Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #173

[DE]Megan

2b6d2acd47646821efa791d0ce742d60.png 

Tenno!

Join the development team on a special date of Thursday, September 28th at 2 pm ET for our first Devstream post-TennoCon 2023! The couch crew is eager to recap TennoCon 2023, reveal our next in-person event, and deep dive into our upcoming October update Abyss of Dagath. It might be a long one - get comfy!!

Watch to earn yourself a Twitch Drop of a Tauforged Archon Shard!

See you over at twitch.tv/warframe Thursday, September 28th at 2 p.m. ET! 

• Like 50

Hey, DE. Questions for this devstream:

• With cross platform save finally in the near horizon, can we expect an account merge to happen, as previously planned? Specially for those who share the same e-mail for said accounts.
    • If an account merge is not in the cards what will happen to any other accounts sharing the same e-mail address? Poof, gone? (/s) Should I consider changing the e-mail address in my secondary account?
    • Also, what about founders who migrated into consoles years ago? Would they have to pick up from where their PC account was at just to keep their Founder items?

• With Soulframe already looking so good (I know there's still a long way to the finish line), could we assume it might release in 2024? Or perhaps it still has a longer dev cycle ahead that pushes its release into 2025 or later? I know we don't do dates, but I'm genuinely curious as to how far along it is.

• About the planned melee stuff and QoL, any plans to grant melees more ways to keep the combo counter up? For example, the Rauta/Kullervo mechanic, as well as the "keep combo meter while unequipped" was pretty nice. Looking forward to more QoL like that.

Cheers, keep up the superb work.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 15

Long one. Can't wait since that means there will be plenty of details to look forward to.

Tauforged archon shard is a good drop that you do not want to miss! Make sure your drops are set up beforehand. Still 30 minutes to get the drop right?

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Is plague star ever coming back? Or do we just have to live with nights of naberus being the dump event for all event rewards for events that won't return?

apperantly they have really Big problems with map sence New War Dropped so probably no

1 hour ago, ToKeSia said:

Question here, will we have cross trade when cross save implemented /

Probably no Even Big Youtubers think it would be imposible it would Inflate and owerflow the market the prices on diffent consoles like Nintendo ones are so bad that they give you junk for basicly free, there is way on how to fix it it is called Fixed price and that would not owerflow the market but this would mean that prices for every prime would be Fixed and would not move down so basicly somthing like Harow wich on PC cost like 80 would cost just like on relase 150

Could you at least address community reaction and feedback to Heirloom collection pricing? Adding platinum to existing bundles is nice but doesn't address the main complaints about it (bundle only to inflate the price which gets worsened by the "never coming back" aspect of it)

You (DE) always talk about learning from past mistakes yet keep committing them over time, forcing bundles to bloat the price of cosmetic items being a common one at this point despite the big callout on this matter during the first Prime Vault (not to mention it was also the case for Ember's PA which didn't have an accessories only pack, that was added for Rhino's PA). 

Fwiw: 

Spoiler

• Like 20

hydroid hype :D:D here is hoping we keep tancles and get like a exalte canon or something and that we need to grab with tentacles and shoot them to get overguard or something i miss my tentacle boy and yes canon is because my patatoe aim so tired getting screwed over with needing get good weapons and stuff for headshots you alrdy nerfed my zarr/wu-kong fun time so

18 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Could you at least address community reaction and feedback to Heirloom collection pricing? Adding platinum to existing bundles is nice but doesn't address the main complaints about it (bundle only to inflate the price which gets worsened by the "never coming back" aspect of it)

You (DE) always talk about learning from past mistakes yet keep committing them over time, forcing bundles to bloat the price of cosmetic items being a common one at this point despite the big callout on this matter during the first Prime Vault (not to mention it was also the case for Ember's PA which didn't have an accessories only pack, that was added for Rhino's PA). 

Fwiw: 

Considering how long it has been since last "fix" I doubt we'll get any answer.

Back to devstream. Will Cavalero Incarnon shop receive some rotating Adapter offerings in future?

Edited by Kaziroh
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Hipperigly said:

Probably no Even Big Youtubers think it would be imposible it would Inflate and owerflow the market the prices on diffent console

Hardly a problem, it would settle rather quickly once people realized that everyone has loads of parts and the prices would go down very quick.

33 minutes ago, Hipperigly said:

there is way on how to fix it it is called Fixed price and that would not owerflow the market but this would mean that prices for every prime would be Fixed and would not move down so basicly somthing like Harow wich on PC cost like 80 would cost just like on relase 150

Hell no, that is stupid and not needed. The community will sort it out with time. There is no need for such a method.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Kaziroh said:

Will Cavalero Incarnon shop receive some rotating Adapter offerings in future?

I’ll second this! The grind gets to be a drag after a while for at least some of us, so that would a great option.

Also, to echo some people’s concerns here, are you going properly address concerns with regard to the heirloom collection? This would be largely resolved by having a cosmetics-only option to buy and by guaranteeing this particular collection will return sometime in the future as is the case with prime gear.

• Like 3

I would like to hear an update regarding Heirloom packs, as would may others. There are over 2,200 responses on your last update with more than 180 thousand total views. Clearly players remain unsatisfied with your initial response, which addresses only one of many concerns.

• People still don't like the FOMO, it's just yucky and there's no need for it.
  • People still don't like the exclusivity, nor the harassment or elitism that comes with it from both sides of the aisle. The Founders program has shown you for a decade what this invites into our community. Have you forgotten?
  • People still don't like that it's cash-only. Why is the plat and Regal Aya I just bought no longer good enough?
  • People still don't like that they can't purchase bundle contents separately. You do this for other bundles, why not this one?
  • People still don't like that the only "10 Year Supporters" you choose to recognize are those that buy these packs. Is the hundreds of dollars of support I've given over these years not good enough?
    2yGESEX.png
    And that's just through Steam! Personally, I find this insulting. It's just ugly.
  • And the only concrete reason you've given for why you won't make further changes is that it would be """unfair""" to players who bought specifically for the exclusivity, but you're using "unfairness" to defend an inherently unfair system. Is serving such a petty desire to be better than everyone else really more important than all the players who cannot afford these packs with cash right now and all the players who join will our community during Warframe's next 10 years?

The New War Supporter packs followed a dual cash/plat model for the Volt and Mesa Sentient skins, and this was widely praised. Please follow your own successful models instead of resorting to this cheap, predatory monetization. It should be beneath you.

Anyways, on a lighter note: where's my plants!?

There are no plants to put in the plant pots added to Duviri, and I've placed a plant pot every day in protest of this egregious lack of greenery for the past 50+ days:

yv6BU5a.png

What a mess, even Ordis doesn't know what to make of this.

There are also many older Deluxe skins which could retroactively have floaty Signa-like parts turned into Signas, which would be very cool.

I would also like to get an update on permanent festive cosmetics, and ways for the less inclined Tenno to finally be able to hide them and other goofy immersion-breaking content. Soon we have the Dog Days Ephemera going away, again, for no reason whatsoever, followed closely by the Dullahan Helmet. Dagath deserves a head!

Ain't like it's an unpopular idea, guys.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 24