The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newest Wave Of Incarnons Will Be Purchasable With Platinum

Problem with this reasoning. 

DE is not making a clean business decision good for themselves and they are not making a clean decision good for the player. 

DE IS NOT thinking. 

This happens when DE switches team during development. DE is contradicting themselves on something that could be beneficial FOR DE.  It sounds ironical in every way. The message is confusing and out of place. A business decision should be clean. "DO or DO NOT, there is no try". 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Games are not supposed to be a second job. They are labeled as ENTERTAINMENT. 

Let us begin with the foundation of COMMON SENSE. 

"Job" and "entertainment" are vague words that can mean a lot to different people.

Remember the semantic argument you're having about p2w? 

Should we make another 15 page thread about what exactly entertainment and jobs are? 

Just now, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"Job" and "entertainment" are vague words that can mean a lot to different people.

But we have different words for different concepts. 

Right? 

Remember the semantic argument you're having about p2w? 

Are we doing semantics or discussing if the concept applies or not given the 'boundary conditions'? 

Should we make another 15 page thread about what exactly entertainment and jobs are? 

Can a job be entertaining? Yes. 

Can you get a salary out of the consumption of entertainment? No. 

Problem solved. 

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

But we have different words for different concepts. 

Right? 

Are we doing semantics or discussing if the concept applies or not given the 'boundary conditions'? 

Can a job be entertaining? Yes. 

Can you get a salary out of the consumption of entertainment? No. 

Problem solved. 

(Inserts large wall of text)

Problem solved.

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I feel like I'm fortunate to be one who actually enjoys playing Warframe and look forward to having reasons to play and earn new content.

My biggest gripe is the power jump without challenging content to go with it. Incarnons are starting to make the most difficult content feel like the starchart. 

This also means that new weapons will soon have to be as powerful as incarnons at base or feel pointless. The incarnons aren't just small buffs, it's a whole new class of power. 

I think the power creep is the most dangerous thing to the game, but people are arguing over plat purchases? 

That's been the point for a while though. When we first got Steel Path, it felt like the excessive power now had a purpose. Soon after though, people complained that their weak gear wasn't capable there, and now Steel Path is just Starchart all over again. I agree. Incarnons are unnecessary and more damaging long-term.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

That's been the point for a while though. When we first got Steel Path, it felt like the excessive power now had a purpose. Soon after though, people complained that their weak gear wasn't capable there, and now Steel Path is just Starchart all over again. I agree. Incarnons are unnecessary and more damaging long-term.

Some people don't know how to mod and play the game in order to make their gear be SP viable. That is something else. It is a problem of skill difference between players. This is a game that has almost zero challenge if the gear is correctly tweaked with the right load out. However the people who complained about SP being hard are the same people who don't know how to mod their gear and come up with a satisfactory load out. 

9 hours ago, (XBOX)ONI LawIiet said:

incarnons are THE reward for playing circuit.

if you can buy the reward

why play?

Because it's only the new 5 (Gorgon, Boar, Angstrum, Gammacor, Anku) -  They said it several times in the devstream.

Reb: "We do intend to sell those 5 for platinum"
Pablo: "For those 5 we're going to put them basically as kinda like you can buy them"
Reb: "Only those 5 though"

So if you want the incarnons for the weapons that are currently in the circuit, the only way to get those is doing the circuit.

17 minutes ago, 0bsi said:

Because it's only the new 5 (Gorgon, Boar, Angstrum, Gammacor, Anku) -  They said it several times in the devstream.

So if you want the incarnons for the weapons that are currently in the circuit, the only way to get those is doing the circuit.

• Week 1. Braton. Lato. Skana. Paris. Kunai.
  • Week 2. Bo. Latron. Furis. Furax. Strun.
  • Week 3. Lex. Magistar. Boltor. Bronco. Ceramic Dagger.
  • Week 4. Torid. Dual Toxocyst. Dual Ichor. Miter. Atomos.
  • Week 5. Ack and Brunt. Soma. Vasto. Nami Solo. Burston.
  • Week 6. Zylok. Sibear. Dread. Despair. Hate.

We have a lot of crap weapons that got the upgrade of Incarnon. 

Gorgon, Boar, Angstrum, Gammacor are great weapons on themselves. DE knows exactly what they are doing. Many of the weapons that are farmed in the circuit SUCKS ASS as the weapon on itself, except BOLTOR. 

1 hour ago, 0bsi said:

Reb: "We do intend to sell those 5 for platinum"
Pablo: "For those 5 we're going to put them basically as kinda like you can buy them"
Reb: "Only those 5 though"

If you listen to the entire segment on this, Rebecca follows up the "selling for Platinum" statement with heavy amounts of Copium. I would take the "those 5" with a grain of salt, especially when just 2 streams after talking about Mood cycles not locking gear, they've added Kullervo tied to mood cycles. Not only that, but the entire foundation of Incarnon Adapters commits similar mistakes to the pages and pages of complaints about Archon Shards that they still haven't addressed properly and likely never will.

I don't think it really matters that they're selling them, what matters is that they are selling them and keeping the initial farm in a terrible spot. It's like if DE never made changes to the acquisition of the Tenebrous Ephemera and just added it to market for 150 Platinum instead. The price or existence of purchase is fine and understandable, but it would be an annoying message to project that they aren't improving the farm whatsoever. The amount of weapon variants for adapters is still heavily imbalanced between weeks, and there are several threads asking to just have a time gate with freedom to choose any 2 adapters. The weekly rotation going up to now 7 weeks is just awful. That's only 7 chances at a specific adapter per year.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

The amount of weapon variants for adapters is still heavily imbalanced between weeks, and there are several threads asking to just have a time gate with freedom to choose any 2 adapters. The weekly rotation going up to now 7 weeks is just awful. That's only 7 chances at a specific adapter per year.

Wait, are you telling me that FOMO now is becoming a real thing? If it is true then the topic of FOMO was not irrelevant at all. Then the topic resurface again, am I right? 

11小时前 , MouadSaqui 说:

I really don't wanna hear it, It's not like DE is broke and need money, They knew exactly what they were doing to this game and they did it anyway, Warframe is no longer a game by the community for the community, right now Warframe feels like a true tencent game. So I really don't wanna hear excuses this time.

Lol. Warframe was never a community driven game to begin with. So stop arguing like it was a social justice matter  or something. 

DE is a commercial company, not NGO or charity. That's why it was so hilarious seeing the term "predatory monetization" getting thrown around here like making money is a sin.

18 hours ago, Silligoose said:

We discussed p2w in another thread and you came to the conclusion that this game has p2w elements yourself. You said as much in your discussion with PublikDomain. "Pay 2 skip,","pay 2 progress" and now "pay 2 rush" all describe p2w models. The additional parameters you've arbitrarily decided to add are not prerequisites for a game being p2w.

DE is going to do whatever they feel like doing and they seemingly tend to base those decisions on analytics. Whatever decision DE decides to make will invariably have people who agree with the decision and people who disagree, which means regardless of the decision they make, they can claim to have "listened to feedback", even if that feedback represents 5% of the community's sentiment.

First, no I did not come to YOUR conclusion of what YOU think p2w is. I wish really find it strange for you to combine completely different scopes of purchasing just to fit your narrative. They are not the same at all. 

Second, analytics exists to ensure a single person or group do not just get what they ask for. The feedback, for starters, has to actually consider all elements of gameplay before being accepted in use. Two or three very loud barkers do not represent the whole community...but always want to. It doesn't work that way bro.

12小时前 , (XBOX)ONI LawIiet 说:

incarnons are THE reward for playing circuit.

if you can buy the reward

why play?

When the circuit was first launched everyone here hated it. Someone said incarnon adaptor should be put behind SP shop. Someone said players should be able to choose their loadout in the circuit. Long story short, no one wants to play the circuit.

Now DE gives you a way out, and people are still angry. Lmao.

12 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

DE is a commercial company, not NGO or charity. That's why it was so hilarious seeing the term "predatory monetization" getting thrown around here like making money is a sin.

Making money/profits has no requirement for mechanics and offerings that are predatory towards the player through means such as FOMO, Sunk Cost Fallacy, "Just too short" costs, "First one's free on me" gateways, and other widely adopted and documented practices from video game companies, regulatory bodies, marketing departments, and psychologists.

I just want to restate here how I feel about selling Adapters for plat. Selling them for plat inherently is fine, but the context surrounding their current farm is what makes this feel questionable, especially with the amount of justification and copium coming from the Devstream after the initial statement, as if they knew this would be easily spotted as a questionable decision considering the state of farming Incarnons.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I don't think it really matters that they're selling them, what matters is that they are selling them and keeping the initial farm in a terrible spot. It's like if DE never made changes to the acquisition of the Tenebrous Ephemera and just added it to market for 150 Platinum instead. The price or existence of purchase is fine and understandable, but it would be an annoying message to project that they aren't improving the farm whatsoever. The amount of weapon variants for adapters is still heavily imbalanced between weeks, and there are several threads asking to just have a time gate with freedom to choose any 2 adapters. The weekly rotation going up to now 7 weeks is just awful. That's only 7 chances at a specific adapter per year.

7 chances per year at a single specific Incarnon Adapter for a weapon family is not player friendly, no matter how you slice it, especially when it's on a schedule.

9 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Now DE gives you a way out, and people are still angry. Lmao.

Describing a temporary platinum sale at launch for yet another week of rotations for new incarnons as "a way out" of the circuit being bad, is being dumb on purpose.

Don't be dumb on purpose 

On 2023-07-01 at 1:06 PM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Jesus, that doesnt make their prices right. NOONE asked for those exchange rates.

It might be a bit high, but I think that highlights the idea that they didn't want people to just buy them willy nilly. 

12 hours ago, MouadSaqui said:

I really don't wanna hear it, It's not like DE is broke and need money, They knew exactly what they were doing to this game and they did it anyway, Warframe is no longer a game by the community for the community, right now Warframe feels like a true tencent game. So I really don't wanna hear excuses this time.

It's because the game IS a TENCENT game. 

It would be much better if the game where a SONY's game. 

Sony>Tencent. (Game portfolio quality production)

Fact. 

40 minutes ago, RichardKam said:

Warframe was never a community driven game to begin with. So stop arguing like it was a social justice matter  or something. 

That's what DE tried to project when the game started in 2013. DE started promoting the idea of a community driven game for the community. It's a player assisted model. 

This is not about social justice at all. This is about HOW the business model selected by DE and how such politics affects the game DIRECTLY making it feel like a boring PACHINKO click to win Rube Goldberg P2W machine. This is the impression we have now after ten years moreover when DE is pushing the game into IOS phone market. 

Remember when DE kept in the, genuinely, obscene effect of Nova bring able to Speed Up enemies with Neg Str because players liked it? But now removes bigs that don't affect the game nearly as much like Styanax being able to cancel out of his 4?

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Remember when DE kept in the, genuinely, obscene effect of Nova bring able to Speed Up enemies with Neg Str because players liked it? But now removes bigs that don't affect the game nearly as much like Styanax being able to cancel out of his 4?

We live in uncertain times. Economy is way unpredictable and volatile right now. 

DE is pressing hard our pockets somehow but they do not want to invest on the quality of their game. They do less but asks us more. DE is not the only one. I'm not blaming them. This is something I'm seeing in the industry of video games in general. 

Why not go back to the roots of less great items, more great content and more delivery. At least I would happy spending money in this game. Right now, literally I stopped playing for more than six month in a row. I'm into other responsibilities saving money on other relevant errands. The quality of the gaming industry went downhill of course there are good exceptions. 

With all honesty I prefer the PAY TO PLAY model over the F2P model any day. At least I have good quality out of the box with the pay to play model selecting the right developer and waiting for the review of the game. 

Archived