Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whispers in the Walls launch date speculation

BowserNC

I hope DE won't launch the update then say adios and just go into their winter break. I don't want to see anything like the New War/Empyrean launch ever happen again. If you don't know what I mean, they released the update then went into holyday vacation, meanwhile the quests were completely broken. If they are gonna launch WITW like they did to Empyrean update (during the Game Awards), I hope we will get a couple of days for hotfixes, and little to no bugs (impossible).

So with all that being said what do you guys think? Are they gonna release it on December 7th during Game Awards or at a later date?

It is coming Dec 13th. 

Edited by BowserNC
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

They could do what they did with Emperyan: Launch it at the Game Awards.Dec 7th could be the date. Sevagoth is the offical drop for the stream, so with that in mind they could launch it during TGA.

That'll be my guess.

Yep, my guess too. Also I want to mention that Reb said something during the devstream that can or cannot be a potential spoiler when the update will launch, that being during TGA.

Edited by BowserNC
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BowserNC said:

Yep, my guess too. Also I want to mention that Reb said something during the devstream that can or cannot be a potential spoiler when the update will launch, that being during TGA.

I mean thats also where I'm getting my guess from. But the fact that Warframe is the official drop for the whole event is a big indicator as well.

It's not the first time they've released a major update live on this stage and this is a very important, likely the most important update in Warframes history.

Doing it live with everyone's eyes on them like potentially new, returning players and also peers in the industry makes a ton of sense.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim
  • Like 2

I'm hoping for the 8th.  The end of the day on the 7th is asking for trouble from a player support standpoint, and doesn't seem ideal from a hype perspective either.   They've got to still have some lingering trauma from the Empyrean release, haven't they?

If it weren't for the maybe-hints that were dropped, I'd think the 14th was most likely.  A few days of hotfixes, and then they basically shut down until early January.

edit: oops, I was looking at the wrong calendar month.   The 8th is a Friday.  Not impossible they'd release that day, but not likely.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

They could do what they did with Emperyan: Launch it at the Game Awards.Dec 7th could be the date. Sevagoth is the offical drop for the stream, so with that in mind they could launch it during TGA.

given how Empyrean's launch went, I really, REALLY hope you're wrong.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

They've got to still have some lingering trauma from the Empyrean release, haven't they?

I know I still do, whenever I'm in the Railjack, in the back of my mind, I think back to the days of those god-awful gamebreaking glitches... I think that's why most others tend to avoid railjack still, even though it's perfectly stable now, more or less. (at least, I don't think it's any buggier than the rest of the game).

no, I think a more likely outcome would be around the 15th; it'll be one of the last days DE is in the Office, so I hope and pray they are working as hard as they can to make sure the update is as stable as it can be before they start downing the eggnog. I know it won't be perfect, updates never are at launch, but if we can just get the new modes working, that should be enough until they come back in the new year and start fixing stuff.

honestly, it's almost nerve-wracking to have an update so close to the holidays again, knowing what COULD happen..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SoyNegativo said:

I just cant wait longer 

Shortly after this post was made, SoyNegativo spontaneously combusted.  They are survived by a keyboard and monitor, slightly melted and smelling of burnt tofu.

Passing Rest In Peace GIF by GIPHY Studios 2023

They shall not be forgotten.  At least until WitW drops and we get that sweet arcane transmuter and so on.

But DE, how many more players must implode into their constituent particles, physically and cosmologically unable to wait any longer for the official announcement?  

• Like 3

A surprise launch at Game Awards would be pretty hype and great, but... I don't think thats whats going to happen unfortunately. Or at least, I wouldn't try to anticipate that too much personally, because it would be more fun to be wrong and pleasantly surprised. So I figure around the second week of December, towards the middle. To give them a buffer zone, and some time before taking a break. I don't think they have to worry about too much breaking, and needing to be fixed, as far as Shadows (compared to Empyrean), but thats just an assumption I am making as far as behind the scenes game mechanics. Cross save on the other hand could be anxiety inducing as far as needing to get right, but my assumption is that they have been working on that longer.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

given how Empyrean's launch went, I really, REALLY hope you're wrong.

You'd rather the update launch later in the month? With less time to hotfix before Christmas break?

If it goes live on the 7th you've got about 17 days before holidays to do these things.

So I'd be hoping for the 7th, because if it's anything like Empyrean (probably wont, the last few updates have been pretty solid), they'll need those days to do the work.

Edited by (XBOX)Cram Duahcim

Its also worth noting that the Game Awards in 2019 was at a later date than they are this year, hence whilst Empyrean launched at the same time as the Game Awards, it was later in December than if they would, this year. There are other variables to consider as well, but I am cautiously optimistic we won't see anything like with Empyrean. Multiple reasons, DE has more experience, the nature of the updates are different, likely less unknown variables this time, etc So even if they did launch later, like on the 12th - 14th, I think they would be a lot more prepared. The only dates where it starts becoming anxiety inducing, is literally leaving the launch until the day or two before everyone leaves. I wouldn't want any DE staff to feel obligated to cut into their holiday time either TBH, so having like a buffer week for unknown/unexpected issues should be a thing. 

• Like 1

i am hoping they launch it earlier rather than later. solely so that the biggest bugs get dealt with early on.  I understand it needs to be at least somewhat not buggy before a release it looks bad otherwise but this isnt like games where you buy on a disk and your stuck with that version for a really long time.

around septemberish, i was guessing December fifth. but honestly it wouldnt suprise me if they did the launch at the game awards.

7 hours ago, balckillofdeath said:

i am hoping they launch it earlier rather than later. solely so that the biggest bugs get dealt with early on.  I understand it needs to be at least somewhat not buggy before a release it looks bad otherwise but this isnt like games where you buy on a disk and your stuck with that version for a really long time.

around septemberish, i was guessing December fifth. but honestly it wouldnt suprise me if they did the launch at the game awards.

I only hope that they would have the necessary time to fix the potential bugs before going into the winter break.

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I just want to know if the stream will have umbra forma drop(s). I'm aware of the Sevagoth drop, but really don't care (MR fodder then straight to Helminth).

They just specified Sevagoth, not sure they would throw in an Umbral Forma without specifying they would, sadly. 

I wouldnt be surprised if it launches either with TGA or on the 8th. Those two were my initial thoughts when they said the release date would be revealed at TGA. And since an operation will launch shortly after I hope it does release on the 7th or 8th, since that would give them enough time to fix eventual bugs with the update and leave them a good window to fix operation bugs before the holidays. Launching on the 13th or the 14th means only 10 days or so to fix what is needed with WitW and then even fewer incase the operation has bugs.

But I'm fine with canceling Christmash aswell.

• Like 1

Came for the speculation stayed for the rage. Listen....I'm already traumatized enough I am literally barely holding on here and by barely I mean....jeez my participation went down like 600% over the years BUT I SO WANT TO PLAY AGAIN....so the fact that they tied cross save to this update I AM VERY VERY INTERESTED for this to come out as soon as humanly possible. It would be actually funny to quantify how little I care about any other aspect of content at this time. It would have to be at an all time low of things...like historically through like ancestral memories of things my bloodline did not care about. I want the cross save. Please release the cross save. I don't even think I have completed steel path and I have been playing since '13. At some point pc crapped out and ....well you all have heard the stories of players that just cant restart....I am so far behind and ahead (? I guess ahead of the new player and behind the old/current one) its crazy....but I look forward to figuring all that out AFTER I get this account on my ps/switch/Xbox accounts. It's over with at that point. I am locked in. 

I promise I'm just gonna go away and pray that in 6-10 days I can FINALLY get back to the game I actually loved and fall back in love all over again.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Launching on the 13th or the 14th means only 10 days or so to fix what is needed with WitW and then even fewer incase the operation has bugs.

The last hotfix of 2022 happened on 15 Dec. :P

(I don't remotely believe they'd break that early if they release on the 13th or 14th, but it's kind of funny.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The last hotfix of 2022 happened on 15 Dec. :P

(I don't remotely believe they'd break that early if they release on the 13th or 14th, but it's kind of funny.)

That would suck in this case heh. Though I cant remember, did we have any particular major patch in Dec 2022?