Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cool heavy attack melee weapons for Kullervo

HoizPrime

Hey people just wanted to share some melee weapons that feel really good to use with Kullervos 1.
I also want to point out that this thread is about heavy attack only build because there are a lot of melee weapons that have very unique heavys. 🤓

Hespar - Crazy high heavy attack damage, does an AOE spin that hits 3 times, main weapon I use on him.
Syam - Heavy attack sends forth a wave that travels 70m does a good amount of damage and is very fun to use.
Stropha - Very strong high amounts of damage, ideal for heavy attack only playsytle, but sometimes the projectile misses and only hits the shockwave which knocks enemies to the ground.
Quassus - A ton of forced slash procs on heavy attack, performs very well, must use if you like warfans and slash procs.
Tenet Agendus - Not that impressive damage wise but very fun to shoot out energy disks at your enemies.

Go share your ideas! 😉

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, PyroTech. said:

Hey people just wanted to share some melee weapons that feel really good to use with Kullervos 1.
I also want to point out that this thread is about heavy attack only build because there are a lot of melee weapons that have very unique heavys. 🤓

Hespar - Crazy high heavy attack damage, does an AOE spin that hits 3 times, main weapon I use on him.
Syam - Heavy attack sends forth a wave that travels 70m does a good amount of damage and is very fun to use.
Stropha - Very strong high amounts of damage, ideal for heavy attack only playsytle, but sometimes the projectile misses and only hits the shockwave which knocks enemies to the ground.
Quassus - A ton of forced slash procs on heavy attack, performs very well, must use if you like warfans and slash procs.
Tenet Agendus - Not that impressive damage wise but very fun to shoot out energy disks at your enemies.

Go share your ideas! 😉

Although you stated that this is for "heavy attack only," I think Kullervo is one of two frames that can truly take advantage of a hybrid melee playstyle, the other being Voruna.  Both of them have combo efficiency options, and Kullervo has unique ways to build combo.  With that said, here are my suggestions.

• Praedos: Pretty obvious.  Kullervo is a natural fit for Incarnon melee of any sort, but the Praedos is particularly powerful.
  • Keratinos: I love these bad boys.  They look ridiculous when you trigger the added reach bonus.
  • Like 3

I'm really enjoying Nami Solo, Keratinos, Slaytra, and a status Cyath,   The machetes are bad for forced bleeds, but the cool thing about Kullervo is decent slash weapons can be built for plenty of natural bleeds, and the first machete heavy attack has a lovely 360 which works great with WA.  Same deal with Keratinos, which has a custom heavy that's better than the standard claw heavy, and happens to have plenty of forced bleed capability on top.  The range bonuses on Nami and Keratinos are really useful too.  And both claws and machetes have smooth stances for mixing in light attacks, which I do a fair amount.

Cyath of course is great for the exodia arcane.  Only problem is it's hard to choose which one.  I switch back and forth between Triumph and Brave constantly, and Force would be ridiculous with a grouping ability.

• Like 1

I'd think a 60% toxin tenet livia would be most ideal. You get two dots, slash and toxin, the former being massive damage from the heavy attack. And with the weapon being a tenet, you don't have to worry about the annoyance that is combo counter so long as you remember to holster it when not using it.

• Like 4

I alternate between Arum Spinosa (for the same reasons as Quassus), and the Sampotes, mostly because I'd been struggling to find a frame to use it on. I'd reckon any hammer weapon would work pretty well on Kullervo actually, though I'd like to shout out the Arca Titron in particular due to its Slam Capacitor buff.

• Like 2

Okay, these are all great choices, but hear me out...

Corufell.

The fact that Corufell's heavy attack turns the scythe into a shotgun is amazing with Kullervo. You hit his 1, teleport to an enemy, and then unload a shotgun blast into their face at point blank range.

• Like 4

I am surprised no one has mentioned the hate (or any scythe) yet, it just melts things and is perfect for kullervos hybrid melee playstyle.

They have one of the best heavy attacks but also relatively smooth quick attacks.

I would also recommend the zaws , some very good utility is possible.

• Like 3

I've been using the destreza with him. It does more than enough damage while having forced slash procs and is able to hit multiple enemies by spinning during the animation.

Edited by Mazifet
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

I've been using the destreza with him. It does more than enough damage while having forced slash procs and is able to hit multiple enemies by spinning during the animation.

Oh yeah.  Not Destreza, but I I've been using Endura with him a fair amount.  One of my  favorite forgotten weapons.   I've been meaning to make a status rapier zaw for him, but haven't gotten around to it.