Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Yareli" Deluxe skin or did they mean Ivara?

LadyAnime

17 hours ago, LadyAnime said:

e42dbc69d681ff4b858644f311b1fc42.png

I'm a Yareli main. On her wiki she is listed as a magical girl, she saves orphans from bad situations, she is flowy and bouncy and fun and cute. This Deluxe skin was announced at TennoCon 2023. I get people make mistakes, literally wondering if they meant to say IVARA instead of YARELI because. One giant eye ball, One hat shaped like a samurai straw hat, and NOTHING that says flowy or bouncy or fun or cute. Literally have you ever seen Yarelis hair? IT has BOUNCE, she should be sponsored by hair product companies!!! This deluxe skin, has no hair that I can see. Has a giant eye ( like ivara ) has a helmet profile that resembles Ivara, and no elements of Yareli are to be found here =( I get it. We get some weird skins but for Yarelis ONLY alt skin this is SUPER disappointing. Not to mention the fact that ITS LITERALLY IVARA. =( 

The biggest complaint I've heard about Yareli is that she is hard to fashion ( beside the wave rider quest not liking to accept the inputs that are being put in and not counting for the tricks etc ) and this skin would give people something else to color but it's not right.... no flowy skirt. No bouncy hair, nothing says Yareli about this skin.... I love the concepts we get from DE and I love that they thought of Yareli but seriously? Is this actually for Ivara? Did someone say the wrong name on stage? cause ...yeah. not. yareli. =( I won't be investing in this skin. Which is sad because she really could use more skins ( if you google yareli deluxe skins you get at least 10 that are YARELI and GOOD..... ) disappointed but not expecting anything to change. :/ 

BTW they stated this was based on "jellyfish" here's something else to think about from the wiki: "Ivara Prime's design is inspired by jellyfish" 

They did the same thing with Wisp deluxe. Just wait for Yareli Prime. 

Sad to say that Ivara Prime and Wisp Dex fit the "magical girl" vibe  more than her deluxe skin. 

Sadly, unlike other frames with bad (or at the very least unpopular) skins, people don't seem to like Yareli enough to make many tennogen designs for her, even if Yareli is good now.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Deluxe skins don't have to look similar or have the same theme as the base frame, maybe someone right now at DE is thinking of making a firefighter inspired skin for Lavos, seeing what deluxe skins they come up with is the fun part.

But most of them do. 

For example, the rhino insect skin, still looks and feels like rhino despite being insect themed, and they used an insect that feels "strong" and "resilient" like rhino. 

Nothing about Yareli deluxe gives vibes of being "cute." I was fine with Wisp Deluxe not being as appealing because her theme is otherworldly and stuff (which even if I don't like, still fits the design), but Yareli?

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Sadly, unlike other frames with bad (or at the very least unpopular) skins, people don't seem to like Yareli enough to make many tennogen designs for her, even if Yareli is good now.

good != popular, they messed up with kdrive bugs and I think the damage is done, there are people that just wont go back to her now no matter how many updates she gets

• Like 5

Cleary DE should have made a collab with Hololive and given us Gura-Yareli, Ina-Hydroid (to go with the rework), Kiara-Ember and Mori-Nekros as the Man in the Wall clearly intended.

Also that "giant eyeball" is actually a pearl in Yareli Delux

• Like 3

I don't play yareli very often (mostly cause i dislike the fact that yareli has no option for k drive mods) 

And this skin concept is just odd , 

Then again , there are quite a few skins that would look better on another frame. Like one of ivaras skins which was a dragon and one of khoras skin with the flowers looks very weird and has better candidates.

8 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

Not for anything in particular, I think those "bulky" parts on the arms and legs of the Yareli concept are meant to evoke a giant clam, among other things.

What Do Giant Clams Eat? - American Oceans

The pink tube tentacles with their little rounded ends look a lot like a closeup of a lion's mane jellyfish or similar, though, like the head, so it still seems mostly that to me. The spikes inside the clam parts almost evoke nudibranchs, maybe?

Clam + spikes =

091.png

Cloyster skin.

• Like 2

The little pink tubes in her face and back look a lot like some giant jellyfish though, and she has the hat shape with the fringed edge. It's definitely a reference they're looking at (whether it translates is another question.) This is basically her head: 

Giant Jellyfish | EARTH 103: Earth in the Future

5 hours ago, Alguien said:

Also that "giant eyeball" is actually a pearl in Yareli Delux

Warframes don't have "eyes" so that makes sense, but there's internal reflections there to imply a big wet eyeball. The pearl thing explains all the other little ones and the ones in her back though. Also does seem like a nod to the cute and girly side, she's literally decorated with pearls.

6 hours ago, -Krism- said:

You didn't pay enough attention to the stream? So yeah, the fault is on you

They might not have even seen the stream, there's no need for the heat.

6 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

good != popular, they messed up with kdrive bugs and I think the damage is done, there are people that just wont go back to her now no matter how many updates she gets

And it's not like she's broken by Warframe standards now, she's just wet Zephyr, who is herself just wimdy Mag. I dig her out once in a while and she's entirely playable now, but I honestly don't think she'd be a common sight in random publics even if she launched this way.

3 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Subsume it! Yareli is great without Merulina.

Sadly, yeah, much like Zephyr and Tail Wind, there are definitely helminth abilities that will benefit her more. Apart from being her signature, I hate to inject over a decent mobility move, but even that's tileset dependent. 

(Not to get too deep into her mechanics, of course, I just think there's reasons her kit isn't exactly universally beloved even now. That doesn't mean your crack Umbral five-Tauforged-shard build that injects Nourish on her 4 and taps into a synergy with the Convectrix or something isn't the most godlike thing to ever happen to Warframe, I believe you, there are people who can pull wild things out of any frame they really invest some time in as long as it's not Caliban.)

1 hour ago, CopperBezel said:

Sadly, yeah, much like Zephyr and Tail Wind, there are definitely helminth abilities that will benefit her more. Apart from being her signature, I hate to inject over a decent mobility move, but even that's tileset dependent. 

(Not to get too deep into her mechanics, of course, I just think there's reasons her kit isn't exactly universally beloved even now. That doesn't mean your crack Umbral five-Tauforged-shard build that injects Nourish on her 4 and taps into a synergy with the Convectrix or something isn't the most godlike thing to ever happen to Warframe, I believe you, there are people who can pull wild things out of any frame they really invest some time in as long as it's not Caliban.)

I've mentioned it before in other Yareli threads, but I unironically use Caliban's subsume over Merulina. Nothing crack about it, Sentient Wrath is just a really useful ability that fits in with the rest of her CC-oriented kit. Yareli's fun and if people get hung up on Merulina they should just subsume it. Merulina doesn't have any important synergies with the rest of her kit and can be safely replaced with anything.

I use Thermal Sunder for the same reason, it's a different flavor of CC (the double tap freeze) and a weapon buff with the augment.

I tried using Sentient Wrath when I farmed Caliban twice when he came out (I'm a Helminth completionist and it's extremely unhealthy - suffice to say I regret not farming one Caliban, waiting a week to play with him and see if there were immediate updates, and subsuming that one.) I can't get over how much it looks and feels like Rhino Stomp, but riddled with limitations Rhino Stomp doesn't have. If it was one expanding wave that passed through enemies instead of segments they can block, I'd use it on a lot of frames. 

Edit: Also worth saying, I know that Yareli's inability to cast Helminth abilities on Merulina is an animation limitation thing, but it sure does create a one-way dependency that makes Merulina the easy ability to drop. Subsuming any ability makes Merulina worse....

Edited by CopperBezel

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

But most of them do. 

For example, the rhino insect skin, still looks and feels like rhino despite being insect themed, and they used an insect that feels "strong" and "resilient" like rhino. 

Nothing about Yareli deluxe gives vibes of being "cute." I was fine with Wisp Deluxe not being as appealing because her theme is otherworldly and stuff (which even if I don't like, still fits the design), but Yareli?

Ok, they still don't have to stick to the base theme or shape of the regular frame

It's fine if you want them to be more connected to the theme, if there's people that are disappointed then that's unfortunate.

Maybe wait for the prime, a tennogen or deluxe 2 one of those will probably give you what you want.

• Like 1

7小时前 , PublikDomain 说:

Subsume it! Yareli is great without Merulina.

What would be a good option over merulina?

I thought about terrify, but survivability was a big issue and I dun like shield gating. Null star sounded good but we were bulding for range so it was a no no. 

Arcane guardian? But then I may have to drop molt augment. Adaptation did not work really well. Quick thinking? But she had no reliable way to generate energy or health unless I resort to hunter adrenaline, but at this point the build seems too convoluted.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Ok, they still don't have to stick to the base theme or shape of the regular frame

It's fine if you want them to be more connected to the theme, if there's people that are disappointed then that's unfortunate.

Maybe wait for the prime, a tennogen or deluxe 2 one of those will probably give you what you want.

Well yeah, I'm waiting for the prime. 

Let's hope it isn't some golden mess.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 4

*shrug*

I like it and will probably pick it up even though I seem to only play Yareli for steel path circuit runs.

For people that don't like it, nobody is going to like everything. I play Khora far more than any other frame and was disappointed by her deluxe. It's far too busy for my liking, among other things. I do say I'm not a fan when it comes up in chat discussion, but I never felt the need to post an essay on the forums about it. Heck, I'm not big on the Khora Prime skin either, so I have the normal skin with the mantis helmet. But plenty of other people like the deluxe skin, so it is what it is.

• Like 1

On 2023-09-01 at 11:51 PM, RichardKam said:

Arcane guardian? But then I may have to drop molt augment. Adaptation did not work really well. 

Okay, belated reply unrelated to the thread topic that's not even strictly about Yareli.

DR from Adaptation and the armor from Arcane Guardian have a multiplicative effect on one another, and while one is cumulative over a period and the other is an all or nothing chance, they both have to be triggered by damage. So both, yes, all the time, they both always work better at protecting health in the presence of the other. I don't think of Molt Reconstruct as something to use instead of Guardian so much as, if this frame's main defense is health and I don't have any healing abilities to draw on, I'm going to have to use both and don't get to use one of the fun arcanes instead. But that's after I'm already definitely using Adaptation, Guardian, and Vitality, pretty much in that order. (Quick Thinking should be the mathematically right choice on a lot of frames but never seems to live up to it in practice.)

For Yareli specifically, and me specifically, I did put two blue archon shards on her for some initial armor, as 300 armor is still 50% reduction on the first hit before anything else kicks in, even if that becomes irrelevant once Guardian triggers. She squish after all. 

Yarleli is a CC frame, which does reduce the amount of fire coming her way, and the helminth's options for tanking abilities are extremely limited. And if you don't mind being on Merulina all the time, score, no need to solve a problem you don't have (although you'd definitely be seeing an effect from Adaptation there.) But yeah, squishy casters in general tend to benefit from Adaptation and Arcane Guardian together. (Unless you're talking lower enemy level missions, but then Adaptation on any frame is plenty.)

• Like 1

I've been a Yareli main since day one of Yareli, and I'm a huge fan of this look! I think people forget that pretty much all deluxe skins are a different aesthetic from the rest of a frame's skins (including the base skin). Take Octavia Deluxe for example, very different from other Octavia skins! I'm sure the rest of the Yareli skins in the future will be the whole 'cutesy' thing people are obsessed with reducing her to. 

As for this one, I can't wait!

Edited by PorpitaPorpita
  • Like 2

On 2023-09-01 at 11:51 PM, RichardKam said:

What would be a good option over merulina?

I thought about terrify, but survivability was a big issue and I dun like shield gating. Null star sounded good but we were bulding for range so it was a no no. 

Arcane guardian? But then I may have to drop molt augment. Adaptation did not work really well. Quick thinking? But she had no reliable way to generate energy or health unless I resort to hunter adrenaline, but at this point the build seems too convoluted.

Breach surge affects eximus (they become blinded), and it also gives you more damage. It'll also work with your 3.

Any sort of damage buff would be good for tearing through overguard and enemies in general allowing you to cc everything (especially Xata's because void damage does extra to overguard). 

Gloom could be good if you have a way to upkeep energy and stack power strength.

Resonator distracts enemies and is good with range. You can also use the augment to make sure it is always near you.

Cloak arrow.... well, it depends on how much you're going to be moving, unless you run sentinels. 

Parasitic armor and a couple others give armor, but again you need shields/strength. 

Pillage and Condemn give shields (but then again, you don't like shield gating). However, condemn also gives cc so that might make it easier for you.  

Mesa's shooting gallery will disarm a few enemies every couple of seconds, but with the augment it will automatically cc everything nearby after a few kills (including those made by allies), and affecting eximus.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT