Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon Mode Deactivation, Get Rid of It.

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

DE

can we just remove Tap Alt Again to Deactivate Incarnon Mode?

I have Never wanted to intentionally do this

on the other hand, I have lost count of how many times I've Accidentally Wasted Incarnon Mode by trying to Heavy Melee after aim gliding.

I'm pretty sure most people would agree with this?

It's not a useful feature and actually an hinderance.

• Like 2

Nah, I use it all the time.

When I have very few shots in my incarnon and there's a new group of enemies coming along or I'm heading to, I disable it, and then recharge to full in a few shots, then wipe the group without having to go through both animations in the middle of the fight. It has it's uses.

• Like 13

il y a une heure, Stormandreas a dit :

When I have very few shots in my incarnon and there's a new group of enemies coming along or I'm heading to, I disable it, and then recharge to full in a few shots, then wipe the group without having to go through both animations in the middle of the fight. It has it's uses.

This.

The solution is simply to not compusively spam the alt fire button unless you are sure to have your melee out.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

on the other hand, I have lost count of how many times I've Accidentally Wasted Incarnon Mode by trying to Heavy Melee after aim gliding.

Afair you don't loose melee incarnon form with heavy attack

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Heavy and Alt are the same button on ps4 at least. it's contextual base on if you're currently wielding a gun or melee.

so if you lose track of in you're in quick-melee vs gun (IE instinctively aim gliding recently) you can kill incarnon while thinking you were doing a melee heavy.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Hold the swap weapon key to lock yourself in melee before you bother with melee heavies. It's not the end of the world.

that's 2 seconds of standing still holding down a button to swap.

quick melee was introduced to smooth out transitions between gun and sword; your proposal defeats all that.

?not the end of the world? no, but at that rate I might as well not even bother using a melee and just stay with a gun.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

So what you're saying is:

see group spawn in next room, uhoh, only 3 shots left.

dump incarnon, backtrack down a hallway, find a lone grineer

recharge off that one guy

return to big group to wipe them all in incarnon mode

?you really do all that trouble, just to avoid having to do a Reload pause mid fight?

are they Really that much of a threat that you need to do that?

Pretty sure by the time you manage to do that, Public Squad has already cleared that spawn for you.

The situation just doesn't come up.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

Not what he’s on about, sometimes when you heavy attack in the air and land it for some reason will pull out your primary and can knock you out of incarnon mode, i’ve experienced this a few times on ps5 with ceramic dagger and boar prime.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Heavy and Alt are the same button on ps4 at least. it's contextual base on if you're currently wielding a gun or melee.

so if you lose track of in you're in quick-melee vs gun (IE instinctively aim gliding recently) you can kill incarnon while thinking you were doing a melee heavy.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Not what he’s on about, sometimes when you heavy attack in the air and land it for some reason will pull out your primary and can knock you out of incarnon mode, i’ve experienced this a few times on ps5 with ceramic dagger and boar prime.

I see, console issues. I was not aware of it (or I've forgotten about it). Then INSTEAD OF:

6 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

can we just remove Tap Alt Again to Deactivate Incarnon Mode?

can we just remove gun charge reset for incarnon and made it instant? So, let's say you are in Incarnon form at 50% ammo. You go to Base form and go to Incarnon form again. You are still at 50% ammo. All of those takes very small amount of time. Not perfect but for person like Stormandreas it won't remove such function. You still can go/exit forms but going back is almost instant so it's not big problem, I guess.

.... but I doubt it will happen as we have to look at this nice animation. *chuckle*

31 minutes ago, quxier said:

.... but I doubt it will happen as we have to look at this nice animation. *chuckle*

Well that, and the reload animations are one of the things that are a slight drawback to many of these weapons' potential for absurd damage output.  Personally I find it rewarding that reload speed modifiers can be so impactful for Incarnon.

Though  one semi-related thing I do want fixed is the transition from Incarnon to regular mode getting interrupted.  (If it hasn't been fixed already.)

23 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

Well that, and the reload animations are one of the things that are a slight drawback to many of these weapons' potential for absurd damage output.  Personally I find it rewarding that reload speed modifiers can be so impactful for Incarnon.

For me it's just fancy way to show work of some people. As for guns, it's not like you can almost immediately recharge it and change into incarnon form. It's not drawback or some kind of "pro & cons" situations. It's just annoying.

25 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Though  one semi-related thing I do want fixed is the transition from Incarnon to regular mode getting interrupted.  (If it hasn't been fixed already.)

It's still there, at least Fellarx has it.

11 minutes ago, quxier said:

For me it's just fancy way to show work of some people. As for guns, it's not like you can almost immediately recharge it and change into incarnon form. It's not drawback or some kind of "pro & cons" situations. It's just annoying.

It's still there, at least Fellarx has it.

11 minutes ago, quxier said:

still there, at least Fellarx has it.

Yep all incarnons including melee can be interrupted during transition frames.

• Like 1

Or just have it not deplete the remaining charges when we deactivate incarnon mode. It'd be nice be able to use both modes of a dual-fire gun fluidly in combat, and not just dictate one mode be exclusively for...

"what is my purpose?"

"you build incarnon charges"

"oh my God"

• Like 5

Just now, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Yep all incarnons including melee can be interrupted during transition frames.

It's not the fact they get interrupted that bothers me, particularly going from conventional to Incarnon.  It's that I can end up in a loop where I'm trying to shoot from an empty Incarnon mode weapon.   If they get interrupted it should automatically transition to conventional mode when the reload duration would have finished.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's not the fact they get interrupted that bothers me, particularly going from conventional to Incarnon.  It's that I can end up in a loop where I'm trying to shoot from an empty Incarnon mode weapon.   If they get interrupted it should automatically transition to conventional mode when the reload duration would have finished.

Oh ye, I totally agree with you it wastes precious time.

Early deactivation is necessary as mentioned by others, but players can be in a bad spot with no a spare second to read if the weapon has been transformed and accidently deactivate incarnon. So my idea of work around is use an extra trigger key that require hold down combine with Alt to deactivate. An deactivation safety lock as an option to enable or disable for those who want or don't want.

Since I'm on PC keyboard, the L-ALT key seem appealing position to use with the middle mouse for deactivations.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-12 at 4:13 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

So what you're saying is:

see group spawn in next room, uhoh, only 3 shots left.

dump incarnon, backtrack down a hallway, find a lone grineer

recharge off that one guy

return to big group to wipe them all in incarnon mode

?you really do all that trouble, just to avoid having to do a Reload pause mid fight?

are they Really that much of a threat that you need to do that?

Pretty sure by the time you manage to do that, Public Squad has already cleared that spawn for you.

The situation just doesn't come up.

No. I'm saying:

See groiup spawn in the next room with only 3 shots left

Dump incarnon pre-emptively

Go INTO THE GROUP, charge incarnon

kill group with incarnon.

This way, I don't go through both transformation animations WHILE FIGHITING the enemies, only 1.

This situation, comes up a LOT (as I don't play in public as often what I'm doing, I can do perfectly fine solo, and infact, faster, solo)

• Like 2

Since we use altfire for ranged weapons to go into Incarnon mode, which is the same button as melee heavy attack, it's definitely very easy to accidentally turn off Incarnon mode.

But...

What if going into Incarnon mode instead had 2 button-options, and we could enable/disable each option in the options menu:

Button 1 - Altfire, like now.

Button 2 - Hold the reload button for 0,5 seconds.

This would not only make it less button-intrusive, it would also potentially allow for weapons which already have altfires to get Incarnon adapters!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

Since we use altfire for ranged weapons to go into Incarnon mode, which is the same button as melee heavy attack, it's definitely very easy to accidentally turn off Incarnon mode.

But...

What if going into Incarnon mode instead had 2 button-options, and we could enable/disable each option in the options menu:

Button 1 - Altfire, like now.

Button 2 - Hold the reload button for 0,5 seconds.

This would not only make it less button-intrusive, it would also potentially allow for weapons which already have altfires to get Incarnon adapters!

I think something like hold aim+reload would be pretty intuitive and unintrusive.
That's not a combination of buttons you hold together in any situation. They're both gun related buttons and it just kinda makes sense in my head. Focus on gun+hold reload to transform weapon. It just makes sense. And tactical combos for mele also uses hold aim and press another button, so it's not out of place in the control scheme of the game.

I'd say holding reload on it's own would work great if not for reload and interact being mapped to the same button on controller, with no real convenient way to separate them without taking up some much needed button realestate. Which would make is so attempting to revive someone would almost always cancel your incarnon because revive always bugs out.

But yeah it being alt fire is really frustrating. And it's not only that you might tap it on instinct and ruin your charge. It's that on controller it's not difficult to accidentally press the stick in in an intense situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PollexMessier said:

But yeah it being alt fire is really frustrating. And it's not only that you might tap it on instinct and ruin your charge. It's that on controller it's not difficult to accidentally press the stick in in an intense situation.

Thanks for acknowledging that

seems like even DE tends to be PC-centric when it comes to gameplay and controls design.

• Like 1