Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Duviri: Hotfix 33.6.4

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, Tiltskillet said:

But why do you see the problem with it but are fine with Mesmer Skin and Mesmer Shield?

Probably because it wasn't Styanax Prime Access. It's the same vibe as when Nezha Prime Access was skipped for Inaros Prime Access because The Steel Path had just launched. 

We weren't allowed to have 99% self damage Trinity's Blessing, or Wukong's Defy, but immortality for a new Prime Access is acceptable, and nerfing a Warframe people only really use because it was free twice is just sad. They made sure not to nerf Rhino, which is coincidentally a major progression milestone for new players.

This is just disappointing.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed active Warframe Abilities (ex: Voruna’s Ulfrun’s Endurance Augment Mod, Equinox’ Maim, Gauss’ Redline, and Ember’s Immolation) getting deactivated and reset at the end of each Stage in the Circuit.

This is good and all but can this "fix" please also be applied to buffs not persisting through host migrations?

I know that this is probably harder to than just an undercroft transition do due to the coding behind host migrations but if I am continuing to play as a result of obtaining a buff I shouldn't then immediately be punished by losing said buff as a result.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SplitzyPrime said:

Reverse the overguard cap, thats actually so lame. Do you know that enemies at only like level 200 one shot 15,000 overguard? theres 9999 levels.  Being one shot isnt fun gameplay

Tell me, how are you getting oneshot with two damage gates (OGuard and Oshield) active?

Edited by Trancerberos
i posted twice the same
  • Like 2

There are higher levels than 9999. And level 200 enemies don't one shot a 15k overguard unless are standing still and being a punching bag. Getting one shotted with shield gate and overguard is a skill issue.

Edited by Doomelf
  • Like 3

Loving the Angstrum changes, especially the way to charge it is right on the mark! Was fun to try the rocket launcher shotgun-pistol again, but trying to get charges was just frustrating and unfun with the spread. Body shots are much more managable without spending too much time and ammo trying to get the shots to go straight.

Just now, Shade_Mist said:

How about removing the only one type of weapon from sorties. Ever since you did that ammo nerf and kuva nerf I have been running around in sorties with no ammo when you can only use pistols only with my nukor.

Have you tried not using a weapon with poor ammo economy or building around that deficiency? That's kind of the point of the ammo changes. You don't have to use Kuva Nukor.

• Like 6

Zitat
  • Overguard granted by Styanax’s Intrepid Stand Augment Mod is now capped at 15k (at 100% Ability Strength), which scales with Ability Strength. 
    • Outside of maintaining the status quo (excluding Rhino’s Iron skin, which requires skillful timing to scale), the Augment allowed for infinite amounts of Overguard to be stacked effortlessly and quickly, which could trivialize challenging content and limit future design space. The survivability and team support element that players have been enjoying on Styanax is still preserved, just at a more practical level to encourage more dynamic play.

RiP was fun and actually playable while it lasted. and NO it wasnt overpowered, it takes way longer to even build up 500k then SP circuit enemies chew through it, at lvl 1000 you basically spam Final Stand as hard as you can to keep refreshing overguard gate to keep everyone alive.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Overguard granted by Frost’s Icy Avalanche Augment Mod now stacks on cast (up to 15k, which scales with Ability Strength) instead of keeping the highest value from the original or recast. 

This ... This is exactly what frost needed (well not really as there are other things ) to make him really rounded out in today's playstyles and game loadouts.

This makes me really happy.

Also interested to see how the incarnons feel now.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Corrupted Jackal Undercroft Assassination Changes: 

• The following changes have been made to address feedback that the fight feels a tad too challenging on the Steel Path. 
    • The Corrupted Jackal Asssassination mission will now appear at stage 4 and onwards in The Circuit to ensure players have had a chance to earn more Decrees before taking it on.

Just got Jackal on Stage 2 on Lone Story.

By this logic, I don't think Jackal should be able to appear at all in lone story/pre-Orowyrm if you want to ensure that players have a chance to earn some decrees before tackling the fight. By stage 4 in Circuit you'd have at 9 decrees max. Whereas in Lone Story stage 2 undercroft you get 2 decrees max.

And since I have this quoted, the second assassination has one too many s's in the patch notes (thanks spell checker for working on quoted pieces as well)

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 1

Curious to see what the Anku Incarnon changes will be. For sure it needs substantial buffs, because as others have pointed out in other threads, the stats are laughable when compared to Hate Incarnon when Hate is already a far stronger scythe. But also the increased Slash Damage on slide attacks is completely useless unless it scales off total base damage like an elemental.

I'm also wondering if there will be any more tweaks to the duviri melee weapons. What I would like to see:

• The Syam's Heavy Attacks and Sampotese's Slam Attacks to have actual unique VFX that are noticeable instead of just sparks popping of the ground. (The insistence on just using those sparks for every VFX needs to be addressed in general, it's disappointing each time it shows up on something new.)
  • Azothane's unique combo to have forced Heat and Impact Proc, and grant substantially more combo.
  • Edun's Heavy Attack to be adjusted so that you don't lunge forward right before the throw. That small lunge makes the spear miss its intended target. Some additional VFX for spear would also be appreciated, like swirling energy around it as it travels.

34 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Probably because it wasn't Styanax Prime Access. It's the same vibe as when Nezha Prime Access was skipped for Inaros Prime Access because The Steel Path had just launched. 

We weren't allowed to have 99% self damage Trinity's Blessing, or Wukong's Defy, but immortality for a new Prime Access is acceptable, and nerfing a Warframe people only really use because it was free twice is just sad. They made sure not to nerf Rhino, which is coincidentally a major progression milestone for new players.

This is just disappointing.

It's plausible, although I don't know why they would have doubled down on it with Mesmer Shield during Baruuk's PA.  Maybe it was  in the pipeline but not ready in time.

13 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Just got Jackal on Stage 2 on Lone Story.

By this logic, I don't think Jackal should be able to appear at all in lone story/pre-Orowyrm if you want to ensure that players have a chance to earn some decrees before tackling the fight. By stage 4 in Circuit you'd have at 9 decrees max. Whereas in Lone Story stage 2 undercroft you get 2 decrees max.

And since I have this quoted, the second assassination has one too many s's in the patch notes (thanks spell checker for working on quoted pieces as well)

Jackal is one of the fastest stages. Lone Story also doesn't scale. I much rather take Jackal during Pathos Clamps farming than Survival.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Have you tried not using a weapon with poor ammo economy or building around that deficiency? That's kind of the point of the ammo changes. You don't have to use Kuva Nukor.

I do wish changes were made to Ammo Mutation mods so that if you picked up ammo matching your weapon's type, you would get a bonus, or a second pass through on the ammo changes. The Kuva Zarr for example was nerfed in such a weird way that there is never a reason to use its flechette fire mode because it consumes the same amount of ammo as its cannon mode but significantly underperforms for its ammo cost and when compared to its AOE fire mode. It really should have more ammo to make use of it's flechette fire mode while consuming more ammo for the AOE mode so players have to choose between the two fire modes instead of AOE being the only option.

I really just want my bullet hoses to be more usable though, they feel like they're impacted harder due to their single target nature and low damage per hit and I dislike being forced into meta weapons because of an overbroad nerf to ammo which is bypassed by incarnons and powercreep.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Overguard granted by Styanax’s Intrepid Stand Augment Mod is now capped at 15k (at 100% Ability Strength), which scales with Ability Strength. 

So I agree that Intrepid Stand needed tuning.  (Not sure if you nerfed it the right way or not yet.) 

But why do you see the problem with it but are fine with Mesmer Skin and Mesmer Shield?

edit: Voltage beat me to it.

I guess you are not supposed to use 4th too often.

Incarnon Genesis Changes:

Sooo... no changes in Incarno shop (still the same weapons)?

26 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

Multishot decreases charge per shot for me. Just tested

The person you quoted wasn't specific enough.  What's happening is that multishot is seemingly handled sequentially.  So any damage instance that kills the target will prevent any other multishot instances from colliding with the head and building more charges.  This has always been the case to an extent, but before Kullervo dropped we could still get some damage  instances to collide after the target was dead.  So the Incarnon charging system was much more forgiving, especially against weaker enemies, than it is now.

To see what I'm talking about, compare charging up on low level non-SP enemies versus high level SP.  The difference is really stark.

edit: Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.  Although if you meant that multi is directly decreasing the amount of charge you get per trigger pull, AFAIK that isn't the case.  What can happen is that multi is a little less valuable than it would otherwise be.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1