The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

1 minute ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

And remember, if you don't pay an extra 90$ none of the money means that you're a 'Ten Year Supporter'

Bright side, I now see why I took such offense to this predatory heirloom nonsense. I spent this much on warframe as it is, do I really have to spend any more for a pair of cosmetics I really want??

Ive been playing Warframe for 10 years

Ive Played and Grinded every corner of this Game, I completed all Achievements and Im up to date with all Content.
I got all Kuva and Tenet Weapons (what a pain), every Prime Warframe, I unlocked every Subsumed Ability, Ive Min Maxed
every Build and perfected my Set-Up for every Type of Mission. Ive even hunted down every Kuria and every Cephalon Fragment.
I got in Love with the Lotus in The Second Dream, my Heart crushed by The Sacrifice and my Mind blown by The New War and The Duviri Paradox

Ive watched every Devstream, every Tennocon and I engaged with this magnificent and wholesome Community, helping Newbies get strong,
giving away Stuff, citing the Wiki like its "The Sacred Texts". Convincing my Friends to Play, creating my own Clan and grind with me for hours

Ive even posted my Ideas and Suggestions on this Forums and Ive seen so many others do so. Some of these Suggestions, the most Important
and the ones the Community was most vocal about were addressed and implemented, I personally Suggested Gara Kaleida keeping her Glass Armor
and the Back Holster for Glaives a-la TRON, but Ive also seen stuff like Coptering, and the Kubrow Eggs Slot Machine being 
acknowledged

This acknowledgement and utter RESPECT to the Community encouraged me to Commit and open my Wallet to Warframe and DE

I spent LOTS of Money, Catalysts, Forma, Slots, Decorations I have (almost) every Deluxe Skin, I bought 2 Prime Access,4 Prime Accessories
and a TON of Tennogen stuff. Ive always been glad to Support this Game because it has the best F2P Model ever made and DE
puts his F2P Players first, or at least they used to... I was ready to Support Warframe for 10 more years

However this is a sort of farewell, I will come back to play every Quest because I just need to know more
about this Mind-blowing Lore DE is crafting, but I will not spend a single dime more because for the celebration
of 10 years we got (for the first time ever) Two Deluxe Skins locked behind a Paywall and FOMO, I understand DE needs to
make Money and Ive been always glad to help out because I knew F2P Players were able to participate in the True Endgame (FashionFrame)
regardless if they could spend Money or not. 
But it seems these Players are not DE's priority anymore and I wouldnt be at Peace with myself
if I supported these new Predatory Monetization Tactics, I just cant...

If DE makes the Frost and Mag Deluxe Skins available for Plat like did not so long ago with the Protovyre Volt and Mesa Deluxe Skins then
 will open my Wallet again (make them 550 Platinum each for all I care, but do it), and I will be there to give DE my Money and keep
engaging with Warframe like Ive been doing for the last 10 years. But if not then my Support ends right now effective immediately
and I will pour my Passion, Time and Money on a different Game.

I wish I could say DE is the same studio that has always been but that is clearly not the case,
They are changing and I dont like the path they are taking, I just cant get behind this....

Thanks for 10 Years of Warframe, to DE and the Community, I wish the best for Warframe but I will not support Predatory Monetization

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Claytronus02 said:

Bright side, I now see why I took such offense to this predatory heirloom nonsense. I spent this much on warframe as it is, do I really have to spend any more for a pair of cosmetics I really want??

To further add onto that, if there were a $20-$25 option, just the cosmetics? I would buy it in a heartbeat, I'd have those halos on every single frame in my arsenal by day's end, and I'd be flaunting them like nobody's business. But not for 90, I just don't want to spend that much, even with the added plat. It would be a fair value, but I don't want to spend that much. 

• Like 1

No no, They've got a point. DE has been getting worse and worse about monetization lately. It didn't start with Regal Aya, and if we don't push back, it won't end with frost and mag Heirlooms. If you don't stand for something, you'll kneel for everything, and I for one don't want a game I've heavily supported to get torn down by greed.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JoeySparks said:

No no, They've got a point. DE has been getting worse and worse about monetization lately. It didn't start with Regal Aya, and if we don't push back, it won't end with frost and mag Heirlooms. If you don't stand for something, you'll kneel for everything, and I for one don't want a game I've heavily supported to get torn down by greed.

No, my problem is this person has been spamming this thread since yesterday.

• Like 2

Looked at how much I spent on this game and it was surprisingly lower than I thought, around $330 overall. Thanks plat coupons! Whole reason I got a PC lol. So I've spent about $80 a year once I finally got my PC. Surprisingly my Crunchyroll subscription is burning a bigger hole in my wallet than this game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Claytronus02 said:

So, upon seeing you can check how much you've spent, I hesitantly checked my own to see how much I've shilled out to DE... I may have to take a moment and really look at myself after this.

image.png

I looked up my transactions on PSN 

I'm well over $700 this year.

I may need rehab lol

• Like 2

Seems like the situation has re-opened some old wounds, with a bunch of people feeling left out because no matter the money they spend, they will never have whatever special forum avatar next to their name.

Saying if they are paying founder money for 2 skins, they want founder treatment.

I mean the 10 year anniversary definitely could have gone better.

• Like 1

Im am impressed, of all the ragebait and doomposting posts i have seen on this forum this one is the dumbest one,It feels like a novice programmer asked his fist ai atempt to write a troll rant.

First you say you brougth the pack as a "thank you" ,then you say It is a scam atempt at Younger playerbase but that you realize It and dont fall for it and that it is your limit and you are not breaking it after already breaking your limit

Them you say that platinum,wich can buy slots,vehicles,all frames,99% of all weapons,cosmetics and non tennogen skins and is used on trades is uselles compared to regal aya,wich only exclusive thing are prime acessories that have always been paid with money 

Them you try to connect this post with the average brainless doompostings saying that DE is running out of ideias(its not like they announced 2 new major updates coming) and are only trying to squeeze the last drops of money of the game they Will support for next years.

Then you with your "background in business" says that having to pay for cosmetics in a free to play game is scummy and that DE should respect the true custommers that pay by letting other people have you pay for (and letting them play the game,as If not having a skin yould block their access to any part of the game)

• Like 16

So, I also found out you can see how much you've spent on Steam in total, and decided to see just how much of my funds went towards Warframe. I am so, so disappointed in myself right now... At what point does one accept sunk cost fallacy and just dip out? Because I think I'm well past that line. 

image.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Genitive said:

No, my problem is this person has been spamming this thread since yesterday.

I guess I can understand that one. I'd assume their reasoning is that if there's enough outcry, then DE can't just intentionally hide from their problems. While I can't say I support the method, the goal is undeniably a good thing, as it is to put more awareness on the serious subject at hand. Even overemphasis on a problem, is better than no emphasis, and this is one of those times where we can't just accept DE trying to sneak away with shoving something that predatory on us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

How long have you been playing for?

Not sure. My account was technically created in 2016, but that was on a crappy HP monitor-computer hybrid for school. That thing struggled with youtube at times, so it wasn't until 1-2 years later I started playing on Xbox. Then I got a gaming laptop and moved back to that old Warframe account, and I have no clue when that was exactly, maybe 2019?

Been playing since mid 2013. 

In addition to stuff I’ve bought through Steam, there’s been a few prime acccess packs I’ve bought as well. 

DE has gotten a ridiculous amount of support from me for the last 10 years. I’m sure there are a lot more people like me…and I’m not even a Founder. I missed that opportunity.

I will be honest…seeing that anyone willing to blow $90 on a skin pack automatically gets a 10 year supporter sticker and then claim they’re as important as founders is a bit frustrating and insulting.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Claytronus02 said:

So, I also found out you can see how much you've spent on Steam in total, and decided to see just how much of my funds went towards Warframe. I am so, so disappointed in myself right now... At what point does one accept sunk cost fallacy and just dip out? Because I think I'm well past that line. 

image.png

Bruh

Screenshot-3.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeySparks said:

People have been pushing back since before Regal Aya, yet DE keep repeating the exact same behaviors.

This current repeat offense is not due to lack of pushback in previous offenses. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, (PSN)pedrochass2005 said:

Im am impressed, of all the ragebait and doomposting posts i have seen on this forum this one is the dumbest one,It feels like a novice programmer asked his fist ai atempt to write a troll rant.

Thank you!

I'll make it simpler for you

First you say you brougth the pack as a "thank you" ,then you say It is a scam atempt at Younger playerbase but that you realize It and dont fall for it and that it is your limit and you are not breaking it after already breaking your limit

Regal Aya = Scam. Never bought, never will. Package not scam.

Them you say that platinum,wich can buy slots,vehicles,all frames,99% of all weapons,cosmetics and non tennogen skins and is used on trades is uselles compared to regal aya,wich only exclusive thing are prime acessories that have always been paid with money 

I did not say that, please re-read.

Them you try to connect this post with the average brainless doompostings saying that DE is running out of ideias(its not like they announced 2 new major updates coming) and are only trying to squeeze the last drops of money of the game they Will support for next years.

"If" is a conditional statement. It means "only if what I say as proposition is true, does the consequence become relevant."

The following lines address the other possibility, which means "the truth" is not known.

Then you with your "background in business" says that having to pay for cosmetics in a free to play game is scummy and that DE should respect the true custommers that pay by letting other people have you pay for (and letting them play the game,as If not having a skin yould block their access to any part of the game)

Sorry, my non-AI brain can't decipher this last part. Care to rephrase in a simpler way as I did?

Appreciate your reply, friend.

• Like 9

Just now, PublikDomain said:

Doesn't look like 10 year supporter material to me. 🙄

lol right?

I've been playing the game since 2013, my longest break ever was about 2 months, so I still play very regularly, & I already spent thousands in this game, & then I just get a $90 "#*!% you"

But yeah, someone who just started playing yesterday can buy this as a 10 year anniversary

Does that sound fair @[DE]Megan?

• Like 5

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Roble_Viejo:

Ive been playing Warframe for 10 years

Ive Played and Grinded every corner of this Game, I completed all Achievements and Im up to date with all Content.
I got all Kuva and Tenet Weapons (what a pain), every Prime Warframe, I unlocked every Subsumed Ability, Ive Min Maxed
every Build and perfected my Set-Up for every Type of Mission. Ive even hunted down every Kuria and every Cephalon Fragment.
I got in Love with the Lotus in The Second Dream, my Heart crushed by The Sacrifice and my Mind blown by The New War and The Duviri Paradox

Ive watched every Devstream, every Tennocon and I engaged with this magnificent and wholesome Community, helping Newbies get strong,
giving away Stuff, citing the Wiki like its "The Sacred Texts". Convincing my Friends to Play, creating my own Clan and grind with me for hours

Ive even posted my Ideas and Suggestions on this Forums and Ive seen so many others do so. Some of these Suggestions, the most Important
and the ones the Community was most vocal about were addressed and implemented, I personally Suggested Gara Kaleida keeping her Glass Armor
and the Back Holster for Glaives a-la TRON, but Ive also seen stuff like Coptering, and the Kubrow Eggs Slot Machine being 
acknowledged

This acknowledgement and utter RESPECT to the Community encouraged me to Commit and open my Wallet to Warframe and DE

I spent LOTS of Money, Catalysts, Forma, Slots, Decorations I have (almost) every Deluxe Skin, I bought 2 Prime Access,4 Prime Accessories
and a TON of Tennogen stuff. Ive always been glad to Support this Game because it has the best F2P Model ever made and DE
puts his F2P Players first, or at least they used to... I was ready to Support Warframe for 10 more years

However this is a sort of farewell, I will come back to play every Quest because I just need to know more
about this Mind-blowing Lore DE is crafting, but I will not spend a single dime more because for the celebration
of 10 years we got (for the first time ever) Two Deluxe Skins locked behind a Paywall and FOMO, I understand DE needs to
make Money and Ive been always glad to help out because I knew F2P Players were able to participate in the True Endgame (FashionFrame)
regardless if they could spend Money or not. 
But it seems these Players are not DE's priority anymore and I wouldnt be at Peace with myself
if I supported these new Predatory Monetization Tactics, I just cant...

If DE makes the Frost and Mag Deluxe Skins available for Plat like did not so long ago with the Protovyre Volt and Mesa Deluxe Skins then
 will open my Wallet again (make them 550 Platinum each for all I care, but do it), and I will be there to give DE my Money and keep
engaging with Warframe like Ive been doing for the last 10 years. But if not then my Support ends right now effective immediately
and I will pour my Passion, Time and Money on a different Game.

I wish I could say DE is the same studio that has always been but that is clearly not the case,
They are changing and I dont like the path they are taking, I just cant get behind this....

Thanks for 10 Years of Warframe, to DE and the Community, I wish the best for Warframe but I will not support Predatory Monetization

dude, how often are you going to post this? Is this narcisism? Or how do I call it when I see your posting at every corner of the forum?

7 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

lol right?

I've been playing the game since 2013, my longest break ever was about 2 months, so I still play very regularly, & I already spent thousands in this game, & then I just get a $90 "#*!% you"

But yeah, someone who just started playing yesterday can buy this as a 10 year anniversary

Does that sound fair @[DE]Megan?

Here, let me make it right:

Q9bImGy.png

There you go :)