Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

FOMO isn't a good path; as pretty as these packages are, it's healthier for the community to be able to buy things indefinitely at any time and not on a limited time duration. Glad to see a reflection on value, however I hope more feedback for future products keep the community's interest in mind. You've succeeded with implementing Resurgence - backpedaling now to a different outlet for exclusivity just isn't it.

Edited by Kthonia
Grammar adjustment
  • Like 34

Saw this one coming. But hey, the fact that I knew something would change speaks volumes to your track record of listening DE. Heirlooms are a good idea just please workshop these ideas more in the future before release. You should've known from the regal aya situation (which you mentioned here) how this would go. All that said, I'm at least considering the packs now, which is more than could be said before. Anything that reaches Prime Access price ranges in the future needs to bring the plat to match.

Edited by (XBOX)EvolvedMonkey97
  • Like 8

Are you actually kidding? Clearly you didn’t actually LISTEN to what the community was complaining about. The issue was the high prices and lack of proper incentive to buy. Adding “more” platinum to these bundles isn’t the incentive we wanted. We want the largest bundles to be cheaper OR for the skins themselves to cost platinum…heck, even having the skins be standalone purchases aside from the larger bundles would’ve been enough. For a special celebration pack of 10 YEARS of Warframe, this really does scrape the bottom of the barrel. And it’s such a shame too, since the heirloom skins look so amazing. We are all disappointed in how you chose to release this AND “remedy” this. 

Edited by DestructionMayhem
  • Like 61

$90 for 2 skins and some plat? Can we address how ridiculous this is or are we just going to praise them for their band-aid solution...I have no problem spending money on this game but y'all gotta be detached from reality to think this is OK

• Like 50

4 minutes ago, Gladehart said:

I mean. It's just a skin. And only a skin. Ig you're that concerned about missing out on a skin then... I dunno man.

Plus, The Regal Aya is for the people that do not own the frames. Because they are both in prime resurgence currently.

And what about us vets who want the skins but regal Aya is literally useless if we own all previous prime stuff already?
We're spending money on nothing then.

• Like 52

Well, ty.

But note, what players trully want is the ability to purchase individual things, not bundles, yes they are great for someone that wants all, but some players don't need all that stuff, i know you guys know this already.

And yes, i understand you can't change the bundles much, nor the pricing, nor will you introduce more options, i knew that from the get go, it's an experiment, an expensive one no doubt.

For the players that wanted more options and the ability to purchase individual skins, sadly, this limited time (the FOMO kind) bundle isn't going to appeal to you, so if you hated things before, you'll hate it now aswell.

• Like 14

The main problem was that you can't buy the skins separate, why should a person who wants to get the frost skin need to buy it with the mag skin.

You separated the glyph, icon, emote and colour palette from the skins, but not the skins themselves

Edited by Agnis
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, --TL--Wisp.ES said:

Still not enough to make me consider the packs over a fully developed AAA game

Lol, lmao even. This is the worst take possible.

Warframe is a F2P game that frequently releases updates that are comparable to AAA titles in scale and quality. The game has 10 years of content for you to enjoy completely free with one of the fairest f2p systems on the gaming market. Are you saying that this game cannot sell bundles for people who want to support future development of this game with a AAA price tag? 

Wake up.

• Like 2

Good step in the right direction. Sadly, changing the structures of the bundles after they got released introduces a bunch of issues that I'm sure DE doesn't want to be bothered with (such as allowing refunds with 4 different platform holders), so giving a bunch of bonus platinum is the next best thing they could do.

Still, the time limited nature of the collection remains, and in my opinion it has always been the biggest issue. While I also do understand removing the exclusivity would feel like a "betrayal" to those players who already purchased the collection, I feel as DE should still proceed to remove the time-limited nature from at least the biggest items in the bundle, the two skins and the Signas. 

Glad to see DE listening, but things could be even better. Hopefully such mistakes don't happen for any future supporter pack/collection.

• Like 11

That's not bad, feels more worth it, still should look at making a solo bundle for the cosmetics and maybe like 170 Plat in them. The platinum makes it to where I get awesome skins and then if there's been something I really wanted I got platinum to get it now. Everyone is complaining about FOMO but excal prime was the same, just in desperate times. These skins are supposed to be for people who have been here and really dedicated time to this game over ten years and is a showcase for them that hey I'm a veteran player for the new people, just like when you see an excalibur prime in a lobby. Also hoping to see an amazing heirloom Oberon skin!

I find it very amusing how the forums were spammed for the last few days with super angry players that were about to uninstall and stuff and now seeing the same people open their wallet because they got a slightly better deal and are praising the devs like no tomorrow. +1 to whoever kept their spine straight, regardless if they were for the package or against it.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 19

So glad you spoke out on this and at least addressed it. Big respect for you Megan (and all of DE) for addressing it and actually doing SOMETHING.  🧡

" If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch."

Also, this is a big promise. Only time will tell if this is actually put into practice; But this right here is a testament to DE's ability and willingness to at least listen to and acknowledge their players. Love this company. Hope to keep seeing great things. 💜

• Like 1

Wring Decision, DE.

The skins need to be purchasable for Platinum within the in-game market like all of the other skins you put out. I could care-less about getting more platinum, don't care for ripoff aya, don't need either. Just want the Mag skin. But I can't pick and choose because you want to bundle it with S#&$ I don't need.

• Like 27

This definitely looks like Tencent had influence on the pricing of the pack. €80 for TWO skins, plat and a few cosmetic items?! That's it? Really???

I understand that you worked hard on these skins, I mean they look impressive, but you charge too much for it AND it's limited. Why? I don't really see a reason why this is limited.

My solution would be to make separate packs for each skin because not everyone wants to buy a pack with two skins when they're only interested in one of them. And obviously decrease the price. I think €40 or €50 would be much better.

Whatever it may be, PLEASE DE, do something and step back. This is honestly too much for a few cosmetic items. I'm not gonna spend the amount of money equivelant to buying a new game.

Edited by Crystal.Prime
  • Like 27

You've only fixed half the problem. The pack is still FOMO heavy. Players wanted a 4th option that was not only cheaper but didn't include the secondary items, is it too much to ask for a 4th pack that JUST INCLUDES the frost and mag skin alone? without the signa attachments, without the accolade and regal aya?

• Like 29

While it is certainly appreciated that you increased the value gained from the packs, I think you failed to address the root problem here.

The Main problem is that we don't WANT Platinum or Regal Aya. We want an affordable bundle; Just Money for the Cosmetics and nothing else. Personally I don't mind the higher priced bundles staying around, if people want them but simply embelishing a bundle with more plat doesn't make me more likely to buy it, (Even if these skins look incredible) I just can't justify spending that much money on just skins because I have no use for the Regal Aya. Half the price of the Zenith bundle is taken up by the Regal Aya alone.

The Other Problem is the use of FOMO tactics to pressure people into buying them. FOMO is a Dark Pattern and those have a bad reputation for a reason.

I hope you will see sense in this matter and make the Heirloom skins available permanently at a reasonable price with no currency attached to it whatsoever.

• Like 59