Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making evergreen (the bad way)

After looking at what qualifies as " evergreen" from other tenno, it ends up with something that either rare like lanthorn or something that runs out rather fast like steel essence or kuva so why not? 

- Kuva (and other "evergreen" stuff) can be bought for some amount of credits. Let's say 5 million credits for 20k kuva, up to 10 purchases daily along with other stuffs like riven sliver or relic pack for similar amount if not more

- Durability on equipments

For warframe, you have durability on parts where taking damage reduces it with increasing cost the lower it goes with some penalties

* Legs : reduced sprint speed, inability to jump when both legs damaged

* Arms : Increased recoil and reduced accuracy, may cause some swaying when aiming down

* Head : Weakened ability damage

* Body : More prone to get status effects

Weapons and other gears will have lowered stats until repaired, requiring constant repair or not taking damage at all. Requiring you to create repair tools/repair before doing a mission with various resources from all places with higher MR gear requiring more and rarer resources to repair

- Inventory

No more going with full inventory, make your own ammo and energy kit to get extra starting energy (I'm not touching this one, yet)

- Mods empowering

Gets an extra rank for a mod that lasts for a day by infusing endo

There you go, some stuffs become evergreen

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWNXONsD6w_MPrP3DRDxA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

After looking at what qualifies as " evergreen" from other tenno, it ends up with something that either rare like lanthorn or something that runs out rather fast like steel essence or kuva so why not? 

"Fast" is very subjective. When I talk about forma (normal) I often hear it's hard to get in reasonable quantity (people always needs more forma). I'm just sitting on 30ish forma without farming daily because I don't have stuff to forma.

There are probably people with tons of Rivens with <10 rolls with "good roll" (subjective).

- Kuva (and other "evergreen" stuff) can be bought for some amount of credits. Let's say 5 million credits for 20k kuva, up to 10 purchases daily along with other stuffs like riven sliver or relic pack for similar amount if not more

What's the worse is that some people would be happy with 5M credits for 20k kuva.

- Durability on equipments

For warframe, you have durability on parts where taking damage reduces it with increasing cost the lower it goes with some penalties

* Legs : reduced sprint speed, inability to jump when both legs damaged

* Arms : Increased recoil and reduced accuracy, may cause some swaying when aiming down

* Head : Weakened ability damage

* Body : More prone to get status effects

Weapons and other gears will have lowered stats until repaired, requiring constant repair or not taking damage at all. Requiring you to create repair tools/repair before doing a mission with various resources from all places with higher MR gear requiring more and rarer resources to repair

"Repairing system" can be interesting but all this "get X item N times" and other long farms are boring.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, quxier said:

"Fast" is very subjective. When I talk about forma (normal) I often hear it's hard to get in reasonable quantity (people always needs more forma). I'm just sitting on 30ish forma without farming daily because I don't have stuff to forma.

There are probably people with tons of Rivens with <10 rolls with "good roll" (subjective).

What's the worse is that some people would be happy with 5M credits for 20k kuva.

"Repairing system" can be interesting but all this "get X item N times" and other long farms are boring.

Monkey paw granted.

All items require argon to repair.

🤔 What about something like “For every 10 missions done, the game randomly deletes one of your equipped mods and any copy of it in inventory”.

Makes the farm eternal, forces players to break out of build habits, makes content in general evergreen and worth doing all over again, causes players to really reconsider whether they need that specific mod equipped. It’s like pseudo starting all over again and potentially enforces gameplay on players who try their best to avoid it, but it’s better because the player doesn’t immediately lose everything like if they’d completely restarted! Pretty sure there’s a benefit to co-op somewhere in there too

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

7 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

In the distant future, when Sevagoth Prime will be released, no Forma stockpile will be safe.

15 forma =/= stockpile. Come on. Even doing 1 forma per day, like doctor says would yield 300+ forma, without ~2 months of not doing it.

gtbLVY0.png

Though I unironically think Durability/Battle Damage would be a fine system. Put the fear of death back in you heathens. We already had it before as limited Revives, and the only problem with it was that you could only get more revives with plat. But in another timeline if the plat were just replaced with resources it would probably have been fine.

Still ain't evergreen, though. You coulda stopped at the Kuva and actually been on to something, but nah. 🧻

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I personally would like if they had done the gardening thing better , so we could also use the dormizone kitchen to make some edibles that give bonuses.

Kubrow's eggs just need to be fried!

On 2023-08-10 at 1:30 AM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

The idea and meaning of evergreen still eludes them after multiple explanations.

Do you have the slightest idea that your "explanation" doesn't explain a damn thing?

On 2023-08-09 at 2:49 PM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

In the example of steel path the steel essence is the evergreen reward. You can buy things that will always remain relevant like kuva.

What did you explain other than evergreen being a currency to buy another thing?

On 2023-08-09 at 9:33 PM, PublikDomain said:

gtbLVY0.png

Though I unironically think Durability/Battle Damage would be a fine system. Put the fear of death back in you heathens. We already had it before as limited Revives, and the only problem with it was that you could only get more revives with plat. But in another timeline if the plat were just replaced with resources it would probably have been fine.

Still ain't evergreen, though. You coulda stopped at the Kuva and actually been on to something, but nah. 🧻

Each time your warframe dies, it reaches a stage of "battle damage" up to five stages. 
Each stage reduces warframe power, shields, energy, and armor by 15%.

Damaged warframes recover 1 stage per 24 hours.

1 hour ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Each time your warframe dies, it reaches a stage of "battle damage" up to five stages. 
Each stage reduces warframe power, shields, energy, and armor by 15%.

Damaged warframes recover 1 stage per 24 hours.

Personally:

• Each time your Warframe is revived from full death (in the same cases where a revive is consumed), it takes "battle damage" depending on the type and level of the mission
  • A Warframe can be revived from full death as long as it hasn't reached 100% "battle damage"
  • At 100% battle damage the Warframe becomes incapacitated and needs to be fully repaired before it can be deployed in a mission
  • Damaged Warframes recover 5% "battle damage" an hour or can be repaired at the Foundry/Helminth for resources

I don't really see a need for penalties on top, though I guess temporary in-mission revive penalties wouldn't be any different from Operator death penalties no one seems to care about. It'd probably be better if they were temporary buffs, though, since if you're getting killed you're probably struggling and could use some help. Maybe overloading your frame to stand it back up also gives it a short power boost.

While I don't disagree that deaths should have some more weight I have to say I'm not very keen on battle damage or Warframe fatigue system when the game starts you out with measly 2 Warframe slots (half of which is used by your starter). Warframe already has some major MMO quit moments for beginners in the form of crafting timegates so repair timegating what is most likely going to be their only (free) Warframe for a while doesn't sit well with me. 

If there's a place for battle damage/fatigue system I'd say companions could work. Turn all pets and sentinels immortal-but-with-respawn like Vulpaphylas; the battle damage/fatigue system would determine their respawn timer among other things with "happiness" buffs in lieu of Pokemon-Amie affection buffs. Kubrows originally launched with a very rudimentary healthy/happy meters that gave them buffs if they were above neutral, so I don't think adding a more polished version of that with pet maintenance features would be too outlandish. 

Edited by traybong111
grammar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Do you have the slightest idea that your "explanation" doesn't explain a damn thing?

What did you explain other than evergreen being a currency to buy another thing?

Go read the other thread you opened this one in response too. A few people gave you an explanation. Once again, not a hard concept to grasp. Hint: Durability on items is not an example 

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Personally:

• Each time your Warframe is revived from full death (in the same cases where a revive is consumed), it takes "battle damage" depending on the type and level of the mission
  • A Warframe can be revived from full death as long as it hasn't reached 100% "battle damage"
  • At 100% battle damage the Warframe becomes incapacitated and needs to be fully repaired before it can be deployed in a mission
  • Damaged Warframes recover 5% "battle damage" an hour or can be repaired at the Foundry/Helminth for resources

I don't really see a need for penalties on top, though I guess temporary in-mission revive penalties wouldn't be any different from Operator death penalties no one seems to care about. It'd probably be better if they were temporary buffs, though, since if you're getting killed you're probably struggling and could use some help. Maybe overloading your frame to stand it back up also gives it a short power boost.

What do you mean? 15% reduced power, energy, shield, and armor isnt a penalty. Its a buff. 
It means you dont need to use a decaying dragon key for shield gating!

On 2023-08-13 at 1:54 AM, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

What do you mean? 15% reduced power, energy, shield, and armor isnt a penalty. Its a buff. 
It means you dont need to use a decaying dragon key for shield gating!

That's why I don't reduce them, just weaker ability damage with increased chance to get affected by status effects so enjoy getting bleed or toxin to the point of nearly guaranteed on every hit even from a charger's swipe