Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boreal is still the worst Archon fight

-Krism-

After wanting to try some Archon hunts after not doing them for like a full year, why is he still the worst one? I can deal with the birds with the Stropha, but his mechanics just aren't fun

The way the vortex always manages to lock me into a corner & getting stuck unable to move, even bullet jumping or void dashing with the Operator doesn't work, my frame is still stuck in the terrain, with the camera freaking out inside it, rendering me completely blind

The pyramid that half the times manages to have one of its points stuck in a wall or the ceiling, making it unable to be destroyed

How he manages to use all of his abilities at once, here for example, he used the bubble that somehow instantly pushed me on the other side of the room, or maybe that was something else, & the birds inside it, while I'm unable to approach otherwise the birds blow me out of the bubble again:

Spoiler

fuckyou.png

Do any of you also have problems with him or am I the only one struggling? I managed to beat him after an eternity, but do you have any tips for next time?

I'm just so #*!%ing tired of this fight being 90% having to deal with his bullS#&$ invulnerability phases that he seems to spam one after the other

• Like 1

To be honest, Boreal is the one that bothers me the less : Amar is very annoying with his multi-clone jutsu (has he watched too much Naruto as a child and want to do the same ???). Nira is very annoying with her invisibility and healing. Boreal biggest problem, to me, is the Aerolyst summon; but I have no problems with the other phases : they are not really fun, but at least they are not as bad as Nira's and Amar's ones.

But I totally agree that using abilities with very short delay is the Archons most annoying problem.

• Like 6

The worst part for me is the summons. The fact that you have to hit a certain spot that takes up too much ammo is exhausting. Especially when they’re arms block more than half the shots. I solved it with Stropha, which made everything else a breeze. May I ask what weapons you’re using? I recommend Phenmor. A small AOE secondary to destroy the pyramid helps too. If you have Loki, he makes everything a breeze (based on distant observation). 

1 minute ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Amar is very annoying with his multi-clone jutsu

Codex scanners highlight the actual one

1 minute ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Nira is very annoying with her invisibility and healing

I agree her healing sucks 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

To be honest, Boreal is the one that bothers me the less : Amar is very annoying with his multi-clone jutsu (has he watched too much Naruto as a child and want to do the same ???). Nira is very annoying with her invisibility and healing. Boreal biggest problem, to me, is the Aerolyst summon; but I have no problems with the other phases : they are not really fun, but at least they are not as bad as Nira's and Amar's ones.

But I totally agree that using abilities with very short delay is the Archons most annoying problem.

18 minutes ago, Malikili said:

The worst part for me is the summons. The fact that you have to hit a certain spot that takes up too much ammo is exhausting. Especially when they’re arms block more than half the shots. I solved it with Stropha, which made everything else a breeze. May I ask what weapons you’re using? I recommend Phenmor. A small AOE secondary to destroy the pyramid helps too. If you have Loki, he makes everything a breeze (based on distant observation). 

You don't need anything for Amar, the real one has weapons in his hands & his whole body is glowing red

Nira doesn't heal much, when she does, just do a slam attack, it will most likely break her guard in a single attack

But Boreal has all of his mechanics being extremely annoying & even kinda bugged, as I described, & all of them render him invincible

As for my weapons, I already said I had the Stropha for the birds, which one-shots their canisters, & as shown in the picture, the Incarnon Toxocyst, still building it

23 minutes ago, Malikili said:

The simple solution to Boreal and the summons is to bring the great eraser god Furis Incarnon with Winds of Purity. It melts Boreal and you dont need to aim for canisters versus the summons, plus they cant kill you since you constantly heal several times more than they can ever deal in damage to you. Or if you play someone like Revenant just add more damage to the Furis and skip WoP.

4 minutes ago, schilds said:

Only the real one shows up on enemy radar.

Oh thank you for that gem of knowledge. I guess you cant grow too old to learn things!

/Cheers 

Edited by SneakyErvin

10 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

As for my weapons, I already said I had the Stropha for the birds, which one-shots their canisters, & as shown in the picture, the Incarnon Toxocyst, still building it

Then it’s simply a matter of not getting hit, or being tanky enough to get hit.

Invis frame if you don’t have a reliable tank frame is ideal 

1 minute ago, Malikili said:

Then it’s simply a matter of not getting hit, or being tanky enough to get hit.

Invis frame if you don’t have a reliable tank frame is ideal 

You didn't read my post

My problem is him using his invincibility abilities every 3 seconds, even multiple at the same time, them getting bugged through walls, & me getting stuck in the terrain because of his vortex

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

You didn't read my post

My problem is him using his invincibility abilities every 3 seconds, even multiple at the same time, them getting bugged through walls, & me getting stuck in the terrain because of his vortex

I read the post, and I was referring to this

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

The way the vortex always manages to lock me into a corner & getting stuck unable to move, even bullet jumping or void dashing with the Operator doesn't work, my frame is still stuck in the terrain, with the camera freaking out inside it, rendering me completely blind

Invis frame will make sure the vortex never targets you. The tank frame is optional depending on if you die when getting locked in place. I also previously responded saying an AOE secondary is ideal for those glitch in terrain pyramids. I also recommended Phenmor because of the strong, fast consistent damage that can stop Boreal from spamming too much. 
I did read the post, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. The spamming invulnerability is the only thing you can’t control but you can regulate by, as stated above, using something that can quickly deal with Boreal. 

Personally, Boreal is the one I dislike fighting because his encounter seems so drawn out.  Interestingly, though, for me the issue isn't his moves (which have never had bugs for me) but rather that killing a flock of Aerolysts always feels like it takes forever; whenever he spawns a new group of them, my heart sinks.  In other Archon add phases the adds melt at a swift rate, but Aerolysts outstay their welcome.  I blast away at their tummy jars with my 4-forma Catchmoon well past the point at which other enemies would have died 5 times over, and it genuinely feels like luck as to whether my projectile will have actually connected with their targets so that I can finally kill these pests.

There may indeed be other issues with the fight, but I'd never notice them because the Aerolysts are such a monolithic annoyance for me.

6 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Invis frame will make sure the vortex never targets you. The tank frame is optional depending on if you die when getting locked in place. I also previously responded saying an AOE secondary is ideal for those glitch in terrain pyramids. I also recommended Phenmor because of the strong, fast consistent damage that can stop Boreal from spamming too much.

I don't die since I use Mesmer Skin

I'll try next time, with either Loki & Ivara

8 minutes ago, Malikili said:

I did read the post, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. The spamming invulnerability is the only thing you can’t control but you can regulate by, as stated above, using something that can quickly deal with Boreal. 

My I.Toxocyst deals plenty of damage, even if not fully built yet, sometimes he just decides to get invincible when I just entered the room, like dude, chill for a sec, I'm not even close to you :/

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Personally, Boreal is the one I dislike fighting because his encounter seems so drawn out.  Interestingly, though, for me the issue isn't his moves (which have never had bugs for me) but rather that killing a flock of Aerolysts always feels like it takes forever; whenever he spawns a new group of them, my heart sinks.  In other Archon add phases the adds melt at a swift rate, but Aerolysts outstay their welcome.  I blast away at their tummy jars with my 4-forma Catchmoon well past the point at which other enemies would have died 5 times over, and it genuinely feels like luck as to whether my projectile will have actually connected with their targets so that I can finally kill these pests.

There may indeed be other issues with the fight, but I'd never notice them because the Aerolysts are such a monolithic annoyance for me.

Stropha has infinite enemy punch-through, I suggest you at least try it once; aim right at center mass, & heavy attack (With a radiation, heavy attack build of course)

1 minute ago, Famecans said:

try again, write that the boss is bugging spheres inside the wall.

Reeeeeee

2 minutes ago, Famecans said:

everyone is talking about damage and ways to kill

And yea, that’s really the only solution to the spamming invulnerability phases. You have to kill fast to mitigate the spam. Which is why I recommended Phenmor. 

1 hour ago, Malikili said:

A small AOE secondary to destroy the pyramid helps too.

AOE secondary to bypass the walls. I use it for those terrible times it clips.
Dang it people, read and connect responses to a post

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Krism- said:

Stropha has infinite enemy punch-through, I suggest you at least try it once; aim right at center mass, & heavy attack (With a radiation, heavy attack build of course)

Radiation? I’ll try that, thanks

Nira also spawns clouds on the actual frame when she spots them. Doesn’t matter where she is, it’s quite annoying. 

1 minute ago, -Krism- said:

My I.Toxocyst deals plenty of damage, even if not fully built yet, sometimes he just decides to get invincible when I just entered the room, like dude, chill for a sec, I'm not even close to you :/

15 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

Sadly, as a controller player with arthritis, gunblades feel terrible to use, since I need the same thumb to both aim and fire.  Though maybe I'll give the Fluctus a try XD

16 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Reeeeeee

And yea, that’s really the only solution to the spamming invulnerability phases. You have to kill fast to mitigate the spam. Which is why I recommended Phenmor. 

AOE secondary to bypass the walls. I use it for those terrible times it clips.
Dang it people, read and connect responses to a post

pRyzqyN.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Krism- said:

he used the bubble that somehow instantly pushed me on the other side of the room

Bullet Jumping towards him and shooting him from inside of the bubble ends it. Only ability that would slow down the run is when he use the Triangle one but that's very rare to see outside of Solo Runs. Not that much worse than Amar tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Felarx's Incarnon deals with the Canisters (no matter if you're in a team or solo) with it's Infinite PunchThrough.

24 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Bullet Jumping towards him and shooting him from inside of the bubble ends it. Only ability that would slow down the run is when he use the Triangle one but that's very rare to see outside of Solo Runs. Not that much worse than Amar tbh.

No, the bubble pushes me back if I don't touch the ground, bullet jumping towards it just sends me backwards

The pyramid does not slow you down

Boreal spawning in awkward locations is indeed the worst part for me.

He often goes to the top of the building (the one you defend the injector in sabotage missions) and just stays there.

Sometimes a bullet jump will put you oob and sometimes random eximus bursts (that you can not see) will push you off.

Or he will spawn under the bridge / walkway and be stuck and difficult to target for a while.

The rest of it is ok. But someone please fix the positioning.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:

To this day, I'm still baffled that people haven't figured this out yet

Because it's a boss fight, natural instinct has the player focused on the enemy and doesn't consider there any reason to bother looking at the minimap. Even knowing that trick with Amar, I still never remember to check the minimap (not that that's needed anymore, with the new enemy highlight only appearing on the real Amar).

• Like 1