Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Rudils said:

I wonder how many of these people complaining will buy the pack.

It is a ten year pack if you like it buy it if you don't like the price don't buy it.

There are people at DE that has put hours into designing the cosmetics and they look amazing. THANK YOU

This is a celebration and you will get so much free content over the next year why not pay this price since you don't need plat and show the DE team that as community we love what the do.

There might have been a pack for each frame skin seperate but there is no reason to make 10 years of success feel bad because of a price someone don't want to pay.

This games gives people hours of enjoyment and it's free.

People give DE plenty of money thorugh non-fomo, non-manipulative, non-inflated sales.

• Like 12

I've been needing a good excuse to finally stop buying things from Warframe. FfXIV sells cosmetics at a fraction of the price, without predatory bundles confusing and inflating the costs and don't sell classes every few months for $100+ 

Bundling stuff together to make things unclear is a predatory practice and always has been. This one was just so outlandish that people noticed.

"DE has to make money they are free to play!" Yet everything they sell costs more than other entire games. Those games run fine without selling $200 art books, $50-80 posters, single classes every few months for $100+ why don't they need to make as much money? Because 5+ years of Baulders Gate development is worth less than 2 skins and some worthless in game currency?

Warframe is absolutely beautiful and the story and setting is amazing. The team really cares about its aesthetics and are possibly the only Dev team I actually remember the names of. They are super nice and just do good work.

The gameplay grind not respecting anyone's time and the absolutely overpriced marketing don't mix well and it's just becoming more and more disassociated for me. An amazing staff and pretty graphics are nice, but I kinda want a game to be fun and affordable outside of whales. Also its not fair to the whales either, just because they can afford something doesn't mean they should be disrespected like this either. 

Honestly I kinda would love a single player full release of the warframe story so I can continue to love this world they've made. But reading the wiki to get the story is becoming more fun than actually sticking around in a grindy overpriced free to play game.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

People give DE plenty of money thorugh non-fomo, non-manipulative, non-inflated sales.

exactly there are people who have spend hundreds/thousands if not even more over the 10 years, imagine they take a break exactly at the 10 years mark, and miss out this package? that person/dolphin/whale certainly has supported wf more than any single person that just bought the zenith package once, but hey they get to show off their supporter badge and f all others :D

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

This. This is the reason I still stick with this game despite the sheer abundance of masssive live service multiplayers out there trying to compete for my time and money. And why I'm hyped for Soulframe. Because it's not shamelessly greedy.

At one point I tried to balance Warframe with Red Dead Online, another live service I loved a lot - but Rockstar decided GTA Online was more important and pretty much abandoned RDO. So into the trash bin that game went, as I refuse to play it any more.

Allow Warframe to keep its status of "Live Service done right", and I'll happily support the game as long as it's alive. Let it become another overly predatory title, and I'll search for another game that respects its playerbase. And I've sunk more money into this game than any other by far.

No need for this kind of stunts, which while rare, happen every few years. Happy to be part of a community that celebrates and contributes, but also has the guts to say "No!" when something like this happens.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 5

Seems like no lessons were actually learned.

2 hours ago, ShardPerson said:

The only ethical path forward is:

- Release new bundles without the Regal Aya, or release all of the cosmetics in the Heirloom pack separately, they can be kept paid only, but they must be purchasable individually, with no filler to mark up the prices

- Get rid of time exclusivity and make a public statement that it will not be attempted again, manipulative FOMO tactics taint the good work that the team does on Warframe, who wants their work to be perverted with predatory monetization to take advantage of people vulnerable to such tactics?

- Issue an apology, and provide refunds or appropriate reward to anyone who has already purchased the set but realizes that they didn't want the bundle, they only wanted part of it and were forced to buy the bundle due to the lack of options.

Instead of basically repeating what others said, I'll make the words of the user above my own.

Revert the decisions that led to such a negative feedback and do the right thing (a.k.a. the opposite of what you did). Unless you do that, you can't say you learned.

You could've put just the skins and signas up for sale for ridiculously cheap (say $20 for the four items) with no time-exclusivity and everyone (and I firmly believe that) of us 26+ million registered losers would buy it. I know I would, and I'm extremely stingy when it comes to spending money. Especially in games. Even more so in F2P titles.

Also, don't use the bad financial decisions of a few as a shield to protect yourselves from criticism. People who bought the packs in their current state shouldn't have done so and have no right to prevent a change for the better for the rest of us (Hema flashbacks).

Plus, a pet peeve of mine: a "10 year supporter" accolade should't be put up for sale at all. You got people who have actually played for 10 years and now they have to buy recognition?

• Like 7

People that keeps saying " if you like it buy it if you don't like the price don't buy it. " or " just ignore it and go on with your day " needs to be educated like really flippin bad, so i'm here for you guys. Stop supporting scummy gaming practices and THINK WITH YOUR BRAIN BEFORE TALKING AND NOT YOUR WALLET. 

It goes beyond you just spending money on a video game. It's an industry wide problem that plague video games since years now and it needs to fkin stop.

• Like 11

I will admit that I am still a little miffed by the forced inclusion of Regal Aya. It's extremely limited in usefulness compared to the Platinum.

Having said that, the changes made are better. The value beforehand was skewed in a way that many have already said endlessly, so I am happier with this.

DE I love your game, But this is insulting.

People complained about the price tag, and the filler Regal aya and Platinum. NOT that there wasn't enough platinum in the packs.

You did less than nothing to address the actual critisism that people have over the bundles.

Edited by TheOfficialLP
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, Rudils said:

It is a ten year pack if you like it buy it if you don't like the price don't buy it.

There are people at DE that has put hours into designing the cosmetics and they look amazing. THANK YOU

This is a celebration and you will get so much free content over the next year why not pay this price since you don't need plat and show the DE team that as community we love what the do.

There might have been a pack for each frame skin seperate but there is no reason to make 10 years of success feel bad because of a price someone don't want to pay.

I have in fact already given DE, let me think, somewhere around 250€ over the last 5 years, I think? Which is not that low and allows me to pontificate at length about this state of affairs.

Some people have brought up sinophobia and, yeah, it's true, there's some significant amount of it about tencent, blaming them for a lot of this behaviour.

This sort of behaviour, use of FOMO and padding a bundle with things that are easily available out of the bundle (I think the original Valkyr Prime access pack had ten air support charges in it!), does not require the presence of tencent or any person or entity based in the People's Republic of China (and somewhat related, I don't think DE was ever fully independent for the entire duration of Warframe being a released game, tencent is just the current last in line), and I think it's important to focus on the core of this problem which is, come on DE, what are you doing? And well, we know very well what DE is doing and DE also knows very well what DE is doing.

Edited by distal.op
  • Like 2

what i read problem is:
1. overpriced
2. there is things like plat and regal that player didn't want and reason make it overpriced bundle
3. its make looks like selling plat than skins for some players meanwhile there is plat only even with mod that unreasonable too
4. just want a simple way to purchase is just the skin only without plat, regal, boost, or anything that make price higher than skin value in player eyes
5. just want to buy 1 skin than both

but as i see there pack with skin, regal and badge only. take that if not worth for you then don't take it. problem solved. yeah that regal make it overpriced like as player forced to buy regal too. but that it is how business work.... 🤣what we can do is asking and hope

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Lady Tatsu said:

Quite a few of you aren't looking at the fact that people have already bought the pack as is, magically reducing the price is incredibly unfair to the people who have bought the pack previously under the assumption that this is the only way to get them and would be an actual predatory practice. 

Just refund everyone who bought the pack the difference, while allowing them to keep the extra items. DE's not bleeding for cash, they can take the small hit.

• Like 4

LOL, once again DE only reads the bit they want to read.... it's bad value because you've chucked a loaf of unwanted stuff into the bundles to artificially inflate the prices.... adding more of the unwanted stuff doesn't all of a sudden make it good value.

• Like 11

Still no pack without Regal Aya. Having to pay for a pack that includes Regal Aya juset because i need something else in it felt insulting as a player who spent long enough managing to keep up every prime accessories and owned all the prime equipments already, an insult to your already returning customer, DE. Honestly speaking Platinum is almost at the same state but at the veri least it has more usability and in the future it can band aid my farms. I'd turn a blind eye to the price if regal aya weren't a forced inclusion if i want the heirloom skins, for a premium token not only it has minimum usage, thanks to that it has the capability of nearly reaching zero value, at worst several aya for 1 inventory slot.

Also pretty sure its also you guys who decided to revert the time exclusiveness of Deluxe Skins back in Rhino Palatine deluxe skin release and reintroduced all the expired sales deluxes (excalibur proto armor, nyx nemesis, valkyr gersemi, saryn orphid), so the heirloom pack not only reintroduce it in fullswing its also locked behind paywall, that WILL feel terrible to everyone.

Edited by Xsoskeleton
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rudils said:

How are you still this oblivious after 25 pages of dicussion on this post alone? Everyone agrees the skins looked amazing, and looking badass while playing this badass game is what most people enjoy. However, that does not mean we are to give in to this foul business practice. This is a test water phase so they may one day spit on our face, anyone who is remotely aware of modern gaming industry knows how it goes. We simple do not want our beloved game to rot just like the rest.

• Like 6

Very happy to see a statement and adjustment this soon, honestly thought it'd be a bit longer. I understand that these bundles can't be fully changed to account for all the complaints anymore, but the statement of intent was nice and appreciated.

A change I would like to see in any future releases is making only the Accolade, Glyph, Sigil, and Emote timed-exclusive, while the skins, extras with them like Signas, and colour palette stay available forever. The Accolade would still come with every bundle bought during the initial period and serve as an exclusive signifier, but the big important cosmetics would remain available this way.

My thought on increased purchase flexibility:

• each skin+extras (Signas, etc.) needs a separate bundle
  • the colour palette should either be in every bundle, especially those containing the skins
  • a combo version containing the skins+palette but without the Glyph, Sigil, and Emote should be available without Regal Aya bloat

If the packs must contain bloat, Platinum is preferable, as it remains useful, while Regal Aya's usefulness is very finite.

I'm going to say it again because it's really important: PLEASE do NOT make future skins and palettes timed-exclusive.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gladehart said:

Plus, The Regal Aya is for the people that do not own the frames. Because they are both in prime resurgence currently.

ok... good for those players. Glad an option for them is on DE's mind. But how is that an excuse to not also have an option for those who already have the primes, some of us who've even had them since their debut?

• Like 11

Well adding more plat to these bundles is nice and all. And it does increase the value of them but that is not really what most tenno have issues with. Most players want MORE bundle options. And cheaper prices.

So make a Frost bundle with his skin and signa for say 25$ (just a rough price) with NO PLAT OR REGAL AYA.

Make a Mag bundle with her skin and signa (same price as frost) with NO PLAT OR REGAL AYA.

And make a double bundle for say 50$ (rough price) with Frost skin, Frost Signa, Mag skin, Mag Signa and the color Pallete.

Most players (vets) who are supposedly who these bundles are for don't really care about the plat or the regal aya. They already have the frames and just want the cosmetics.

Now I know these bundles are not made for me. If I can't buy it with plat I don't buy it, its that simple. But more clarification about how we are supposed to value these skins at would be nice.

Is it trying to be a SUPER DELUXE SKIN? If so it should be able to be bought with plat.

Is it trying to be a SUPER DELUXE TENNOGEN SKIN? If so charging real money for it is fine.

I'm a 100% FREE to play player. So if you do want to charge real money for this stuff thats fine. But the optics of it make it seem like these bundles are WHALE BAIT. And not "TO CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF WARFRAME."

1) FOMO or Fear of missing out. LImited time stuff is never a good look in ANY video game.

Whale buzzwords. EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED TIMED, EXPENSIVE bundles. I could throw PREMIUM SKINS in there as well. SPECIAL NEW COSMETICS (signas).

Again people can spend their money however they want (and they should!) but this kinda thing doesn't interest me DE.

• Like 6

Is it too much to ask for to have just the skins available for purchase?
The price point the bundles are at are way too high for me to reasonably afford it?
At €15 per skin without extra luggage like plat, aya and what-not I'd happily buy on a whim since that's affordable for my budget.

I hope there's room for such a option with these skins, especially since they come with a new accessory type.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, staranow said:

Well adding more plat to these bundles is nice and all. And it does increase the value of them but that is not really what most tenno have issues with. Most players want MORE bundle options. And cheaper prices.

So make a Frost bundle with his skin and signa for say 25$ (just a rough price) with NO PLAT OR REGAL AYA.

Make a Mag bundle with her skin and signa (same price as frost) with NO PLAT OR REGAL AYA.

And make a double bundle for say 50$ (rough price) with Frost skin, Frost Signa, Mag skin, Mag Signa and the color Pallete.

Most players (vets) who are supposedly who these bundles are for don't really care about the plat or the regal aya. They already have the frames and just want the cosmetics.

Now I know these bundles are not made for me. If I can't buy it with plat I don't buy it, its that simple. But more clarification about how we are supposed to value these skins at would be nice.

Is it trying to be a SUPER DELUXE SKIN? If so it should be able to be bought with plat.

Is it trying to be a SUPER DELUXE TENNOGEN SKIN? If so charging real money for it is fine.

I'm a 100% FREE to play player. So if you do want to charge real money for this stuff thats fine. But the optics of it make it seem like these bundles are WHALE BAIT. And not "TO CELEBRATE 10 YEARS OF WARFRAME."

1) FOMO or Fear of missing out. LImited time stuff is never a good look in ANY video game.

Whale buzzwords. EXCLUSIVE, LIMITED TIMED, EXPENSIVE bundles. I could throw PREMIUM SKINS in there as well. SPECIAL NEW COSMETICS (signas).

Again people can spend their money however they want (and they should!) but this kinda thing doesn't interest me DE.

Yep. A friend of mine said that they would happily pay for the Frost skin alone ($20-ish by most estimates) if that were an option. But they can't justify the prices as things currently stand. Neither can I. More plat doesn't suddenly make this okay.

Edited by Lionsheart89
  • Like 3

yes, maybe it match the value now, but that's not the problem they added intentional the platinum and regal  just to boost the price for this packs. literally nobody wanted the regal and platinum. That's why people are still complaining + why they didn't make the skins separately cuz maybe some people don't like frost, or some people mag. they are forced to buy it together. The price is still high in my opinion but nothing gonna change now cuz they gonna use the excuse like some people already buy it and it's unfair for them to change or make another packs separately with just the skins, 1 skins  or cosmetics  

• Like 1

il y a 3 minutes, Shadedraxe a dit :

Plus, The Regal Aya is for the people that do not own the frames. Because they are both in prime resurgence currently.

il y a 4 minutes, Shadedraxe a dit :

ok... good for those players. Glad an option for them is on DE's mind. But how is that an excuse to not also have an option for those who already have the primes, some of us who've even had them since their debut?

I just want to add to that..... why do you even play the damn game if it's to buy everything with real money ? why do you play warframe which is a full on farming game, everything in the game require you TO FARM FOR STUFF YOU WANT. Regal aya (pay to win/skip)  is not an excuse to clutter and utterly ruin a celebration pack for everyone who supported DE in the past 10 years !

• Like 3