Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

9 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

A youtuber rant is never a good reflection. They will ALWAYS gravitate towards rage bait so people post them.  People shouldn't use youtubers to form their opinions. 

While I do tend to shy away from YTs doing stuff or posting their videos (since it's subject to a lot of stuff) I think just for this one time, it's very well deserved 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

She is now responsible for Warframe and the bucket stops with her.

Considering most of the content that is upcoming has so many references to Vampires and Jo-Jo, you have you answer 

1 hour ago, Mixnek said:

I hope this isn't WF's future monetasation strategy. Have you not learned from the fiasco regal aya was (is)?

It is and will always be

3 hours ago, Stafelund said:

I've lurked around reddit and here and saw the argument about "it's just cosmetics", I still can't the arguments behind it because there are other alternatives and the appearance of FashionFrame™ is subjective. If they do this to weapons, all cosmetics, or anything that directly impacts gameplay I'd surely flip the table too.

But the accolade, thinking about it now, it doesn't sink the right way. You got players who have been playing for many years and someone can just pay for the right item to get it. And I'm pretty sure that some of those long-time players spent money for platinum and tennogen cosmetics, helping the engine to keep running. They got nothing, unless they pay for a certain something? Not sure if DE is in dire straits financially right now and it doesn't seem like it so far, but with Founders it was special as hell. That was what got the game up and running, decided its future and Warframe was pretty small back then. So the exclusivity is pretty damn worth of a recognition.

It'd probably be best for to ditch the ten year supporter accolade for this too and just give it to anyone who spent an iota of cash into the game and has been playing for years.

The reddit threads literally made me sick to my stomach. So many fanboys there that will defend stuff like this and legitimately belittle and blame others. Reddit is a cesspool. What's worse is that DE actually listens to reddit.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 6

Hey let's listen to Warframe and the defenders, I mean you don't HAVE to buy it. In fact, in spirit of this let's look back at the other things they also didn't have to buy and in fact should bring back!

r/memeframe - No One Forced Them To.

I am waiting for them to bring these back in, after all.

The players didn't have to buy or use those so why change it, amirite?

• Like 4

I can only think that the pricing of PSN is wrong: the price difference is about 1.7 times higher than PC and Xbox, and the yen-dollar exchange rate is 180 yen to the dollar.

The price difference between consoles is unavoidable to some extent, but even so, I feel that PSN is the only one with an exorbitant price tag.

If they can break the vow of no more timed exclusives then I can expect them to break the promise of Excalibur Prime not returning anymore right? I mean the $90 will actually be worthwhile. While yes it's not like the promise is written in the EULA but the EULA also doesn't forbid them to resell Excalibur Prime.

Edited by Marvelous_A

8 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

If they can break the vow of no more timed exclusives then I can expect them to break the promise of Excalibur Prime not returning anymore right? I mean the $90 will actually be worthwhile. While yes it's not like the promise is written in the EULA but the EULA also doesn't forbid them to resell Excalibur Prime.

If they were to break any vow, even as a founder myself, I would prefer they break the vow of never releasing excalibur prime again. I still think they should hold to that statement, but if I had to pick one or the other I'd choose losing my exclusivity any day. 

• Like 1

I'm not pissed off or anything like that. But I can't say I wasn't a tad disappointed at that price-tag. Balked, in fact. It's like buying 2 games from Steam lol. Though I buy plats from time-to-time, this kind of "marketing" is like a sign to cool off on the plat purchases. I even topped up to see what else would added into the Market for the anniversary. I guess I'll be sitting on that for slots and what-not for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

2 skins, or add 10$ and preorder starfield premium edition....... hmm.....

oh wait, i found a site with the premium edition and it cost 8$ less then the heirloom collection, sorry DE, i'll sleep on those skins.

you really expect me to pay more money on skins then a brand new game? teak that stupid 90$ bundle, remove the regal aya and platinum, and make it 40$, add platinum to 70$ bundle, and add regal aya to 90$ bundle, how hard is that?

image.png

Edited by BloodKitten
  • Like 7

1. Remove the time limited purchase of tier 1 and 2. Double the amount of regal aya in tier 1 to allow the direct purchase of both warframes (6 is just enough for 1 purchase).

2. Remove the lower tier bundle :I’m pretty sure nobody bought or will buy it. Who cares about a bunch of sigils or emotes.

3. Have a bundle with the two skins w the crows (sorry forget the name) without any type of currency : no regal aya nor platinum. As there is no currency, this bundle will be purchasable through traditional currency i.e. plat (around more or less 500). If DE want this bundle to be time limited, fair enough : the tier 1 and 2 aren’t.

4. Make each skin purchasable separately without crown (all deluxe bundle have an incentive through cosmetics not purchasable outside bundle) for platinum of course (more or less 200p). If DE want they may time limited those skins.

Edited by (PSN)HeartCoreGamer

7 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I think they should just knock out the regal aya and drop the price by $20-$30USD. It would be a nice balance of buyers to price and would most definitely solve the problem for many folks. The uptick in purchases would look great overall and the skins look too dang good for sales to take a hit. 

That said, I seriously, SERIOUSLY hate the freakin FOMO argument. It shows a level of human weakness that should not be championed around like it's acceptable. Using it so freely only makes it easier for people to then whine about significantly smaller issues. That will bite us all in the rear.

Society is in such a weird place these days. FOMO complaints by people not missing out are so strange to me. The complaint about times exclusives used to be by the people that actually missed the exclusives.  Now it's by people that are mad that the choice is even presented to them. 

16 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

Great?

So you skip past posts but make judgements about later ones with no real context. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for sharing. 

Not that I skip posts but make judgements, more so that I don't read the name of every user and put it in the context of prior posts and follow every minor argument developing or keep scores on who started what where. Especially when threads start reaching this size. 

Does that help? Basically I am saying that, I do not know if you started off pleasantly and patiently, and the other user started being rude or not. 

I am trying to defuse the situation. For example, I am going to say something, that I think you already know. I am not presuming you don't know, so I am not saying this as if I think you don't, but generally.. when I know something, that someone else doesn't, myself telling them "You are clearly out of your depth, try to read up on published papers, you don't know the sacred texts, like me, I am actually someone very important and big, who has worked in this field" to them... Isn't really going to help them understand, explain much, or make my position seem more credible. 

Its more akin to someone getting a bit defensive and argumentative and dismissive, in an argument. Again, I'm pretty sure you already know this already. Its also why I quoted you, because I think you have the power and ability to influence the decision. If you have worked in the field, I am sure you could actually try to explain the topic more directly, without frustration or throwing jabs. People will recognise your expertise with your explanations without you having to just blankly insist you are an authority. I also understand that people can be frustrating, dismissive, rude etc sometimes anyway and may have been to you, but doesn't take much to avoid escalating. 

No worries, cheers. 

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Society is in such a weird place these days. FOMO complaints by people not missing out are so strange to me. The complaint about times exclusives used to be by the people that actually missed the exclusives.  Now it's by people that are mad that the choice is even presented to them. 

If they're complaining and not missing out, they're likely the very victims being affected by FOMO the most because they're making purchases they might not otherwise make, or even just making the purchase at that time, purely because of FOMO. In fact, I would argue that some of the people most worthy of criticising it are those who partake in it. FOMO isn't just about missing out, it's also about spending when you normally might not. 

21 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

So it's bad to complain now and OK to complain 6 months later? Bad business practice is bad 6 months later or not. Players complain FOMO now so they don't fall victim to even more predatory FOMO in the future I guess it is kinda hard for some people to understand. When the predatory marketing trick works, they test for your bottom line, then they test it further and further and then that's basically how you get EA.

Say like Regal Aya. Perfect example of bottom-line testing. We used to occasionally get PV accessories packs that have a syandana and armor set (say like Chroma Prime). Under the current system the same money gets you 3 ayas and syandana and armor set each costs 2 ayas. So tada now we lost the chance the getting a syandana AND an armor set forever. But wait, before that the platinum was also NOT INCLUDED in the aya packs. Bottom-line testing you see? And there was huge players backlash, players complain and complain and complain, and then DE gave the platinum BACK which was always there. But we still lost the chance the getting a syandana AND an armor set forever. See how this bottom-line sh1t works?

Edited by Marvelous_A

21 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

So it's bad to complain now and OK to complain 6 months later? Bad business practice is bad 6 months later or not. Players complain FOMO now so they don't fall victim to even more predatory FOMO in the future I guess it is kinda hard for some people to understand. When the predatory marketing trick works, they test for your bottom line, then they test it further and further and then that's basically how you get EA.

I hate timed exclusives too, but only because I hate when I miss the opportunity to get something that I willingly want to purchase. I'm not complaining about being tempted to buy something I don't want. Or devs abusing my lack of self control.

The FOMO complaints these days have devolved into claiming that they're being forced/manipulated  into buying something or take part in something that they don't really want to. It's become about lack of self control and not about making items available to everyone.

Edited by Hypernaut1

10 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You don't consider the ability for individuals to think about other peoples positions and concerns, and how and why that can be beneficial to the whole of people? I don't think you can easily generalise peoples, complaints stances and perspectives so easily. Think about it this way "the complaint about timed exclusives use to be by the people who had moustaches" uhh... Just seems like an odd thing to say, especially if the concept is strange to you. Its like acknowledging that might not have the best intuitive grasp for a concept but then making a claim about the people that do with confidence. 

Speaking for myself, I have always been weary about practices that create pressures and anxieties on individuals ability to participate or partake in certain activities or pastimes. Which is a pretty broad thing to say, but well, there can be a lot to it. We also know that its something that many at DE also consider too, but its also a fairly large, complex and nuance subject too. I am not implying its simple or easy with clear answers at every point. Anyway, with all of that, the variable that the time windows involved only were important if it was directly tied to the individual and only the individual (its only about me and my experiences and whether I can get something or not), is... pretty limited. I am sure many individuals may have that attitude and perspective, but many many also inherently think about others and the larger picture too. Including many individuals at DE. 

Generally this is why I think DE is better than most other game industry companies. Last year a video of Steves explanation of DE's monetary/monetisation approach resurfaced, where he touched on being messaged by a type of player that was willing to spend money, but they said something offhanded about free to play players, which caused a negative reaction from Steve. I am paraphrasing, because I am trying to remember a video from over a year ago, but... I wasn't around when Warframe was young, yet I benefitted from Steve's decision making process at the time. 

I also wanted to quickly reply to you here, because yesterday you made an unprompted off topic reply to me, but you never answered my question. I do not know the intention behind your earlier message. It could have been positive or complimentary, but it could also have been undermining and passively insulting. Its hard to tell when someone doesn't address the inquiry. I hope it wasn't the latter, and rather the former or at least somewhat neutral query. You are also free to privately message me, if you have curiosity about how I type. Thanks. 

• Like 3

It doesnt matter which person on the team actually came up with the price tags or the bundle content. Those responsibilities are for DE to figure out, they are irrelevant for us players. For us it is simply the company using the greedy free to play tactic of bloating up bundles with things that have no inherent value. The heirloom bundle is the best example of that. I have no use for the regal aya but I cant choose to simply only buy the skins themselves. It's just a scummy business practice. I sarcastically wished them good luck trying to get away with stuff like this during the regal aya debacle. I hope they dont get away with it and I'm glad people are loud about it. We only beat stuff like this if it becomes a bad look for DE.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No, I hate timed expensive too, but only because I hate when I miss the opportunity to get something that I willingly want to purchase. I'm not complaining about being tempted to buy something I don't want. The FOMO complaints these days have devolved into claiming that they're being forced to buy something or take part in something that they don't really want to. 

It's not about whether you have the chance to get it or not. FOMO overall is just horrible business practice. Just because you haven't fallen victim to it YET doesn't mean it's problematic to complain about it. Gamers are just so get used to the FOMO business model some of them even defend it which is just sad because we literally have nothing to gain from FOMOs. Maybe the right to brag at the latecomers, IDK.

• Like 7