Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why sell the Dog Days Ephemera, just to take it away later?

RyllusPurple

12 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

I've heard it's because it "breaks immersion". Okay, but there are seasonal ephemeras like last year's Naberus but maybe those costed a lot of tokens, so... 

Did they remove the fish and bubbles ephemera too? 

Neither the fish ephemera or the bats ephemera are taken away.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

I've heard it's because it "breaks immersion".

Which we all know by now its BS.

I have a Grineer Squirt gun skin for my Rifles, im immersing my enemies in bullets and making them all wet with it.

13 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

And with next update we are getting a Fish shoulder armor with Sevagoth`s Deluxe.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Darn. Never got the fish because I thought they'll take it away after the season ends. Hopefully the fish ephemera is in next year's dog days. I'd put it on Yareli. 

Yeah I still have the Spinneret and the bat ephemera. 

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Darn. Never got the fish because I thought they'll take it away after the season ends. Hopefully the fish ephemera is in next year's dog days. I'd put it on Yareli. 

you can tell when it's temporary because it will cost like 1 of whatever tokens the event uses.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stafelund said:

I've heard it's because it "breaks immersion".

It's unlikely that it actually has anything to do with immersion.  Perhaps there was a time long ago when that was the reason, but that ship has long since sailed in Warframe.

My best hypothesis is that it's just about keeping certain items associated with their respective events.  If moustaches can be used outside of Movember, then they just become normal moustaches instead of Movember Moustaches.  Etc.

• Like 5

IMo there's two reasons DE should just let temporary cosmetics become permanent:

1. people are sick of hearing/arguing about it.

2. the "muh immershun" argument never held water before, but now that we're getting the fish armor thing with Sevagoth Deluxe, it's pretty clear that DE are totally fine with goofy, un-serious cosmetics, in which case they should let the Dog Days inflatables, Lepus Headgear, Dullahan Mask and Movember Moustaches be permanent: it wouldn't do any harm to the game and not everybody will be using them off-season anyway.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

I don't understand why can't we keep the pumpkin like all other halloween cosmetics we buy with plat ? it's really unfair 

You don't buy them with plat. You buy them with a single credit. That's effectively for free.

If the floatie, pumpkin, and mustaches didn't go away, then people wouldn't be excited when they return.

Christmas gets less special because we endure it for 2 months now. "Black Friday" sales are ho hum because they show up all throughout November and even random other times in the year. People that like pumpkin spice stuff wouldn't be as excited if it was all year. Summer break from school is awesome as a kid because you look forward to it.

And so on.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

you can tell when it's temporary because it will cost like 1 of whatever tokens the event uses.

That helps distinguish things when it comes to these events then, so I'll know what cosmetics ill bother to buy. Thanks 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stafelund said:

I use the Soaker Ephemera all the time on Yareli. It's just perfect for her

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

You don't buy them with plat. You buy them with a single credit. That's effectively for free.

If the floatie, pumpkin, and mustaches didn't go away, then people wouldn't be excited when they return.

Christmas gets less special because we endure it for 2 months now. "Black Friday" sales are ho hum because they show up all throughout November and even random other times in the year. People that like pumpkin spice stuff wouldn't be as excited if it was all year. Summer break from school is awesome as a kid because you look forward to it.

And so on.

i'd be very much okay with a version that costs 100% plat and i get to keep it forever

They really just need to let us keep all seasonal cosmetics.

The "immersion" excuse is bs that's be left to ferment in a septic take for months in 100F° weather.

Just let us buy that damn things for plat for permanent use. Cause i never use them cause they go away, what's the point? I could find fashion frame that could go well with the rabbit ears but i can only do that for 2 week peroid once a year, that's BS.

Either stop giving us these cosmetics that we can't use or  just let us keep them. Immersion is a BS excuse like veterans feeling be hurt if hema cost was lowered. It's a shield made of cardboard that not enough people are willing to break.

17 hours ago, RyllusPurple said:

I finally find an ephemera that can actually be seen, and it vanishes from my inventory. I should have known better. It's too much to let me keep the one ephemera that I want to wear.

Sounds fishy

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

They really just need to let us keep all seasonal cosmetics.

The "immersion" excuse is bs that's be left to ferment in a septic take for months in 100F° weather.

Just let us buy that damn things for plat for permanent use. Cause i never use them cause they go away, what's the point? I could find fashion frame that could go well with the rabbit ears but i can only do that for 2 week peroid once a year, that's BS.

Either stop giving us these cosmetics that we can't use or  just let us keep them. Immersion is a BS excuse like veterans feeling be hurt if hema cost was lowered. It's a shield made of cardboard that not enough people are willing to break.

If they add a toggle so we dont have to see the silly holiday ephemeras then sure. If not, no thanks. I dislike them overall to the point where I dont use them myself, but I can live with others running around with them during the holidays since well it is the #*!%ing holidays. But like irl, holidays can end up staying past their welcome and need to get dragged out back and shot eventually.

• Like 2