Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Kullervo's 1 being the better more effective crit buff...it's time to have another look at Citrine's crystalize.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Wrathful advance is a flat critical chance buff that scales with strength...doesn't overwrite modded critical chance...is a buff applied to frame so you don't need it to cast it on enemies

and also gives you the full duration unlike Crystalize that cuts the duration with each use against some enemy types.

and on top it gives you great mobility and doesn't fill your screen with crystals.

Crystalize is the inferior version despite being a 100 energy fourth ability.

Can we buff it a bit? tweak it? give it a better scaling, and maybe allowing to be applicable on any enemy without reduced duration.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Crystalize is the inferior version despite being a 100 energy fourth ability.

But crystalize works on any damage not only melee. I can see it being more powerful in certain combinations.

31 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

and on top it gives you great mobility

If it works (bugged cooldown, not being able to teleport) then it's nice.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Can we buff it a bit? tweak it? give it a better scaling, and maybe allowing to be applicable on any enemy without reduced duration.

But yeah, some tweaks would be nice. The jump & hover would be first thing to remove.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Wrathful advance is a flat critical chance buff that scales with strength...doesn't overwrite modded critical chance...is a buff applied to frame so you don't need it to cast it on enemies

and also gives you the full duration unlike Crystalize that cuts the duration with each use against some enemy types.

and on top it gives you great mobility and doesn't fill your screen with crystals.

There is a substantial difference between how one works and the other, Kullervo's ability applies to Melee weapons ONLY wile Citrine's bonus applies to ALL weapons, theres also the fact that Citrine's 4th also immobilizes enemies and also adds Crit multiplier to Beam and Projectile weapons.

• Like 7

Wrathful Advance only buffs Kullervo, only affects melee, and is essentially single target. Crystallize freezes enemies in an area, buffs crits for any weapon that can hit the crystals, and can benefit other players. You can't really compare the two abilities.

• Like 9

On 2023-07-14 at 8:38 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

people subsume her 4...I don't want it buffed, I just want more usability

Generally people susbume over her 3.

Not sure why people would bother to subsume any of her abilities off regardless. She is a support. If you want dps, use a dps focused warframe. Such as....

Kullervo.

I mainly use citrine along with wukong and kullervo. Each have a different role and none power creep the other in my eyes.

What do the 3 have in common?

4 good abilities and a good passive.

I understand why you would think crystalize would need a buff but having it as a more reliable banshee sonar in my eyes ends up being good enough for me to not want any changes. Though if it does get buffed the crystals would always form on heads for the extra 3sx headshot multiplier that is multiplied on top of your current critical damage value...and now you see why it's fine.

Edited by (XBOX)Exoni Prime

On 2023-07-13 at 5:41 PM, YUNoJump said:

Wrathful Advance only buffs Kullervo, only affects melee, and is essentially single target. Crystallize freezes enemies in an area, buffs crits for any weapon that can hit the crystals, and can benefit other players. You can't really compare the two abilities.

Wrathful Advance is a subsume so any frame can use it, not just Kullervo. 

8 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Wrathful Advance is a subsume so any frame can use it, not just Kullervo. 

I mean to say that WA's crit buff only affects the caster, not their allies. Compare that to Citrine's 4, which allows allies to benefit from the crit boost by hitting the crystals themselves.

• Like 3