poggers. couldn't have said it better.

2 hours ago, Dairaion said:

Stealth gameplay is pretty much impossible with the way AI and spawns currently work, unless you're using invisibility.

Running a Dojo is certainly a commitment if you're shooting beyond functionality. A lot of players are way too eager to get to Mountain Rank, get their hopes up and are annihilated when they see the costs. Advice? Suck it up and stay at Ghost until you're dialed in.

Target Nekros early and ALWAYS choose the resource booster whenever it crosses your path.

Edited by Mieo_Mio
  • Like 1

I'd rather DE curtail any and all content islands for the foreseeable future, as the main game, the actual Warframe game, is still incomplete, and is frankly all I come to this game to play and invest in.

For Example:

• Not all Sectors / Worlds have their own unique Tilesets, especially in cases where a Unique Tileset would make sense (notably Phobos, Saturn, Neptune, Pluto, and Sedna)
  • The Sentients (and Narmer) do not yet have a primary starchart presence, with standard mission structure. (Railjack is a content island, so Veil Anomalies don't count)
  • The Remaining Corpus Mountain Outpost and Frozen Ship Graveyard tilesets still have yet to be updated, ala Jovian Concord (Jupiter) and Deadlock Protocol (Ships).
  • There are still Placeholder Bosses that need Updating (Sergeant/Nef Anyo and Phorid), and several Bosses in general could do with updating like they did with Jackal.
  • Sanctuary Onslaught (and ESO) could be updated to include new Force Variants (Vapos & Juno Corpus) and new Factions. (Sentients)
  • Alad V's narrative arc is an absolute Cluster-F as it currently stands, as certain plot details not only are absent entirely from the game (because they were Events) but happen out of Chronological Order (ie, you encounter him in Second Dream, indebted to you for curing him, but you encounter him infested in Patient Zero after the fact)
  • In general, there is no shortage of balance issues and design decisions that could be ironed out and addressed.

And optionally:

• More Quests to fill the gap and adventure line from the start of the game to Second Dream, like a Quest to introduce and gate access to the Void and mechanics related to it. They could also convert old Events into Quests, which could especially be used to fix Alad V's nonsensical arc. (ie, making Hunt for Alad V and Suspicious Shipments into Quests or something)
  • Create additional Sectors / Worlds, like if the Asteroid or Kuiper Belts were Sectors with entirely randomly generated node layouts every day/week, more large moons to branch off from the mainline path such as Ganymede or Titan, or other outer dwarves like Makemake and Haumea.
  • Can always improve enemy Variety, such as more reskin forces ala Arid Grineer or Vapos Corpus, those are neat as long as they introduce some new mechanics or combinations on older unit classes, or new enemy Variants, like how the Grineer Marine has Lancers, Troopers, Seekers, etc, but for Classes that don't yet have many varieties, like Infested Chargers or Sentient Fighters, or even entirely new Classes, like it'd be cool to see new Amalgam-type Units to go along with Narmer's 'Unification' premise or to have some unique Orokin Units to accompany the Corrupted, like Dax Specters or Orokin Robots. More Corrupted types, like some more Infested Units, would work as well.
  • Reintroduce Alerts as sort of 'Happenstance Missions', personal to a player who encounters them (or possibly occasionally for more, like perhaps being clan-wide or game-wide) that are created on the Starchart when a player encounters something, like if characters could randomly generate in the social spaces you could talk to that would activate these alerts (ie, "My Brother was captured by the Grineer, please help him" or "I saw the Corpus salvage up some old Orokin Tech you might want to procure" sort of stuff), or likewise they could be a 'reward' generated when completing more information based Missions, like Capture, Rescue, Spy, and Interception. Could even occur from simply opening a locker, and a datamass could fall out, which taking to extraction would lead you on some wild goose chase.

I'd personally rather have major updates that'd cover any of these, than endure anymore Plains of Orb Drift or Rail-Taxi reworks, or dealing in game modes that have nothing to do with the mainline game like Kahl (of Duty) or Duviri.

Anything else can happily go on the backburner for all I care.

Edited by Krion112
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Logically they couldn't, which is where the new Kuva/Tenet variants come in, as a loophole of sorts. It wouldn't be the first time we've had buffed variants, either, given all of the stuff that got their own Prisma, Wraith, Vandal, and other one-offs like the Mara Detron and Ceti Lacera

what about the Furax...

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

can you be more specific? 

to be fair clans in general have lost meaning outside of mastery ever since dark sectors got removed.

to the vet yes, to the new player no. the rewards are useful for the newer player to work up to getting their railjack for their liches and the new war. without the mods, boom 1 tapped.

My kubrow nukes level 190 if you want to see it. I flex it in the fan discord all the time.

not even a criticism, fashion is subjective.

Yes which is good for the people who want to use said weapons and not fall behind.

Railjack got one of the best reworks to date, unless you prefer getting screwed over because nobody played public and having your railjack die every 2 seconds due to the sheer amount of damage enemies dealt from poor scaling. Sorry but is there an actual criticism to be made?

FORTNITE

There needs to be a greater penalty for not being stealthy in normal missions, it might help to have special forces that actually drop in that are much stronger when a tenno shows up. Clans need a purpose, but i'll settle for a veneer. Archwing levels are relatively useless even to railjack, a strong enough tenno could just rely entirely on their ship. Kubrows nuking level 190s fits right into my "overpowered weapons" analysis. modular weapons looking generic is a criticism, considering fashionframe and the numerous cooler looking weapons that don't look like they're made out of MegaBlocks. after that im pretty sure you didn't read my suggestions so idk what to tell you,

Nightmare missions, Invasions,  Kuva siphons, Bosses, Lack of endgame for endgame majority community.. Theres A LOT Digital Extremes should look into, but at this point I have lost hope. I always say this game could easily have another decade ahead of it, but like this it will not. Games will grow past Warframe with their build- and damage systems. Warframe will eventually die out because of all these piling issues community has been asking to be addressed FOR YEARS. They never have done anything to them, never will. We just have to accept it, and move on.

what about the Furax...

There needs to be a greater penalty for not being stealthy in normal missions, it might help to have special forces that actually drop in that are much stronger when a tenno shows up. Clans need a purpose, but i'll settle for a veneer. Archwing levels are relatively useless even to railjack, a strong enough tenno could just rely entirely on their ship. Kubrows nuking level 190s fits right into my "overpowered weapons" analysis. modular weapons looking generic is a criticism, considering fashionframe and the numerous cooler looking weapons that don't look like they're made out of MegaBlocks. after that im pretty sure you didn't read my suggestions so idk what to tell you,

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

Okay but can you elaborate on how it is a content island?

again fashion is subjective, personally could care less about cosmetics for an actual content island (where playing the mode has no replay value because of archon hunts being faster and less bugged).

1. weird but sure just seems a bit irrelevant to recent content.

2. no. it was bad when compared to having magus lockdown and god mode by crouching. as for primary weapons, sure. limited to quest items? NO. you mean transcendance? it was also bad and why focus got reworked.

3. they literally had to disable them from archon hunts so I don't see this happening.

4. so railjack on launch. starting to see a trend here.

5. so add more grind. no.

6. specify.

7. too hard to code.

8. what?

9. so remove them and prevent people from getting mastery or something helpful early game? why?

10. archwings need to be left untouched after the blink nerf.

11. ok 

how does half of this pertain to content islands?

FORTNITE

38 minutes ago, trst said:

Game didn't have pet moas at one point either, they can find a way to add stealth back into the stealth game.

the decoration system is primitive and requires a level of tedium that actively makes me hate the game, i understand that there are people out there willing to piece together 200 random objects to make a statue, but thats not the same as having a system similar to actual basebuilding games like Fallout 4 or even the level designer like the ones in ancient games like Tenchu 2.

Archwing can be fixed it just needs to be reworked to fall in line better with railjack, maybe even sharing enemies between the two.

I used alot of the companions they're pretty bad outside of overpowered weapons builds and even then you need to follow up with selecting the right warframe if you want the best out of a specific companion, you are full of yourself.

modular weapons parts don't look like a cohesive concept, they're rather boring to look at to be honest and if there weren't OP ones nobody would notice them.

I've played railjack obsessively you assume too much, you are full of yourself.

I'd like to have the railjack crew be available outside the mission too though, one is not enough i prefer playing alone.

COME BACK WITH A OPINON KID, FLIPS COLLAR

thats how you sound, are you that insufferable in public?

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

FORTNITE

don't care, never played it, if that stuff is in fortnite than warframe could use it too.

12 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

I'd rather DE curtail any and all content island for the foreseeable future, as the main game, the actual Warframe game, is still incomplete, and is frankly all I come to this game to play and invest in.

For Example:

• Not all Sectors / Worlds have their own unique Tilesets, especially in cases where a Unique Tileset would make sense (notably Phobos, Neptune, Pluto, and Sedna)

correct.

13 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• The Sentients (and Narmer) do not yet have a primary starchart presence, with standard mission structure. (Railjack is a content island, so Veil Anomalies don't count)

lua, conjunction survival. railjack isn't a content island at all, refusing to play a vastly reworked piece of content is your decision.

14 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

There are still Placeholder Bosses that need Updating (Sergeant/Nef Anyo and Phorid), and several Bosses in general could do with updating like they did with Jackal.

to be fair with archon hunts I can see why. Moreso probably because people would eventually complain they are too hard. 

15 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• Sanctuary Onslaught could be updated to include new Force Variants (Vapos & Juno Corpus) and new Factions. (Sentients and Narmer)

or we can just ignore SO because ESO is arguably better. Not to mention it's already the best xp farm in the game right now, ESO is far from needing to be worked on. 

16 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• Alad V's narrative arc is an absolute Cluster-F as it currently stands, as certain plot details not only are absent entirely from the game (because they were Events) but happen out of Chronological Order (ie, you encounter him in Second Dream, indebted to you for curing him, but you encounter him in Patient Zero after the fact)

Imo they could easily fix this by bringing timed events around on rotation each week.

17 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• In general, there is no shortage of balance issues and design decisions that could be ironed out and addressed.

and the fact that there are too many to be named is hilarious. Reb and Pablo are carrying the game like a champ.

18 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• More Quests to fill the gap and adventure line from the start of the game to Second Dream, like a Quest to introduce and gate access to the Void and mechanics related to it. They could also convert old Events into Quests, which could especially be used to fix Alad V's nonsensical arc. (ie, making Hunt for Alad V and Suspicious Shipments into Quests or something)

most people could care less about quests and I think the new war was the nail in the coffin. shame because it is a cool idea but at the same time good luck.

19 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• Create additional Sectors / Worlds, like if the Asteroid or Kuiper Belts were Sectors with entirely randomly generated node layouts every day/week, more large moons to branch off from the mainline path such as Ganymede or Titan, or other outer dwarves like Makemake and Haumea.

I think that the last thing we need is for content to get even more seperated. Unless this is in direct reference to railjack, mid. More focused on connecting that with the rest of the game.

21 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• Can always improve enemy Variety, such as more reskin forces ala Arid Grineer or Vapos Corpus, those are neat as long as they introduce some new mechanics or combinations on older unit classes, or new enemy Variants, like how the Grineer Marine has Lancers, Troopers, Seekers, etc, but for Classes that don't yet have many varieties, like Infested Chargers or Sentient Fighters, or even entirely new Classes, like it'd be cool to see new Amalgam-type Units to go along with Narmer's 'Unification' premise or to have some unique Orokin Units to accompany the Corrupted, like Dax Specters or Orokin Robots. More Corrupted types, like some more Infested Units, would work as well.

as de and the community states, none of that matters when enemies dissapear in an instant. However, it would be far better if the enemy itself was worked on instead of just being a reskin. with that said I hope said mechanics can make a difference.

22 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

• Reintroduce Alerts as sort of 'Happenstance Missions', personal to a player who encounters them (or possibly occasionally for more, like perhaps being clan-wide or game-wide) that are created on the Starchart when a player encounters something, like if characters could randomly generate in the social spaces you could talk to that would activate these alerts (ie, "My Brother was captured by the Grineer, please help him" or "I saw the Corpus salvage up some old Orokin Tech you might want to procure" sort of stuff), or likewise they could be a 'reward' generated when completing more information based Missions, like Capture, Rescue, Spy, and Interception. Could even occur from simply opening a locker, and a datamass could fall out, which taking to extraction would lead you on some wild goose chase.

didn't people literally complain about how time gated and absurd alerts were and that was the reason for nightwave's creation, or am I remembering incorrectly/

23 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

I'd personally rather have major updates that'd cover any of these, than endure anymore Plains of Orb Drift or Rail-Taxi reworks, or dealing in game modes that have nothing to do with the mainline game like Kahl (of Duty) or Duviri.

Anything else can happily go on the backburner for all I care.

I think constantly going for massive updates is what was killing the game slowly, Moreso the latter sentence.

8 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Game didn't have pet moas at one point either, they can find a way to add stealth back into the stealth game.

the decoration system is primitive and requires a level of tedium that actively makes me hate the game, i understand that there are people out there willing to piece together 200 random objects to make a statue, but thats not the same as having a system similar to actual basebuilding games like Fallout 4 or even the level designer like the ones in ancient games like Tenchu 2.

Archwing can be fixed it just needs to be reworked to fall in line better with railjack, maybe even sharing enemies between the two.

I used alot of the companions they're pretty bad outside of overpowered weapons builds and even then you need to follow up with selecting the right warframe if you want the best out of a specific companion, you are full of yourself.

modular weapons parts don't look like a cohesive concept, they're rather boring to look at to be honest and if there weren't OP ones nobody would notice them.

I'd like to have the railjack crew be available outside the mission too though, one is not enough i prefer playing alone.

don't care, never played it, if that stuff is in fortnite than warframe could use it too.

FORTNITE

straight up showed you the replies to the rest of the replies lol but oh well.

post is massive copium regardless.

20 minutes ago, Dairaion said:

Companions aren't an entire gameplay system. Something as slow and methodical as proper stealth won't work when the game has only gotten faster.

That's because it's a decoration system, not a base building system. Strapping items together to decorate a place is the entire point.

If it gets reworked it'd be to integrate it into Railjack entirely. But even then they have no niche to fill when their content failed as hard as it did and when they've been nothing but glorified taxi cabs even in Railjack.

You've not used a lot if that's your opinion. And their weapons are irrelevant in comparison to the utility they can offer unless you exclusively play missions in the sub 30 range.

What's not cohesive about them? You choose what parts you want, put them together, and you get the weapon you wanted. And if nobody noticed them for not being strong then they'd just be like most of the other weapons in the game.

You're the one calling Railjack a tech demo that's like watching old videos.

Use the plethora of Specters at your disposal then if you want the mission played for you. Plus that system was already directly nerfed with Specter ammo, don't expect DE to suddenly give you AI squad mates for regular missions.

If you think Operators are pointless then you've obviously put zero effort into using them.

And it goes both ways, with such nonsensical complaints like these you must be a joy to be around.

Edited by trst
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dairaion said:

what about the Furax...

Edit: It's Grineer, for some reason I thought it was Tenno

I don't know if we'll get a Kuva Furax, maybe we'll buy them like the other Tenet melees, but who knows

Edited by Pakaku

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

lua, conjunction survival. railjack isn't a content island at all, refusing to play a vastly reworked piece of content is your decision.

I'm gonna note first that several of your responses have a common theme of not actually reading what I said, and rather drawing an assumption early seemingly based upon a keyword you either fixated on or did not read.
I'm not trying to be rude in this regard, just, asking that you read what I say more carefully, please.

First, you'll note, I said 'Primary' presence, as in, they are the main faction on a node. On Lua, it's mostly Crossfire of Grineer and Corpus, but Sentients show up as an ancillary opposition force, so Lua doesn't count by the criteria I stated.

Second, yes, Railjack is a content island. It relies upon a game design structure inconsistent with that of the main game, and relies upon equipment that does not apply to the mainline game. (ie, the Railjack itself, its relevant equipment, intrinsics, and Archwing)
It's a content island, do not presume to tell me otherwise.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

to be fair with archon hunts I can see why. Moreso probably because people would eventually complain they are too hard. 

"Anecdotally, some players complain that the particular interpretation of Bosses in Archon Hunts are too difficult, therefore we shouldn't rework the Bosses as they appear elsewhere in the game,"

That's not really a good argument, that's an excuse just to oppose what I'm saying.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

or we can just ignore SO because ESO is arguably better. Not to mention it's already the best xp farm in the game right now, ESO is far from needing to be worked on. 

I believe you saw 'Sanctuary Onslaught' and immediately jumped to an irrelevant conclusion.

First, when I said 'Sanctuary Onslaught', it's implied I meant the gamemode in its entirety, including ESO. I'll go back and specify, because apparently I left too much wiggle room to assume otherwise.

Second, at no point in there did I argue for reworking Sanctuary Onslaught, I said 'Include the Variants and Factions that currently aren't in it, like the new Corpus enemies and Sentients'.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

most people could care less about quests and I think the new war was the nail in the coffin. shame because it is a cool idea but at the same time good luck.

This is hearsay, because I have seen no such sentiment.

Personally, I saw people specifically respond negatively (or conflictedly) to New War, not Quests in their entirety. Most of the sentiment I've seen is people like Quests, because they provide narrative context and impetus to playing the game, but arguably DE's execution of Quests does leave much to be desired.

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

I think that the last thing we need is for content to get even more seperated. Unless this is in direct reference to railjack, mid. More focused on connecting that with the rest of the game.

New Sectors/Worlds would not mean more content islands, it means more content for the mainline game. These would not be entirely new gameplay systems.

Also, there is literally no way to tie Railjack more to the mainline game without destroying them both. They are fundamentally incompatible, and they are already about as tied together as they will ever get, especially when you consider the negative sentiment some made about Railjack just becoming a 'taxi' to play the normal missions.
(Though, in fairness, I don't know how majorative that opinion is, I just remember seeing it crop up a lot after the Railjack Corpus missions dropped.)

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

as de and the community states, none of that matters when enemies dissapear in an instant. However, it would be far better if the enemy itself was worked on instead of just being a reskin. with that said I hope said mechanics can make a difference.

Recall, at the end of the first section, I already mentioned 'balance issues', implying I want that addressed as well, and it's in the first section as a higher priority.

Wanting Player vs Enemy Balance addressed and wanting more Enemy Variety are not contradictory goals.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

didn't people literally complain about how time gated and absurd alerts were and that was the reason for nightwave's creation, or am I remembering incorrectly/

Again, you read 'Alert' and assumed too soon. Reread what I said again, because I'm not proposing the Alert System return, only Alert Missions.

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

I think constantly going for massive updates is what was killing the game slowly, Moreso the latter sentence.

Well, I think putting the mainline game on the backburner, in favor of tacked-on side game, so-called 'Content Islands', is primarily what has been slowly killing the game, which honestly, because they have to develop entirely new sets of game systems and mechanics to accommodate them, they have been the biggest offenders of being massive updates that we have to wait long periods of time for, so I do kind of agree there.

For context, Jovian Concord is basically the template for my ideal update, but smaller updates that do similar things to Jovian Concord in piece meal scale are okay as well.
(like, Deadlock Protocol was fine, I just find the Granum Void stuff to be far too repetitive, dull, and how much time you have to commit into it in a single mission makes me not want to do it, because I can't just stop by and do it, especially in a pub, like you can the Amalgam Labs on Jupiter.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quimoth said:

Scarlet Spear

I really hope they bring it back. I think the main issue with it was the bugs and inequality in rewards. One side was more efficient than the other which created a queue issue.

If these two issues were fixed I think the event would actually be pretty good.