The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction mods!

TomanPRlME

Can D.E remove faction mods? We have many factions in game now, i feel uncomforable when i must fix my weapons when i change game modes. I know it only take a little time but thats make me feel no fun.
Sorry i am not good at speaking English. How do u think about my opinion?

• Like 1

vor 10 Minuten schrieb T3ddyN0lif3:

Can D.E remove faction mods? We have many factions in game now, i feel uncomforable when i must fix my weapons when i change game modes. I know it only take a little time but thats make me feel no fun.

i never use them anyway. or if i open relics why the hell should i use them? or where is this damage boost even needed? this mods are good for some trash weapons maybe

What about adding a similar mod that work for every faction I wonder? Because I don't see any reason why we need faction specific bane mods for balance purposes, it will be cheaper to upgrade because we only need one instead of three, but just make them more expensive.

As of right now we can get the same effect if we swap them out, but they're just a hassle to swap out.

• Like 1

Those mods use a system similar to vulnerability damage procs, i think(?). 
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Vulnerability

The damage is noticeable but it is not a big deal, with burst weapons they work well. I only use it on specific weapons (weapons that only work well against one faction), but in general I don't use them. This mods work similar to viral proc on clone flesh targets or magnetic proc on shields. 

In the end it's just a damage amplification.

1 hour ago, T3ddyN0lif3 said:

I think we should add more for the new upcoming factions

1 hour ago, Illegal_Squirell said:

What about adding a similar mod that work for every faction I wonder?

I get people will ignore  Serration, Heavy Caliber, Magnum Force, Vicious Spread, Point Blank, and other damage mods that already exist for being additive instead of multiplicative, but why ask for new mods when a simpler way would be for those mods to be rebalanced?

I don't bother with them personally. even if I'm not running Viral & heat, I know which elements work best against each faction, it's all in the codex. I'd also rather get more Status chance, crit or whatever out of that mod slot instead. I also don't want the inconvenience of having to make a config for each faction and remember to switch between them between missions, especially if I'm fighting different factions each time..

so yeah, I get where OP is coming from, but I doubt they'll ever get removed or reworked any time soon.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Don't use them if you're having trouble. 

Or simply recheck your builds before starting a mission. 

You're not the only person that plays the game.

Friend, i know that is not only me in game, but if D.E fix, all we will have better game. I did not use faction mods all time, thats why i can not try level cap 9999. A invisible wall in game, no fun.

5 hours ago, Alguien said:

I get people will ignore  Serration, Heavy Caliber, Magnum Force, Vicious Spread, Point Blank, and other damage mods that already exist for being additive instead of multiplicative, but why ask for new mods when a simpler way would be for those mods to be rebalanced?

We are talking about faction mods, aren't we? I'm just saying, having separate bane mods for each factions serve no purpose except for being annoying to swap out, unless I'm missing something.

6 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

where is this damage boost even needed?

Faction damage applies twice to DOT (damage over time), so those mods are often more powerful than any other mods when your weapon relies on DOT of any type: slash, toxin, electricity, heat, gas. They also synergise with Toxic Lash (triple effect) and Acid Shells. That means you may only need them in high levels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

i think they should just make a universal bane mod for each weapon type and remove the rest

no need to keep switching for grineer/corpus/corrupted, but still keeps the x1 slot cost

We already have that, and it's called Roar. A universal separate damage multiplier from base damage in the form of a mod is unnecessary. There has to be some inconvenience and setup to properly apply all these multipliers. Removing all that just waters down builds even more than they are already.

• Like 4

vor 2 Stunden schrieb VibingCat:

Faction damage applies twice to DOT (damage over time), so those mods are often more powerful than any other mods when your weapon relies on DOT of any type: slash, toxin, electricity, heat, gas. They also synergise with Toxic Lash (triple effect) and Acid Shells. That means you may only need them in high levels.

I know that information too. I mean, what content is it about?

vor 23 Minuten schrieb VibingCat:

Steel Path survival and disruption, cascade, circuit, long arbitrations, level caps.

It's easy to do without it. I always played there without these mods and had more than 50% dmg most of the time.
You can actually ignore disrupt because it's much easier in surv. but for disrupt you can just bring cc and good status mix. then the mobs will be killed very quickly.
and for surv you can just take something like harrow with his own secondary. red headshot crits, puncture, tons of faster fire buffs + unlimited ammo -> and elite units can put on diapers. Rest will be killed quickly with aoe weapons/skills. But I don't play for more than an hour because the rewards are always the same.

and arbi is also very easy without it. And I wouldn't play there for more than an hour. host migration error or too many deaths and goodbye rewards.

13 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

It's easy to do without it. I always played there without these mods and had more than 50% dmg most of the time.
You can actually ignore disrupt because it's much easier in surv. but for disrupt you can just bring cc and good status mix. then the mobs will be killed very quickly.
and for surv you can just take something like harrow with his own secondary. red headshot crits, puncture, tons of faster fire buffs + unlimited ammo -> and elite units can put on diapers. Rest will be killed quickly with aoe weapons/skills. But I don't play for more than an hour because the rewards are always the same.

and arbi is also very easy without it. And I wouldn't play there for more than an hour. host migration error or too many deaths and goodbye rewards.

Yep, you don't need them at low levels, so don't worry :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Voltage said:

We already have that, and it's called Roar. A universal separate damage multiplier from base damage in the form of a mod is unnecessary. There has to be some inconvenience and setup to properly apply all these multipliers. Removing all that just waters down builds even more than they are already.

i disagree.

I am aware roar is just bane mod but ability, but having a universal bane mod isn't much different from swapping bane of Grineer to corpus, etc etc, but keeps things simpler.

there is nothing wrong with that. you still have to sacrifice a mod slot for it.

keep the 1.3x multiplier (1.55x for primed), just make it hit all factions. then get rid of all the faction banes.

the point is to just make it less tedious for people already running Bane builds.

Edited by Skoomaseller

At something like 650K+ endo and 30M+ credits for 16 different primed faction mods the reason these mods exist is obvious. 

We're more likely to get primed narmer/sentient faction mods before DE removes all faction mods from the game. 8 more basic primed mods gets us 4 months of time gated fomo filled Baro rotations and a little bit of grinding while DE has to put in very little thought or effort to keep us busy. 

• Like 1

Dislike the faction mods myself. They're uninteresting to use (Just raw damage up) and a chore to change out for each mission type. They provide a high benefit but it honestly feels like a crutch I'd only pull out if I were struggling to deal enough damage for some reason. 

Reasoning being that pure damage ramping via mods is necessary up to the point where you can reliably kill enemies in the level range you're going to be playing at. Since I'm not level-capping SP and usually just playing in the normal ranges, I can forgo them for QoL and usually actually get better performance from that by taking advantage of punch through or faster reloads, etc. If your average eximus bombard dies at 2m damage I don't need to be dealing 3.5m

Ditching faction mods and just baking the damage they provide into weapons would probably be nice (scaling with their ranking, perhaps). I'd probably support doing that for base damage mods like serration too.