Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, Darkbring said:

Now I want a McD consoomer skin for Grendel

We kinda have one, though it does everything right so maybe it isn't consoomer enough?

• Grendel Nian skin
  • Make it purple and it's basically Grimace idk
  • Part of a time limited "celebration" bundle
  • But you could buy bundle contents separately
  • For plat, not cash
  • And the skin by itself remains a permanent offering despite the bundle going away
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Lion said:

Better analogy would be you asking for a burger without lettuce and getting it for a third of the price, despite it not being marketed as having an option for a steep discount without lettuce. 

To improve on that analogy, it'd be like saying the burger is over priced (especially if you don't like lettuce), the company agreeing (see opening post of this topic) and then offering to make up for it by tripling the amount of lettuce to increase the content of the burger instead of altering the price.  For someone who doesn't want lettuce (Platinum) adding more doesn't help the situation.

• Like 8

On 2023-09-15 at 9:27 PM, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

"players are good at expressing what feels wrong, but not necessarily good at designing correct solutions"

I'm going to leave that there and see if you can spot why this one single quote not only destroyed your own post of defences, but also is the single greatest example, out of the entire 87 pages, of why this farce of a "movement" to continue this thread is completely pointless.

If you can't see it that's fine, let me know and I'll explain.

I'll see if YOU can see why this validates the 90 and counting pages of criticism and feedback.

This is us expressing many things that feel wrong. DE provided this farce of a solution in the form of inflating the "values" of the packs with platinum, without actually addressing the overwhelming majority of reasons why people feel like this is still WRONG.

We're telling them what feels wrong. We'll continue until they design a correct solution.

On 2023-09-16 at 6:40 AM, Lion said:

Adding a cheaper pack so soon screws over the people who already paid $90 and can't refund for the cheaper pack

It doesn't though. People who paid for the 70 or 90 dollar packs decided it was worth their money. Our outcry has given those users more platinum already. Offering a different option that ONLY gives a few things, like the skins, even WITHOUT the exclusivity of the ACCOLADE, would take nothing from you or others that paid for it. You honestly only have yourselves to blame for not JOINING us in the boycott to prove to DE that it was worth it, so that you could buy it at the cheaper price point.

Gating exclusivity behind A) having $70, and B) being here right now, spits on the faces of users who have spent $5 here and there for discounted plat, or $50 for prime accessory packs reliably, but can't justify the purchase of an additional $70 on top of those.

Exclusivity and FOMO is a sucky concept to introduce so heavily to Warframe, especially for cosmetics to a game that PRIDES itself on "Fashion-frame is Endgame".

And at the end of the day, DE could give users options to convert down to the lower bundles if they were so inclined, that would unfortunately be unable to be refunds, most likely, but hopefully allow users to get credit for future Heirloom sets, or convert to platinum or regal aya or both. It's just a matter of how much they want to do so.

But if they AREN'T going to allow you to change what you're buying, you should be yelling WITH US that they shouldn't have done this in the first place, like the rest of us are already saying!

Don't fight us because you regret not standing with us against poor decisions on DE's end.

On 2023-09-16 at 8:51 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

(Also thanks for the pic, another template for me to use)

It was from somewhere else on the forums, can't take credit, I lifted it from them and keep reposting it because it's SUCH a concise and informative summary image of what DE's doing with this pack. I think it was literally just from earlier in the pages of threads, like first 15 or something.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

It was from somewhere else on the forums, can't take credit, I lifted it from them and keep reposting it because it's SUCH a concise and informative summary image of what DE's doing with this pack. I think it was literally just from earlier in the pages of threads, like first 15 or something.

I see!

Also that is a cool username, I just noticed 

Even tho I legit relied to you before, I'm blind

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I see!

Also that is a cool username, I just noticed 

Even tho I legit relied to you before, I'm blind

Thanks! And is it just me, or are the mods compiling our responses if we make several consecutively? If so, that could mean that the number of pages this thread COULD have had might be over 100, if anyone was like me and responded to different responses to ourselves across different pages consecutively. Granted, 5 people triple-posting over and over again to inflate page-count wouldn't prove anything, but with them REMOVING triple-posts or whatnot, they only add more credibility to the 90 pages that are here. Especially considering some responses were doubtless outright way too rude to DE, or Megan, or other posters, and those would've been removed outright, even if they came from a genuinely justified place of distaste for how DE's handled this Heirloom debacle.

What a freaking pity, that their 10 year anniversary has to be marred by such terrible insistence on their end at monetizing the hell out of their customer-base beyond reasonable amounts.

7 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

And is it just me, or are the mods compiling our responses if we make several consecutively?

There's an automatic merge feature if replies are made fast enough (which is nice), and there are some mods that merge posts manually which is fine if a bit overzealous sometimes. I don't believe any posts have been outright removed except for the particularly aggressive ones.

Like this! ← A second post merged in automatically.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Better? Seems a bit worse to me. The lettuce is a part of the burger, while the drink and fries aren't. Someone might reasonably already have a drink (plat), or not want any fries right now (RA). They may still want to have a burger (skin), and it might even want the cheese (Signa) too! And as you can understand, being a human being living in the real world, if you go to your fast food place of choice you can order just the burger; you don't have to order a complete meal. They'll sell you a burger on your own, try it yourself! Wild! It's totally allowed and demanding someone buy food and drink they don't want and won't consume is silly and wasteful and there's a reason no one does it.

The lettuce is not an essential part of the burger. The burger technically is just a pattie, you're bringing in additional products like soda and fries as it suits your argument but the burger has lettuce, ketchup, cheese etc. And you expect that by removing any parts of this burger, you are going to get a discount of more than 2/3rds. TBH I don't see the heritage pack going less than $50 even without the "lettuce".

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lion said:

The lettuce is not an essential part of the burger. The burger technically is just a pattie, you're bringing in additional products like soda and fries as it suits your argument but the burger has lettuce, ketchup, cheese etc. And you expect that by removing any parts of this burger, you are going to get a discount of more than 2/3rds. TBH I don't see the heritage pack going less than $50 even without the "lettuce".

Well maybe where you're from you buy a plain patty on a bun and then pay for individual toppings like a madman, but where I'm from that all kinda comes standard. Do you think a Whopper is just the patty? Nah, it's the whole thing. The lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, onion, and pickle is what makes a Whopper a Whopper. It's still a Whopper even if you don't order fries and a coke. And would you look at that, yeah, you can buy a Whopper all on its own - or you can add fries and a drink to make it a meal.

Also it's not even my analogy, ya goof. Take it up with the Lady if you've got a problem.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Well maybe where you're from you buy a plain patty on a bun and then pay for individual toppings like a madman, but where I'm from that all kinda comes standard. Do you think a Whopper is just the patty? Nah, it's the whole thing. The lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, onion, and pickle is what makes a Whopper a Whopper. It's still a Whopper even if you don't order fries and a coke. And would you look at that, yeah, you can buy a Whopper all on its own - or you can add fries and a drink to make it a meal.

Also it's not even my analogy, ya goof. Take it up with the Lady if you've got a problem.

But like what I'm trying to say is all that extra stuff that comes on the whopper is that, extra. What if I don't like lettuce, mayo, pickles, etc, what if I want them to remove them? Do I get a cheaper whopper now because they removed the bloat? 

12 minutes ago, Lion said:

Do I get a cheaper whopper now because they removed the bloat? 

No, but if you ask they often let you swap it for something else because they understand you might not want all of it but it is still considered into the price of the item, that's the key thing people are wanting here, consideration that we might not want all the bloat and accessibility to what we actually want. Games and food are a bit different too, so they don't need to be treated exactly the same. And there's reason for burgers to account for all the toppings even when taken off too, because if those toppings aren't used they can still go to waste, costing them the same money, while DE don't actually have to waste the skins with limited accessibility and bloated packs that deincentivizes buying the skins because they quite literally could release it infinitely so long as the game is running etc.. 

Edited by NecroPed
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Lion said:

But like what I'm trying to say is all that extra stuff that comes on the whopper is that, extra. What if I don't like lettuce, mayo, pickles, etc, what if I want them to remove them? Do I get a cheaper whopper now because they removed the bloat? 

Yes. If you don't want a full Whopper you can order a Whopper Jr. which has less and costs less. If you go to McDonalds and order a cheeseburger but don't want the cheese, that's a burger. And it costs less. Because there's no cheese. If you go to Chick-fil-A the deluxe chicken sandwich comes with lettuce and tomato and cheese. That's what makes it a deluxe. Want no lettuce or tomato or cheese? Then order a regular chicken sandwich. It's cheaper because it doesn't come with the extras. That's how restaurants work! You can even pass on the lettuce.

But that scrap of lettuce doesn't make up half the cost of the burger.

Nickel-and-diming lettuce doesn't make sense here because it's a small component that's one ingredient of the burger as a whole. Fries and a drink are clearly separate. A Whopper is still a Whopper even without a drink sitting next to it. So unless there's a slot on the Heirloom skins for you to insert plat and Regal Aya, then the plat and Regal Aya are a separate part. They are not integral to the skins. They do not make the skins skins. They're bloat, the same bloat as fries and a soda and even the lettuce from the weird fast food places you speak of that sell plain hamburgers.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, .LeiA._ said:

Ah, we will have a Devstream soon.

Will they talk anything about this? Or just let it go like nothing happened? Or maybe they'll give us reminder that this skin pack is limited and it will be gone soon?

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

drag race sips tea GIF by Shalita Grant

Let the Drama begin....  I can't wait to see them squirm as they are flooded with Chat questions about the Heirloom Pack Debacle.  Makes for good TV that's fo' sho!
Better stock up on some Popcorn for this upcoming telenovela!

Good Chats!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, .LeiA._ said:

Will they talk anything about this? Or just let it go like nothing happened? Or maybe they'll give us reminder that this skin pack is limited and it will be gone soon?

Seems like they will pretend nothing happened.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

drag race sips tea GIF by Shalita Grant

Let the Drama begin....  I can't wait to see them squirm as they are flooded with Chat questions about the Heirloom Pack Debacle.  Makes for good TV that's fo' sho!
Better stock up on some Popcorn for this upcoming telenovela!

Good Chats!

Offering that tauforged shard was the biggest mistake they made for this devstream lol
If you don't want to talk about underhanded sales tactics, don't offer free stuff, you will attract the "wrong crowd"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, .LeiA._ said:

Considering how quickly Meg answers question about why devstream is on Thursday rather than Friday while ignoring Heirloom Packs questions? Yeah don't expect much or prepare for big drama

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Darkbring said:

Seems like they will pretend nothing happened.

Then we should make them hear us we should have hundreds maby even thousands of people in chat demand answer and solutions to the herloom pack debacle if there going to ignore us for so longe

15 hours ago, Kaziroh said:

Considering how quickly Meg answers question about why devstream is on Thursday rather than Friday while ignoring Heirloom Packs questions? Yeah don't expect much or prepare for big drama

Hopefully we get a solution to this herloom pack debacle if not there most likely Goin to make many many people more angry and disappointed than they already are

• Like 6

On 2023-09-18 at 10:03 PM, Grav_Starstrider said:

They only add more credibility to the 90 pages that are here. Especially considering some responses were doubtless outright way too rude to DE, or Megan, or other posters, and those would've been removed outright, even if they came from a genuinely justified place of distaste for how DE's handled this Heirloom debacle.

What a freaking pity, that their 10 year anniversary has to be marred by such terrible insistence on their end at monetizing the hell out of their customer-base beyond reasonable amounts.

Welcome to the Gaming World Grav

All good things come to an end at some point, Dying Light 1 and two, Techland was quite a welcome Game Dev, sure they had some odd choices with certain fixes in nerfing stuff but they were liked by everyone and both Games were massively liked.

Now look at them, they sold out and put something in-game and now the community has done a flip and is now against them. Same story with Warframe now, just on a very small scale, but size isn't everything, this monetizing stuff they did will not be a "mistake learnt" it'll be the future of this game.

All this clean-up, deleting and trying to justify their actions is all PR stuff, to make them look innocent.

Further proof of no talk of the Heirloom debacle from the Devstream will further prove this.

Oh and your welcome by the way! o7

(To you saying thanks lol)

14 hours ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

Then we should make them hear us we should have hundreds maby even thousands of people in chat demand answer and solutions to the herloom pack debacle if there going to ignore us for so long

This is the only way, it seems.

I don't really agree with it, but its better than being ignored. I just wonder how many people will.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, Kaziroh said:

Agreed, the last stream with Megan and the other lady, the mods were deleting comments about the heirloom packs I’d imagine they have told the chat mods to be on defcon 1 for the devstream.

14 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

All this clean-up, deleting and trying to justify their actions is all PR stuff, to make them look innocent.

Further proof of no talk of the Heirloom debacle from the Devstream will further prove this.

Agreed, i just mentioned to someone in the last stream with Megan and the other lady, you could see heirloom comments pop up but then disappear the mods were clearly doing damage control.

• Like 9