Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus Rollers: opinions?

WarZerg

Am I the only one who despises eximus rollers? Other eximus units? fun, a reasonable challenge that breaks up the slaughter with a minor scuffle. Regular rollers? A reasonable stop gap to prevent people from just standing still blasting at any enemy they see. But combined? Dear lord. I struggle less in fights against stalker's buddy's than most eximus rollers on steel path. I've had to go back and erase most of this post because it kept turning into a rant. Am I the only one who hates the little buggers, or is there some kind of secret that I don't know about making them manageable? (I don't care about the fact they knock you around, it's more the fact they seem tankier than literally any other unit. Having to just ignore eximus effects because the harasser feels basically immortal isn't fun.)

I find they’re a lot crunchier than any other Eximus due to lack of a weakpoint like a head (the MOAs can be crunchy but have the battery pack on the back).

It’s not such a huge problem when I can shift focus to and from them as the scenario plays out (long as I avoid their effects), but they definitely stand out as feeling a lot tankier, as if I was only landing bodyshots on any other Eximus

• Like 1

vor 59 Minuten schrieb WarZerg:

Am I the only one who despises eximus rollers? Other eximus units? fun, a reasonable challenge that breaks up the slaughter with a minor scuffle. Regular rollers? A reasonable stop gap to prevent people from just standing still blasting at any enemy they see. But combined? Dear lord. I struggle less in fights against stalker's buddy's than most eximus rollers on steel path. I've had to go back and erase most of this post because it kept turning into a rant. Am I the only one who hates the little buggers, or is there some kind of secret that I don't know about making them manageable? (I don't care about the fact they knock you around, it's more the fact they seem tankier than literally any other unit. Having to just ignore eximus effects because the harasser feels basically immortal isn't fun.)

The question is whether they have any reasonable use at all.
Because when I spawn my Railjack crew member, I know that a lot of enemies will be on the ground in the next few minutes.

but here? This wasn't thought through to the end. and we can buy relic packs instead

I don't like them... except, in the weird sort of way, where I like, that I don't like them. If that makes sense. They are my enemy, some are suppose to be annoying and test me in various ways. I feel similar to Nullifiers, and the Infested Osprey's that do the toxin cloud thing, that use to kill my glass cannons before I prioritised them and or learned to switch to Operator.

Though, to be clear, I understand why some people may lean on the disliking them, in every sense of the idea. 

There is one big change, I think they should get though... A lot of Eximus we can Mercy Kill... Eximus Rollers shouldn't be an exception, after doing some damage to them, we should get the option for a Mercy Kill thats literally just punting them like a football/soccer ball. Think how satisfying it would be, to see our Warframe just kick the ^&%^ out of them and watch them disintegrate. They could even play the Lunaro goal sound effect too. That way, they lean into how annoying they are, but give you satisfaction as well, because who doesn't enjoy a good punt?

• Like 2

They're very harmless to the point of just being very boring. The procs are harmless, they don't really fight in interesting ways, they don't even give you anything interesting to shoot at like a weakpoint. Maybe they'd have more potential if they were replaced with the Kela gunner rollers.

Cutest eximus!  I adore them, except when they roll over my toes.  Ouch!

4 hours ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

ugh. I noticed a while back, when using Banshee's Sonar, their weak point seems always on the bottom -- as in, exactly where they contact the ground when they're rolling

That's just a visual glitch.  I think one Sonar cast covers the whole Roller.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I find they’re a lot crunchier than any other Eximus due to lack of a weakpoint like a head (the MOAs can be crunchy but have the battery pack on the back).

It’s not such a huge problem when I can shift focus to and from them as the scenario plays out (long as I avoid their effects), but they definitely stand out as feeling a lot tankier, as if I was only landing bodyshots on any other Eximus

“Crunchier” 💀

Great now I’m thinking of those sour lemon balls instead of rollers 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I don't like them... except, in the weird sort of way, where I like, that I don't like them. If that makes sense. They are my enemy, some are suppose to be annoying and test me in various ways. I feel similar to Nullifiers, and the Infested Osprey's that do the toxin cloud thing, that use to kill my glass cannons before I prioritised them and or learned to switch to Operator.

Though, to be clear, I understand why some people may lean on the disliking them, in every sense of the idea. 

There is one big change, I think they should get though... A lot of Eximus we can Mercy Kill... Eximus Rollers shouldn't be an exception, after doing some damage to them, we should get the option for a Mercy Kill thats literally just punting them like a football/soccer ball. Think how satisfying it would be, to see our Warframe just kick the ^&%^ out of them and watch them disintegrate. They could even play the Lunaro goal sound effect too. That way, they lean into how annoying they are, but give you satisfaction as well, because who doesn't enjoy a good punt?

roller mercy should just be a powerful football kick messi-style, followed by fanfare 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

The question is whether they have any reasonable use at all.
Because when I spawn my Railjack crew member, I know that a lot of enemies will be on the ground in the next few minutes.

but here? This wasn't thought through to the end. and we can buy relic packs instead

Please reread the OP.

3 hours ago, Malikili said:

“Crunchier” 💀

Great now I’m thinking of those sour lemon balls instead of rollers 

Haha. They can sour the fight when it’s like “Agh, I need this crunchy thing dead yesterday but it’s still rolling around spitting Eximus effects and bumping into me”

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

On 2023-11-27 at 8:49 AM, WarZerg said:

Am I the only one who despises eximus rollers?

*flashbacks of Steel Med's death squads in a Steel Path mission hounding me 3 runs in a row (yes, this happened, no I was not running Atlas or PSF)

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

they aren't totally insurmountable or anything, but I'd literally rather their death squad be Bombards or Napalm Eximus units, at least those have weakpoints. 

On 2023-11-27 at 4:18 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Eximus Rollers shouldn't be an exception, after doing some damage to them, we should get the option for a Mercy Kill thats literally just punting them like a football/soccer ball. Think how satisfying it would be, to see our Warframe just kick the ^&%^ out of them and watch them disintegrate

I literally laughed out loud hahaa.

• Like 1