The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Abyss of Dagath Development

[DE]Megan

Hello, Tenno!

The team is well underway with developing our next Update: Abyss of Dagath.

Announced during TennoLIVE 2023, a lot is coming your way:

• 54th Warframe, Dagath!

• New storytelling from Grandmother

• New crypt-style Dojo Room

• Grendel Prime

• Companion Rework

• Hydroid Rework

• Accessibility + HUD Changes

• Auto-melee

• Enemy visibility settings

• etc

• New Player Experience Changes

• Waverider Quest

• Universal Enemy Radar 

• etc

• Rough Edges & General QOL

• Focus Acquisition

• Nightwave Acts

• etc 

• And much more!!!

Abyss of Dagath will be a Mainline Update, and for us to fully build and test this Update, we must pause Hotfixes. We will still actively watch the Live Build for any issues we can resolve with the Dagath Update. 

Please see our Warframe Lexicon for Updates for a full breakdown of what a Mainline Update entails. 

Don’t miss our Abyss of Dagath deep dive on Devstream #173 this September 28th at 2pm ET!

• Like 50

7 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Accessibility + HUD Changes

• Auto-melee

• Enemy visibility settings

• etc

Very relieved to hear something about enemy visibility is being attempted

I'll say it again: auto-gun fire or auto-attack in general would be immensely appreciated and solve a lot of discomfort issues with spammy semi-auto guns

• Like 15

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rough Edges & General QOL

• Focus Acquisition

Would be nice if this meant completely changing the drop tables of T5 bounty on Cetus, because it's beyond awful (too many rewards, most not evergreen if you don't trade) and the drop chance of Eidolon lens is far too low. Same thing with other lens on Cetus, drop rates were tuned down to cater to "veterans" complaining about getting Lens (instead of Gara) because they already got them from Sortie, but that change instead ruined focus for newer players that don't want to spend plat on those, and not to mention that the Zariman rewards blow Cetus away when it comes to lens, it also makes the build requirements of Greater lens completely ridiculous.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I'll say it again: auto-gun fire or auto-attack in general would be immensely appreciated and solve a lot of discomfort issues with spammy semi-auto guns

uhm.. doesnt this contradict the sole purpose of having semi auto guns instead of just fully auto only? 👀 

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Enemy visibility settings

Please oh please let this also have something to do with enemies under abilities that we cannot damage such as shadows of the dead, xaku's hold or well of life. Just a minor annoyance to me but it can sometimes get frustrating when you go one way to get to an enemy only to realize it is a stasis enemy when you should have gone the other way.

• Like 5

Can we please also fix the fishing and tranq gun HUD elements? Sometimes they move around the screen and literally make it impossible to shoot or fish because it's in the middle of the crosshairs.... Maybe just make it so people can move it? ^^; Or maybe make it an option to turn off or something. This has been a problem for a long time and everytime it gets brought up its not a big enough of a problem for people but it's a pretty big issue..... "not being able to fish because I cant see" is kind of an issue... :/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wirecard said:

uhm.. doesnt this contradict the sole purpose of having semi auto guns instead of just fully auto only? 👀 

The main problem is with what I mentioned, spammy semi-auto weapons. Guns like the Lato, which are relatively high fire rate and low damage, and take a lot of clicking to get the most DPS. Semi-auto really only makes sense with some weapons that are intended to be fired slowly with high damage per shot

Funnily enough, the one method I've found to make some semi-autos comfortable is to actually reduce their fire rate with corrupted mods and go for that "power per shot", since there's no auto-clicker mod, which the auto-melee sounds like it will be. But those mods are crit-based, and not all weapons benefit from crit chance

But I'd really rather just see the semi-auto thing completely retired, or at least have that option to switch, if melee is getting that treatment. It would not only reduce how much we need to click (less hand strain, less mouse/controller wear) and it would also be consistent with the auto-melee feature

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3