The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

2 hours ago, Xsoskeleton said:

but i have no value for regal aya since i already paid all that S#&$ following all the older prime releases.

DE have zero idea what kind of audience they are targeting thats for sure.

Putting a currency that is completely worthless to some people was a horrible idea.  It's even horrible for 90% of the people that could use it since the items you can buy with it are on rotation. Are they expecting people to hang on to the aya for months or years?  Are they expecting people who buy the pack and can't use the aya to skip the next prime warframe and wait years to be able to use the aya when it enters prime resurgence? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Still too expensive even with regional pricing with regal aya being only useful if you don't have both frost and mag prime

Nah.

Aya does not reset when a new cycle starts. You can buy any warframe or accessory or item prime with that. 

2 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Funny that people were mad that there's nothing exclusive other than Excalibur prime like that primed chamber "disrespecting those who grinded for it" and now an exclusive skin is bad

Still too expensive even with regional pricing with regal aya being only useful if you don't have both frost and mag prime

This may be a hot take but I'm glad they never made anything else exclusive. If they hadn't made that promise to never release Excal Prime/Skana Prime/Lato Prime I honestly would be happy if everyone else would be able to get them. 

• Like 3

I think they should just knock out the regal aya and drop the price by $20-$30USD. It would be a nice balance of buyers to price and would most definitely solve the problem for many folks. The uptick in purchases would look great overall and the skins look too dang good for sales to take a hit. 

That said, I seriously, SERIOUSLY hate the freakin FOMO argument. It shows a level of human weakness that should not be championed around like it's acceptable. Using it so freely only makes it easier for people to then whine about significantly smaller issues. That will bite us all in the rear.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, eksby said:

This may be a hot take but I'm glad they never made anything else exclusive. If they hadn't made that promise to never release Excal Prime/Skana Prime/Lato Prime I honestly would be happy if everyone else would be able to get them. 

I'm with you there. Also a founder (forum badge just doesn't show because of a bug) and I would be 100% okay with them releasing excalibur prime (not just because I missed the weapons either, they could re-release excalibur prime only and I'd still be okay with it, lesser so than the whole set but anything coming out of permanent exclusivity is good as far as I'm concerned) if it didn't mean they'd be going back on their word. But, even then, at this point I feel like I could look past them going back on their word for founders packs because I feel they're doing much worse things right now. 

hace 5 minutos, NecroPed dijo:

I'm with you there. Also a founder (forum badge just doesn't show because of a bug) and I would be 100% okay with them releasing excalibur prime (not just because I missed the weapons either, they could re-release excalibur prime only and I'd still be okay with it, lesser so than the whole set but anything coming out of permanent exclusivity is good as far as I'm concerned) if it didn't mean they'd be going back on their word. But, even then, at this point I feel like I could look past them going back on their word for founders packs because I feel they're doing much worse things right now. 

The question is if it's Tencent's or Rebecca's fault?  I don't know if it's just me but I feel like things are different from a year and a half ago to today.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
Add text
  • Like 2

Just now, CosoMalvadoNG said:

The question is if it's Tencent's or Rebecca's fault?

I have faith that it's not rebecca, but I will generalise it to DE until and if it becomes known who's explicit decision it is. If they can't make the distinction themselves then they're all in the same group as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, trst said:

It is a pricier bundle but they've been doing supporter bundles since Railjack. And well before that with the console exclusive bundles. Plus the pricing is fair for what's included, whether or not it should have the extra currencies as filler is worth questioning but is still in-line with other bundles.

So aside from the price point it's really not unusual for DE's standards.

Aya is completely useless for some people and others may have to wait months or years to be able to use it. It's also a currency that is used exclusively for prime resurgence stuff you can't even use it to get new items/content.  It's only fair if you go by what DE claims it's worth.

Also the skins are basically just deluxe skins. Why didn't they use this opportunity to let you voidshell the armor bits of the skin if they wanted to make them special?

The thing people have already pointed out tho is that there always has been fomo. 

Every tennocon has exclusive cosmetics that cost money and don't return. 

Every prime access has stuff you can only buy with money that is very expensive, and if you don't get it you have to wait years before it comes back. Prime Resurgence is cheaper but you still have that fear of the cosmetics not coming back for a long time.

Even coupons give fomo by saying that you need to purchase said item/plat now while you're on the fence, or else you'll change your mind later and have to spend more money to get the skin/Warframe that you wanted.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

I don't like it , but it is not the first time they have put in some exclusives nor has fomo as a concept been alien to the practices that DE implements.

I won't be buying it , but those that have the money are free to use it how they see fit.

There is also no reason for it to not make a comeback down the line.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Oberick said:

Aya is completely useless for some people and others may have to wait months or years to be able to use it. It's also a currency that is used exclusively for prime resurgence stuff you can't even use it to get new items/content.  It's only fair if you go by what DE claims it's worth.

Also the skins are basically just deluxe skins. Why didn't they use this opportunity to let you voidshell the armor bits of the skin if they wanted to make them special?

The only people it's completely worthless to are the players who've purchased literally every single PA pack (not just accessories but the frame packs) and who've gotten every Prime Gaming offer. And only remains as such if they choose to continue purchasing PA packs while sitting on their Regal Aya. But sure it might not be fair to them but at the same time we are talking about players who've willingly put thousands into the game.

And the price is fair given what DE already charges for similar items. Sure plat can be gotten cheaper but plat can be gotten for "free" thus making it impossible to make a fair comparison there.

But aside from all that the point still stands that there's nothing really out of the ordinary with this bundle. Even the argument of Regal being worthless to some players can be made for the plat that's been included in all the previous time limited exclusive bundles.

9 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

There is also no reason for it to not make a comeback down the line.

Please read the FAQ.

Q: Will these Heirloom Collections return after 2023?

A: The Mag and Frost Heirloom Collections are only available now until December 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m ET. This is your only chance to get these exclusive new Customizations!

There is a reason they will not make a comeback down the line: DE has explicitly stated ahead of time in the FAQ for this bundle that they will not be coming back. Ever. "This is your only chance".

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Please read the FAQ.

There is a reason they will not make a comeback down the line: DE has explicitly stated ahead of time in the FAQ for this bundle that they will not be coming back. Ever. "This is your only chance".

Well, guess I will be missing out on it like every other tenno con cosmetic. Oh well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Well, guess I will be missing out on it like every other tenno con cosmetic. Oh well.

Not if it's changed, then you don't have to miss out. Exclusive cosmetics have always sucked even if DE's made them before, and the only reason they keep adding more is because people roll over and let them. People didn't roll over and we got separate PA cosmetics. People didn't roll over and we got plat put back into Prime Resurgence. People didn't roll over and we got Archon Shard RNG protection. People didn't roll over and we got better Lich Ephemera drop rates. This despite the constant, incessant naysaying from the usual "yOu'Re JuSt EnTiTleD" crowd, the game can and has gotten better. Don't roll over and we can get less timed exclusive cash-only content, too.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, trst said:

The only people it's completely worthless to are the players who've purchased literally every single PA pack (not just accessories but the frame packs) and who've gotten every Prime Gaming offer. And only remains as such if they choose to continue purchasing PA packs while sitting on their Regal Aya. But sure it might not be fair to them but at the same time we are talking about players who've willingly put thousands into the game.

And the price is fair given what DE already charges for similar items. Sure plat can be gotten cheaper but plat can be gotten for "free" thus making it impossible to make a fair comparison there.

But aside from all that the point still stands that there's nothing really out of the ordinary with this bundle. Even the argument of Regal being worthless to some players can be made for the plat that's been included in all the previous time limited exclusive bundles.

It's not just people who purchased everything. Its also people who purchased everything they want.  It's also potentially worthless for several months out of the year for anyone who might have something they want since the shop items rotate in and out. Should you be required to hold your aya for a year plus? Should you be forced to by junk you didn't want just to make use of it?  Plat is useful for everyone who has it since you can use it to buy new things, old things, trade it to players, use it to speed up projects, etc... Aya is only useful for old items and if the stuff you don't want isn't available you gotta wait months for it to rotate back in meanwhile if I want an old prime I can trade plat to a player for the parts, or if I want a decade old skin I can just go to the shop and buy it with plat.

• Like 5

On 2023-08-27 at 3:18 AM, -wauf- said:

This is disappointing that DE would add such a scummy pack to their game.  I thought they liked people clamoring that they had fair F2P model, guess that's over now.

I thought DE brought this up because people want to buy Excalibur Prime and even enticed DE to break their promise 10 years ago.

Edited by ToKeSia
  • Like 2

I've lurked around reddit and here and saw the argument about "it's just cosmetics", I still can't the arguments behind it because there are other alternatives and the appearance of FashionFrame™ is subjective. If they do this to weapons, all cosmetics, or anything that directly impacts gameplay I'd surely flip the table too.

But the accolade, thinking about it now, it doesn't sink the right way. You got players who have been playing for many years and someone can just pay for the right item to get it. And I'm pretty sure that some of those long-time players spent money for platinum and tennogen cosmetics, helping the engine to keep running. They got nothing, unless they pay for a certain something? Not sure if DE is in dire straits financially right now and it doesn't seem like it so far, but with Founders it was special as hell. That was what got the game up and running, decided its future and Warframe was pretty small back then. So the exclusivity is pretty damn worth of a recognition.

It'd probably be best for to ditch the ten year supporter accolade for this too and just give it to anyone who spent an iota of cash into the game and has been playing for years.

Edited by Stafelund
added words
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Not if it's changed, then you don't have to miss out. Exclusive cosmetics have always sucked even if DE's made them before, and the only reason they keep adding more is because people roll over and let them. People didn't roll over and we got separate PA cosmetics. People didn't roll over and we got plat put back into Prime Resurgence. People didn't roll over and we got Archon Shard RNG protection. People didn't roll over and we got better Lich Ephemera drop rates. This despite the constant, incessant naysaying from the usual "yOu'Re JuSt EnTiTleD" crowd, the game can and has gotten better. Don't roll over and we can get less timed exclusive cash-only content, too.

I assume you are highlighting how DE can change certain aspects if enough players either complain or simply ignore the said aspect with their wallets. And are not calling anyone out for " rolling over" if they do want to buy it or engage with it.

I don't feel fomo acutely myself , so I have many many many things (mostly cosmetic) that I haven't bought (requiring plat , real money or excessive grind) so I am definitely not rolling over anytime soon.

I also think DE can make more money if they price the items more reasonably , but i keep my opinions about any organization's business decisions very mild especially if it doesn't affect the actual gameplay.

11 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I assume you are highlighting how DE can change certain aspects if enough players either complain or simply ignore the said aspect with their wallets. And are not calling anyone out for " rolling over" if they do want to buy it or engage with it.

Of course. Buy this content if you want, I'm not your mom. Everyone is free to do what they want with their money. Everyone is also free to vote with their wallets and/or voice their complaints or concerns. The "rolling over" I'm talking about is this throwing up of arms going "oh well, guess that's that" like nothing can or should change, as if just because DE's done something uncool in the past it's fine for them to continue to do uncool things in the present and future. DE makes bad decisions all the time, and those bad decisions can and have been reversed (and in some cases even made into good decisions) as long as people don't go around acting like this is the way it is and will always be.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 7

prime access includes thousands upon thousands of platinum & a seasons worth of boosters, plus if you miss it you can always pick up the next one with nearly no interruption in between each prime access

this heirloom pack has 400 - 600 platinum which is not enough to justify the immense price, Aya which has no use for many (not most) players
i don't at all understand why the skins are being retired instead of only the 10Y Accolade, it's the only thing that should be getting retired at end-of-year

i really don't think DE should take after Path Of Exiles most disliked & infamous system - their obscene pricing selling cosmetics locked behind up to 480 dollars  & time exclusive never to return afterwards, it's such a waste.
i really hope to see them address these concerns, i'm not seeing anyone in any WF circles i'm in be in favour or understand the thinking behind the pricing & stuffing waste into the bundles

Edited by Navarc
  • Like 5

Thanks to our players, we survived and successfully moved past 10 years. We are working hard to deliver a whole new era for everyone who loves Warframe. As a new start of that, we have made a new 'Ten Year Accolade' for our supporters and for those who missed 'Founders Accolade'. We also introduced a new series of skins for our supporters to have early access to show our appreciation. It is your supports that kept this community alive, and we will keep that in mind. As a special supporter pack, we want it to be time limited to highlight the nature of this supporter pack. WE will not add a bunch of useless piece of s, it is your freedom to choose which degree of support you would like to give. I believe our true supporter will still like to support based on the statistic of prime access full package sale (yes we know most of the prime accessories are garbage, and no one care about it). 

*brief to comfort myself for buying. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pack contents include: <br> *A fairy told me.

RISEN HEIRLOOM COLLECTION  $ 20 for purely support

Ten Year Accolade
Deca Heirloom Sigil
Deca Heirloom Glyph
Deca Heirloom Emote
Deca Heirloom Color Palette
400 Platinum

CELESTIAL HEIRLOOM COLLECTION $50 for some extra support
Ten Year Accolade
Frost Heirloom Skin
Frost Heirloom Signa
Mag Heirloom Skin
Mag Heirloom Signa

ZENITH HEIRLOOM COLLECTION $70 for full support

all content above.

LODESTAR HEIRLOOM COLLECTION $100 for some extra to collect previous prime items

all content above + Regal Aya x 6

<br>

---------------------------------------------------

*good price for me

Edited by Hardyc_Tenno
more clear

26 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Of course. Buy this content if you want, I'm not your mom. Everyone is free to do what they want with their money. Everyone is also free to vote with their wallets and/or voice their complaints or concerns. The "rolling over" I'm talking about is this throwing up of arms going "oh well, guess that's that" like nothing can or should change, as if just because DE's done something uncool in the past it's fine for them to continue to do uncool things in the present and future. DE makes bad decisions all the time, and those bad decisions can and have been reversed (and in some cases even made into good decisions) as long as people don't go around acting like this is the way it is and will always be.

Oh well :P

yeah , we are not arguing as I agree with you statements , just wanted to make sure there was no confusion between us.

While they won't do this as it's already been released, they should have had the highest cost of the pack be only 30 USD AND still have the same contents, even the Aya & Platinum, purely as a bonus.

As it is now, if they don't get enough pushback on this, expect this kind of predatory monetization to get worse.

What they can do now is to just release a low-cost version without the Aya & Platinum, as they typically use those just to inflate the price as their value is whatever they say it is. Platinum especially has a wildly varying price due to all the discounts that could be used in its purchase, so equating it purely to its non-discounted price is just asinine.

• Like 3

Im honestly not suprised in the slightest. It was a question of when not if DE would go down this route. I've spent way too much on this game over the years and this is just insulting. One more reason for me to not pick up the game for nearly a year now. Thats the best way to alienate your loyal player/customer base.

• Like 8