Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretty disappointed that a login reward rework wasn’t talked about in devstream.

(XBOX)Caelum6613

It’s just really demoralizing seeing a build on YouTube with mods like primed shred, fury, sure footed, or vigor and knowing I won’t be able to have those mods for potentially YEARS. And that’s assuming I login every single day.

I feel like this system really discourages new players from committing to this game. Is there a way this length of time can be shortened or removed? Could they be tied to something different besides times one has logged in?

• Like 3

I have all of those primed mods and haven't bothered fusing any of them to maximum. They really aren't that important.

Primed Sure Footed used to be borderline mandatory back when tether enemies were practically uncounterable, but it's usually a waste of a mod slot now.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Exxion said:

I have all of those primed mods and haven't bothered fusing any of them to maximum. They really aren't that important.

Accurate. Primed Shred is the best of the bunch and even then I only slot it into maybe half my builds, as required for whatever effect I'm going for. Primed Fury would be next best if Berserker Fury didn't exist.

• Like 2

Ehh. Like I understand where you are coming from, as far as feeling frustrated or discouraged, and I personally wouldn't have a problem if they did implement a change, like next week so all of those Primed Mods were much easier and accessible to new players... however... 

No one needs those mods. There are plenty of alternatives, in many cases superior alternatives. If you see builds that seem to rely on them, they really don't. They are nice to have, but even then mileage may vary. So, I would tell someone new, to not be discouraged by not having them. There is a reason they are more akin to loyalty log in rewards. 

You can also get them faster now and easier than ever. Now, I am not saying that because almost 10 years of other players had to wait months and years to get something, therefore every future person has to. I'm all for improving the game in such ways, and also a decent amount of those people who did wait, many didn't want to, and have made similar arguments and requests... Thats also a lot of people that weren't that discouraged either. 

Like if you are discouraged? You are discouraged, I wouldn't necessary try to invalidate that, but thats also just the kind of game Warframe is. When I was new, and thinking about such rewards being years away? Personally, I figured, if I enjoyed the game enough, maybe I would get them eventually, and that would be nice. If I didn't enjoy the game? Then it wouldn't matter since I wouldn't be around. So I wasn't really discouraged myself. I mean, if anything made me feel discouraged it might have been the Unvaulting of Prime aspects of the game, Warframes and weapons. Until I warmed up to using Trade and realised getting Vaulted Prime parts wasn't actually too expensive (money or time wise). Also that was replaced by a system I think is superior, as far as Aya and faster rotations. 

Basically I would just try and encourage you to not get too hung up on those mods too much. Though also a minor sort of warning, if you find that discouraging? There may be other things in Warframe you might find as or more discouraging. Some weapons can be really hard to get, combinations of time gated and RNG gated. If you are the type of person that is a completionist and likes to have everything and soon and fast... Of course you might not actually care about all that other stuff, but yeah, I hope i made sense. 

Also welcome to the game and the forums! Hope you enjoyed Duviri. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Caelum6613 said:

It’s just really demoralizing seeing a build on YouTube with mods like primed shred, fury, sure footed, or vigor and knowing I won’t be able to have those mods for potentially YEARS. And that’s assuming I login every single day.

I feel like this system really discourages new players from committing to this game. Is there a way this length of time can be shortened or removed? Could they be tied to something different besides times one has logged in?

you don't even understand which of those mods are garbage yet. None of them are mandatory by far.  You are just getting swept up in the FOMO of it all, and probably encouraged to do so by Youtubers who just want epeen points. They aren't going to take you aside day one and hand you every item in the game. I do think there's a point to be made here, but you aren't at the stage where you should be wanting to make that point... yet.

• Like 3

until you get shred, use speed trigger

fury is only used if you're using a melee against a boss (aka never) since berserker (better fury) charges based on kills, if you want the instant speed or are using a light attack build, use quickening instead (also far cheaper to slot anyway with combo count chance to build combo faster)

vigor is useless outside of inaros max hp meme build (also not even his best build there's better ones)

psf is irrelevant nowadays due to most sources of stagger being avoidable and unairu (objectively best endgame focus school (spoiler btw)) simply existing

so basically the only truly important one is shred, which just happens to be the first one you get

Edited by gamingchair1121
edit
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

until you get shred, use speed trigger

fury is only used if you're using a melee against a boss (aka never) since berserker (better fury) charges based on kills, if you want the instant speed or are using a light attack build, use quickening instead (also far cheaper to slot anyway with combo count chance to build combo faster)

vigor is useless outside of inaros max hp meme build (also not even his best build there's better ones)

psf is irrelevant nowadays due to most sources of stagger being avoidable and unairu (objectively best endgame focus school (spoiler btw)) simply existing

so basically the only truly important one is shred, which just happens to be the first one you get

But then you are stuck with a focus school you don't want to use in some cases simply because a player cannot get psf. There is no comparison to psf when it comes to it not interfering with a build. It is an extremely important mod and down playing that will only keep DE from letting others get it. Psf is an incredibly important mod.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

PSF is pure QoL but it's also a crutch. You can learn to evade knockdown, and learning the game is what you should be doing as a newcomer. I can't think of any serious sources of knockdown that counterplay doesn't exist for in some capacity, and that's before factoring in mods. If you need help with counterplay, asking for help is also what you should be doing as a newcomer

If you really cannot live without pure knockdown resistance and 60% isn't good enough for you, then I dunno, give Oberon or Atlas a try

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Pakaku said:

PSF is pure QoL but it's also a crutch. You can learn to evade knockdown, and learning the game is what you should be doing as a newcomer. I can't think of any serious sources of knockdown that counterplay doesn't exist for in some capacity, and that's before factoring in mods. If you need help with counterplay, asking for help is also what you should be doing as a newcomer

If you really cannot live without pure knockdown resistance and 60% isn't good enough for you, then I dunno, give Oberon or Atlas a try

This is absolutely bs. There are so many ways of knockdown and you will not see them all coming. A counter to a game mechanic is not a crutch.  Keep gate keeping psf.

2 hours ago, Qriist said:

This has not been my experience.

Then you must not be playing on steel path.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

This is absolutely bs. There are so many ways of knockdown and you will not see them all coming. A counter to a game mechanic is not a crutch.  Keep gate keeping psf.

The more experience you have with the game, the more you learn what to expect, where to expect it from, how to avoid it if possible, how to deal with it if you happen to get hit, to learn not to hit yourself with your own weapon explosions, etc. Giving players full immunity as soon as the OP is asking is a bad idea, because then players don't learn that aspect of the game. Changing that would make it a crutch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Then you must not be playing on steel path.

I run several frames without Primed Sure Footed. It is not like I never get knocked down, but it never prevents me from completing the objective. It is not a big deal if I die occasionally due to knock down. You can use either knowledge or skill to compensate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Qriist said:

This has not been my experience.

Agreed, I personally think it's a waste of a slot. 

And in regards to the post, I think some kind of fast track system for the rewards would be nice. I've just hit 900 days recently so I'm not really in need of any of the mods or weapons, but I've always felt like there should be some way to fast track the rewards because it just takes so long to get them (at least the weapons and mods). I've played on and off since closed beta but I'm well behind the maximum possible days, I'm still about 100 days from the final reward before it changes to the evergreen rewards, I don't mind taking it slow getting those but it can be a bit of a slog to get through all the unique rewards before then so I'll always be in support of something to make them more accessible to players. 

Edited by NecroPed
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NecroPed said:

Agreed, I personally think it's a waste of a slot. 

And in regards to the post, I think some kind of fast track system for the rewards would be nice. I've just hit 900 days recently so I'm not really in need of any of the mods or weapons, but I've always felt like there should be some way to fast track the rewards because it just takes so long to get them (at least the weapons and mods). I've played on and off since closed beta but I'm well behind the maximum possible days, I'm still about 100 days from the final reward before it changes to the evergreen rewards, I don't mind taking it slow getting those but it can be a bit of a slog to get through all the unique rewards before then so I'll always be in support of something to make them more accessible to players. 

It's not a waste of slot because it goes in the exilus slot. You know the one where you don't have to replace something important in a build.......

24 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

It's not a waste of slot because it goes in the exilus slot. You know the one where you don't have to replace something important in a build.......

Replacing the slotted exilus mod with PSF would harm many of my builds. Meanwhile, I've never really contemplated a need for PSF on most frames. It's just not necessary.

Harrow is the notable exception due to half of his abilities (Penance & Thurible) making him actively vulnerable for some period of time. 

18 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Replacing the slotted exilus mod with PSF would harm many of my builds. Meanwhile, I've never really contemplated a need for PSF on most frames. It's just not necessary.

Harrow is the notable exception due to half of his abilities (Penance & Thurible) making him actively vulnerable for some period of time. 

I feel like I semi-solved the issue with Penance by subsuming Pillage over Harrow's 1, and what I usually end up doing is casting it at full shields before Penance. So it will send out an AoE ring to sap shields/armour, and while it's doing that, I cast Penance to drop shields, and by the time that's done I should have shields back from Pillage (or cast it again to deactivate it for early shields.) On the other hand I never really came up with any ideas for Thurible other than just bullet-jumping around a lot and trying to be evasive

Edited by Pakaku

14 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

I feel like I semi-solved the issue with Penance by subsuming Pillage over Harrow's 1, and what I usually end up doing is casting it at full shields before Penance.

I also have Pillage on Harrow, though my reason wasn't to fix Penance (which it does exceedingly well) but rather to stop my allies from killing would-be Condemn targets before I could get my shields refilled. That tiny bit of travel time is also present in Pillage but the 360-degree coverage generally means SOMETHING gets badtouched even during heavy AOE spam.

As for Thurible, you don't really need to channel it very long. 30-40 per kill is usually where I shut it off because anything more is almost impossible to use effectively anyways. That said, I may go longer between defense waves when there's nothing to do anyways.

Edited by Qriist