Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is my console really that old that my Railjack mission stops spawning fighters or is it just DE as usual not fixing bugs?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

third time today...they don't spawn enough at the start of the mission to kill them all, so I have to do objective, which causes them to not spawn at all...aborting all the effort and time I've spent.

is it yet another reason why PS4 sucks? or this is still a legit bug for everyone?

I noticed you recently have a series of issue posts with the game. During the Thanksgiving week, I played Warframe on my nephew's PS4 and ran some RJ missions to help him get some holokeys. For reference, we never ran into spawn issues or bugs, but we were running solo. Pub matches were FAR more problematic because the Internet connection of one of the other player's PS4 wasn't good. One big note is I bought him an external SSD drive to run his games on and Warframe is a very different experience on SSD. 

• Like 2

Only on PC here and I've never experienced that issue myself.

But if it is the spawn cap issue as mentioned earlier then that would be a PS4 (and other older gens/Switch) specific issue due to the lower spawn cap than other platforms. Plus having a host on a console with a lower cap could force the issue for players on other platforms. Which if this is the case it's not a bug, it's a limitation of DE letting the game remain on outdated hardware that couldn't run the game properly in the first place.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

It's because you've hit the spawn cap. There's probably lots of normal mobs in one of the "bases". Usually you can re-enter and clear the mobs and then the fighters will start to spawn again.

Yep, this exactly.  Every single time my friend and I do railjack, if fighters stop spawning one of us goes and clears out the base and they come back like clockwork.

28 minutes ago, trst said:

But if it is the spawn cap issue as mentioned earlier then that would be a PS4 (and other older gens/Switch) specific issue due to the lower spawn cap than other platforms. Plus having a host on a console with a lower cap could force the issue for players on other platforms. Which if this is the case it's not a bug, it's a limitation of DE letting the game remain on outdated hardware that couldn't run the game properly in the first place.

Darn you console...what's the point? A few years down the line and PS5 will be replaced with PS ultra pro or something and the same thing happens lol

39 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

noticed you recently have a series of issue posts with the game

Well too bad, I can't crosssave to PC because i was and idiot and bought alot of tenno gen stuff recently that won't cross to my crossave account...so i'm practically stuck in consoles

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Darn you console...what's the point? A few years down the line and PS5 will be replaced with PS ultra pro or something and the same thing happens lol

The same won't happen unless DE massively increases the min-specs. As is older gen consoles apparently didn't meet the min-spec when the game released on them since they always had the reduced spawn cap. Ideally a few years down they'll just drop old consoles entirely between the outdated hardware and dwindling playerbase still on them.

Mobile might throw a wrench in this issue but since modern phones are stronger than the Switch they might not have the reduction anyways.

• Like 2

Spawn cap it's a thing in consoles.  I don't know if you know how the AI works in games with enemies hordes... each enemy has an AI that tells it what to do, then the more enemies there are in the room, the more memory the game consumes because it has to process more information, that's why the enemy's AI in warframe is not very sophisticated. If the enemy AI were modern and sophisticated, it would be impossible to play it on a console.

I could give a close example to compare... Days Gone, in that game the hordes are huge but the enemy AI is much simpler, chasing and hitting is the only thing they do. In Warframe the enemies use certain strategies that, although simple, are much more complex than the Days Gone zombies, therefore they consume many more resources. DE limits the number of enemies so your console doesn't burn out.

I think the spawn count problem is not related to CPU power but network. There's a lot of traffic that needs to be sent for every enemy and their bullets, and CPUs are super fast these days (watch warframe play in perfmon and you'll see the CPUs are hardly stressed). And while you may think you have a superfast fibre internet, the problem is not you but those other hosts who still have slow ones. WFs base code has to cater for them when hosting so the limits are here unless DE can optimise the network traffic.

10 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Well too bad, I can't crosssave to PC because i was and idiot and bought alot of tenno gen stuff recently that won't cross to my crossave account...so i'm practically stuck in consoles

How recently? If you did it prior to the latest Devstream you will be fine since everything tennogen prior to that day will transfer over if you merge or be usable on PC if you link.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Actually, my intent was to present to you the option of using an SSD external drive to run Warframe on. This will DRAMATICALLY increase your load times and changes the way the game handles processing missions. It really was a game changer when I had my PS4. 

Perhaps I misread, but I thought Tennogen stuff would cross over up to the date of the devstream announcement. No?

17 hours ago, trst said:

The same won't happen unless DE massively increases the min-specs. As is older gen consoles apparently didn't meet the min-spec when the game released on them since they always had the reduced spawn cap. Ideally a few years down they'll just drop old consoles entirely between the outdated hardware and dwindling playerbase still on them.

Mobile might throw a wrench in this issue but since modern phones are stronger than the Switch they might not have the reduction anyways.

I was about to write this too. Luckily I saw your post. Lol!

Phones are absolute UNITs now and can easily outperform some current PCs. It's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens and, for the sake of progress, the old units will die. My guess is mid next year will be the beginning of the die off point. 

8 hours ago, VibingCat said:

This reproducible bug happens when you complete the objectives before killing all the fighters and crewships, so be careful and leave the objectives for last.

There's absolutely more to it than that, every run I've ever done is rushing the objectives and leaving the ships for last since AI crew can whittle down most of them before the away objectives are done. If players are experiencing it without a spawn capped host then there is some inconsistent bug going on.

18 hours ago, trst said:

Welp, and this right here is why we had that one thread not long ago about how consoles should not be allowed to host in crossplay.

1 hour ago, trst said:

There's absolutely more to it than that, every run I've ever done is rushing the objectives and leaving the ships for last since AI crew can whittle down most of them before the away objectives are done. If players are experiencing it without a spawn capped host then there is some inconsistent bug going on.

Well, destroy the crewships and fighters before the other objectives and you'll be fine for sure.

22 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Only had it happen once when a squad did the objective first, which is a no-no. If you're still on Ps4 though, it might be different.

Perhaps santa will bring you a PS5 if you've been a good boy/girl/non-binary humanoid this year! 

I'll just save up and buy it myself lol.