Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will There Be More Incarnon Weapons?

TheGiantFox

I've taken interest in getting the Incarnons lately, but I notice that the options are quite limited (IMO) as of right now.
Personally, I think there are some weapons that also deserve the Incarnon treatment. *cough* Tigris *cough*
Will there be more Incarnons in future updates or is this it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Probably, though the more they add the more weeks you'll have to wait till you can get what you want. I don't mind waiting but if it gets to a point of waiting 12 weeks for new incarnons it'll be a bit too much.

Hmm, that's true. Maybe they could add more weapons to a rotation instead?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGiantFox said:

Very likely, especially given the fact DE has tested the possibility of making a market of Incarnon Adaptors putting them for sale for Plat at Cavalero.

I think there are some weapons that also deserve the Incarnon treatment. *cough* Tigris *cough*

Do keep in mind that Incarnon mode of weapons completely change their functions, a Shotgun can easily turn into a Beam, Launcher, Projectile weapon.

That being said, i wanna see the Tigris Incarnon work like the Stug, lololololol. :V

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Very likely, especially given the fact DE has tested the possibility of making a market of Incarnon Adaptors putting them for sale for Plat at Cavalero.

Do keep in mind that Incarnon mode of weapons completely change their functions, a Shotgun can easily turn into a Beam, Launcher, Projectile weapon.

That being said, i wanna see the Tigris Incarnon work like the Stug, lololololol. :V

I'd rather see Tigris' Incarnon give it some sort of explosive pellet or something of the sort. Just give it something kinda OP to compensate for its 2 two shells.
But honestly, if they decide to release Tigris Incarnon, I only care about the stats boost that comes with it. Hopefully it's not something that's underwhelming.

• Like 2

They really need to rethink the weekly rotations before they think about adding more. It's several weeks before one set cycles back into rotation, and you're still limited to only two per week, so that's another instance of waiting to get the fifth.

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Probably, though the more they add the more weeks you'll have to wait till you can get what you want. I don't mind waiting but if it gets to a point of waiting 12 weeks for new incarnons it'll be a bit too much.

They will probably add new incarnons in a new gamemode. Next major update is related to the void. Maybe we will get them there instead.

Edited by (PSN)EntityPendragon
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I wonder how good that test was. I mean 120 plat is nice price (something between rarer mod or arcane and full price weapon) but they doesn't seems interesting to me. AFAIR I've seen some topic about Gorgon and in general not the greatest incarnons. I wonder if many people bought those incarnon given other incarnons or in general weapon we probably have.

And it was month(s) since incarnon shop introduction with no change. I heard that they could change it in later updates, even months later but... it's still sounds like forgotten part to me (like non buyable tenet weapons).

53 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I think there are some weapons that also deserve the Incarnon treatment. *cough* Tigris *cough*

*Meanwhile melees* bigger, faster, stronger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGiantFox said:

I've taken interest in getting the Incarnons lately, but I notice that the options are quite limited (IMO) as of right now.
Personally, I think there are some weapons that also deserve the Incarnon treatment. *cough* Tigris *cough*
Will there be more Incarnons in future updates or is this it?

Unfortunately more will likely come. I'd not be surprised to see them being farmable somewhere other than Duviri though.

2 hours ago, Yakhul said:

I have a dream

Dream of the Golden Boomstick

Dream of Incarnon Corinth Prime, while in incarnon form, only shoots granades that work like the kuva bramma, and non incarnon, crit monster.

Oh, same here. Still wish they'd return the single shell at a time reload though.

32 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

Unfortunately more will likely come. I'd not be surprised to see them being farmable somewhere other than Duviri though.

Why is it unfortunate?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quxier said:

And it was month(s) since incarnon shop introduction with no change. I heard that they could change it in later updates, even months later but... it's still sounds like forgotten part to me (like non buyable tenet weapons).

The shop was introduced on July the 30th, and in the update notes DE clearly said that only those 5 weapons would be available in the shop.

Doesn't look at all to me like they forgot. They're doing what they said they'd be doing.

39 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

The shop was introduced on July the 30th, and in the update notes DE clearly said that only those 5 weapons would be available in the shop.

Doesn't look at all to me like they forgot. They're doing what they said they'd be doing.

Aw, only those five? I thought it would have a rotation like Darvo's shop at least.

26 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Because they break a little more with every patch, and DE isn't fixing the issues.

Well, it is how it is. We can only wait, I guess.

46 minutes ago, TheGiantFox said:

Why is it unfortunate?

I dislike how DE has handled Incarnon Genesis:

• Chose weapons used as ingredients for other weapons, knowing many players most likely do not have those weapons anymore eg Lex, Vasto, Miter.
  • Further contributes to unneeded power creep.
  • DE nerfed radial AoE and ammo in 2022 under the guise of balance, only to release new AoE options via Incarnon Genesis Weapons that do not suffer ammo issues and arguably trivialize content to a similar extent as pre-nerfed AoE from 2022. Classic bait and switch.
  • Some weapons do not maintain their feel and lose their identity when transforming, seemingly being given random modifications when entering Incarnon mode eg Torid, Boar.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

I dislike how DE has handled Incarnon Genesis:

• Chose weapons used as ingredients for other weapons, knowing many players most likely do not have those weapons anymore eg Lex, Vasto, Miter.
  • Further contributes to unneeded power creep.
  • DE nerfed radial AoE and ammo in 2022 under the guise of balance, only to release new AoE options via Incarnon Genesis Weapons that do not suffer ammo issues and arguably trivialize content to a similar extent as pre-nerfed AoE from 2022. Classic bait and switch.
  • Some weapons do not maintain their feel and lose their identity when transforming, seemingly being given random modifications when entering Incarnon mode eg Torid, Boar.

IMO it's not that bad. Those weapons you mentioned can be grinded or bought back.

Powercreep is inevitable, plus with Warframe there will always be a meta for certain levels and new updates.
So it just adds options and more freedom for players who want to use these weapons.

I don't really see any issues with the changes they made last time; it's good and bad, here and there. But personally I don't see much changes to my play style.

Although I do agree that a lot of the Incarnons just changes the feel and identity of the weapons. Maybe it's their attempt at changing things up for these weapons, but personally I feel like they should've went with improving what the weapons are already doing instead of outright changing it. That's why I mostly only pay attention to the minor stats boosts that the Incarnons give instead of the Incarnon mode.

• Like 2

Personally, I like having a bit of a mix. If all incarnon forms were just simply 'base form cranked up to 11' it'd feel a little samey, imo, especially when you can just use the base form with its added evolution stats for that, though I understand that you can't just take an assault rifle and throw a dart on a board to see what it'll turn into for its incarnon. In an ideal world I'd like to see a bit more variance in how an incarnon changes or adds onto a weapon i.e charging up an incarnon alt-fire instead of an incarnon form. A weapon's primary fire could be a generic big damage critter, but its alt fire would instead have a large amount of status: the weapon doesn't get cranked up to 11 or completely change, but instead it acts as its own primer for situations that call for it. Something like the Gorgon's Incarnon, in essence, would be a similar idea. The primary fire is for shredding a specific singular target, while the secondary fire mows through crowds.

Having it specifically be an incarnon form every single time gets a little stale and it'd allow for different interpretations of a weapon allows for situations where the form isn't just an objective improvement to the gun's performance and is something you actively think about. A gun like the Soma Prime's incarnon would've been better received if it functioned that way, as opposed to its (again, imo) rather clunky current standing. Functional, sure, but I was hoping for more. Primary fire is typical Soma, secondary fire would be the obligatory Hata stacker + idk something something maybe give the dang form an actual status chance. 

If we ever see another batch of incarnons, my bet's that they'll be in Whispers In The Walls as an added little goodie, maybe with the expansion of Cavalero's shop to go with it. 

2 hours ago, TheGiantFox said:

IMO it's not that bad. Those weapons you mentioned can be grinded or bought back.

Different strokes for different folks. 

Powercreep is inevitable, plus with Warframe there will always be a meta for certain levels and new updates.
So it just adds options and more freedom for players who want to use these weapons.

It is, but the game's balance is quite poor. DE continues to release overpowered weapons that appear to be x-times more effective at dealing damage relative to other offerings, while gravitating to band-aid fixes such as Damage Attenuation, which tends to nerf stronger offerings to a greater extent.

In the end, it becomes a case of DE presenting a weapon that appears to be, for example, x5 times more effective than a weaker option, when in reality it is x5 times more effective in potential damage incurred by fodder, which has little practical value at high level player power, while being x2 times more effective against enemies that matter (eg Acolytes, or certain bosses) due to Damage Attenuation. I find this practice disingenuous. Based on the feedback we've seen, Damage Attenuation tends to confuse and frustrate players. The game would be better off if DE didn't release weapons with much greater potential performance numbers, whilst making use of "behind the scenes" nerfs by way of hidden mechanics, as we continuously enter a cycle in which Damage Attenuation formulas need to be revisited (a waste of time and resources), whilst at the same time proving to be ineffective due to oversights, whilst trivializing much of the other content. It is a !@#$show to be honest. 

Although I do agree that a lot of the Incarnons just changes the feel and identity of the weapons. Maybe it's their attempt at changing things up for these weapons, but personally I feel like they should've went with improving what the weapons are already doing instead of outright changing it. That's why I mostly only pay attention to the minor stats boosts that the Incarnons give instead of the Incarnon mode.

We are of like mind regarding this. Though it is a personal disappointment, I can accept some aspects of the game isn't for me whilst others may enjoy it.

4 hours ago, McRibbles said:

Personally, I like having a bit of a mix. If all incarnon forms were just simply 'base form cranked up to 11' it'd feel a little samey, imo, especially when you can just use the base form with its added evolution stats for that, though I understand that you can't just take an assault rifle and throw a dart on a board to see what it'll turn into for its incarnon. In an ideal world I'd like to see a bit more variance in how an incarnon changes or adds onto a weapon i.e charging up an incarnon alt-fire instead of an incarnon form. A weapon's primary fire could be a generic big damage critter, but its alt fire would instead have a large amount of status: the weapon doesn't get cranked up to 11 or completely change, but instead it acts as its own primer for situations that call for it. Something like the Gorgon's Incarnon, in essence, would be a similar idea. The primary fire is for shredding a specific singular target, while the secondary fire mows through crowds.

Having it specifically be an incarnon form every single time gets a little stale and it'd allow for different interpretations of a weapon allows for situations where the form isn't just an objective improvement to the gun's performance and is something you actively think about. A gun like the Soma Prime's incarnon would've been better received if it functioned that way, as opposed to its (again, imo) rather clunky current standing. Functional, sure, but I was hoping for more. Primary fire is typical Soma, secondary fire would be the obligatory Hata stacker + idk something something maybe give the dang form an actual status chance. 

If we ever see another batch of incarnons, my bet's that they'll be in Whispers In The Walls as an added little goodie, maybe with the expansion of Cavalero's shop to go with it. 

I don't disagree with changing things up, but certain Incarnons really detract from their original form that it's a bit weird.

Take Boar for example. It's an automatic shotgun, but the Incarnon mode is a beam laser gun. It just feels off.

I personally don't mind Soma's Incarnon, although yes it's a bit of a letdown, but it doesn't change Soma's status a bullet hose for example.

8 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

New Incarnon Geneses Acquisition Method: Incarnon Market at Cavalero 
In addition to acquiring these new Incarnon Geneses via the Steel Path Circuit Rewards, they will also be available for purchase at Calavero with Platinum in the Incarnon Market starting the week they are available on the Circuit Reward path. 

As previously discussed on Devstream 172, the intention behind this experiment is to offer players the option to pay-to-skip should they desire, while ensuring that the free acquisition path is not prohibitive for players. Only these 5 new items will be available for Platinum via this experiment, and will become available following the Weekly Reset on July 30th. 

The “Incarnon Market” option will appear at Cavalero on July 30th once the rotation to the new Incarnon Geneses occur and will be permanently accessible as a one-time purchase for players who have unlocked The Steel Path. 

This is an experiment so we are not 100% sure... but at this point it's just my wish.