Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretty disappointed that a login reward rework wasn’t talked about in devstream.

(XBOX)Caelum6613

hace 3 minutos, (PSN)FrDiabloFr dijo:

What are you talking about lol? I was addressing hexerin because they were trying to downplay someone else’s experience of the game you obviously piped up not understanding no biggy move on:)

THE TOPIC: Pretty disappointed that a login reward rework wasn’t talked about in devstream.
Read again.

1 minute ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

THE TOPIC: Pretty disappointed that a login reward rework wasn’t talked about in devstream.
Read again.

Ok you really aren’t understanding this let me break it down, caelum gave an in depth opinion to their experience of the game hexerin instead of offering a good response/concise reply simply replied with a meme which lacks any positive input are you good now my guy??

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Like I don't personally think this is FOMO at its worst, because you can still eventually get items

I do agree on this; I feel like FOMO is more the "I must rush rush rush (or pay to skip the rush) in order to get something before it goes away" method used to push short-term engagement. You could definitely make an argument that Nightwave is a FOMO mechanic -- better do your Nightwave challenges if you want that rank 30 reward, because who knows when it'll ever come around again! -- but I don't think the login rewards necessarily are.

This is not to downplay how the more recent poster feels; I can absolutely see why having things gated on number of login days is annoying, especially when so many community guides (YouTubes, Overframe builds, etc.) treat PSF specifically as though it were a necessity; I'm pretty sure I said as much earlier in this thread, months ago. I just don't think it's specifically a FOMO mechanic -- it's more like a POMO (Persist Or Miss Out) mechanic, to coin a term; the reward doesn't go away, but neither is there any way to shortcut it by grinding in a focused manner or whatnot.

I can imagine it's even more annoying when you only can really play on the weekends or such; someone who plays 8 hours a week, but those 8 hours are on weekends, is going to get the login rewards a lot more slowly than someone who plays 8 hours a week but in little "I'll log in and do a mission or two" clumps over the course of the week.

Yes, you can just log in and back out to get the reward and tick your total up, but I can see that being annoying on consoles. Got to turn the console on, wait for it to finish loading, open the game, wait for it to finish loading, wait for your login to finish, click the button, and then put the console back to sleep. And that's assuming you have an opening to do so -- consoles are often hooked up to the television, and televisions are often used for more than just consoles (and by more than one person in a family). Maybe you get back and someone else is watching Netflix, or even playing something else on the console. So I can definitely see it being even more annoying for console players.

For PC players, we at least often have the PC already on for other purposes -- and people often have more than one computer in a household -- and so we're less likely to have to wait for a slot to use a thing; we just have to sit down and click 'Play' in Steam or whatever. (Although we have to enter our password every time, which periodically makes me question why I picked a password that's 30-odd characters long...)

• Like 1

Or maybe, we should stop putting these mods on a pedestal.

Vigor is trash, P fury is not even the 2nd best AS mod, shred is a flex slot at best and the importance of PSF has been vastly exaggerated.

Some mediocre mods for a milestone seems ok. There's supposed to be something after all.

Those who don't have them feel like this, because those of us who do over exagerate their value (especially some cancer clickbait YouTubers).

PS. I don't really care if DE desides tomorrow to send all of them via mail to those who don't have them.

Got into this game in duviri. Finished new war and am mr23.

they are fixing grind in various quests, but they are not reworking what to me is the most egregious grind in this game, the daily login for primed mods/weapons.

I am a player that tends to not play a decent amount every day, but large amounts a certain number of days(weekends). During most weekdays I am frankly too tired to even turn on my console and log on. I feel I am being punished for not logging on every day like a second job.

Frankly, if you want to ease grind and give some of us newer players QOL, ease/rework the grind to get these weapons/mods. This in my opinion is the most egregious “farm” in this game. I don’t care how “necessary” they are, the concept of “oh, if you didn’t log in 1 day you will be getting this gameplay element 1 day later” is borderline predatory. This is FOMO at its worst. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another game that locks gameplay elements behind timegates this outrageously. FFXIV had something similar to this, DE, and they REMOVED IT.

In general, I don’t think gameplay elements should be locked behind timegates like this.

I honestly think I am going to quit the game over this. The expectation that I have to login for years, everyday, to get these rewards as soon as possible is an unrealistic and borderline predatory expectation.

I wouldn't consider it FOMO exactly, let alone at its worst, because the reward is always obtainable, you're just behind people who have put the days in first. 

In saying that I do think it could do with some improvement. Maybe at least for starters putting the special rewards in specific mastery ranks to have an alternate pathway to them, and just replacing the items with the repeatable evergreen rewards (things like forma etc if you're not aware) if you already have them all from that category. This would at least give a pathway that not only provides the rewards without any explicit time gate but also reduces the amount of days needed to obtain them through the daily reward system.

I don't think theres an inherent problem with daily rewards and think being rewarded for logging in is nice, though I do have problems with a lot of daily systems in general, and I do think warframes has gotten a bit excessive in the amount of days for rewards but I do think they realize that and no longer put unique rewards in higher tiers and I hope they commit to this. 

I believe it may have even been mentioned at some point by de that something like a milestone skip token was something they were thinking about at some point, though I don't think there was much said, it may have even been pushed aside or my memory may not be accurate. 

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Caelum6613 said:

I honestly think I am going to quit the game over this. The expectation that I have to login for years, everyday, to get these rewards as soon as possible is an unrealistic and borderline predatory expectation.

I understand why you're frustrated, but the bright side here is that none of the offerings from Logins vastly change the game and aren't exclusive to a specific time-period and technically always around. Primed Fury, Primed Sure Footed, Zenith and arguably Primed Shred are the "important" login items, but all of these have alternatives to offer the same mechanics or similar bonuses. I can't say I like the idea of Mastery and Primed Mods being in this system, but it is what it is.

Most live-service games now just do this anyway, whether it's a login reward system, a battle pass, or exclusive purchases. Games now are less concerned about making sure the game is always fun, and more concerned with keeping you busy so that you can invest as much of your time and money into that game as your "main" live service game. It'd be nice if Warframe didn't follow this trend, but it does, and there's not much we can do about it. The only nice thing about Warframe is that these issues (while boiling up as of late) don't kill the experience of the game like so many other games suffer from.

Edited by Voltage

21 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Primed Shred >>> Primed Sure Footed

And that's the beauty of builds. I won't say Primed Shred is a bad mod or anything, I just simply don't use it as much as Primed Sure Footed, especially with the gear I use often. This is why the login mods really aren't deal breaking.

• Like 1